IVF/ICSI Support Group

This dept is you preg liao then go see them. Not ivf. Maybe call up and see what they said. No harm. Find out more details.

I got friend mc 4 times in a row and finally have 4 kids after that. But she din go to this nuh dept.

Dun give up. As long as still got eggs must try.
Means she go ivf 8 times?

I read somewhere says that For IVF-ICSI, mostly will have female BB, is that true?

I have 2 frozen embryos (ICSI) , most probably r female?

Ya I heard of it also. But my embryos are in kkh. Tats y on dilemma. They said different lab conditions are not optimal for embryo thawing. So I got scared. I am yet to hear a success story of sisters who transferred embryos anf succeeded. Dilemma and don't knw what to do.
In NUH, their recurrent preg loss dept & IVF dept is 2 separate clinics.
Recurrent loss dept tests & investigates MCs only, doesn't do ivf... so u still can return back to KKH to do your ET after investigations.

Hi I going too, I fax it, got a success sent slip,I don't think they will reply as it jus said got first come first serve on seating.the registration time on actual day is 1pm.

Top up this reply, I jus opened my letter mailed from KKH, is a payment acknowledgment which means they have received my payment for the talk. See u all there on tat day.

Oh yes, i just checked my mail and receive the receipt today.
See all of you!

Hi everyone.. Im starting my first fresh cycle next week.. Dunno what to expect so tryinng to find support from anyone who may be goinn through the same as me here..

No, she didn't. so I no point try ivf? Dr Tan HH from KKH ? Full name Dr Tan Heng Hao? Shd I just make apt ask for second opinion from Dr Tan, since this Dr Yu didn't say anything and I didn't know about the link between block tubes and ivf....like pay so much but not informed by the doc, dunno pay for what, waste time waste money.
Hi i went to see dr yu and transferred to dr tan hh as well. Didnt like the way dr yu did the analysis and quickly swop to kkh. Suggest u get second opinion from dr tan hh. He is quite good.

Hi! i might be gg for the first scan next thursday if i calculate my cycle right. Did you call the counsellor that kkh gave us the contact? Which doc are you with?

Do you mean the social worker? Never got thru the line, left msg but didn't rec'd any call back so I just leave it. Compulsory for the social counselling?
I can't predict my exact date. Was supposed to start in July but my menses didn't come before 11 July (as they closed for aircon maintenance). June menses came on 9 and July one arrived on 16. My cycle can be btwn 28-40 days. Think avg ard 33-34 days so roughly it's next week bah.
Am with Dr THH but recently changed to Dr Sahdana cos our blood tests expired after 6 months so thought to change to another doc.

Do you mean the social worker? Never got thru the line, left msg but didn't rec'd any call back so I just leave it. Compulsory for the social counselling?
I can't predict my exact date. Was supposed to start in July but my menses didn't come before 11 July (as they closed for aircon maintenance). June menses came on 9 and July one arrived on 16. My cycle can be btwn 28-40 days. Think avg ard 33-34 days so roughly it's next week bah.
Am with Dr THH but recently changed to Dr Sahdana cos our blood tests expired after 6 months so thought to change to another doc.
Ya the social worker.. Nurse says not compulsory but cos the other time when i went thru iui and soiui it was quite a painful experience when we couldnt get BFP thats why i tot of trying to get in touch with the social worker.. Hmm I'll try next monday..

Ya me too supposed to start in july but postpone to aug cos of the air con issue. We need lots of baby dust!!

Hi ladies,
Just want to say Jiayou add oil to you all! Especially those who have gone thru so many rounds...It must have been very tiring emotionally and physically. I m sure you ladies will eventually succeed.Big Hugz and many baby dusts to you all!

Hi ladies,
Just want to say Jiayou add oil to you all! Especially those who have gone thru so many rounds...It must have been very tiring emotionally and physically. I m sure you ladies will eventually succeed.Big Hugz and many baby dusts to you all!

Ya I heard of it also. But my embryos are in kkh. Tats y on dilemma. They said different lab conditions are not optimal for embryo thawing. So I got scared. I am yet to hear a success story of sisters who transferred embryos anf succeeded. Dilemma and don't knw what to do.
Got. I have a girlfriend who transfered her frozen embryos from kkh to private after she failed her first Ivf in kkh...

She is now a mother of 2 boys... Successful FET under Dr Paul tseng.

Hi all, will be starting for IVF/CISI. I'm starting on birth control pill tonight for 21 days. Just need some advise for after implantation, during the 2 weeks of bed rest, is there any special care or diet to look out for? Also is it safe to the flight cos hubby is stationed in Kuala Lumpur and was thinking maybe I can be do my 2 weeks bed rest with him around.

Anyone with Dr Sadhana Nadarajah? How u gals find her? Good? I thinking shld i go to her or DR Tan HH.

I had my 3 fresh with her
1st short protocol bfn
She changed to long protocol for 2nd

Succeeded with singleton but I had a midterm loss last dec

Went for last fresh in Apr long protocol now pregnant with twins

She is quite a reassuring dr
Like her a lot

Too bad she don't do delivery else I would follow her throughout

If you planning to get her, you are in good hands. :)

I had my 3 fresh with her
1st short protocol bfn
She changed to long protocol for 2nd

Succeeded with singleton but I had a midterm loss last dec

Went for last fresh in Apr long protocol now pregnant with twins

She is quite a reassuring dr
Like her a lot

Too bad she don't do delivery else I would follow her throughout

If you planning to get her, you are in good hands. :)

Thanks for sharing. Congratulations!

This is my 4th ivf. All 3 times at nuh. Tinking to try one last time at kkh. I booked apptment with Dr Tan HH. But hb friend recommended going to Dr Sadhana. So wondering shld i change. Wat u tink?

Hi, I am new to this site. I am now on 9dpt5dt would like to find out if any have spotting during this period as i start spotting yesterday and I have test my hcg which was 286. I am going for another test tml. I am kind of worried. I am wondering is it normal to have spotting

Hi, I am new to this site. I am now on 9dpt5dt would like to find out if any have spotting during this period as i start spotting yesterday and I have test my hcg which was 286. I am going for another test tml. I am kind of worried. I am wondering is it normal to have spotting
Hcg 286 is tve! Where u did ur ivf?

Thanks for sharing. Congratulations!

This is my 4th ivf. All 3 times at nuh. Tinking to try one last time at kkh. I booked apptment with Dr Tan HH. But hb friend recommended going to Dr Sadhana. So wondering shld i change. Wat u tink?

Purple dragon, THH is busier in my own opinion. He is patient and answer the questions U have for him. However being in kkh the scans are done by sonographer n review by review dr. So U won't get to interact with him except ER n ET. If you have any problem he won't reply email n U have to find ways to get through to him by nurses or hotline. This to me is a problem.

As for Sadhana she has lesser patient n not as busy because she only do ivf n not delivery. The good thing is she reply email quite promptly. So if U have any questions U can email to check. However the reply she gave may or may not be up to your satisfaction. She may just tell U to follow what the review dr suggested. Whatever it is I find to be able to get through to dr by email is important. She prefers day 5 transfer n her reason is if embryo cannot survive in lab it won't survive in womb. This is different from THH when he believe womb is a better place.

I did email Sadhana several times when I need to push for endo scratching or SIS to check womb and I explain reason for rushing it. She is nice to arrange for me or try to squeeze in schedule for me to see her. If I go through the main line I don't think I can get appt so soon.
Also for some issue that need explanation she personally call me to explain. I suppose being not as busy she has the time to be more personalized.

Both drs have their pros n cons. It really depends whom U can click with.

Last edited:

Some preg ladies spot throughout the first tri. It is important to get a support jab to stabilize the pregnancy. If U are with public hospital and they don't want to give it to you just pop by any pte gynae and they will sure help you.

Purple dragon, THH is busier in my own opinion. He is patient and answer the questions U have for him. However being in kkh the scans are done by sonographer n review by review dr. So U won't get to interact with him except ER n ET. If you have any problem he won't reply email n U have to find ways to get through to him by nurses or hotline. This to me is a problem.

As for Sadhana she has lesser patient n not as busy because she only do ivf n not delivery. The good thing is she reply email quite promptly. So if U have any questions U can email to check. However the reply she gave may or may not be up to your satisfaction. She may just tell U to follow what the review dr suggested. Whatever it is I find to be able to get through to dr by email is important. She prefers day 5 transfer n her reason is if embryo cannot survive in lab it won't survive in womb. This is different from THH when he believe womb is a better place.

I did email Sadhana several times when I need to push for endo scratching or SIS to check womb and I explain reason for rushing it. She is nice to arrange for me or try to squeeze in schedule for me to see her. If I go through the main line I don't think I can get appt so soon.
Also for some issue that need explanation she personally call me to explain. I suppose being not as busy she has the time to be more personalized.

Both drs have their pros n cons. It really depends whom U can click with.

Thanks for your reply.

You mean even private patient also only see review doc aft scan?

Really dunno who to go to. Hahaha...

Thanks for your reply.

You mean even private patient also only see review doc aft scan?

Really dunno who to go to. Hahaha...

Yes. That's the way kkh works. The reason they gave is everyone of them work as a team. If U disagree with the review dr U can always request for him or her to check with your main dr n U wait outside. They will let U know the answer after checking.

Anyone with Dr Sadhana Nadarajah? How u gals find her? Good? I thinking shld i go to her or DR Tan HH.
Hi Purpledragon,

I'm under Dr Sadhana but Dr THH stand in for her for a ER and ET during my 1st fresh. Btw, I've done 2 fresh and 1 FET, no success yet. Going for another round next month.

I like both Drs. Dr Sadhana will think of things to try after each failure, though I wonderwd before why she didn't suggest certain tests (like SIS) earlier, but only after failure. She has been patient and friendly during consultations, ER and ET.

Dr THH has wonderful bedside manners too, and very reassuring and there are great reviews of him in the other thread. But he seems to be away a lot, so there's a higher chance of getting a coverage Dr for ER and ET.

Hth.

Hi Purpledragon,

I'm under Dr Sadhana but Dr THH stand in for her for a ER and ET during my 1st fresh. Btw, I've done 2 fresh and 1 FET, no success yet. Going for another round next month.

I like both Drs. Dr Sadhana will think of things to try after each failure, though I wonderwd before why she didn't suggest certain tests (like SIS) earlier, but only after failure. She has been patient and friendly during consultations, ER and ET.

Dr THH has wonderful bedside manners too, and very reassuring and there are great reviews of him in the other thread. But he seems to be away a lot, so there's a higher chance of getting a coverage Dr for ER and ET.

Hth.

Thanks thanks. :)

Pardon me. What is SIS?

Hi i went to see dr yu and transferred to dr tan hh as well. Didnt like the way dr yu did the analysis and quickly swop to kkh. Suggest u get second opinion from dr tan hh. He is quite good.
I see, so I'm not the only one who feels that! I'm glad to find this thread and for all the advice! looking forward to see Dr Tan in Sept...

Some preg ladies spot throughout the first tri. It is important to get a support jab to stabilize the pregnancy. If U are with public hospital and they don't want to give it to you just pop by any pte gynae and they will sure help you.
Hi jumbo girl, my doctor jus give me a jab

Back