IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Sunstillshines, shouldnt be a prob to do lap on D15 as long as the follicle is not fertilised? I did mine on D16. Din bother to try during the month when i did lap, just wanted to complete lap then see how.
happy.gif

Anyway, i did check with my doc...he says lap can be still anytime within the cycle.
happy.gif

SSS, if dr loh has indicated to do the lap for you next sunday, you may want to refrain from babydancing with your hubby until after the lap. Just in case lah hor... :p

Babyjourney, Dr Loh replied me again. The time was 3am! I feel so bad that he is still working at the sleeping time.
sad.gif

lainelaine, how are you? Have you recovered from the op? I am getting excited about it.

Sunstillshines, yup, im feeling ok now. The surface wound will recover within a wk. i removed the dressing a wk after my op. but can still feel pain when pressed against the lower abdominal area. Guess it also depends on how severe the condition is...i took 2.5hrs for my op...think normally ts less than 2hrs. Dun worry abt the op. heard dr loh is a v gd doc!
happy.gif

SSS, dr loh always replies me between 2-4am. He is that dedicated n a workaholic. Hahaha... He always does surgery on sunday. Thus, he has no off day at all.

i am on day 7 of Lucrin jab...feeling the side effects of nausea/body aches...any1 had the same as me?

Hub did the jabs for me as KKH nurses taught him to do so. But he was a bit slow. And keep complaining that why I so ma fan
sad.gif

22/8 gg back to BT and scan to check if the hormones are working accordingly to the injection...any1 share the same date as me?

Hi Girl,

Correct me if I am wrong but day 7 should be near your period timing? If so, could it be due to period?

I am on day 2 and feeling ok. I do feel the some taste of meds in my mouth shortly after the jab though. I would be on day 4 but Dr say can start jab 2 days later so hence day 2 now.

Hi laki-gal, it's possible. I have posted how I mix 2 packets in 5mins, you can refer to my recent previous threads. Take care!

Luv/Girl: the nurse told us that putting in needle quickly lessen the pain and it's a helpful tip.

Hi all,

We have been trying to conceive for 7 months. Initially I though I was the one having problem so we made an appointment with our gynae. We did some checks and results showed that I'm ok but hubby is not ok. He was diagnosed to have zero sperm count and his LH and FSH are very high. Gynae said it's not a blockage problem. Our chance of having biological child is very slim. Our options are left with only IVF with his sperms if they can find any sperms in him, IVF with donor sperms or adoption. We are totally lost and devastated upon hearing the shocking news! Had been researching a lot on the Internet.

We are also this morality issue with our religion, if we were to go for IVF.

Anyone in the same boat as us? Can share your experience?

Girl, that is so terrible of ur hubby to complain when u r gog thru e hardship trying to gv him a child! Pls ask him to go fly kite

Lakigal: as the water level is only like 2-3soup spoon amount, I put in only abt 1 teaspoon of milo powder. I use milo powder and not 3-in-1 cos I don't have that.

faithfullyyours, if specimens from ur DH are not good, there are clinics who extract sperm from the man's testicles for IVF/ICSI. Perhaps you can discuss this option with ur doc.

Faithfullyyours: thanks for sharing w us. I don't have the answers to your situation as most of us on this journey have seek solutions that are individual to each couple and this we understand with you. I hope you will find peace in this journey on whatever you and hubby may decide. At the end of the day, children is a blessing from Him but the primary relationship is you and hubby. Based on that primary relationship, I believe both of you will find the best decision. It is going to be challenging but rewarding. There was a link someone here posted a few months back that is helpful, I need to find it and posted later tonight as I am working. Meantime, take care and be strong.

Faithfullyyours, rest assured u r not alone. I'm actually on e same boat as u. We went to KKH since Aug 2011, did all tests & was told of e final cause was no sperm count. I read up & suggested biopsy with DH's agreement. After another round of DH's blood test, gynae explained there was a Y deletion chromosome in my hubby & told us to look for sperm donor instead in Feb 2012. At e same time, we were told by our gynae that KKH has temporarily suspended assisting patients arranging for overseas donor sperm & doing IVF for patients using donor sperm!!! This is e reason why I'm doing ivf in private hospital now.

I will say its an even more uphill task for sisters like us. Not only we need to go through ivf, purchasing donor sperm need $ & this is another extra cost to consider. Both of u need to discuss do u want half of u, ie ivf with donor sperm; or none of u, ie adoption? We hv decided & went ahead. I failed 2 IUIs & did my 1st ivf ET last Mon
happy.gif

Which hospital r u at now? If in govt hospital, I would suggest both of u hv a talk w ur gynae n check if e hospital is able to arrange for overseas donor sperm for u, in e event u cant find a local sperm donor, ie friends or ur DH's brothers... Lastly, take care & let me know if u need any other clarifications. 

Hi All,
i've been silently following this thread for many months already.
I did my 1st IVF with KKH and ET was on 3 Aug. Today should be 10dp2dt. I tested positive on the clearblue HPT. Is it too early to test? Could it be a false positive?
I managed to retrieve 22 eggs and transferred 2 grade 3 embroyos but left with nothing to freeze. I was very disappointed with the results. Almost want to give up hope.
But my DH has been encouraging on this journey and that really gave me strength.
I hope everything turns out well and will be able to come back to spread bb dust.
Btw, my blood test is supposed to be on this Friday. Can i go earlier on Thur to get it done?

Melody123, I did my ET 3 days after u, on 6 Aug & I was scheduled for blood test on this Fri too!! So far, I dare not conduct any hm pregnancy tests.

Now I understand y my gynae suggested me to go back to work rather than staying at Hm n thinking too much! During e whole of last wk after my ET, I felt v bloated, breasts sore, crampy feeling n no appetite, really like a pregnant woman. Though difficult, I actually enjoyed those moments!!!! But starting yesterday, all these feelings r gone! Have been worrying will I bfp or not???????? Help!!!!!

Dreambear,
I also realise that my breasts are not as sore as before.
As i was on high risk of ohss, kkh put me on ohss study. I took a tiny tablet every night since ET for 8 days and i did not develop symptoms of ohss at all.
Thus, i wasn't bloated and don't hv any other pregnancy symptoms.
Where did u do ur ivf?

Hi Melody, I did my ivf at Parkway Fertility Centre @ Mt E. I retrieved 7 eggs, 6 matured n 4 of them fertilised. Transferred 2 & left with nothing to freeze too. I'm just praying things will turn out right on Fri so I can spread bb dust here too
happy.gif
Sisters, let's jia you together!!!!

melody...day 10 might be abit early cos hcg takes abt 10 days to clear..but if yr line is really dark..chances are high...i wld suggest u test again tml and if still positive can go straight for bt..no need wait till Thursday.

all the best..

sore breasts might get better in wk2 and for me, it stay abit sore till mid first tri...

Hi faithfullyyours

Sorry to heard about your story. We all face different obstacle in life. Today technology is so advance and there is surely you guys can do about it. I also believe whatever decision you make God will bless becos you just want a Bb of your own. Remember there is no condemnation in God eyes. He will only bless his children with their desire..

Good luck

Laki gal, the lesser the water the better and faster to mix immunocal.

My solution is, add 1 or 2 tablespoon of water, pour in a pkt of immunocal and use fork to stir. Just keep on stirring till it become a paste then slowly add in whatever drink that u wanna mix with. If u doing 2 pkt immunocal at a time, 30ml water is enough to start with. Hope it help yayy!

U can mix with any drinks as long "NO" heat will do.

I too lazy to stir so usually i will just shake and just drink it with all the foam haha :D

I usually mix with - HL Milk, Stawberry yogurt drink, Apple Kiwi yogurt drink, Mangosteen fruit juice and yakult
happy.gif

For immunocal, usually i put 50ml water then pour in a sachet, then shake it! after that add in milk or yogurt drink and stir it with fork or spoon. Then let it settle down around half an hour, so by the time i drink it, it will be totally dissolved..no foam also :p

mc_007, I had call and check with the distributor le. Is okie to drink with milk. Cos I been taking with milk for more than 1yr lolz.

Ladies who have doubt can call them direct and ask for more info.

Fung & Goh Pharmaceutical Products Pte Ltd
Tel: 6281 8229

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies!

We only found out about our situation on last Friday and on the very same day we had a counselling session at CARE, which is recommended by our gynae at TMC.

DH's FSH is 38.8, hence gynae concluded his testicles are damaged. DH asked his mum regarding his medical history and was informed that his mum had TB and when he was born, he was put on TB medication for his first twelve months.

Angela at CARE, told us that the TB could be the reason my DH's testicles are damaged when he was young. DH never had mumps before. Due to the high level of FSH, Angela also disclaimed that retrieval of sperms is not high as their highest record so far to be able to retrieve sperms is FSH 30. We probably may need to resort to donor sperms.

I'm a Catholic. I read that our faith is against IVF.

Thks leor, mc_007 & prosepina for d tips.

Err think i do d wrong way. I juz measure 30ml of yakult and mix d immunocal w it and drink it w d foam n somemore i didnt dissolve it well. Hmm so tat mean i have to mix w water first b4 mix w yakult? Haha stupid me.

Dreambear,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

You mean Parkway Fertility Centre at Mount E assist patients to arrange for overseas sperms donor?

I read the morality issue with IVF with donor sperms is that the child is deprived of the awareness of his own lineage and this could lead to half brothers or sisters marrying one another because neither knew that the sperm which engendered their lives actually came from the same donor.

This is something we are also taking into consideration whether to go for IVF.

If it's sperms donor, will this eliminate the chances of this occurrence?

Laki, no need. Can straight use the drink. If u use yakult, just pour in a bit follow by immunocal then stir with fork into paste then slow add more yakult into it and stir. It will be swee swee and smooth to drink :D

Leor, thks ya. But dont knw itiz early morning drink yakult, af a while need to go poo poo haha. My dh say mayb is d yakult tat is cleaning my intestine so if 2ml still d same, i might have to change to other drink.

faithfullyyours, i juz feel go w ur heart. Still d conclusion is wat u n ur dh wan in d end, so try not to think too far n no1 will know what will happen. Hehe for me i used to kep think alot till now trying dont wish to think n juz hope to take things at a step. Let jiayou tog
happy.gif

Faithfullyyours, from my understanding, almost all fertility centres here help their patients to arrange for purchasing n storage of donor sperm from overseas. U may wish to check with CARE on this.

For PFC, they will only allow one donor per patient in their fertility centre, hence the donor will NOT be used by another patient in the same centre. However, I do not know how they link or share this information with the other fertility centres in SG, ie will another couple in KKH or TMC usethe same donor?

Dreambear, thanks for the information! Will check with CARE on this. By the way, how do you choose which fertility centre to go for IVF?

I heard we can choose the physical attributes, the blood type, etc of the donor, is that true?

Faithfullyyours, can share with us about the sharing of patient & donor info btw hospitals after u hv checked with CARE pls. My previous gynae in KKH gave me my current gynae's contact as KKH was unable to process our case then.

I'm currently under the care of Dr Roland Chieng. His clinic is at Parkway East Hospital. However as our case is different where we using donor, we were referred & assisted by Parkway Fertility Centre @ Mt E on e purchase & storing of donor sperm as i meantioned each hospital will hv their own fertility centre. My IVF procedure was done in Mt E as e sperm r stored at the fertility centre. My other follow up sessions are at his clinic.

Oh yes, you can choose the physical attributes of the donor. The fertility centre will assist u on this n of cos you must choose the same blood group as u n ur DH
happy.gif

Faithfullyyours, my dh has mumps when he was a child. He went for a surgery on his testicle at that time. His FSH also high. We have went to Mt E to seek advise from a urologist to check and confirm if his testicle are damaged. Conclusion is that it is not damaged. Do you go to see a urologist to verify this point?

I know also that TMC has the ability to suppress FSH from going up. Do you want to consult TMC doctor too?

Back