IVF/ICSI Support Group

Melody & Eumin and all other sisters BFP, congrats!! Melody & Eumin where u do your ivf?

sunstillshines, hello! i am doing lap on hari raya with dr loh too!! my opt is at 9am. do u know ur op time? i feel abit scared.. sorry u did ivf before with dr loh? i am also seeing dr tan siew bouy at ntu clinic.. she is so busy nowadays after she went Mark Lee's show on channel 8..

laine, why must wear dress on lap day?? i thot we will be wearing the hospital gown?

brief intro of myself: ttc for 4 yrs, 1 failed iui. dh sperm quality is not that fantastic so dr loh prescribed him some vit.. we are both 34 this yr, age catching up and my body belongs to the weak type..
sad.gif

Hi linda and sunstillshines, wear dress cause you might have difficulty buckle up your pants after the op unless it's loose. But i would think safer not to touch/stress your dressings cause the wound will still be bit fresh when you are discharged.
happy.gif

laine, oic! why i din think of that!! haa thks!! but then i dun have dark colour dress, wonder if i will stain my light col dress when discharge :p

Hi lin, i'm with kkh, Dr Tan Heng Hao.
I'm also seeing Dr Tan Siew Buoy but at Chinatown for abt a year. I stopped when i started ivf but wondering if i shld start seeing her for an tai yao now.
All the best for ur lap.

Hi
Just to check anyone taking this Y.S. Eco Bee Farms, Royal Jelly & Pollen, in Honey found that it has a yucky smell? Not sure if it normal or the bottle I ordered is spoilt !!!

i1BB, thanks for remembering me! I am getting myself mentally for the lap op this sunday! Since you have resolved the misunderstanding, there is no thyroid problem. Wil you be trying naturally?

lin, I got to know from Alice that I am #6 in queue for lap this sun. How about you? Need to be admitted at 9am too. I wonder if I can tahan the hunger as Alice said that my op may be at 2pm! Btw, did you book your lap with O&G or with TFC?

No, I did not do my last ivf with Dr Loh. He was still in KK at that time. I did mine with Dr LC Cheng.

Snoopy, actually I don't really have a next plan currently. Will just try naturally n c how...

Sunstillshines, all the best for your op this coming Sunday. Ya I will b trying naturally for the moment...

i1bb, me too... Hope try naturally will strike..
happy.gif

We all jia you ba..
happy.gif

I also plan to go BKK.. Any got place recommend ?
happy.gif

R u working now?
I plan fet next yr, u??

sunstillshines, mmm ya will have quite a bit of discharge. I dunno whether it's menses or blood. They will place a thick pad for you after the surgery. But that one cannot wear home. So got to bring along...i brought a regular flow one, after the op scared not sufficient, got my hub to go down to guardian and buy. The first 2 days will be quite alot...then I have spotting for 10days.

Hi sunstillshines n lainelaine,
I juz did lap with Dr loh few wks ago. I only got 2 incisions n the navel wound heals v v nicely like there's no incision n im impressed! The left wound is visible n i started applying some scar oil which i bought yesterday.
Sunstillshines, things to do n bring: You can bring along your socks else they will give u a pair of white socks to wear.. U can do brazillian else nurse will shave the upper part for u up to your tummy n i find it abit rough when hair grows. If u didnt do big business, nurse will insert a bottle of liquid n shortly u will fell tummyache n go toilet to release.. hee.. I forgot to bring pads but nurse will provide the maternity pads once u r in the room. Practically, I juz bring myself there n prepared nothing at all coz I only stay one night. I felt its better to stay overnight to rest. Hb is not allowed to accompany u to wait for your turn n u will be pushed to recovery ward near OT to wait ALONE.. I started to feel anxious n cold n I started to pray n eventually I becum sleepy n slept for a while. I actually wanted to pull out but luckily didn't ;p waited 1 hr then the nurse pushed me just outside the OT n waited again n there's this whiteboard n I saw my name there. When pushed inside I was told to put on the laughing gas n doc poked "needle" on my left hand then Dr Loh arrived.. As i was already feeling "high" I forced myself to remind him abt my 2 tiny fibroids that he said might be a challenge to remove it ;p then I KO.. The nurse wake me up while pushing to recovery ward n i woke up immediately but v v weak n tired... i rested for a short while n asked the nurse to push me back to my room coz i dun want to b alone liao... hee hee... so glad to see my hb waiting in the room... hope you have a smooth op n speedy recovery!

sunstillshine - I did my lap in 2007 & found out I got endometrosis. gonna do pap smear & scan to make sure my endo is not back before I start my FET

sun - the endo was found during the lap. pap smear cannot check endo but my gynae will do a v-scan to ensure everything is in order. thats what his nurse tell me lah

Winnie, dr how to check endo not back ? Can this cure?? My tcm dr sufpect I got endo , my my gynea said don hav...I m worry ...

snoopy - I dunno. not cure for this, only can go thru lapo to remove it. if u dun trust ur gynae then I suggest u go for 2nd opinion for check

Hi Laki,
oh.... great news!!! Hope we will bfp too....
I am on Early short antagonist regime and started Cetrotide yesterday for 3 days. What about you?

melody: i think if u are the more weaker body, u can go to dr tan for an tai yao.. i feel its much safer to eat both tcm and english supplements tgt to support..

bb: thks for the info! wow so sad got to wait alone for an hour!! i wonder if i will cry, and its so embarassing if i do!

sunstillshines: i need to be admitted at 7am, my opt at 9am. i'm nt sure if i am the first or 2nd.. but i am amazed that dr loh can operate 6 patients on the same day? so strong mentally and physically ah..

i1BB, snoopy: are both of u working? i rem i read somewhere some of the sisters are not..

i underst that endo cannot be clearly detected from v scan, because the blood clots are very very small, unlike cysts or fabriods.. the best way is lap, but sometimes if u do a blood test, and the CA marker is higher, it may be a sign of endo.

endo cannot be totally cured (unless u are pregnant according to tcm dr tan siew bouy). but it can be suppressed with medications. some pple stop their mense for few mths aft lap to suppress so that the chances of it coming back is minimized. i read some got preg naturally aft they start their menses again.

i also read that if endo is left untreated for too long, can spread to the rectum and lungs. so if there are symtoms like cramps, then likelihood to have endo... got to take care then.. but i think there is no total cure for endo. the best way is to get preg as then u wont have menses for 10 mths and the roots will be killed (that's what dr tan siew bouy told me)

bb: btw, how are the nurses at thomson hospital? u stayed at 2 bedded rm? did dr loh ask u to stop ur menses?

sunstillshines: u intend to stay one night? i prob will...

sunstillshines: i booked my lap at O&G so that can claim for insurance. alice told me to fast 8 hrs before 7am.. n i need to insert 2 tablets to the v the night before to open the cervix (i think its for the hsg?)

i wonder if we will see ea other :p

dian tang, take more EWs and stay zen! Jia you!!

Laki gal & Agnes, I will spread my bb dust to both of u.. Rem to take more protein during stim esp EWs. Good Luck & Jia you!!

I was on MC/HL for coming to 3 wks due to ivf n I must say it really makes a difference lor. Going through ivf is physically, mentally & emotionally very stressful & thus being able to be excused from work is really a plus point! So envy that some sisters here are actually not working de
happy.gif

Hi all.

Coming in to spread my BB dust. Did my hcg test on tue with raffles medical gp and gotten the results today.

I did 2 fresh previously. 1st in Oct 2011 and 2nd in Apr 12 @ SGH; always short protocol with no embryos left to freeze. I had my saddest moments and you all were so supportive for me when I cried most. I thought I would nvr be able to conceive even with IVF. Actually, I wasnt sure if I would do a 3rd fresh. The failure is just too painful.

But I took your advice all seriously, visit Dr Zou, eat DHEA, CoQ10, folate, exercise, eat eggs daily. Occassionally, I would make lu rong soup with fish maw n chicken for my ovaries while I made cordyceps soup for hubby. At times, I would also drink red bean soup, LRD tea and DOM in the night.

So I am very grateful to conceive naturally. I felt very blessed now.
I wish to express my thanks to Dr Zou. With her med and accu, I ovulated and had luck. Plus all of the sis here, giving me advice on DHEA, COQ10 and folate.

Thank you all. Hope we all succeed one day!

Congratulations Usagi! Woah, this is so good news! So happy for you! :D grab your baby dusts! I feel your blessing too.
happy.gif

Back