IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi queenie
Of course u can use my list.. We share things here.. The list i hv oso learn fr other sis here.. Btw, Yes.. I stop conceivewell n half boiled egg after bfp.. Only take hard boil or cook egg..

Hi melodi
Think backache is normal.. No worries.. Me dun hv but if i sit in a position too long.. It aches.. Hmm strange, i think u can go to pte suite directly as both me n goh go to pte suite.. Wait time shorter n more comfy there.. Best is can hv afternoon apptment (thats why me go on wed afternoon).. The cost difference only $5-7 so why not.. When i tell my hubby, he laugh abt the cost difference as to him.. No need wait too long is best.. Oso, i heard the scan machine is better at pte suite too.. Maybe u want consider change., initially i oso choose clinic D wed morn but had call to change..;)

Hi goh
We post together but cost state different.. Hmm.. Nvm ba.. Not much difference..;)

Hi whitetiger
Shd rest well after er.. Prepare for ur et.. Dun take heavy thing now too though no embbie in u yet but ur womb still recupperating.. For kkh.. No medi after er..If i no remember wrongly.. Just antibiotic.. Not sure abt other hospitals..

Goh
Thanks. I really hope that is the case. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey sistas
Anthr curious qn - when do all our ms kick in ah?

Does any sisters know whether it's safe to take flu medications during 2ww?

I'm dying here...
sad.gif

Hi ladies.. am new here. Would like to ask if anyone here got an endometrium lining of 14mm or more and proceeded to ET?? Coz my doc said it's too thick and chances of implantation is not high, therefore he's only planning to transfer the lowest grade embryo out of my 3 fertilized embryos.. however i did some googling and found that actually 14mm seems quite ok.. Hmm.. any advice??

Hi Whitetiger,

MtE grades from 4(cannot make it) to 1 (best). Average probably means those between 1/2. Don't worry, on Saturday, she will show you the rating & cell count for all the embryos before ET.

I think she is referring to the crinone gel and/or Pregnyl which is administered right after the ET. Maybe tomorrow you can call TFC to ask them?

It's good news you are going for Day 5 transfer. That means you have enough good embryos for them to culture it to Day5.. higher chance for BFP! Your embbies are doing well!

Are you bleeding or just some light spotting?

Hi Lynn
No such thing.. My lining is at 15mm 2 days before er day n gynea still allow me to proceed with two best grade embbies.. I was so worry that time too but there is no issue with it so dun worry... Who is ur gynea? i feel u shd go ahead with two gd embby too, dun waste ur embbies since next time if thaw, they may not survive (touchwood but hard to say)...

Thks for the re-assurance! Shd be considered spotting cos not like having af. But more than yesterday.

Everytime the embryoist calls, my heart beat faster..she say will call me Tom to update again.

Hi Joanne, thank u so much for ur advice.. my gynae is Dr Teoh from Mt E.. Think i shall check with him again tml. But he kept emphasizing that my endometrium is too thick today..
sad.gif

whitetiger > btw, laikeng always sound very calm & not very excitable on the phone (I always feel like when she call me, like my embbies just got a "C" on exam or something.. hahaa.. she will say, "they are ok, average" ). But when you get to speak to her in person on Saturday, she's warm & sweet.

Don't worry, things are looking good. If slight spotting, then no big issue, but if you find you are bleeding, should give clinic a call. Rest and take it easy until Saturday... last few days before u become pregnant
happy.gif

Silsilly, u haven't see doc for ur flu yet? If myself, I will spend a bit more to see a gyne coz not sure whether normal GP can cope. Or call the kKh hotline to ask the nurse. Hope u get well soon...

Ron- lai keng is shorthaired and wear specs is it?

There was one lady in the operating theatre during er who held my hand and keep assuring me. Wonder if that's her.

happy.gif
yr description of the "c" for exam is so right. I get the same feeling. Hope I can get a later slot. Supposed to go for acupuncture before and after ET. But if I get 830 slot, then don't know watt to do.

Valteen; mAybe one embryo trying to come out so that is y got bleeding. That is what dr loh told me could be a possibility. During my 1st pregnancy, I had two heartbeats then suddenly got gush of blood n found out 1 stop beating so was hospitalized. Don't worry k. He who gave us our child will take care of him/her. Rest well.

Glimmer; thanks dear juz praying all goes well n bleeding stops. How many weeks r u?

Queenie, all the best for ur ET tmr.

Qingwei, hows ur ER? Rest well.

Done my ET today. Hold bladder until want to burst. Total 14 people doing ET today. Some dun hv bladder made Dr Loh so angry. My appt 8.45am only do trf at 11.30am. Trfed one grade 3 & one grade5. No freeze embryo
sad.gif

I slept the whole aftnoon. Still sleepy now.
Cramp still ok. But when bladder is full the cramp is slightly painful.
When in the ot the nurse are so Gan jiong. So many talk to me at the same time I dont noe who to reply first.

Summer,
Thanks.. I m stil feeling bloated leh...
Wah.. Dr Loh ll b angry if no full bladder arh.. Then u hold ur bladder fr 845am to 1130am?? Faint..

Qingwei,
I know wat u meant.. One nurse tell u move dwn somemore.. One tell u to breath slowly.. Another ask u qns on drug allergy etc.. I was like.. Dunno who to answer & gave the wrong answer.. & then they tell me not to get so excited.. Alamak.. I wasn't lo.. Juz dunno who to listen to...

Queenie, ya lo. I think coz dr Loh coming so he don't want waste time. Haha.
What's ur diet aft ER? I hungry but not interested in food leh.
Porridge eat till sian.

Summer, I think dr loh bad mood today so he angry with those without full bladder? I did ET twice, n nv with full bladder. I can lun until come bk then go toilet leh! He nv angry with me leh.. He has very good skills, he dun need full bladder one...

Qingwei,
My case was Dr Loh was free outside..& yet nobody was inside the OT.. So the nurse literally pulled my arms into the OT & they quickly get me ready.. So all tok @ the same time.. Haha..
I m hungry too but each time eat abit Liao, full.. Can't stand it.. So I try to take more vege & fish..
Ur ET fri?
I very very dislike Ginger one.. So my dh has to put lots of longan to neutralise the taste else I refused to drink.. Mayb tts y I stil bloating.. Haha..

Lynn, my fresh cycle in 2009 also has thick lining at 14mm a few days b4 ET. Dr Kelly Loi was the dr on duty then n she said thick lining is ok, will not affect success rate in ivf cases.. I asked her specifically coz coz I read ideal lining thickness is from 8-12mm. I got pregnant though I miscarriage at 5mths. So, rick lining wun affect ur chance if getting pregnant!

Hi all, I have not been catching up...
I just started on Gonal F yesterday. I was at the Clinic on level 3 (because PC Wong was on leave so they gathered all the ultrasound on level 3). Was anyone of you there? (NUH)

Queenie, the girl before me has to drink two cups of water in the op room then i saw dr loh walked out grumbbling. Then the nurse asked me go to another room do ET. Only manage to lie down 2 mins after the procedure. The nurse said bring me to another room to rest but i reject. Hope tmr no so crowd. Good luck.

Summer,
Hw come u reject resting @ the other room leh?
U drank 2 cups @ 7am & 2 cups @ 8am? Or total 2 cups oni?
Cos nw I stil feel bloat, so I can't take alot of water @ one go.. So worried not full bladder tmr..

Hi Sisters of IVF/ICSI,

I'm new to this forum. I wished I had discovered this forum earlier and the wealth of information offered by all the sisters here could have helped me had a better journey with IVF/ICSI, probably with success.

I started my IVF/ICSI treatment with Care in March and started Oral Contraceptives on day 3 of menses. My ER was on 19 Apr. As 22 Apr was a public holiday (Good Friday), my ET was on 21 Apr (just 2 days after ER) instead of the usual 3rd day transfer. I transferred 2 embbies. Thou i had my doubts, I was assured that it was ok and was shown the u/s of the 4 cells embbies. Prior to starting the treatment, i did not take any supplements or go for any TCM to tiao my body coz i didn't know and didn't think it was impt since i was paying so much for the procedure so if it was necessary, i would be advised by the clinic, i thought.

Anyway, after the 2ww, my BT was last thur (5 May) which turned out 22.6 for bhcg. According to the clinic, though its considered positive, it was pretty low. Ideally, should be 100 and above. But i was consoled that it might be a late implantation and to remain hopeful. My next BT was on monday (9 May) at 8.30am and i was given a hcg jab. It felt like forever before the clinic called me with the bad news. Everything went down from bhcg to all the other hormones as well. I was told to stop all medication (Baby aspirin, folic acid, utro & crinone), wait for my menses to come and make an appt to see Angela. Angie told me i have to rest for 2 menstrual cycles before going for FET which will roughly be in July. I was devastated! DH was angry! His expectation was probably much higher especially after spending so much.

On monday nite (5 May), i went to the pharmacy to get Blackmores Conceive Well and Blackmores EPO 1000mg. I've been taking them since. My menses came today. It was especially heavy.

I've been thinking, maybe there is something I could have done to help myself and have a higher chance of success. I hope to have a better chance at it again the next time round.

Sisters, please help me. Please advise me on how else i can help myself more. What other supplements i can take to better my chances? I once saw a TCM doc and she told me i got a 'cold womb'. Will acupunture help? Please recommend an Acupunturist to me if you know of one.

Thank you Sisters for reading.

Amelia - hang in there. I am seeing seah aiwei from tmc for acupuncture. started acupuncture only 1 mth before i did ivf.

Hv bee going for jamu massage and the therapist also said I got cold womb. So hv been apply jam oil on tummy everynite and wear socks at nite. Not sure if it helps but nowadays when someone tells me xxxxx method can help increase chance, I will also try. Also hv been drinking brewed chicken soup with lemongrass and Ginger to increase warmth.

There is an excel google spreadsheet on this thread abt things to and I found that helpful. Don't be demoralized. The support group here is very strong and I found that really comforting every time i hv questions or needed guidance.

Whitetiger, may i also ask where is your therapist located and if u can send me the recipe for the brewed chicken soup with lemongrass and Ginger please? Thank you so much. Feeling like there is hope for me again. ;)

Therapist is at rustic nirvana suntect, her name is meili.if u going there, some things got to give u headsup first - their sales ppl quite pushy and prices for package vary quite a bit. Even the jamu oil they sell is exorbitant (got scoldingfromhubby when I told him i bought) I always look for meili as she is experienced in 'pushing the womb'. She told me I got low womb and cold womb. the Ginger lemongrass chicken came from her. I will ask my mil abt the recipe. Anyway, i told the counter staff that I was going for ivf then and asked for an experienced therapist, that's how I got meili. Heard that she is also doing for one of rustic's boss who has same prob as me.

Forgot to add, I went for the jamu massage intensively 1mth before I started ivf program. When I started injections, I stopped going already, but still apply the jamu oil at night.

12bhappy/bb_nn> Good Luck in ur Scan today..Hope everyth turns out well for u...BFP
happy.gif

Queenie> Today is THE BIG day..Remember full bladder ya
happy.gif
Rest well wen u get home n max bed rest..2ww
happy.gif

Me officially start work...very early rite? but wat to do life still goes on n i hv to remain positive
happy.gif

Pink & Summer - thk u. Ive testd at hm ytd but was bfN... So ya... But will still update u gals here yeah.

Bb_nn - Gpod luck to u too!!! Bfp bfp

I didn't do my E2 BT today. I asked since I need to redo again when menses come y I need to poke n pay 2x. They boh bian me said pm then call me when to go down again for another scan n BT. Form didn't even return me! Anyhow Karen said menses coming in 2-3 days time after scanning. She is gd can tell one

Morning!
Woke up way early today bcuz am looking forward to finally embarking on ivf cycle @ kkh. although is only sign consent forms...

12bhappy / bbnn >> gambate! all the best & bb dust to both of you!

Pink > take care and keep in touch k from time to time k?

queenie >> u'd probably at kkh now already waiting for yr et and im gonna pray for u that all will be good. might bump into u there later...

Back