IVF/ICSI Support Group

<font color="0077aa">susan
maybe you can request for early BT, then can save money on hpt le. =) so happy for you.

Mdmkhoo,
most of us got to jab lucrin and puregon at stage 2.
the scans and bloodtest are on done in the morning, and they will give time off chit. so you can request timeoff from boss.

then after ET, you have to go back to work?</font>

Ya... the nurse told me that the doc want fast (Short) one... =_=" when i heard that i shock got fast and slow one...

I having Counseling on Sept and start on Oct... me Q from July... long Q no choice...

Me was a Sub patients from clinic D so not sure which doc I am with... Yet...

<font color="0077aa">MdmKhoo
Short good mah, means dun have to take extra jabs =). Long one must jab for about 21-28days.
I will be signing the ivf forms in sept too. Was told that counselling is optional, so most likely we wont be going =p.
Then we will be cycle buddy. I will start my jabs 2nd week of Oct. How about you?</font>

if im not wrong, the dr who refer you from CLinc D to kkivf, will probably be the dr doing your ER and ET.
For me, lucrin jabs will start on cd21 of my sept af....</font>

if by calculation is in between first and 2nd week of Oct... really is optional? i think u all straight go KKIVF me is refer by clinic D so they need registration etc... but they say during this period of 10 - 14 days... if medication not strong will add that mean u all take two kind separate in 21 - 28 days me have to inject two time one day... ouch...

Ya we can be cycle buddy... who know we can meet in the clinic...hehe... if falls on the same day

ineedmiracle > darling i see different diferent doc every visit lor in clinic D... hehe... but the doc in clinic D asked me do IUI de... is me and DH req IVF...

I took a referal from polyclinic to Clinic D. Then my dr refer me to kkivf once we wanna do it. =)

we will have 14-16 days of Lucrin jabs, then after we will have 7-10 days of puregon+lucrin.
Stimulation jab have to take 2 jabs de...pain hor.. =)

yeah we will cycle together, and mayb can bump into each other. But cos you're on short protocol, so you will er/er much earlier than me. =)</font>

Susan,
congrats!!! see u only needed yr 3 good embbies
happy.gif

that time when i got referral to see Dr Sheila Loh i had to wait 3 mths for the 1st appt leh!!

short cycle is not common.
If I'm not wrong, short cycle means that you need not suppress your hormones. Cos those taking Lucrin, need to suppress the hormones so that it is like menopause state. then stage 2 will stimulate the follicles in us.</font>

susan - Dr loh is the hod I never ask abt dr thong's appt

mdmkhoo - I took 6 course of clomid + 2 so-iui all bfn

I'm seeing dr zou this thurs nite

grumpus - I tried to take appt with Dr Sheila Loh last year, but the nurse got an appt which is 1 to 2 mths away then fix appt already suddenly call me say have to change cos doc got things on, I was so fedup I tell them I call again when I'm free

<font color="0077aa">winnie
you finally booked with dr zou!!
I'm also going to dr zou on thursday but mine is noon appt. but thur, dr huang will be around, so i must remember to tell dr zou i want her poke me...hee...</font>

ineedmiracle > Maybe I react with the drug well during my clomid cycle that y they give me a shorter protocol...

winniepooh > this time ard sure BFP...

Susan > u put 3 embbies?

miracle - after must procastination I finally booked with dr zou after hearing so many bfp news! after going thru so much hor I won't mind accu anymore. just now when I call I specially say I only wan to see dr zou and no one else hahaha

mdmkhoo - I really hope this time can BFP

<font color="0077aa">winnie
true..true.
gone through so much...if accu can help, why not just give it a try right? hee...initially i also reluctant to take her med, but after hearing all bfp, i take the medicine diligently.</font>

Grumpus - thank you... thanks for your encouragement... now i feel more relieve but still need to see the blood test result confirm by dr loh then i think i will be convince.

Hmmm... I book online one walk in patient so maybe faster, Dr loh is RH allocated to me. Think my first appointment is only 1 week wait.

mdmkhoo - all the efforts are worth while... I cried almost every night when I jab, best is plus hubby scold me say i take so long medicine not cold le..

Susan,
wahhh u r very lucky to get Dr Loh just as walk in patient. But i think when u first saw her was when she just joined RH?
my regular gynae is at RH also, so he referred me to see Dr Loh. When his nurse called Dora to arrange appt, that was end of last yr, she told her appt all full until Jan this yr. Had to wait 3 mths lor.

miracle - ya lo.. basically I cried every night, the next day look like panda... the jab is not very painful just that sometime i jab wrongly then i got blue black then not yet recover then when i pinch my tummy is painful. if not is i dare not jab, poke in poke out a few times until i so scared... cried and cried... cos the medicine not cold le get panic...

MdmKhoo,
only govt hospital get Govt grant. Pte hospital dun get the grant so might as well put in 3 embbies right?

ER - Egg Retrieval
ET - Embryo Transfer
BT - Blood Test

grumpus - i got regret before leh when they give me dr loh... i see her like everything also dont let me try, after each failed IUI she ask my hubby eat diff medicine... hubby was very angry, waste money... i see dr thong like better cause she help me do my 3rd IUI procedure. haha... my first appointment at RH is last year april that time still tutu...

mdmkhoo - 1st gov claim is 6k only leh? I never did any claim for my 3 IUI.

Susan > 6K is your own $ in CPF dear... the $3K is Gov Grant for Singaprean to do ACP... Total $9K for the 1st cycle

2nd cycle $5K your own $ in CPF... the $3K is Gov Grant for Singaprean to do ACP... Total $8K for the 2nd cycle

3rd cycle $4K your own $ in CPF... the $3K is Gov Grant for Singaprean to do ACP... Total $7K for the 3rd cycle

Susan,
oh Dr Loh sometimes can be quite conservative lah. But my regular gynae is worse lor, the old fashioned type, everything natural better :p.

But ok lah i like her, can click. Lucky hb and I did our research during our 3 mths wait to see her.
After all our HSG, SA results came out she explain to us IUI and IVF, ask us which one we want. We straight away tell her IVF, dun waste time IUI :p

I'm thinking of going for an accupuncture after hearing many of u ladies got BFP. When is the best time to go since im only in stage 1 now with Micogynon.

grumpus - ya must after some time then like her.. haha... at least she let you choose, she want me to try out IUI first... I tell her IVF she say no leh... IUI cheaper... Faint... phew... what a long running journey since last year...

grumpus - IUI is good for those husband with at least 20 million so sperm, anything less than that dun waste time cos success rate is less than 1%

mdmkhoo - I'm with paragon CARE

susan - my gynae also say the same thing to me! its after the 2nd failure I decided this is it and proceed straight to ivf

Back