IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi nicole G,
no worries.... ur gyane will certainly provide u more info about your condition & advise accordingly.
gyane usually will share as much as they could (in layman terms) to us as long as we asked many appropriate questions. this way we learned too about our conditions in details. so $$ won't be waste lah... take care.

hi oink oink,
your readings shows positively.... babydust to u!!
happy.gif

Thanks ladies...
But I keeps telling myself not to put in high hope, scare the more I hope for good , the worse will turn out in return.... better to prepare myself for the worse ...
I am not sure how many ladies does that? "go temple for ans" but my friends also did that when they go for interview/Bf matters .. ha ha

Hi lenny,

A bit tender breasts and this few days during the night got sort of cramp like menses type.
Is this symptoms of pregnancy or menses coming?
Are you on 2WW also ?

Hi Nicole, this is for you to read.

The hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (better known as hCG) is produced during pregnancy. It is made by cells that form the placenta, which nourishes the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall. Levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and about 12 - 14 days after conception by a urine test. In general the hCG levels will double every 72 hours. The level will reach its peak in the first 8 - 11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy.

Hi lenny,

Pinky Panter is also the same date as us but she also got no symptoms.. so don't worried to much.

My symptoms could be 2 scenario, either menses coming or positive ...

Hi there! I'm a mum to a 3 year old Girl. I have tried to conceive again (for more than a year) but have no luck.

I failed my 1st SO-IUI cycle at KKH which was done recently on 10th March 08. I called up to the clinc on monday when my period came. *Sigh - very sad : ( The nurse actually suggested me to consider for IVF instead. Should i try IUI again or go straight to IVF? (Higher chances) i'm at loss...

Anyone going through IVF @ KKH? I was wondering if anyone of you could give me some advice, suggestions on what the whole process involves and how much I should be willing to fork out (everything included). Are you happy with your treatment at KKH? Currently i'm seeing Dr Tan Heng Hoe at KKH, anyone here comment him?

Just any advice at all will be very very much and gratefully appreciated. = )

Pretyy lady,

I'm now on birth control pill with TMC. My gyne told me tt the ivf procedure will take 2 mths. 1st mth on cd5 start to take BCP for 21days then wait for mense to come, 2nd mth on cd3 can start jab to stimulate egg to grow, then ER then ET. i dun have to go thru Lucrin stage leh, i tot Lucrin stage and BCP have the same purpose which is to regulate mense/hormone?

Hi gals
Would like to ask those after ER, did the doc poke mini-camera thru ur bellybotton to see or use ultrasound instead?

Hi oink,

Yesterday, i felt my nipples abit painful when pressed.. Till now i have no sympton so let i be..I have aldy done my best liao . All Fated 1 or now i simply bo-chup laio... hehehe

Hi All,

Thank you and thank you for all your concern. I am feeling much much better. The tummy not as bloated today. can move around the house , sleep on the side and my body is more stretchable with less pain.

Started with good news today that there are 6 eggs fertislised, out of the 12 mature eggs. Dr Yu did the procedures for me. There was a TV in the room for my HB to see the eggs they are retriving. I wanted tto stay awake to watch it but took less than 1 min.... slept liao

I was told that i have mid risk for OHSS and need to eat 10 egg white/day. 10 eggs white
sad.gif
today have 6 already ....4 more to go...
ET will be on Sat morning......

Hi Babydust2, thanks. dr did mentioned that i'm pregnant but I'm not convinced as I saw in other thread that if HCG doesn't increased double then it is not positive. So far I had blood test on Day 5 from ET and Day 15. Not sure wat's the reading on Day 5 but Day 15 is 239. going for my scan tmrw and hope can see something (praying hard)

Oink Oink, congrats in advance! I was told that HCG via bloodtest is most accurate as urine test may give a false result due to the medication we had. Not sure if that's the same for other protocol.

Lenny/Pinky, i also have not much symptons during my 2ww. Only when go toilet then feel strong pain on the uterus area. hang in there!

oinky ,
Hi.yah I did my hcg urine test at home at day15 (bcs KK tests at day17). bought from watsons...
Paragon may be a bit different in the day HCG bld test is done, so the result will be different as well.
As for your E2 and progesterone results, these are to see if the dose of progesterone/ crinone/ cyclogest or whatever form you are using, is enough or not. The HCG test will only be done after the 2ww.... coming soon, all the very best !
if you cant tahan and want to do the home kit, i suggest not earlier than 2 days before blood test. sometimes if too early, negative may not be true and you'll cry for nothing...
BFP +++++++++++ to you
happy.gif

Hi Kymberly,
Dont worry, I'm sure he's right and you are pregnant indeed. Stay positive, but i understand your cautiousness... Your Day 5 bld test was for progesterone level , so it cannot be compared with the day15 one. Most ppl dont do a repeat specimen, unles like me someting bad happens or just very kanchiong.... ;)
Good luck for your scan today adn keep us updated !! How many embbies you put in? is yours fresh cycle or frozen ?

Lenny, Pinky, Oinky ,
BFP++++++++++ to you all.

Baby123,
Hi,welcome.
I am also with KK IVF , as are many ladies here. I am happy with what i've had altho still wating for success. The process u go through depends on your prior menstrual history. If irregular, ou'll probably have to take contrceptive pills for 3weeks, before starting. IVF process itself involves (in KK) usually Lucrin injections into the tummy, to suppress your natural hormones and ovulation, then afer a few scans, move on to Puregon injections to boost the ovaries to produce many eggs, then ER (egg retrieval)when ur eggs will be collected and then a few days later ET (embryo transfer). Then the worst part is 2WW, where u stay home (if possible) for 2 weeks and do nothing. and wait and wait...

The whole thing usualy takes at least 2 full months, maybe more. Cost wise, again depends on what drugs you need and how much dose is needed to stimulate your ovaries. On average i'd say about 6500 to 9000, some where in between.
Hope that helps you....
BTW, ws your first child naturally conceived or IUI? and what's your age? These arefactors to consider in deciding IUI vs IVF...
Dont give up !

Hi Babydust2,

My period is very regular and my 1st child was naturally conceived. Our diagnosis was unexplained infertility. After going thru so much failure, both of us are emotionally & physically stressful.

Currently, i'm seeing Dr HH Tan at KKH. I'm going to see him again next week to discuss whether i should try SOIUI again or go straight to IVF. Probaly i will try IVF as the chances is much higher.

We even thought of giving up but we know that our 3 yr old girl really want a sibling so we continue to keep trying & hope that miracle happen.

hi babydust2,
Quoted "If irregular, u'll probably have to take contrceptive pills for 3weeks, before starting. IVF process itself "

would like to enquire if mense comes in the 4th week after the pill?? during which, is it that the lucrin jab has started??

Hi Babydust2,
You're right! Cannot use the first blood test as that's for progesterone check :p
Just back from my appointment. I'm blessed with one little angel in me. I transferred 2 embbies cos my ER only managed to get 3 eggs
sad.gif

Thanks for your well wishing!
happy.gif

Hi Baby123,
Like you, I've got a 3 year old son naturally. But my infertility was due to PCOS so have to seek technology help. I also worry about my son being too lonely then I decided to go through this tough road. My advise is don't let time delay your plan, if financially you're ready, just go for it and let fate decide if you're going to have more than one. Good luck!

Hi baby123
I know what u mean when u have to decide if u shld do SO-IUI or IVF. I have been thru 2 PIO (like SO-IUI) but we just didnt do IUI portion as I wanted to try on our own. But both tries didnt work and now Im going to go thru IVF in May. My HB is keen to try IUI but Im not as I dont want another disappointment and having to try all over again. $$ will be another issue toooooo.. as I will have to touch the little that I have saved for IVF. The sad thing is that nothing is guaranteed IVF too...
sad.gif
but if dont try than how?? My HB is fine, good qaulity (certified by doc) the problem is with me.. I nv had my menses since I was young. than went to the gyny when I was 13yrs old and had to go on birth control pills to regulate the menses.... very low estrogen n progestrone hormones in my body....
Im not that keen on IVF too but I feel at least with IVF I will know e quality of my eggs than I will know when to call it quits! If I keep going for PIO than PIO -IUI I will nv know mayb my eggs are so lousy than how?? waste $$ waste time plus Im turning 30 next year! not much time....
Its so sad that in life some ppl get it easy n ppl like some of us have to go thru so much of emotional, physical pain n burn huge holes in our pockets to pay for all this!
sad.gif

But lucky for the invention of IVF that we have this chance to try!!! Lets all be positive and hope, prayer, wish for a lovely bundle of joy to hold eventually................

Have a good weekend all!

Congrats Kimberly...... Im planning to only put in 2 embries and the cost of insurance is lesser but I think we will only make that decision when we know e quality of my eggs when we do ER.

I hope I will be as lucky as u too.. n Im sure the rest of the ladies is hoping n wishing 22222222222...

Oink Oink 3 more dayssssssssssssssssssss... Waiting to here goody news from u..

Pinky Panther & Cheecky Girl u too..

MSFamily, hope ur feeling better today.. Good luck for ET tomorrow n enjoy the 2WW... Please keep me posted ks as I will be doing IVF with Dr Yu too in May...........
happy.gif

Ohh Ladies,
U mentioned eating egg whites.. Can cook or must eat RAW????????? I love egg yokes and also 1/2 boil eggs @ the kopishop/Kiliney or Yakun.. I dont think I can have it RAW man.. Yuck!! Ladies pls let me know if u cook e egg whites??? Sorry very sotong...

ML, 3 more hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! b4 can enjoy weekend!

Prey

Budderball
Have ur AF arrive?
next wk u gg for bldtest & scanning on when?
Hope to hear gd news frm u to the next stage...

MS Family
Gd Luck for ur ET tomolo... keep us update...

Nicloe G
Saw frm the other thread to eat hard boiled egg white.

Oink Oink
Hope to hear gd news frm u... so "kan Jiong" for u....
happy.gif

hihi!
ML bo zhou gang...
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Doc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena </TD><TD>Puregon stage</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>Lucrin stage</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>MSFamily</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>26/03/2008</TD><TD>29/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Noi</TD><TD>Gonal F</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>27/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Oink Oink</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>31/03/2008</TD><TD>Paragon</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheekygal</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>20/03/2008</TD><TD>22/03/2008</TD><TD>08/4/2008</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyChloe</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May/June</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>birth control pills</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinky Panter</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>31/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>pretyy Lady</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Early April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babydust2</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>09/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

MSFamily
all the best for tomorrow!
happy.gif

Nicole
2.5 hrs more to go!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
for eggwhites i take it soft-boil, hard-boil, fried, :p

all the 2ww ladies (oink oink, pinky, lenny)... good luck! hope to hear good news from you all soon

Pretty Lady,
hi. Yah, the menses will come on 4th week of the pills. If I remember correctly, Lucrin started a few days after the menses came. Other ladies, please correct me if i'm wrong....

Kimberly,
Ohhhh that's wonderfl news!!! CONGRATS !!!
Hope to share the experience soon.
happy.gif

Nicole/Penguin,
It's egg whites- NOT raw -risk of Salmonella i think, better have it at least half-boiled. More palletable too. BUT IT'S ONLY FOR OHSS. ie.only to be taken in fresh cycle after the ER time, bcs ovary stimulation makes the body lose a lot of proteins, so this is to replace it. PLEASE dont take throughout or before IVF... no need.
OK, sorry if i caused some confusion....

babydust2
no leh.. need to take during the ovary simulation stage esp when there are many folicles. The protein is used to help you grow the eggs as you will need the additional proteins to form the eggs. You will also need to take it after ER to prevent OHSS too as the protein will prevent the liquid from being secreted into the body.

I took eggwhites during so-iui also as i had too many folicles.

babydust2
Thk ML correct, saw frm other thread to advice us to eat egg white during stimulation period...

ML
Wat's OHSS? Over stimulation? Too Many Eggs?

Oh yah, you are right. Forgot if i took before, but makes sense... better take during stimulation too.

FET no need right ? I'm not taking now. Wasn't asked to...

thanks babydust2.
m puzzled.. if lucrin start few days later (mayb Day 24,25 ...), wonder why nurse in KKHIVF centre told me to collect lucrin medic on Day 15 of taking pill??
m i getting my 1st lucrin jab on this day (i.e Day 15)?

babydust2
ya. FET no need! Lucky man! I scare of eggwhites liaoz..

Zeena
OHSS is ovarian hyper-simulation syndrome. It is when the ovaries are over-simulated and there are a lot of folicles. these folicles will produce liquid/water that will drain into the body causing bloatedness and discomfort. in severe cases, it's life threatening. So usually docs are very cautious abt this. that's was what I was told by the nurse..

Pinky
wanted to check with you. How is the FET process like? So take marvelon for first cycle, start jabs on day 18. then what happens and what jabs are those?

Thanks for the info on egg whites.....
happy.gif
since Will start taking them when I start doing my injections. hehehe
happy.gif

ML, 1.10hrs more to go................ Yippeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy

Nicole
this was what i was told. in addition to the eggwhites, i have to ensure that I have chicken or fish or some form of protein for lunch. eat fruits in between the meals.

ya ya.. can't wait!!! woohoo!!!
happy.gif

Strange for my OHSS - the nurses told to take raw egg white... yes RAW. I tried to bargain to half boiled eggs but was tot to take RAW

Hi gals

Would like to join in this thread.
Just had my eggs extracted yesterday, will be doing FET as Dr says I have risk of having OHSS.
This is sort of my 2nd try. First try have to terminate half way, and switch to IUI coz not enough follicles, but IUI not successful.

Hi Ladies,

Many thanks for replying my questions and the encouragement! = )

Kymberly - This is really tough road for all of us here working very hard toward our "GOAL".

Nicole - Ya...i share the same view with you. I really dont want another disappointment, wasting time &amp; $$$ try all over again. I guess IVF is the last resort after years of exhausting other avenues to trying to have BB.

Let's give each other our support! Good Luck

Thanks for the egg white tips.

I was thinking of adding egg to my beverage every morning. haven't tried tt for donkey yrs.

All the best ladies, whichever stage u r in.

Just want to air my woes.................

There are reasons why I DUN WANT to let any family members/friends/collegues know that i am going for IVF and i am SURE many of you agree....

How do you let "concern" family member knows that we BADLY NEED this privacy ??? Many of time i am sure that they are genuinely concern BUT not everybody....

Nicole/babydust2/baby123, thanks!

looking forward to hear all of you here to share with us your good news too
happy.gif

thank you everyone for hearing me out. me too did not tell anyone except 2 frens whom has been encouraging me (they both just had their 2nd child).

Zeena,
Yeah! finally AF reported today!
Will be going for scanning again next Wed.
What about you. When will you be having your first Puregon jab?

Congrats Kimberly, have a smooth nine months ahead....
happy.gif

MSFamily, All the best &amp; good luck to your ET tomorrow n enjoy the 2WW...Babydust
happy.gif

Hi Ladies
Pinky/Lenny/Nicole/MSFamily/Babydust2/Zeena/Kim
As the day get closer, the mood tense to swing, the mind starts to have wild thot and worries then to increase, althot keeps telling myself to relax not to worried to much but due to last experiences (the day b4 test day my menses came)... so now worried that history may occure... sigh....
sad.gif

3 more daysssssss is so near but yet it seems so far ...... "Going crazy sooooon"

Pinky/lenny - Jia you Jia you and let's "Bingo" together and it will be "San Xi Lin Men"
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi Ladies
May I ask if anyone is seeing Dr Tan Kian Seng for acupunture? I just returned from US to visit my parents here in Sg and thought I would take advantage of the cheaper acupunture here in the meantime. I saw Dr Tan yesterday, he was patient and detailed. However, I am quite suprised he actually felt for my "bone" way down my lower adomenen, in fact, I am pretty sure it was in my "bikini-wax" zone. He said he was trying to find my something bone so he can measure up from there for my ovaries and other things I can't remember what. It made sense, although the "procedure" was rather different from the acupunturist in the States that I saw, I knew the one in States was definately not precise since she never try to locate my ovaries in that detailed manner.
Please advise if you have seen Dr Tan if this is a necessary step he goes through. Although I believe he is very capapble, but I did feel alittle embarassed.

Back