IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, in KKH the blood test is done on trigger shot day. Acceptable level is 4.7 nmol/L. Mine was 5.8 and 5.9 for both cycles.
Thanks for sharing. Mine was 4.1 on trigger day and doctor is a bit cautious because he uses 4.0 as the upper limit. He has asked me to decide whether I want to go ahead with a fresh transfer on day 5 given the research is also quite ambiguous around what the "right" number is.

Thanks for sharing. Mine was 4.1 on trigger day and doctor is a bit cautious because he uses 4.0 as the upper limit. He has asked me to decide whether I want to go ahead with a fresh transfer on day 5 given the research is also quite ambiguous around what the "right" number is.
Hmm…maybe ladies who has a reading close to yours can advise.

You might want to consider changing a TCM. I had a very bad experience with Dr Zuo at AMK and I went only twice and never ever went back again.
Hi all

Yep, I've switched to another tcm since. The experience with Dr Zou wasn't fantastic...and given that it didn't work out well for me, I've done a switch...

Hi all,
I had a chemical pregnancy in sept.. since then I have been bleeding on n off. Today I went back to my IVF doc request for a scan , everything was normal. He started me on progynova for the next transfer. I am greatful for his encouragement n assurance. He keep telling me everything will be fine this time round.
I dun know whether to transfer one or two embryos this time although he suggested 2.
Any advice ? How I can better prepare myself ? I’m taking folic acid, vit d3, sagobion, n prenatal vit.

Hi all,
I had a chemical pregnancy in sept.. since then I have been bleeding on n off. Today I went back to my IVF doc request for a scan , everything was normal. He started me on progynova for the next transfer. I am greatful for his encouragement n assurance. He keep telling me everything will be fine this time round.
I dun know whether to transfer one or two embryos this time although he suggested 2.
Any advice ? How I can better prepare myself ? I’m taking folic acid, vit d3, sagobion, n prenatal vit.
Chemical means ur womb can get implanted but because maybe embryo issue so it didn't develop further.

I would still go for 1 as I dont think I can handle 2.. its really up to individuals comfort level

Thank u for ur input. I got good grade embryos so I’m worried the same thing will happen again if it’s the embryo issues
Having good grade embryos doesn’t mean that chem pregnancy won’t occur. I had that previously too with my good grade embryos. Unfortunately, the grades are just arbitrarily determined and described by embryologists by looking at them. Are the embryos good enough to survive 9 months in the womb and life outside? Nobody knows. Mine wasn’t previously. So I guess one can only pray hard? Afterall if it is embryo issues, the embryos have been formed. There is little you can do.
Good luck!

Having good grade embryos doesn’t mean that chem pregnancy won’t occur. I had that previously too with my good grade embryos. Unfortunately, the grades are just arbitrarily determined and described by embryologists by looking at them. Are the embryos good enough to survive 9 months in the womb and life outside? Nobody knows. Mine wasn’t previously. So I guess one can only pray hard? Afterall if it is embryo issues, the embryos have been formed. There is little you can do.
Good luck!
Thank u. Will pray hard..

I agreed. Thank u for ur encouragement.. my doc mentioned it happen to 20% of all pregnant women be it IVF or natural.
I had read articles on some studies saying chemical pregnancy or early pregnancy loss is a positive predictor of next ivf success. This is compared to women who have bfn after ET. So dont lose hope!

Jiayou and don’t lose hope! Hugs. Believe in yourself and that everything will turn out for the best in the right timing :)

Hello,

I am new here.

After reading the forum and tearing at some parts of it, I want to share a bit of my journey in this.

My husband and I have been trying for a baby since we got married. After one year of trying, we decided to seek medical assistance. My husband is healthy and my womb is healthy.
The doctor suggested that I try the ovulation pills first.

I had three rounds of letrozole and three rounds of clomid. Both pills has gave me side effect every time I have consumed it. Eg. feeling bloated, dizzy and heaty and lethargic. There was one time that I had high fever due to it. It was quite traumatic, especially every time I went back for the blood test, they confirmed the pills worked but at the end of the day, I am still not pregnant.

I felt so lost, negative and lonely. It doesn’t help with the pressure from in law and my own mother (both doesn’t know that I went for medical help) and my friend who got married later than me, who got pregnant on the same night she got married and lamenting on wanting to enjoy couple life first and go on travels and such but now she’s pregnant and “it has changed the course of her life”.

Every month, I felt obsessed and slightly crazy. So many others on the news who gave up on their child, abuse their child, sold their child and kill their child has the rights to be pregnant and a chance to give birth to a child.
“But not me...”
These thoughts“what the F”s and “why”s that ran through every time I failed.
My emotions was all over and it’s funny how I have to even try hard to be happy and positive.

Regardless, I was determined to have at least one child (I wanted 5 when I was younger. The ironic in life. Lol).

I went on to try IUI but also without success.
The following on our second round of IUI, the second scan, I had 10 right size follicles. The doctor raise his concerns and gave me two choice: to go for IVF or drop this cycle as there is a chance of multi births.

“Drop the cycle and wait for months to get an appointment and we don’t even know if it will be successful, seriously?”, went through my mind.

So I dive right into IVF with all the signing of disclaimers, the taking of daily timely jabs and the waiting while feeling perplexed.

Result: Extracted 19 eggs, only 10 fertilised, 5 made it to blastocyst but 4 needed more observation. So I had that mighty one blastocyst for ET (feeling hopeful at that time).
After days and nights of crinone, morning folic acid, restricted diet and exercise; three days before the blood test, I started bleeding. Initially, it was just spotting. Then the night came and it was a full on.

*Explict warning*
I finished peeing and wanted to clean up. I then felt a blob coming out on to the tissue I was using and I stared at it. just casually drop it into the toilet bowl, clean myself up, flushed everything, walked to the sofa and stared into the air.
*End of explict*

“I give up.”

The following day, the embryologist called and informed me that the other 4 did not make it and hence there was no embryo to be freezed.

I know it just wasn’t meant to be. It is just not the time for me.

At present, here I am waiting for my second IVF in probably Jan 2021 and trying for TCM that a friend recommended (Feng Jia Yang @ People’s Park Complex). I just started TCM one week ago so I can’t give any concrete reviews yet but the place seems pretty popular (the crowd).

Conclusion currently: There are always ups and downs in life. Even if it doesn’t happen now, we just have to continue to love ourselves, appreciate our life and continue to try our best. Truth to be told, I felt happier and relieved that my first IVF is over. With the new knowledge I have, I think I will feel better (less tension) on my second IVF and hope for the best.

And one day if I ever have my first child, I would be more financially ready and even more appreciative of everything.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Google and read up how to prepare yourself for IVF as there are alot of things to be done.

I failed my 1st and had to wait for 2 months for the 2nd. Meanwhile while waiting, I did yoga at home, accupunture, accupressure, also did self massage on tummy and on accupressure points, start eating the right food etc. Its was so fulfilling and I feel so ready when my 2nd IVF started.

These little things make up a small percentage increase in chance of success which is what is all IVF patients are looking for, SMALL but yet so importantly precious increment in success, althought might not be guaranteed.

The morale for me is at least if you try hard and did not succeed, at least you know you have tried. Better than going for IVF totally unprepared and leaving things to chances only. It's alot of time, money and effort, and emotionally and mentally draining for each ivf procedure.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Google and read up how to prepare yourself for IVF as there are alot of things to be done.

I failed my 1st and had to wait for 2 months for the 2nd. Meanwhile while waiting, I did yoga at home, accupunture, accupressure, also did self message on tummy and on accupressure points, start eating the right food etc. Its was so fulfilling and I feel so ready when my 2nd IVF started.

These little things make up a small percentage increase in chance of success which is what is all IVF patients are looking for, SMALL but yet so importantly precious increment in success, althought might not be guaranteed.

The morale for me is at least if you try hard and did not succeed, at least you know you have tried. Better than going for IVF totally unprepared and leaving things to chances only. It's alot of time, money and effort, and emotionally and mentally draining for each ivf procedure.

Good luck to everyone!
Have u succeeded already?

Have u succeeded already?
Fortunately I did on this 2nd try. But there still alot of things to worry about, maybe because we are IVF patient and tend to be extra careful. I feel that if it's going to be so hard for the embryo to implant and grow, it's also not going to be easy to keep it growing.

But we just need to keep an open mind and still continue to stay healthy. I only wear those thick socks when I sleep. On a usual basis, wear long pjyamas at home and also bedroom slipper.

Last edited:
Fortunately I did on this 2nd try. But there still alot of things to worry about, maybe because we are IVF patient and tend to be extra careful. I feel that if it's going to be so hard for the embryo to implant and grow, it's also not going to be easy to keep it growing.

But we just need to keep an open mind and still continue to stay healthy. I only wear those thick socks when I sleep. On a usual basis, wear long pjyamas at home and also bedroom slipper.
Congrats! Which tcm acupuncture u went to

I failed my 1st and had to wait for 2 months for the 2nd. Meanwhile while waiting, I did yoga at home, accupunture, accupressure, also did self massage on tummy and on accupressure points, start eating the right food etc. Its was so fulfilling and I feel so ready when my 2nd IVF started.

Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations!!! All the best to you babe!

Do you mind sharing your action plan. its give me some hope to prepare for my next cycle.
Where did you do the acupuncture as well? thank you.

Thank you Dreamscometrue and Raksha.

Honestly, I would'nt recommend my TMC because it's expensive and alot of bad reviews. I only go for the fact that it's near my place and it's better to do something than nothing at all.

For 2nd IVF the change in medication also helps I guess. From puregon (1st IVF) to Gonal F + menpour.

For me some of the important points in ivf are as follows (at least try to do this during start of stimulation to confirmation of pregnancy) :
Drink lots of water especially after ER.
Stop coffee, cold drinks or anything that is harmful.
Wear socks and slippers.
10 mins daily yoga at home, youtube has loads of videos on these.
Eat food that are beneficial for conceiving, go google and try eating a bit of everything and rotate it. I do not believe in spamming on one type of food only, like eating many eggs a day. Avocada is good though but do try a variety.
Of course healthy Daily breakfast.
I also stopped using perfume (during ET procedure no perfume allowed) and only use basic moisturer and make up as they all contain chemical. Use paraben free baby body wash which is advised by my nurse during ER. These get all absorbed into your body!

For ER I rested 2 full day and ET 3 full days. After that don't worry too much and proceed with life as usual and positively. Don't overthink esp during tww. Think so much also have to wait

You would need more rest when you are pregnant and you will refuse alot of healthy food due to food aversion. So try to indulge in those healthy food while trying to get pregnant and taking more rest than needed is not really necessary.

Last edited:

Honestly, I would'nt recommend my TMC because it's expensive and alot of bad reviews. I only go for the fact that it's near my place and it's better to do something than nothing at all.

For 2nd IVF the change in medication also helps I guess. From puregon (1st IVF) to Gonal F + menpour.

For me some of the important points in ivf are as follows (at least try to do this during start of stimulation to confirmation of pregnancy) :
Wear socks and slippers.
Eat food that are beneficial for conceiving, go google and try eating a bit of everything and rotate it. I do not believe in spamming on one type of food only, like eating many eggs a day. Avocada is good though but do try a variety.
I also stopped using perfume (during ET procedure no perfume allowed) and only use basic moisturer and make up as they all contain chemical. Use paraben free baby body wash which is advised by my nurse during ER. These get all absorbed into your body!

For ER I rested 2 full day and ET 3 full days. After that don't worry too much and proceed with life as usual and positively. Don't overthink esp during tww. Think so much also have to wait

You would need more rest when you are pregnant and you will refuse alot of healthy food due to food aversion. So try to indulge in those healthy food while trying to get pregnant and taking more rest than needed is not really necessary.
Thank you for the detailed info & tips Appreciate it very much!

Wear socks and slippers.

Hi dear one more question..were you given puregon & menpour for the 1st round. I was given the same too. the nurse said that I would be given the same for my 2nd round..I find it odd that they continue with the same med. When I asked about Gonal F she said its the same. so confused now

Hi dear one more question..were you given puregon & menpour for the 1st round. I was given the same too. the nurse said that I would be given the same for my 2nd round..I find it odd that they continue with the same med. When I asked about Gonal F she said its the same. so confused now
The nurse is not wrong because both are follicle stimulating hormones, just that gonal f is an alpha and puregon is a beta version. Studies have shown conflicting results in stimulation and pregnancy rates due to the different chemical pathways they act on the body (you can google and read the scientific articles online) so I guess it is up to your doctor on whether he believes that there is a difference in them or not.

Hi all, we are new here and looking for some support.
Do you guys know the waiting time for doing IVF at NUH?

We had two counseling sessions with prof Stephen Chew, got the blood test, semen analysis, HCG test all done.
We are waiting for an email reply from CHR nurses, but we are told that the IVF schedule is extremely full at the moment and we may need to wait until Feb 2021. The more we need to wait, the more depression I will have because I know that I have problems with impatience. :(

If we switch to a private clinic, do you guys have any recommendations? Will the waiting time be shorter?
FYI, we are both foreigners and already desperate enough to pay for the high cost of doing IVF here.

Hi all, we are new here and looking for some support.
Do you guys know the waiting time for doing IVF at NUH?

We had two counseling sessions with prof Stephen Chew, got the blood test, semen analysis, HCG test all done.
We are waiting for an email reply from CHR nurses, but we are told that the IVF schedule is extremely full at the moment and we may need to wait until Feb 2021. The more we need to wait, the more depression I will have because I know that I have problems with impatience. :(

If we switch to a private clinic, do you guys have any recommendations? Will the waiting time be shorter?
FYI, we are both foreigners and already desperate enough to pay for the high cost of doing IVF here.
Hi just my 2 cents worth. If you are not entitled to any govt grant or use of cpf, might as well go pte as the cost likely won't be much diff
Some popular pte fertility doctors are Ann Tan, Roland Chief, SF loh, Tan HH Still have some which I cannot rem off hand

Hi for KKH fresh cycle, can I ask if anyone were prescribed crinone gel at first for 3 days after ER but in the end no ET is performed? My previous scans show I likely might have a polyp but doc did not confirm with me after ER cos she she say she will check on the lining during ER. I thought if got polyp cannot transfer at all then what’s the purpose for giving me crinone in the first place?

Last edited:
Hello,

I am new here.

After reading the forum and tearing at some parts of it, I want to share a bit of my journey in this.

My husband and I have been trying for a baby since we got married. After one year of trying, we decided to seek medical assistance. My husband is healthy and my womb is healthy.
The doctor suggested that I try the ovulation pills first.

I had three rounds of letrozole and three rounds of clomid. Both pills has gave me side effect every time I have consumed it. Eg. feeling bloated, dizzy and heaty and lethargic. There was one time that I had high fever due to it. It was quite traumatic, especially every time I went back for the blood test, they confirmed the pills worked but at the end of the day, I am still not pregnant.

I felt so lost, negative and lonely. It doesn’t help with the pressure from in law and my own mother (both doesn’t know that I went for medical help) and my friend who got married later than me, who got pregnant on the same night she got married and lamenting on wanting to enjoy couple life first and go on travels and such but now she’s pregnant and “it has changed the course of her life”.

Every month, I felt obsessed and slightly crazy. So many others on the news who gave up on their child, abuse their child, sold their child and kill their child has the rights to be pregnant and a chance to give birth to a child.
“But not me...”
These thoughts“what the F”s and “why”s that ran through every time I failed.
My emotions was all over and it’s funny how I have to even try hard to be happy and positive.

Regardless, I was determined to have at least one child (I wanted 5 when I was younger. The ironic in life. Lol).

I went on to try IUI but also without success.
The following on our second round of IUI, the second scan, I had 10 right size follicles. The doctor raise his concerns and gave me two choice: to go for IVF or drop this cycle as there is a chance of multi births.

“Drop the cycle and wait for months to get an appointment and we don’t even know if it will be successful, seriously?”, went through my mind.

So I dive right into IVF with all the signing of disclaimers, the taking of daily timely jabs and the waiting while feeling perplexed.

Result: Extracted 19 eggs, only 10 fertilised, 5 made it to blastocyst but 4 needed more observation. So I had that mighty one blastocyst for ET (feeling hopeful at that time).
After days and nights of crinone, morning folic acid, restricted diet and exercise; three days before the blood test, I started bleeding. Initially, it was just spotting. Then the night came and it was a full on.

*Explict warning*
I finished peeing and wanted to clean up. I then felt a blob coming out on to the tissue I was using and I stared at it. just casually drop it into the toilet bowl, clean myself up, flushed everything, walked to the sofa and stared into the air.
*End of explict*

“I give up.”

The following day, the embryologist called and informed me that the other 4 did not make it and hence there was no embryo to be freezed.

I know it just wasn’t meant to be. It is just not the time for me.

At present, here I am waiting for my second IVF in probably Jan 2021 and trying for TCM that a friend recommended (Feng Jia Yang @ People’s Park Complex). I just started TCM one week ago so I can’t give any concrete reviews yet but the place seems pretty popular (the crowd).

Conclusion currently: There are always ups and downs in life. Even if it doesn’t happen now, we just have to continue to love ourselves, appreciate our life and continue to try our best. Truth to be told, I felt happier and relieved that my first IVF is over. With the new knowledge I have, I think I will feel better (less tension) on my second IVF and hope for the best.

And one day if I ever have my first child, I would be more financially ready and even more appreciative of everything.

Thank you for hearing me out.
You are not alone! Many of us here are like that. I get really mad when I see all that child abuse, babies thrown down the rubbish chute..

My experience with Singapore doctors - too many trial and error, I highly suggest you question the doctor you are seeing - ask about the protocol designed for you, ask why this certain drug, how are the success rates of patients you use this drug on etc. My husband really drilled our previous specialists and they couldn’t answer (senior person with many years of experience apparently). The problem with us Singaporeans, we don’t ask because we think that the doctors should know everything. However, I’ve been reading so many cases in Singapore and my confidence level has actually fallen greatly (except for Dr Tan Heng Hao).

I am currently doing my IVF in the United States (lucky cuz we work here and the difference is huge); everything is explained and justified. My IUI in Singapore gave me headaches that felt like my head will explode (living on the bed with paracetamol daily). I just completed my IVF cycle (2ww) and never felt so energetic. We have 4 grade AA blastocyst and 1 grade BB blastocyst. My doctor focused on quality over quantity - she had me triggered with only 7 potential eggs.

You might want to check out your lifestyle/diet. I believe the changes I took helped me in gaining high quality eggs and improving hubby’s sperm by leaps and bounds. I documented it here:https://eggsofrainbow.wordpress.com/

Last edited:
Hi all, can if check if anyone has been diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma or blood clot? Gynae found a 2cm SCH during my week 7 scan. I was vomiting very badly from week 6 to week 7 but after my week 7 scan I suddenly stopped vomiting. Just spotted some brown discharge just now and having dull cramp on the left. Both heartbeat doing well during week 7 US. Any advice?

Hi all, can if check if anyone has been diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma or blood clot? Gynae found a 2cm SCH during my week 7 scan. I was vomiting very badly from week 6 to week 7 but after my week 7 scan I suddenly stopped vomiting. Just spotted some brown discharge just now and having dull cramp on the left. Both heartbeat doing well during week 7 US. Any advice?
Just do plenty of rest. There is nothing much you can do with the SCH except having it to bleed out or clot absorbed by the body.

Hi! currently I am on letrozole for FET. and I am supposed to start my pill on CD2. Today is CD6 and I realised that I had missed my pills on one of the day. I started on either CD3 or missed my pilled on CD4. anyone has similar encounter? wondering if it will affect the FET :(

Hi, did your wife transferred 2 blasts?

Back