IVF/ICSI Support Group

I see, u did how many cycles with them? No more frozen with them?
1st cycle TMC, no fresh 2 frozen bfn
2nd cycle TFC 1fresh by SF Loh bfn, then ask LC Cheng to do the frozen for me bfn.
3rd cycle TMC no transfer 1 blastocyst but very few icm cells (fetus cells). Lab advise high risk may miscarry. So I left it there for the time being.
4th cycle - kkh 1 fresh bfp but pregnancy location unknown. Left 1 frozen embryo.

Hi @Dreamscometrue I'm now with TMC, under LC Cheng as well. Just to add on the experience with TMC and LC Cheng for yr consideration. LC is a very nice and kind doc, like what muff mentioned. I'm comfortable with him, that's why I'm doing my 3rd cycle with him. 1st fresh cycle we have 3 nice 5day blastocysts, 1 I used during fresh, and 2 later during a frozen cycle last Jul.

For my current cycle, he moderated and added a third medication for injection, after my 2nd scan a few days ago, we compared to the last cycle and noticed that there are now more follicles and developing faster.

Overall my experience with TMC is quite good, waiting time is short (15 mins to 25 mins).. LC's nurse is very responsive over whatsapp and calls, so I just contact her whenever I'm in doubt (he pays for a dedicated phone line for her to talk to patients). I'm going for my retrieval this week, fingers crossed that it'll be smooth and there'll be good and many follicles ready to be harvested.
Which lab are you with? Mount e I guess? Hehe

1st cycle TMC, no fresh 2 frozen bfn
2nd cycle TFC 1fresh by SF Loh bfn, then ask LC Cheng to do the frozen for me bfn.
3rd cycle TMC no transfer 1 blastocyst but very few icm cells (fetus cells). Lab advise high risk may miscarry. So I left it there for the time being.
4th cycle - kkh 1 fresh bfp but pregnancy location unknown. Left 1 frozen embryo.
I see. Think u mentioned u removed a tube before? That was your natural preg?

Think many see her for fertility issues.
I also started seeing her before my this FET cycle... However I feel her treatment seems 1 size fits all kind.
During consultation she also doesn't talk to the patients much, she's either talking to her helpers or making phone calls, maybe because she doesn't charge consultation fees, that's why she doesn't talk to patients much.
Not sure if others have the same encounter with her

Hi @Dreamscometrue I'm now with TMC, under LC Cheng as well. Just to add on the experience with TMC and LC Cheng for yr consideration. LC is a very nice and kind doc, like what muff mentioned. I'm comfortable with him, that's why I'm doing my 3rd cycle with him. 1st fresh cycle we have 3 nice 5day blastocysts, 1 I used during fresh, and 2 later during a frozen cycle last Jul.

For my current cycle, he moderated and added a third medication for injection, after my 2nd scan a few days ago, we compared to the last cycle and noticed that there are now more follicles and developing faster.

Overall my experience with TMC is quite good, waiting time is short (15 mins to 25 mins).. LC's nurse is very responsive over whatsapp and calls, so I just contact her whenever I'm in doubt (he pays for a dedicated phone line for her to talk to patients). I'm going for my retrieval this week, fingers crossed that it'll be smooth and there'll be good and many follicles ready to be harvested.
What medications were u on? What did he add this time? How was the previous 2 cycles?

I also started seeing her before my this FET cycle... However I feel her treatment seems 1 size fits all kind.
During consultation she also doesn't talk to the patients much, she's either talking to her helpers or making phone calls, maybe because she doesn't charge consultation fees, that's why she doesn't talk to patients much.
Dreamscometrue, i also feel that she doesnt say much during my consultation unless i ask questions. Dunno if its just me, coz she seems to be more friendly to some patients and offer advice or encouragement.

Hi hi, I did IUI previously under LC Cheng but was too upset with his nurse's attitude and very long waiting time that I changed doc subsequently. Who's the nurse now? Last time, I always had to wait for at least an hour and endure the nurse's "black face" and it was really so depressing that I ended up crying at the waiting area quite a few times. But I agree Dr Cheng is a very gentle and patient (even to the extend that the nurse spoke to him rudely).

Dreamscometrue, i also feel that she doesnt say much during my consultation unless i ask questions. Dunno if its just me, coz she seems to be more friendly to some patients and offer advice or encouragement.
Ya I think she's more friendly to certain patients.. Maybe they have been seeing her for the longest time already

Hi hi, I did IUI previously under LC Cheng but was too upset with his nurse's attitude and very long waiting time that I changed doc subsequently. Who's the nurse now? Last time, I always had to wait for at least an hour and endure the nurse's "black face" and it was really so depressing that I ended up crying at the waiting area quite a few times. But I agree Dr Cheng is a very gentle and patient (even to the extend that the nurse spoke to him rudely).
When was it? His nurse as of 2015 was still Catherine right?

When was it? His nurse as of 2015 was still Catherine right?
It was in 2013... Really very stressful to have to deal w Catherine. She would not let me know how long is my wait when I asked and there was once I waited from 5pm to 7pm with other patients streaming in and out of Dr Cheng's room! Maybe she just dislike me or I don't know how to get into her good books.

I have recommended Dr Cheng to my friends but warned them of the nurse. If the nurse has changed, I think seeing Dr Cheng will be even better. Haha.

It was in 2013... Really very stressful to have to deal w Catherine. She would not let me know how long is my wait when I asked and there was once I waited from 5pm to 7pm with other patients streaming in and out of Dr Cheng's room! Maybe she just dislike me or I don't know how to get into her good books.

I have recommended Dr Cheng to my friends but warned them of the nurse. If the nurse has changed, I think seeing Dr Cheng will be even better. Haha.
I must say she's a gan cheong spider, very flustered character. Haha quite naggy also and I can see sometimes dr Cheng also cannot tahan her.

I must say she's a gan cheong spider, very flustered character. Haha quite naggy also and I can see sometimes dr Cheng also cannot tahan her.

Haha, kan cheong spider I'm ok leh... But she will black face me when I asked her how long more is the wait... She just told me to wait here and ended up waiting for so long... At least I can go delifrance for a drink mah and not seeing those preggies walk up and down in front of me. And Dr Cheng charges also not cheap... So I feel unjustified I'm paying $ for poor services and I see/contact the nurse more frequent than the doc!

Perhaps it was also the start of my subfertility journey so I was very sensitive then. Small setbacks like I got pcos and failed my first so-iui I will cry very hard already. Subsequently I failed preg tests for 3 occasions of embryo transfers also never cry so hard. Feelings harden as days goes by... But thankfully there are other good ivf docs around so we have more choices :)

Muff, I been reading your story silently. I truly hope that you will get your bundle of joy one day (and soon!). I have a friend who tried ivf for 8 years and she finally conceived at 40. She's my inspiration for her never-die attitude. Jiayou and hope your hcg totally clears soon!

Hi xiaomyang, the nurse is Catherine.. She is quite friendly to me (maybe I know her quite well liao by now). I think sometimes the waiting time is irregular (in my last cycle we did wait up till 1 hour at times). But this time so far, we are usually arranged as the 1st few patients of the day.. LC Cheng used to see normal patients and IVF patients. He doesn't take normal patients now and is only focused on IVF, perhaps that's why lesser patients and shorter waiter time. So sorry to hear about yr unpleasant experience. Hope u are with a better gynae and nurse now! :)

Hi xiaomyang, the nurse is Catherine.. She is quite friendly to me (maybe I know her quite well liao by now). I think sometimes the waiting time is irregular (in my last cycle we did wait up till 1 hour at times). But this time so far, we are usually arranged as the 1st few patients of the day.. LC Cheng used to see normal patients and IVF patients. He doesn't take normal patients now and is only focused on IVF, perhaps that's why lesser patients and shorter waiter time. So sorry to hear about yr unpleasant experience. Hope u are with a better gynae and nurse now! :)
Hehe, ya I've already found my fav gynae who has decent nurses. Thanks. All the best to you in your ttc journey! :)

Haha, kan cheong spider I'm ok leh... But she will black face me when I asked her how long more is the wait... She just told me to wait here and ended up waiting for so long... At least I can go delifrance for a drink mah and not seeing those preggies walk up and down in front of me. And Dr Cheng charges also not cheap... So I feel unjustified I'm paying $ for poor services and I see/contact the nurse more frequent than the doc!

Perhaps it was also the start of my subfertility journey so I was very sensitive then. Small setbacks like I got pcos and failed my first so-iui I will cry very hard already. Subsequently I failed preg tests for 3 occasions of embryo transfers also never cry so hard. Feelings harden as days goes by... But thankfully there are other good ivf docs around so we have more choices :)

Muff, I been reading your story silently. I truly hope that you will get your bundle of joy one day (and soon!). I have a friend who tried ivf for 8 years and she finally conceived at 40. She's my inspiration for her never-die attitude. Jiayou and hope your hcg totally clears soon!
Wow, how many cycles have she done? Steady ... But thanks for your well wishes. God damn hcg appearing at wrong situation. Lol!

Yes I'm with Mount E. I didn't even know there were other options like Novena
Actually LC Cheng is under tmc. You can op for the lab in tfc but I wouldn't recommend ahah. Mount e lab is very good. I saw that u are using saizen. I also added saizen this cycle at kkh. Seems to improve the response! Good luck!

Actually LC Cheng is under tmc. You can op for the lab in tfc but I wouldn't recommend ahah. Mount e lab is very good. I saw that u are using saizen. I also added saizen this cycle at kkh. Seems to improve the response! Good luck!
Oh saizen is good? Not sure if Nuh has this. It improve your response in terms of the egg quality or number of follicles?

JTS. I didn't have a good experience under her too. Maybe we don't have the affinity. What's worst was if she's not available, her assistants will help with the poking but got 1 particular auntie physician, omg....she's damn blur & doesn't seem very confident. Another younger lady with specs she seems more confident. Anyway, Instead of feeling relaxed, I feel really tensed up going for treatment. Worst still, no privacy at all & I was tucked at a tight & crampy corner of the treatment area. That's it. After about 4 sessions or so I switch TCM. I also feel it's like a 1 size fits all treatment which works like a production line. But I have to admit her charges are friendly to the pocket. Haha....maybe coz I've probably seen almost all the famous TCM for infertility so maybe my expectations are a little different I guess.

JTS. I didn't have a good experience under her too. Maybe we don't have the affinity. What's worst was if she's not available, her assistants will help with the poking but got 1 particular auntie physician, omg....she's damn blur & doesn't seem very confident. Another younger lady with specs she seems more confident. Anyway, Instead of feeling relaxed, I feel really tensed up going for treatment. Worst still, no privacy at all & I was tucked at a tight & crampy corner of the treatment area. That's it. After about 4 sessions or so I switch TCM. I also feel it's like a 1 size fits all treatment which works like a production line. But I have to admit her charges are friendly to the pocket. Haha....maybe coz I've probably seen almost all the famous TCM for infertility so maybe my expectations are a little different I guess.
Yup I agree the older lady is abit blur.. Which Tcm are u with now?

Yup I agree the older lady is abit blur.. Which Tcm are u with now?

I switched to Dr Zhao Xu Hong @ Raffles Hospital. Coz I wanted to try a TCM that does post ET acupuncture. Before I saw Dr Zou @ AMK, I was seeing Dr Zhu Ping @ Hua Mei Accupuncture Centre whom works closely with Prof PC Wong at NUH. I like her & the environment too but she only doesn't do post ET acupuncture. I mean she does only on the day right before & right after ET but thereafter she doesn't do it. That's why I switched after abt 1 year+ with her as I wanted to try a different combination. Haha so credits still must be given to her as her treatment might have conditioned my body properly for that 1 year or so & when I switched to Dr zhao finally, she probably fine tune it further.

I switched to Dr Zhao Xu Hong @ Raffles Hospital. Coz I wanted to try a TCM that does post ET acupuncture. Before I saw Dr Zou @ AMK, I was seeing Dr Zhu Ping @ Hua Mei Accupuncture Centre whom works closely with Prof PC Wong at NUH. I like her & the environment too but she only doesn't do post ET acupuncture. I mean she does only on the day right before & right after ET but thereafter she doesn't do it. That's why I switched after abt 1 year+ with her as I wanted to try a different combination. Haha so credits still must be given to her as her treatment might have conditioned my body properly for that 1 year or so & when I switched to Dr zhao finally, she probably fine tune it further.
I see, how's the cost like for the one at raffles and Hua Mei? Do they give any medications? U were on Tcm how Long before u BFP?

I see, how's the cost like for the one at raffles and Hua Mei? Do they give any medications? U were on Tcm how Long before u BFP?

Raffles is acupuncture 95 + consultation 40 per session. But they got a package for ivf patients. $400 for 5 sessions. And u only need to go once a week unless your body condition is otherwise, she may ask u to go back like twice. So it depends. And it excludes medications. But it's not too ex for the med like for my case, maybe 1 week supply at $11.

As for hua mei, it's 58 per session which includes moxibustion. But need to go back twice a week so that adds up to 116 per week if u are diligent. Excludes medications but if there is, range from 95 to 150 depending on the type and whether is 1 week or 2 weeks supply.

Both TCM med are in sachet form. No need to brew!

Haha....hmm I should say I started seeing TCM as long as my ART duration. Maybe 4 years ? In chronological order, I've seen the TCM at Gian Min Medical Centre, then Ban Chooon Chan, then Dr Zhong Xi Ming at Eu Ren Sheng, then Tan Siew Buoy at her NTU clinic, follow by Dr Zhu Ping at Hua Mei, then Dr Zou at AMK, finally BFP under Dr Zhao at RH. TCM is like seeing gyne also. Need to have some comfort level & chemistry. And also trial & error like IVF.

Raffles is acupuncture 95 + consultation 40 per session. But they got a package for ivf patients. $400 for 5 sessions. And u only need to go once a week unless your body condition is otherwise, she may ask u to go back like twice. So it depends. And it excludes medications. But it's not too ex for the med like for my case, maybe 1 week supply at $11.

As for hua mei, it's 58 per session which includes moxibustion. But need to go back twice a week so that adds up to 116 per week if u are diligent. Excludes medications but if there is, range from 95 to 150 depending on the type and whether is 1 week or 2 weeks supply.

Haha....hmm I should say I started seeing TCM as long as my ART duration. Maybe 4 years ? In chronological order, I've seen the TCM at Gian Min Medical Centre, then Ban Chooon Chan, then Dr Zhong Xi Ming at Eu Ren Sheng, then Tan Siew Buoy at her NTU clinic, follow by Dr Zhu Ping at Hua Mei, then Dr Zou at AMK, finally BFP under Dr Zhao at RH. TCM is like seeing gyne also. Need to have some comfort level & chemistry. And also trial & error like IVF.
Wow u really went to a lot.. How Long are u with raffles Tcm? How's the waiting time for raffles and Hua Mei like?

Wow u have really seen many tcm! Are the tcm meds given by the other tcm similar to the ones given by dr zou? I asked dr zou if i can just do accupuncture coz i really hate the meds, and she told me the meds are actually more important than accupuncture. Just wondering if that is what u hear from other tcm too?

Wow u have really seen many tcm! Are the tcm meds given by the other tcm similar to the ones given by dr zou? I asked dr zou if i can just do accupuncture coz i really hate the meds, and she told me the meds are actually more important than accupuncture. Just wondering if that is what u hear from other tcm too?
Actually dr Zou meds are not that bad, I've taken even worse ones from other Tcm. Before dr Zou I was with dr Tan at Clementi, his meds bitter until really can puke. He also said the meds more impt cos the effect of accupunture can only last 2-3 days.. So if purely want acupuncture then need to do 2-3x a week. That's what he said

Wow u really went to a lot.. How Long are u with raffles Tcm? How's the waiting time for raffles and Hua Mei like?

Hahaha maybe I'm impatient la so kinda like TCM hop but as as time goes by, I kinda know what I'm looking for when seeking a TCM to my expectations. I was with raffles for 3 months. Both raffles & hua Mei are by appointment & it's normally punctual so not much of waiting time. And both allow u to book say 3 appointments ahead for your next sessions so save u some hassle as well.

Wow, how many cycles have she done? Steady ... But thanks for your well wishes. God damn hcg appearing at wrong situation. Lol!
I think she did many many stim cycles leh, maybe 8-10? she even took a year off work and went to usa for ivf. Some of her cycles got cancelled cos no matured eggs. All her cycles only yield one or two embryos so she don't have extra for additional FET. She later discovered she got auto immune issues and is one of the first few patients to request for intralipid (soy milk) transfusion in Singapore.... After such a long ordeal, she finally conceived and it's really heartening to see that her years of efforts paid off!
Really an inspiration we can all look up to! Very soon, your HCG will appear at the prefect timing! :)

Hahaha maybe I'm impatient la so kinda like TCM hop but as as time goes by, I kinda know what I'm looking for when seeking a TCM to my expectations. I was with raffles for 3 months. Both raffles & hua Mei are by appointment & it's normally punctual so not much of waiting time. And both allow u to book say 3 appointments ahead for your next sessions so save u some hassle as well.
I see.. You're with prof pc Wong at Nuh too?

I guess the med does differ a little for different TCM. The common thing is that all Chinese med taste horrible esp those own brewed kind. That explains why I dropped ban Choon chan & tan Siew buoy eventually. It's too tedious to brew & having a schedule to consume.

But yeah, mind over body again. Just gobble it down in 1 shot & don't think abt it. I didn't ask the TCMs abt it but if u ask me, I actually believe in accupuncture more hahaha so that said, there were times I do skip drinking the med. but don't follow my foot steps ya. Why I say that is becoz I could feel my body warm up immediately after treatment. And acupuncture helps in blood circulation so I always feel that I'm well circulated after poking hahaha....but eating Chinese med itself takes a long time to see the effect. So maybe that explains why both work hand in hand. Acupuncture plus med.

Actually dr Zou meds are not that bad, I've taken even worse ones from other Tcm. Before dr Zou I was with dr Tan at Clementi, his meds bitter until really can puke. He also said the meds more impt cos the effect of accupunture can only last 2-3 days.. So if purely want acupuncture then need to do 2-3x a week. That's what he said
I see. Dr zou asked me to go accupuncture 2x a week plus take meds. Guess i shd force myself to take the meds.

I guess the med does differ a little for different TCM. The common thing is that all Chinese med taste horrible esp those own brewed kind. That explains why I dropped ban Choon chan & tan Siew buoy eventually. It's too tedious to brew & having a schedule to consume.

But yeah, mind over body again. Just gobble it down in 1 shot & don't think abt it. I didn't ask the TCMs abt it but if u ask me, I actually believe in accupuncture more hahaha so that said, there were times I do skip drinking the med. but don't follow my foot steps ya. Why I say that is becoz I could feel my body warm up immediately after treatment. And acupuncture helps in blood circulation so I always feel that I'm well circulated after poking hahaha....but eating Chinese med itself takes a long time to see the effect. So maybe that explains why both work hand in hand. Acupuncture plus med.
I also skipped the meds alot le! I dont feel anything after taking the meds and accupuncture. But I personally believe in accupuncture more. Yes, mind over body! Will try and force myself to take it.

Oh saizen is good? Not sure if Nuh has this. It improve your response in terms of the egg quality or number of follicles?
I think it depends on the results of ur previous cycles. For me the eggs quite crappy everything with pure FSH jabs. So no choice gotta try something else. Menopur plus saizen

I think she did many many stim cycles leh, maybe 8-10? she even took a year off work and went to usa for ivf. Some of her cycles got cancelled cos no matured eggs. All her cycles only yield one or two embryos so she don't have extra for additional FET. She later discovered she got auto immune issues and is one of the first few patients to request for intralipid (soy milk) transfusion in Singapore.... After such a long ordeal, she finally conceived and it's really heartening to see that her years of efforts paid off!
Really an inspiration we can all look up to! Very soon, your HCG will appear at the prefect timing! :)
Wow. Warrior. I really wanted to try intralipids also. Ahha I told LC I wan to test auto immune and do endo scratch plus try Intra. All gana stopped Ahahha at least thh initiate to do endo scratch for me

I also skipped the meds alot le! I dont feel anything after taking the meds and accupuncture. But I personally believe in accupuncture more. Yes, mind over body! Will try and force myself to take it.

Yeah just focus on your goal & u'll eat/drink or do anything. i gobble the med w my eyes closed, in 1 mouth & I hold my breath. And immediately after I rinse my mouth & eat a small mouthful of sour plums or sweets. If I got grapes or berries I just eat 1 pc of it to rid the aftertaste. U can try it. After a while u will get the hang of it. Jia you!

I see, this round u have how many eggs fertilised compared to last cycles?
I have no issues with number of eggs. Always have numbers but I have issue with fert rate and maturity of eggs. This time I ER 21 eggs but in the end only left 3 embryos. However having said that, the quality of the embryos improved significantly! Me and hubby happy. See the embryos in ET room also smile. Haha try too long is like that, become siao liao.

I have no issues with number of eggs. Always have numbers but I have issue with fert rate and maturity of eggs. This time I ER 21 eggs but in the end only left 3 embryos. However having said that, the quality of the embryos improved significantly! Me and hubby happy. See the embryos in ET room also smile. Haha try too long is like that, become siao liao.
Oh.. So now u have how many frozen? Are they blast?

Oh.. So now u have how many frozen? Are they blast?
No blast. I seldom have blast. Also with just 3 embryos lab usually try not to blast for you in case you lose the remaining one. I've taken q10 before. No use for me in terms of egg health. I think by eating right in spinach, nuts, well balanced protein, mushrooms does help in cycles.

No blast. I seldom have blast. Also with just 3 embryos lab usually try not to blast for you in case you lose the remaining one. I've taken q10 before. No use for me in terms of egg health. I think by eating right in spinach, nuts, well balanced protein, mushrooms does help in cycles.
How the doc managed to stimulate so many follicles for u? Do u have pcos?

Milo I also seen n changed many Tcm previously. Raffles dr zhao, dr zhu Ping, tan Siew buoy Chinatown, dr Seah Ai wei at thomson, dr from ma kuang n dr Zou amk. Haha. It's been a long journey.

How the doc managed to stimulate so many follicles for u? Do u have pcos?
I think I have borderline pcos I guess. Only 1 doc said I have pcos. The rest never mentioned. Plus I don't have pcos symptoms at all. My Amh levels are quite ok. High side. My first cycle LC Cheng decided to use 300iu which is high liao. With my Amh resulted many eggs. Quantity not important. Quality then is important.

Which Tcm did u BFP under?

I give up on Tcm n many supplements. Not to say that Tcm is of no use it did Tiao my body stronger and bowel smoother n i no longer have as painful ulcer. Just that I feel it has nothing to affect the egg quality. So I stopped for more than half yr. Every cycle we have different batch of eggs good and bad ones. We just have to persevere to find that good egg which will surface one day.

Back