IVF/ICSI Support Group

Did u take any HL that time?
I read online some ladies with retroverted uterus may have difficulty locating the fetus and Hb, and can't located until week 9/10.. I hope I'm one of them..

I got 3 days HL but no diff coz that was just before Xmas.
Yeah i heard about that too. But i dun think i have retroverted uterus coz the sac in my first pregnancy was detected easily. No matter what, we can only hope for the best and prepare for the worse. When is your next BT?

I got 3 days HL but no diff coz that was just before Xmas.
Yeah i heard about that too. But i dun think i have retroverted uterus coz the sac in my first pregnancy was detected easily. No matter what, we can only hope for the best and prepare for the worse. When is your next BT?
That time did ur doc monitor your hcg?

That time did ur doc monitor your hcg?

No.
By right, heartbeat should be detected latest by week 7. Dr wished to play safe and scan again in week 8. He did prep me that if by Week 8 still dun detect the heartbeat, the pregnancy was likely not viable. After the scan, he proposed a natural miscarriage without any intervention which i agreed. Just that i did not expect it would end up that bad.

No.
By right, heartbeat should be detected latest by week 7. Dr wished to play safe and scan again in week 8. He did prep me that if by Week 8 still dun detect the heartbeat, the pregnancy was likely not viable. After the scan, he proposed a natural miscarriage without any intervention which i agreed. Just that i did not expect it would end up that bad.
I see, so after stopping all supports, u went back to work as per normal? How did u prepare yourself?

I see, so after stopping all supports, u went back to work as per normal? How did u prepare yourself?

Yeap, went back to office as per normal. Like that won't have time to think about the negative things. In my heart, i already knew this cycle was a gone-case. Had to pick myself up and start again to tiao my body after the MC. I always believe that if we are determine, one day, we will have our bundle of joy. Anyway, i bfp-ed in the cycle after my MC and had given birth already. If it is not a viable pregnancy, cry if you want to, eat whatever you want, just pamper yourself. And if you think you are ready to start the cycle again, go for it. Of course, i hope that a miracle will happen in your case. Jia You.

Yeap, went back to office as per normal. Like that won't have time to think about the negative things. In my heart, i already knew this cycle was a gone-case. Had to pick myself up and start again to tiao my body after the MC. I always believe that if we are determine, one day, we will have our bundle of joy. Anyway, i bfp-ed in the cycle after my MC and had given birth already. If it is not a viable pregnancy, cry if you want to, eat whatever you want, just pamper yourself. And if you think you are ready to start the cycle again, go for it. Of course, i hope that a miracle will happen in your case. Jia You.
We always tell ourselves no point crying.. But I guess it's the normal stages of grieve that we have to go through.. How long did u wait after your MC before u try again? You BFP naturally or via ivf?

We always tell ourselves no point crying.. But I guess it's the normal stages of grieve that we have to go through.. How long did u wait after your MC before u try again? You BFP naturally or via ivf?

I MC-ed in end Dec 14 and the following cycle was in May 15.
BFP-ed via IVF coz "lazy" to try naturally liao.

Just got back from KKH, initially thought already miscarried on Monday (11 April) after getting clots, but my hormone levels went mad.

6 April - 321.5
10 April - 1746
12 April - 1403.8
14 April - 2563.4

Did scans on the 10, 11, April but was diagnosed as having PUL (pregnancy of unknown location). Did another repeat scan today and they finally found what looks like the sac, measuring 1.3cm. I had my right tube removed last year after an ectopic. This time it's at the right side again but at the muscular layer of the uterus, also know as interstitial pregnancy which is considered a type of ectopic pregnancy.

Doctor suggested to take the MTX injection but me and husband want to wait to see if the levels will drop on its own. So I will have to go down for repeat blood test in a few days. However if in the next few days I do feel pain or bleed even more I have to go down immediately to hospital.

Never knew we'd have to go through so much. :(

Yup, 2 kids already.
No i wasn't on any TCM. I was lucky to bfp in my 1st fresh. Subsequently had to try 6 more cycles to have another live birth. It wasn't easy but was worth all the injections and disappointment. So keep your faith, ok?
How old are you already? How long are u on this ivf journey already? I had 2 fresh and 1 FET, already feel very drained

Just got back from KKH, initially thought already miscarried on Monday (11 April) after getting clots, but my hormone levels went mad.

6 April - 321.5
10 April - 1746
12 April - 1403.8
14 April - 2563.4

Did scans on the 10, 11, April but was diagnosed as having PUL (pregnancy of unknown location). Did another repeat scan today and they finally found what looks like the sac, measuring 1.3cm. I had my right tube removed last year after an ectopic. This time it's at the right side again but at the muscular layer of the uterus, also know as interstitial pregnancy which is considered a type of ectopic pregnancy.

Doctor suggested to take the MTX injection but me and husband want to wait to see if the levels will drop on its own. So I will have to go down for repeat blood test in a few days. However if in the next few days I do feel pain or bleed even more I have to go down immediately to hospital.

Oh dear! Stay strong and hope it will be an easy and painless one for you.

How old are you already? How long are u on this ivf journey already? I had 2 fresh and 1 FET, already feel very drained

Old liao. 36 this year. Was on this journey since 2012. I resigned from my job in that year to concentrate on my 1st fresh. Yes, felt very tired but the yearning for a baby girl is more over-whelming.

Yup, 2 kids already.
No i wasn't on any TCM. I was lucky to bfp in my 1st fresh. Subsequently had to try 6 more cycles to have another live birth. It wasn't easy but was worth all the injections and disappointment. So keep your faith, ok?
Wah!! 6 cycles? Meaning fresh cycles right? Or combine with fet? If really 6 fresh then u are really warrior man. I'm also 36. Still in trenches.

Hehe hope so. Today thh told me, u cannot half hearted. I have to believe in it, you as a patient also have to believe in it. Oh my nearly fainted under his charms. No wonder he is so popular. Teeheehee

Believe in what?
If it is about believing that you will eventually have your bundle of joy, i agree! You must believe in yourself that you will succeed! Mental power is important too.

I'm just wondering why kkivf patients are scan by sonographers and the main doc doesn't review the results? The scan results are reviewed by a group of doctors? Then who decide abt the medication dosage?

I'm just wondering why kkivf patients are scan by sonographers and the main doc doesn't review the results? The scan results are reviewed by a group of doctors? Then who decide abt the medication dosage?
I think for a start, the main doc will give a standard "template" to us, patients and after every scan, the doc on duty will monitor the follicles and lining and then decide to follow through. For exceptional cases, he or she will refer back to the main doc for advice.

Actually, if you notice, not difficult to determine to continue with the dosage or to stop mah - even we the patients know, follicle size 16-18mm, lining min 8mm, good to go liao, for retrieval.

6 April - 321.5
10 April - 1746
12 April - 1403.8
14 April - 2563.4

Anyone else had this interstitial/cornual pregnancy?

I think for a start, the main doc will give a standard "template" to us, patients and after every scan, the doc on duty will monitor the follicles and lining and then decide to follow through. For exceptional cases, he or she will refer back to the main doc for advice.

Actually, if you notice, not difficult to determine to continue with the dosage or to stop mah - even we the patients know, follicle size 16-18mm, lining min 8mm, good to go liao, for retrieval.
I mean during the stimulation phase... If not growing well then doc will have to decide to increase dosage or add meds.

I mean during the stimulation phase... If not growing well then doc will have to decide to increase dosage or add meds.

Actually like wat @towkayneo explains, d doc on duty will review and decide on it. Be it growing well or nt growing well, they are all trained to recommend the way forward. Unless it is complicated or if the patient suggest otherwise (me!! Lols), then they will go back to the main doc for advice. So no worries ya?

Actually like wat @towkayneo explains, d doc on duty will review and decide on it. Be it growing well or nt growing well, they are all trained to recommend the way forward. Unless it is complicated or if the patient suggest otherwise (me!! Lols), then they will go back to the main doc for advice. So no worries ya?
How u define complicated? I'm not under kkh.. Just thinking next fresh cycle where should I go

How u define complicated? I'm not under kkh.. Just thinking next fresh cycle where should I go

Oic. I duno what is considered complicated to d docs though, but i'm sure the doc on duty will refer bac to the main dr if they are unsure. No matter wat, d main doc noes d patient best. Which hospital are you under?

Fertile ma. I'm infertile ma jhahah jealous. Joking de la. He is still my 偶像

Muff for my case, he told me he will try for me. If you ask me, he doesnt sound convincing at all. Maybe cos of the miscarriages I had earlier when i conceived naturally.

It has been a roller coaster ride.. First dating scan at week 5, I had 2 sac, 1 with yolk sac, one without.. So was given appt in 2 weeks to scan again.. Few days after the first scan, I suddenly had cramps, woke up went toilet and found blood! So immediately go to hosp.. Bleeding didn't stop for the entire morning.. End up scan shows left 1 sac.. So officially lost one.

Scan again at almost week 7, saw 1 gestational sac but no yolk sac and no heartbeat.. Doesn't look optimistic now.. Back to monitoring HCG levels...

If HCG not rising then might need to terminate it. Doc gave options, 1) natural, 2) V inserts to induce menses, 3) D&C

I'm hoping for a miracle but at the same time preparing for the worst. Anyone has any advise of the pros and cons of D&C vs take meds to induce menses?
So sorry to hear this! Can't give any advice but hope there will be miracle for you! All the best and take care..

Thanks. Actually bt was just now. Happy to report that my bt is coming down to 760 from 2400!!! Next week get poke again.
Muff, happy for u that things are finally getting better. Hope it will be painless and hcg zero soon!!

wa, again he has so many girl fans in this thread too. He's our Bae!
So many of his fans.. Too bad I already switch to my previous gynae (in fact THH asked me to go back too, must be too many wants to see him)..

For my first fresh cycle, the meds was probably too low in the beginning so at first scan, my follicles were not ideal. The doctor on duty recommend to increase the dosage. And it worked.. I'm actually ok for sonographer to do the scan as well cos they do it everyday so many times, should be very experienced in doing it and looking for the follicles.

Those of us with KKIVF will know the large volume of patients they see daily - the crowded reception area, long waiting times. We can see our IVF doctors (particularly the popular THH) running in and out of the clinic to do their procedures, see patients at Clinic D and go for their major surgeries/delivery/c-section elsewhere. Think if they have to do scans and reviews for their IVF patients as well, we'll spend the whole day in the hospital le. This arrangement is more for efficiency, not the best way but guess it's a compromise under these kind of circumstances.

The type of program and dosage is already decided by the main dr when you are referred to KKIVF to start IVF. The group of Drs doing the review are also IVF trained and they also have their own IVF patients (meaning they do IVF procedures as well), just that they are less senior (sorta like the junior employees working their way up to attain senior roles...). So the Drs definitely know what they are doing. Of course some are more conservative, while some are bolder in recommending what to do. As shiro_ger mentioned, they will still ask the main dr for their opinion in difficult cases or if patient suggest something else.

Hi,

I have been a silent reader of this forum ever since we decided to embark on IVF 2 years ago. Am with with THH at KKH.

History of my journey so far:
- 1st fresh cycle in mid 2014. Retrieved 27 eggs. Got 17 successfully fertilized to 2-day embryos. Transferred 2 but BFN. Balance 15 snow babies.

- 1st FET in end 2014. Transfer was aborted as the 5 snow babies defrosted did not make it to blastocyst.

- 2nd FET immediately the next month. Of the 5 defrost, transferred 1 blastocyst and BFP. However, pregnancy was terminated at 14weeks due to multiple organ defects. Basically, baby wouldn't survive outside the womb. Experienced my worse heartache ever and felt like a murderer ever since. The only good outcome of the whole process was that we found out that the defects were not due to abnormal chromosomes. He was a perfectly normal chromosome baby, just unlucky in the process of cell-division. Took 1 yr to recuperate physically and emotionally.

- 3rd FET done recently. Of our last batch of snow babies, only one made it to morula stage on our transfer date. However we just confirmed yest that it is a BFN even though I experienced what I think is implantation spotting few days before blood test. Now waiting for AF to arrive.

Feeling really down right now and needed a place where I can (privately yet) openly express my feelings so thought I post here. Will be seeing THH next week to plan our next fresh cycle.

In the meantime, let's all continue to jiayou and good luck to all the ladies here.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have been a silent reader of this forum ever since we decided to embark on IVF 2 years ago. Am with with THH at KKH.

- 1st fresh cycle in mid 2014. Retrieved 27 eggs. Got 17 successfully fertilized to 2-day embryos. Transferred 2 but BFN. Balance 15 snow babies.

- 1st FET in end 2014. Transfer was aborted as the 5 snow babies defrosted did not make it to blastocyst.

- 2nd FET immediately the next month. Of the 5 defrost, transferred 1 blastocyst and BFP. However, pregnancy was terminated at 14weeks due to multiple organ defects. Basically, baby wouldn't survive outside the womb. Experienced my worse heartache ever and felt like a murderer ever since. The only good outcome of the whole process was that we found out that the defects were not due to abnormal chromosomes. He was a perfectly normal chromosome baby, just unlucky in the process of cell-division. Took 1 yr to recuperate physically and emotionally.

- 3rd FET done recently. Of our last batch of snow babies, only one made it to morula stage on our transfer date. However we just confirmed yest that it is a BFN even though I experienced what I think is implantation spotting few days before blood test. Now waiting for AF to arrive.

Feeling really down right now and needed a place where I can (privately yet) openly express my feelings so thought I post here. Will be seeing THH next week to plan our next fresh cycle.

In the meantime, let's all continue to jiayou and good luck to all the ladies here.
Hi, sorry for your heartaching history. It's always not an easy journey even after we get pregnant. But I see that your fertilization rate is really good so jiayou for your next cycle! This forum has a lot of warriors and I always find comfort here. Good luck for your next discussion with thh!

Hi,

Good thing is you have a good number of embryos. I'm just wondering with the high number, why don't they cultivate all to blast then freeze in the first place?

Back