IVF/ICSI Support Group

wah your HCG went up to 2500? my bleeding now is like AF, with cramping. hope if miscarry will miscarry naturally, don't wish for another ectopic. very strange to have this pregnancy of unknown location/ghost pregnancy. cause by the levels of HCG should be able to see through scan right. i don't know if i want to go for the repeat beta tomorrow.

ya! crazy right? from 580 to 2500. Shocked me and wonder why the jab didnt work. In the end, at the 7th day of the jab it dropped abit. tomorrow beta is too fast. You need to check in 2-3 days later. Even if Ectopic, if the embryo is not huge enough in the tube for example, it will not droop down so scan will not be able to show unless, you have obvious bleeding accumulating. Then the scan will show. I have nothing till date.

I also hope if you are really miscarrying, you will be able to miscarry naturally. The hcg will tell. good luck le!!

ya! crazy right? from 580 to 2500. Shocked me and wonder why the jab didnt work. In the end, at the 7th day of the jab it dropped abit. tomorrow beta is too fast. You need to check in 2-3 days later. Even if Ectopic, if the embryo is not huge enough in the tube for example, it will not droop down so scan will not be able to show unless, you have obvious bleeding accumulating. Then the scan will show. I have nothing till date.

I also hope if you are really miscarrying, you will be able to miscarry naturally. The hcg will tell. good luck le!!

thank you, tomorrow with be 48hours after my beta. i will update again when i know more from the docs later, cramps are intensifying.

hope all goes well for you. we're like in limbo now, neither here nor there. driving me nuts

I also had cramps during the bleed. feels like a miscarriage. I know it is agonizing but its really a waiting game unless you have clear signs on scan. Which you may have better luck!! update us!

Hi girls
Thanks for all your reply!
I don't know what's the size of my eggs. Never ask before

From all the replies
Looks like I just have to keep trying :(

Please don't be discouraged dear! Sorry to all who have to hear the repeat of my story.

I had 14 eggs retrieved but only 1 was fertilized normally. Was so down and worried cos that embryo still has to be frozen cos my progesterone were high and Dr said have to do delayed transfer ie. FET. Dr couldn't tell me what went wrong but a possible explanation could be my severe endo and adenomyosis. I was almost going crazy waiting for the FET and they couldn't tell me if the one and only emrbyo survived the thaw until the day itself. I had to wait at the hospital and thankfully, they told me it survived. This golden embryo.. it not only survived the thaw.. it's 34 weeks old now! :) I'm due in a few more weeks.

So sisters, don't ever give up. You just need one. Just one. Don't be discouraged by numbers. Even if there's only 1, we have to try our best to 'tiao' our body and think positively.

Great to hear your successful story...

I was also instructed by Doctor to delayed transfer in Feb... Going through the crazy period waiting to end my March menses, than April menses for a Blood Test.. than again May menses for the transfer...!
How do you manage to survive the wait... I getting read inpatient about it lo...

I was also instructed by Doctor to delayed transfer in Feb... Going through the crazy period waiting to end my March menses, than April menses for a Blood Test.. than again May menses for the transfer...!
How do you manage to survive the wait... I getting read inpatient about it lo...

hi AAOM, looks like we will be cycle buddies. I've got my Apr menses and waiting for to start my NE medication and then May mensus to be over to start with injections and all the process.
Dont worry, lets wait patiently and get the fruit of our labour.

Hey AAOM, i kind of understand your frustrations on the long wait. I waited for my period to end too before embarking to FET/fresh cycle. Need to have patience here. No choice. Meanwhile, do prepare your body like regular workouts/ healthy balanced diet so that when u do your new cycle. Jiayou!

Mine was a month but yes, it's a mad wait that felt like months. Just try to distract yourself from thinking about it. Try using the time to prepare your body and pamper yourself! :)

hi AAOM, looks like we will be cycle buddies. I've got my Apr menses and waiting for to start my NE medication and then May mensus to be over to start with injections and all the process.
Dont worry, lets wait patiently and get the fruit of our labour.

Yup. I'v got my April Menses on 1/4/2016 and waiting to do a Blood test on D21.
Doctor say the blood test was to determine if i can ovulate properly.
I was complaining to Doctor that is taking too long... but he was telling me that was for the best...

All the best for your injection and procedure... I hope things will be smooth for me so i can really me yr cycle buddy in May...
*pray hard

I also had cramps during the bleed. feels like a miscarriage. I know it is agonizing but its really a waiting game unless you have clear signs on scan. Which you may have better luck!! update us!

Just had a decent sized clot come out after really painful cramps. Mixed with gray like matter, most likely miscarried already.

Just had a decent sized clot come out after really painful cramps. Mixed with gray like matter, most likely miscarried already.
i had some white tissues passed out and clots as well..... but the HCG still went up!!!!

did your scan revealed anything? Hope you are ok! You can PM me to chat if you need to!

Hi sisters, can I check if anyone has taken saizen for low amh before? If yes, did it give you bfp eventually?

Also, is anyone with Virtus or Sincere fertility centres, in particular, Dr Fong Yang? I would like to check on their reviews.

Hi Graceakaclouds,
My friend did IVF with Dr Fong Yang and I did an IUI with him as well. We both had really bad experiences with him unfortunately.
He diagnosed me as having ovarian cysts, which was a shock to me as I had previously done two IUIs with Dr Stephen Chew in NUH, and that was never mentioned. When I saw another DR who was from KKIVF, I asked him if I had the condition, and he was very surprised, replying that no no ovarian cysts at all, just a lot of eggs! Which true enough during my Stimulations and egg retrieval, I did have quite abit of follicles growing and had a sizeable amt collected.
The machinery he has seems abit outdated and the office where he did the IUI was not very clean. They store their food and drinks there as well. His bedside manners was not really good as well.

After the last IUI with dr Fong Yang, my six sense was telling me I cannot continue with him, I felt very uncomfortable. Glad I trusted my instincts, my recent IVF experience in TFC has been a million times better. Better nurses, shorter waiting time, and cheaper too.

However I hope if you went with him, that he made it work for you. My friends story is even worst, but that's for her to say.

Hi Graceakaclouds,
My friend did IVF with Dr Fong Yang and I did an IUI with him as well. We both had really bad experiences with him unfortunately.
He diagnosed me as having ovarian cysts, which was a shock to me as I had previously done two IUIs with Dr Stephen Chew in NUH, and that was never mentioned. When I saw another DR who was from KKIVF, I asked him if I had the condition, and he was very surprised, replying that no no ovarian cysts at all, just a lot of eggs! Which true enough during my Stimulations and egg retrieval, I did have quite abit of follicles growing and had a sizeable amt collected.
The machinery he has seems abit outdated and the office where he did the IUI was not very clean. They store their food and drinks there as well. His bedside manners was not really good as well.

After the last IUI with dr Fong Yang, my six sense was telling me I cannot continue with him, I felt very uncomfortable. Glad I trusted my instincts, my recent IVF experience in TFC has been a million times better. Better nurses, shorter waiting time, and cheaper too.

However I hope if you went with him, that he made it work for you. My friends story is even worst, but that's for her to say.
I really wonder how the doc scan one. From no cyst to cyst. And they can still say it's accurate. Horrible !!

Hi, I would like to ask if any sisters here have encountered dropped estradiol levels (E2) when stimming and still manage to bfp?

I did a BT for E2 on sat (1660), and today fall to 1007. Doc tells me there is a chance that the eggs are not developing properly.

My stim progress for left ovary as follows:

Scan 1 : 10, 6, 4
Scan 2 : 15.5? (1 or 2 follicle), 8.5, 4.0
Scan 3 : 18(1 or 2 follicle?), 11?, 4
Scan 4 : 22? , (16, 13 - 1 or 2 follicle?), 4

Anyone encounter this before??

I really wonder how the doc scan one. From no cyst to cyst. And they can still say it's accurate. Horrible !!
Ya sometimes you dunno who to trust. When I started my first cycle with TFC I was getting very weary with all the different answers. But I'm really happy with my current dr at TFC, Dr Steven Teo.
Very detailed and knowlegable.

Hi, I would like to ask if any sisters here have encountered dropped estradiol levels (E2) when stimming and still manage to bfp?

I did a BT for E2 on sat (1660), and today fall to 1007. Doc tells me there is a chance that the eggs are not developing properly.

My stim progress for left ovary as follows:

Scan 1 : 10, 6, 4
Scan 2 : 15.5? (1 or 2 follicle), 8.5, 4.0
Scan 3 : 18(1 or 2 follicle?), 11?, 4
Scan 4 : 22? , (16, 13 - 1 or 2 follicle?), 4

Anyone encounter this before??

I don't want to just read and leave. But sorry I dn have such experience. Do you have issues with thin lining ?

Ya sometimes you dunno who to trust. When I started my first cycle with TFC I was getting very weary with all the different answers. But I'm really happy with my current dr at TFC, Dr Steven Teo.
Very detailed and knowlegable.

Have you started your cycle with the Dr? Or just consultation so far?

@Lurora thanks for telling me your experience with Dr Fong Yang. It wasn't me who was considering him, it was my gf. I was asking on her behalf.

Hi Graceakaclouds,

Yes started first cycle, extracted 22 eggs, 8 frozen. Have to do a hysteroscopy soon to remove polyp first. Then doing frozen cycle.

I got a gf did her laparoscopy with him when he's still with KKH. Three months later she did her first ivf & got a bfp with him. She find him not bad. All the best on your frozen cycle!

Please don't be discouraged dear! Sorry to all who have to hear the repeat of my story.

I had 14 eggs retrieved but only 1 was fertilized normally. Was so down and worried cos that embryo still has to be frozen cos my progesterone were high and Dr said have to do delayed transfer ie. FET. Dr couldn't tell me what went wrong but a possible explanation could be my severe endo and adenomyosis. I was almost going crazy waiting for the FET and they couldn't tell me if the one and only emrbyo survived the thaw until the day itself. I had to wait at the hospital and thankfully, they told me it survived. This golden embryo.. it not only survived the thaw.. it's 34 weeks old now! :) I'm due in a few more weeks.

So sisters, don't ever give up. You just need one. Just one. Don't be discouraged by numbers. Even if there's only 1, we have to try our best to 'tiao' our body and think positively.
Congrats! Wishing you a smooth delivery in a few weeks time!:)

Hugs to you mrsoxnxo... I am so sorry to hear what u are going through.
I am afraid you may right.. when I miscarriage my 1st pregnancy... I saw a clot with some gray too. When I went down to the 24hrs O&G, I was told that the sac was not seen anymore...

Hey ladies, sorry for the late reply as I’ve been swamped with work & watching kdrama! Haha…ok, here goes for the list of things I did before, during and after 2ww. Infact, till now I’m still drinking home-brewed chicken essence thrice weekly. So I guess I would have ‘killed’ almost hundreds of black chicken & the smell does turn me off now but for the sake of babies, trust me, you would do anything for them.

Before 2ww (about 1-2 mths before cycle starts)
1. RBS cooked with black glutinous rice & 2 egg whites on alternate days as brekkie
2. LRD daily throughout the day as replacement for plain water
3. Black chicken soup on every weekends which I will put either LRD; or huaishan, blackbeans & small handful of wolfberries
4. Long pants & socks when sleeping at night
5. Soak feet in warm water on alternate days
6. No cold/cooling drinks/food
7. Sleep early (normally I’m in bed by 10.30pm or latest 11pm)

Note: No. 4, 6 & 7 I’ve been practicing this ever since I started seeing ttc. So it’s not too much of an issue. And I’ve also been seeing a TCM with consistent acupuncture sessions w/o fail. I also did endo scratch for this cycle 1 cycle prior to FET.

During 2ww
1. Bottled chicken essence daily every morning
2. RBS cooked with black glutinous rice & 2 egg whites daily as part of brekkie/snacks/tea break
3. LRD daily throughout the day as replacement for plain water
4. Black chicken soup with huaishan, blackbeans & small handful of wolfberries which I drink around lunch time
5 Home-made chicken essence on alternate days
6. Long pants & socks at home almost 24/7
7. No cold/cooling drinks/food
8. Watch a lot of Korean romance comedy
9. Stay happy, be a couch potato & sleep early at night
10. I still went back to my TCM (Dr Zhao @ RH) for a few post ET acupuncture sessions
11. I also went to the zsnn at Havelock road to pray instead of the TPY Shuanglin temple. Somehow the ‘switch’ works for me. I prayed the week before ET, after ET and during the 2ww & of coz after getting my results. Am still gg there periodically hoping zsnn will bless our babies with good health.

After 2ww
1. Continued with RBS cooked with black glutinous rice & home-made chicken essence on alternate days
2. Long pants & socks when sleeping at night
3. Still no cold/cooling drinks/food at all
4. Still continued with my sleep early routine

Also, I ended up taking full 2weeks of HL as I did go back to work on the 4th day post ET but the moment I was at office, I felt terrible. I feel very stressed up and unhappy! So I told my boss and I just took leave all the way. Coz my TCM could feel my pulse was weak too and advise me to stay hm and rest. So just exercise your own judgement; trust what’s good for yourself and go with your gut feel.

And TBH, my breakfast/brunch/lunch wasn’t exactly healthy during the 2ww. Coz I try to minimize walking so normally my hubby will da-bao mcdees or those economical beehoon for me with fried stuffs and even kfc porridge for me which I will eat for brunch before he leaves for work. Then in the afternoon when I’m hungry I will drink my chicken soup or eat RBS. Dinner I will have a better diet as my mum will cook.

I did go out the day after ET as I had to celebrate my nephew’s bday and the very next day met up with our frens for coffee that’s all. No hardcore walking or shopping etc. just take it easy.

But for the above menu, do consume knowing your own body's condition. Coz I have cooling body constitution but with those stuffs, I did develop heatiness towards the middle of my 2ww and my TCM ordered me to stop the bottled chicken essence immediately. I also gurgle my throat with salt water 4 times a day to rid the sore throat symptoms as I don't dare to take honey or any forms of medication. I only take safe fruits like apple, coz in one of my failed fresh cycles which resulted in a CP, I remember having kiwi and thereafter having cramps after that. The cramping stopped once I stopped eating it. Then did I realized that kiwi is actually cooling. But I know some sisters swear by kiwi so you really must understand your body and determine what’s suitable for you.

My TCM told me that our overall well-being and body constitution is very important. It’s not just about your womb/uterus we should focus only but your kidney, spleen and I forgot another organ. Coz u need to not only just be able to conceive, but be able to hold the baby inside your body at the end of the day.

And if u have immunity issues like me, do not take immunocal. Coz u need to bring down your immunity and not boost it further with supplements. Same for supplements. Do check with your gyne/doc instead of just consuming it blindly as you won't know if the effects will be detrimental instead.

Lastly, I don't believe in 'last min hug the buddha legs'. Body conditioning takes a while and not overnight after you binge eat and it will improve in a blink of an eyes. Yes, it's yucky to be eating the same old stuffs almost daily but it's really mind over body. Other than luck in this IVF journey, it's really all about perseverance & focus towards that goal.

Think that’s about it. Good luck ladies & to those on the journey here!! Don't stress yourself, stay positive and believe that your babies are coming to u real soon! The law of attraction does work wonders!

P/s: sorry for the super long post. :D
Thanks for sharing! sorry for being a noob, but what is RBS and LRD?

Hugs to you mrsoxnxo... I am so sorry to hear what u are going through.
I am afraid you may right.. when I miscarriage my 1st pregnancy... I saw a clot with some gray too. When I went down to the 24hrs O&G, I was told that the sac was not seen anymore...

Thank you Mrs Chan00... 1st ectopic, 2nd miscarriage. Later have to head down to 24hrs O&G to check if my HCG has decreased. Not sure whether to try another FET after this or to take a break first.

Have a smooth delivery!

Thank you Mrs Chan00... 1st ectopic, 2nd miscarriage. Later have to head down to 24hrs O&G to check if my HCG has decreased. Not sure whether to try another FET after this or to take a break first.
Is better to take a break and Tiao ur body lst before starting another cycle. Give ur body a break n rest, have a mini confinement. No point rushing when the body is not ready. :)

Yes started first cycle, extracted 22 eggs, 8 frozen. Have to do a hysteroscopy soon to remove polyp first. Then doing frozen cycle.

How is the waiting time, do we have to queue to start the cycle or can start immediately after decide? It is done at his TFC clinic right?

For your case cannot do fresh cycle immediately?

Actually I am quite confused, he told me before that if we extract eggs first then do frozen cycle the success rate are higher. But on another consultation he told me otherwise. So far there are also contradictions in other things which he advise us on different visit.

Last edited:
How is the waiting time, do we have to queue to start the cycle or can start immediately after decide? It is done at his TFC clinic right?

For your case cannot do fresh cycle immediately?

Actually I am quite confused, he told me before that if we extract eggs first then do frozen cycle the success rate are higher. But on another consultation he told me otherwise. So far there are also contradictions in other things which he advise us on different visit.

The waiting time is very short in TFC, hubby super pleased with that, usually 10mins. If they know that Dr will be late the nurses will call you and inform you to come down later so you do not have to wait.

Ya I can't do fresh cycle, cos mid-stimulations found a polyp growth that grew from my high estrogen levels. So I have to do a hysteroscopy to remove the polyp this Friday.

Hmm Dr Teo did also assure me that European studies have shown frozen cycle will be better as the lining and hormone levels would be better. Also for me he was worried about OHSS, so he changed my trigger to Lupron instead on HCG. Also because at that time since he found the polyp its was ok to continue with normal dosage and get more eggs.
Not too sure why he would contradict himself, he was very consistent with me. Are you going to see him again? Did he say why you cannot do fresh cycle?

I found that his reasoning is always very clear and systematic. My hubby is super happy with him, he said his fave dr so far.

What do you do during the mini confinement?
I ordered confinement food for 2 weeks, had LDT, some had herbal bath I did not cause I was down with chicken pox at the same time. Most impt have plenty of rest. Keep urself warm, wear socks to slp, wear slippers at home if u want is to prevent ur bare feet from the cool flooring.

The waiting time is very short in TFC, hubby super pleased with that, usually 10mins. If they know that Dr will be late the nurses will call you and inform you to come down later so you do not have to wait.

Ya I can't do fresh cycle, cos mid-stimulations found a polyp growth that grew from my high estrogen levels. So I have to do a hysteroscopy to remove the polyp this Friday.

Hmm Dr Teo did also assure me that European studies have shown frozen cycle will be better as the lining and hormone levels would be better. Also for me he was worried about OHSS, so he changed my trigger to Lupron instead on HCG. Also because at that time since he found the polyp its was ok to continue with normal dosage and get more eggs.
Not too sure why he would contradict himself, he was very consistent with me. Are you going to see him again? Did he say why you cannot do fresh cycle?

I found that his reasoning is always very clear and systematic. My hubby is super happy with him, he said his fave dr so far.

I was his patient in kkh and followed him to private, did IUI in the first instance.

Now my husband has the complication of kidney stones, Dr seem rather inpatient and want us to get started on IVF immediately. He do not recommend IUI because of my husband's very low sperm count. When taking the medicines for kidney stones, my husband had retrograde ejaculation so is unable to proceed with IVF anyway. My husband repeated 3 times to him but he seem unable to register.

The thing is, during my initial visit he told us that the kidney stone medication that my husband is taking will not affect SA (which is why we thought we can proceed) but subsequently he said the medication will affect male hormone levels and subsequently SA. Because of the adverse SA results, he also ordered a testes ultrasound and further blood test for my husband, as he said there might be a chance that a tumor in my husband's brain presses against the part regulating hormones.

we then told him we prefer to wait until my husband's kidney stones are gone and see if his SA is good enough to do IUI. We did not do the filtered blood test for a specific hormone which he recommend to, for identification of the brain tumor as the hormone level was not really that high to warrant attention (which he also agreed).

He did not told me that I cannot do fresh cycle, but he told me that frozen cycle has higher success rate, which was opposite of what clinical success rate showed. On my last visit, he explained to us the procedure of IVF, he mentioned about fresh cycle, so I asked him again about the higher success rate of frozen cycle, but he don't seem to recalled he told me hat before.

I am contemplating staying with him or going back to KKH. I guess the pros of staying will be shorter waiting time. But my husband feels that he is rather impatient and in his words, want to earn our money. So I do not want to stress my husband out also, I will wait until he recovers from his kidney stones.

For my, I just have PCOS and my uterus is facing in the other direction, which previously Dr did not tell me at KKH, but I supposed because he was overwhelmed with the number of cases then. During my previous IUI there are no abnormal growth during simulation, I hope I won't have in future.

For the waiting time I mean like is there any queue to start on IVF like KKH? Not the consultation waiting time.

I was his patient in kkh and followed him to private, did IUI in the first instance.

Now my husband has the complication of kidney stones, Dr seem rather inpatient and want us to get started on IVF immediately. He do not recommend IUI because of my husband's very low sperm count. When taking the medicines for kidney stones, my husband had retrograde ejaculation so is unable to proceed with IVF anyway. My husband repeated 3 times to him but he seem unable to register.

The thing is, during my initial visit he told us that the kidney stone medication that my husband is taking will not affect SA (which is why we thought we can proceed) but subsequently he said the medication will affect male hormone levels and subsequently SA. Because of the adverse SA results, he also ordered a testes ultrasound and further blood test for my husband, as he said there might be a chance that a tumor in my husband's brain presses against the part regulating hormones.

we then told him we prefer to wait until my husband's kidney stones are gone and see if his SA is good enough to do IUI. We did not do the filtered blood test for a specific hormone which he recommend to, for identification of the brain tumor as the hormone level was not really that high to warrant attention (which he also agreed).

He did not told me that I cannot do fresh cycle, but he told me that frozen cycle has higher success rate, which was opposite of what clinical success rate showed. On my last visit, he explained to us the procedure of IVF, he mentioned about fresh cycle, so I asked him again about the higher success rate of frozen cycle, but he don't seem to recalled he told me hat before.

I am contemplating staying with him or going back to KKH. I guess the pros of staying will be shorter waiting time. But my husband feels that he is rather impatient and in his words, want to earn our money. So I do not want to stress my husband out also, I will wait until he recovers from his kidney stones.

For my, I just have PCOS and my uterus is facing in the other direction, which previously Dr did not tell me at KKH, but I supposed because he was overwhelmed with the number of cases then. During my previous IUI there are no abnormal growth during simulation, I hope I won't have in future.

For the waiting time I mean like is there any queue to start on IVF like KKH? Not the consultation waiting time.

Hi red.koi.junie, for TFC there is no queue to start IVF. You can start anytime, one of the perks of going private.

So sorry to hear your unfortunate experience so far. I do see that sometimes he not very good at multi task, so I have to repeat my questions at times. heh. Not too sure about him out to make $, cos when I had to do my hysteroscopy, he asked me if I had insurance and he was totally ok to spend the time to explain to me what I will need to do. He was willing to help me ensure that I can claim through insurance. That showed that he cares and understand cost constraints for us patients.

Yeah I do think your hubby should recover from the kidney stones first. Then perhaps consult him one more time. For fertility its in TFC, for O&G its in his own practice in TMC 4th floor.

Ya Dr Teo is very direct and will say it as it is, I was worried about my embryo grades and I was asking him what is grade 2 etc.. he also just said outright, its not my expertise to comment about the grades but then said that in his opinion its not everything.

I ordered confinement food for 2 weeks, had LDT, some had herbal bath I did not cause I was down with chicken pox at the same time. Most impt have plenty of rest. Keep urself warm, wear socks to slp, wear slippers at home if u want is to prevent ur bare feet from the cool flooring.

Can I know what's LDT? Thanks for the tips. Juggling school and work at the same time, so abit hard to get enough rest.

Hi red.koi.junie, for TFC there is no queue to start IVF. You can start anytime, one of the perks of going private.

So sorry to hear your unfortunate experience so far. I do see that sometimes he not very good at multi task, so I have to repeat my questions at times. heh. Not too sure about him out to make $, cos when I had to do my hysteroscopy, he asked me if I had insurance and he was totally ok to spend the time to explain to me what I will need to do. He was willing to help me ensure that I can claim through insurance. That showed that he cares and understand cost constraints for us patients.

Yeah I do think your hubby should recover from the kidney stones first. Then perhaps consult him one more time. For fertility its in TFC, for O&G its in his own practice in TMC 4th floor.

Ya Dr Teo is very direct and will say it as it is, I was worried about my embryo grades and I was asking him what is grade 2 etc.. he also just said outright, its not my expertise to comment about the grades but then said that in his opinion its not everything.

He also mentioned to me insurance before. But I guess the insurance company will pay on patients' behalf so he still gets the money. I do understand that now he need to sustain his business so I do not blame him. I went to his clinic at TMC, hate the parking.

My husband is thinking of proceeding with IUI one more time then that's it. Anyway for IUI he also quote us a range higher than what we paid in KKH, but can utilize medisave. If we do IVF, I probably need to think further as there will be no government grant. But the waiting time is a killer.

Hi all, my 1st cycle with SGH resulted in etopic :(. I was given an appointment in May to see my doc, by then they would ask me the golden question, "want to try 2nd cycle" I am not sure if i have the physical and mental health to go through another cycle. I get emo when i start thinking of this.... :confused:

Hi all, my 1st cycle with SGH resulted in etopic :(. I was given an appointment in May to see my doc, by then they would ask me the golden question, "want to try 2nd cycle" I am not sure if i have the physical and mental health to go through another cycle. I get emo when i start thinking of this.... :confused:

My first cycle also resulted in an ectopic. Do you still have any frozen? If you do, you can do an FET which usually does not involve any injections, just medication.

Hi, was following your posts. Just to ask a few things:

1) The recent SA was done before your husband started on his medications or have already started? If started, how long was he on the meds before the SA test?

If the SA was done when he's already on meds, then it's not accurate. So it's better to wait until he's done with the meds and have a rest period before doing a repeat SA to get a more accurate picture. Having said that, I remember you writing that your IUI was done 3 years ago. The semen quality can drop with age, so cannot expect the quality now to be same as 3 years ago.

2) Did Dr offer to do a retrograde semen analysis (checking for sperm in the urine)? Of course depending whether the facility offers such test.

3) About fresh transfer vs frozen transfer: what was the reason given for not recommending you to do fresh transfer? Was it because of PCOS?

If it's due to that it's probably because of concerns of OHSS (patients with PCOS tend to get higher number of eggs from stimulation, but it raises the risk of OHSS due to the higher levels of hormones). Doing a fresh transfer may cause a person to get worsening OHSS in the event of pregnancy. There's also a school of thought that frozen transfer is better as the body is not stimulated with injections, so the body is not taxed out by all the meds. The dr will recommend which one to go for in the best medical interest of the patient.

But note that in the event of doing a fresh cycle with a frozen transfer, the frozen transfer is considered as a "separate" cycle. Meaning that usage of medisave/cofund is separate - 1 claim of medisave and fresh cofund for the fresh cycle, and 1 claim of medisave (same limits apply) and thaw cofund for the frozen transfer.

4) To answer your question on IVF queue in KKH, there is a queue. Currently the earliest to start is in July. Some sisters here have suggested that you can get a consultation at KKH (have to choose new dr then) first, at least can book a IVF slot if everything's clear. Can postpone/cancel the month if needed later. Bring all the reports you have done as TMC so that the dr can look through and advise which ones you can skip and which ones you need to repeat.

The briefing for IVF is done usually one month prior to start of IVF.

Hi mrsoxnxo... I feel you. I also same as you 1 miscarriage 1 ectopic. Give yourself a break 1st... try again when u are both physically and emotionally ready. Take good care and nurse yourself back to health.

Back