IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi, I'm worried abt my reduced menstrual flow. In the past, I can change up to 4-5 pads a day for day 1 and day 2 of my AF. Now, only 3 pads for day 1 and 1 for day 2! I'm diagnosed with low Amh.... But should this affect my AF?

Am I normal?
I have low AMH and yes my menses got lesser and lesser. Now it only last 2-3 days. 3rd day is like spotting, wear panty liner also can. Doctor says my womb lining is very thin and my womb is quite small. A sign of menopausing :( maybe you should check with your doctor.

Hi, i having been reading this thread since 2012. Been ttc for past 7years, failed 1iui, 1so-iui, 3 fresh cycle( if plus this round, will be 4fresh), 1fet. Did laposcopy in 2013, manage to conceive naturally, but miscarriage at 20weeks due to water bag burst. I don't know how long more can i persist.

Today is 6days past transfer. I totally have no symptoms at all. Guess i failed again this time. I really don 't understand why me. Being infertile is already hard path for me, having to give birth to stillborn was even more unbearable. At the end of the day, still have to start all over again.

It must be devastating to finally conceive and not having to hold bb in your arm. I failed few cycles too and surprisingly BFP naturally but ended up in miscarriage early pregnancy. Everyone has their own path n destiny and no matter how hard it is we have to move on and stay strong. It's easier said than done but with determination you can do it. 6dpt is still early so U never know til blood test result is here.

There are other option in life be it try another cycle, continue try naturally, adoption or donor egg. Don't close your door to other options. At the end of the day U have your hubby and family to hold on to.

I know someone who has struggled with TTC and did many ivf cycles. One day she was disgnoise with breast cancer and whenever she look back she was full of regret that she didn't live happily and now the only thing she want is just to have her health back. Life...

how U ppl find Dr Tan???
It is by chance that I get to know Dr THH. I was seeing June Tan after my mc and after few cycles of clomid which don't work, She referred me to THH. Personally, I like Dr THH... When I was admitted for ectopic pregnancy, he was on conference leave thus not able to do the surgery for me. He was informed of my situation and talk to the surgeon personally before the operation. After his conference, he also came down to see me. I was very depressed then... He encourage me, told me to give myself some time and to try again when I am ready.

Last edited:
Hi sisters, can I check if anyone has taken saizen for low amh before? If yes, did it give you bfp eventually?

Also, is anyone with Virtus or Sincere fertility centres, in particular, Dr Fong Yang? I would like to check on their reviews.

Good luck.

I had my ER done one wed, back for blood test & fertilisation report on today. Mine ET will be done on Mon using blastocyst.

I think it all depends on your embryo survival rate??? Mine out of 21, 12 good Embryo & 2 under observation. Thus doc suggest blastocyst.

So urs will mostly likely on Wed for blastocyst. If not ET will be on Mon itself.

Thanks Rachel! Shall see what dr suggest on Monday then. All the best for your ET!!

i feel so unlucky. I'm suppose to start my 2nd fresh IVF this week but i kena high fever, sore throat flu. Sigh. I was informed to postpone to next month April. Already suffering becos no baby, now have to postpone and leave with more questions to come.
Why God so unfair. Some women have it so easy to give birth 1,2,3 children. To have even 1 baby is so tough for me. Why God why?
Sorry ladies, venting my frustration over here.[/QUOTE

hi Wanbaby, I totally understand how you feel. I have 5 failed IUI cycle. And there were a few cycles I have to miss as ovalution happened to be on sun or I was sick or my Husband was sick. Is really frustrating.

It is by chance that I get to know Dr THH. I was seeing June Tan after my mc and after few cycles of clomid which don't work, She referred me to THH. Personally, I like Dr THH... When I was admitted for ectopic pregnancy, he was on conference leave thus not able to do the surgery for me. He was informed of my situation and talk to the surgeon personally before the operation. After his conference, he also came down to see me. I was very depressed then... He encourage me, told me to give myself some time and to try again when I am ready.
Yes I find he is a very responsible doc. When I was diagnosed with MC it's a Monday and he doesn't have clinic, I was crying non stop. I walked to clinic D and nurse asked Dr Tan to come over but pre-empt it's going be a Long wait. dr Tan came in less than an HR. He arranged for my surgery the following day... Very hands on!

Oh.. How old then can transfer 3 for day2-3?
I never check with doc or nurse before. I just go with it when they suggested to transfer 3 day-2 embryos for my 2nd cycle. But they did say I qualify becoz of age and having failed previously. That was last year and I was just passed 38 yo bday. But you were allowed the max of 2 blastocysts even for first cycle right, so I'm thinking why wouldn't they let you go for 3 day-2 or 3 embryos if you have had repeated unsuccessful cycles. Good to check with your doc to understand your options.

Thank you.

What I hate is need to fast. Hubby no need to be present for fertilisation report & ET day, FYI.
Hi Rachel, even if it is optional and unless your clinic doesn't allow, I think it is really good for hubby to join in the ET. The embryologist will show the embryos or blastocyst(s) selected for transfer live on the screen before the ET procedure. Also hubby is there to support you through the process, feels like being participative in the process. We find it quite touching as it's like the very first moment of bonding with the lives created from part of each of ourselves.

Yes I find he is a very responsible doc. When I was diagnosed with MC it's a Monday and he doesn't have clinic, I was crying non stop. I walked to clinic D and nurse asked Dr Tan to come over but pre-empt it's going be a Long wait. dr Tan came in less than an HR. He arranged for my surgery the following day... Very hands on!
I did not meet him before hand nor did I do any research on the internet for the doctors in KKH. But, I just hoped to get a good doctor (becos i have seen 2 private gynaes elsewhere) more experienced and saw the list of doctor in KKH and just choose his name. Didnt realise he is so popular and long waiting time to see him. But overall, i find him very truthful and wont hide and also he have interest at heart for his patients as well. There was a time i ask him what if this and that, he replied me even if it happen, what can i do? I do agree that when something happen, we cant change the fact already. He is also very patient in answering the queries and doubts that hubby and me have. Quite funny, sometimes will crack jokes with us maybe trying to relax the mood? Are you his patient as well?

I did not meet him before hand nor did I do any research on the internet for the doctors in KKH. But, I just hoped to get a good doctor (becos i have seen 2 private gynaes elsewhere) more experienced and saw the list of doctor in KKH and just choose his name. Didnt realise he is so popular and long waiting time to see him. But overall, i find him very truthful and wont hide and also he have interest at heart for his patients as well. There was a time i ask him what if this and that, he replied me even if it happen, what can i do? I do agree that when something happen, we cant change the fact already. He is also very patient in answering the queries and doubts that hubby and me have. Quite funny, sometimes will crack jokes with us maybe trying to relax the mood? Are you his patient as well?

Yup I'm already been through 2 fresh with him. Still seeing him now...

This is my first medicated FET. Did 2 fresh cycles and both BFN. I Guess my age doesn't qualify for transferring 3 so 2 is max. Ya and I'll transfer 2 this round if my lining guai guai grow for tmr scan..

To qualify for transfer of 3 U need to be over 37 yrs old and failed one cycle.

Hi Rachel, even if it is optional and unless your clinic doesn't allow, I think it is really good for hubby to join in the ET. The embryologist will show the embryos or blastocyst(s) selected for transfer live on the screen before the ET procedure. Also hubby is there to support you through the process, feels like being participative in the process. We find it quite touching as it's like the very first moment of bonding with the lives created from part of each of ourselves.

Agree, if hubby schedule allows.

Too bad mine can't

I never check with doc or nurse before. I just go with it when they suggested to transfer 3 day-2 embryos for my 2nd cycle. But they did say I qualify becoz of age and having failed previously. That was last year and I was just passed 38 yo bday. But you were allowed the max of 2 blastocysts even for first cycle right, so I'm thinking why wouldn't they let you go for 3 day-2 or 3 embryos if you have had repeated unsuccessful cycles. Good to check with your doc to understand your options.
The nurses told me max only 2 embryos for me but did not say day what embryos. She did say can transfer 3 after certain age but it didn't register in my brain cos I'm still far from that cut off when I first did my ivf

i feel so unlucky. I'm suppose to start my 2nd fresh IVF this week but i kena high fever, sore throat flu. Sigh. I was informed to postpone to next month April. Already suffering becos no baby, now have to postpone and leave with more questions to come.
Why God so unfair. Some women have it so easy to give birth 1,2,3 children. To have even 1 baby is so tough for me. Why God why?
Sorry ladies, venting my frustration over here.

I had the same feeling as u when friends who married later than me got pregnant easily and kept asking when I'm going to be pregnant. Relatives and parents thought we didn't try hard enough. After 2 long yrs of detailed checks, oral method, IUI, TCM and finally after ivf, I conceived with twins and now 4.5 mths pregnant.

I supposed there's more mummies who suffered more than me but my pregnancy was not a smooth journey too. Don't give up dear. The end result will soon be a happy ever after. :)

I had the same feeling as u when friends who married later than me got pregnant easily and kept asking when I'm going to be pregnant. Relatives and parents thought we didn't try hard enough. After 2 long yrs of detailed checks, oral method, IUI, TCM and finally after ivf, I conceived with twins and now 4.5 mths pregnant.

I supposed there's more mummies who suffered more than me but my pregnancy was not a smooth journey too. Don't give up dear. The end result will soon be a happy ever after. :)
Congrats to your twinnies. Stay strong and healthy :)

Same here. Been trying diff ways for gg 2 years. Colleague married 2 mths have already.. :(

Congrats!:)

Hi, I'm worried abt my reduced menstrual flow. In the past, I can change up to 4-5 pads a day for day 1 and day 2 of my AF. Now, only 3 pads for day 1 and 1 for day 2! I'm diagnosed with low Amh.... But should this affect my AF?

Am I normal?
I have low AMH and yes my menses got lesser and lesser. Now it only last 2-3 days. 3rd day is like spotting, wear panty liner also can. Doctor says my womb lining is very thin and my womb is quite small. A sign of menopausing :( maybe you should check with your doctor.

I am in a dilema stage now. Shld i just move on with life or shld i continue this path? Shld i even give up my career? What if i give up my career, and in the end, i still cant conceive? I don't have any more time to waste as i m almost 40. I need money for my livelihood, yet i also have no time to waste. Sorry for being so pessimistic, because all these years, i face failure more than success. 1side of me keeping urging to give up, the other side of me keep urging to persist.
Hi dear, I have been ttc since 2014 and have very low amh hence chance even lower. Doc tell me I am on my way to menopause. I am only 35. I read up and found out even very low amh people has chance to get peggie. I guess we just have to persevere and at the same time be engaged in our own happy activities. I am not sure if you are gg to quit your job, will u feel more stress financially and mentally which will not be good for ttc. I just failed my first fresh cycle. I am sick and tired of leading the preggie lifestyle when I am not even pregnant! I miss my wine and beer!! Now I just tell myself to do whatever I want to, but of course in moderation so not to affect my health, and just let nature take its course. I am scheduled for next cycle in May. Whatever it maybe, I am more prepared now. Have been really depressed lately as told by doctor to cancel the cycle as no follicle growing. But now, I feel much better by focusing my energy on exercise, yoga, work and spending more time with my family and nephew. Don't give up! Jiayou!

Can we have ginger tea during stimm? I got this brand of ginger tea at ntuc.
IMG-20160306-WA0007.jpg

I had my et done on yhe 21st Feb and had 1 early blastocycst and 2 morula transferred. Yest morning I started to have cramp and by evening I started to spot. Had Inj Proluton. Today still spotting a bit. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms. Any one has similar situation and gone on to BFP? My blood test is due tomorrow

I had my et done on yhe 21st Feb and had 1 early blastocycst and 2 morula transferred. Yest morning I started to have cramp and by evening I started to spot. Had Inj Proluton. Today still spotting a bit. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms. Any one has similar situation and gone on to BFP? My blood test is due tomorrow
Cramp is a good fine. Good luck babe!!! Spotting for ivf is common.

Back