IVF/ICSI Support Group

I saw the news too! That's very brave of them but they are rich also so can keep trying for 4 years... But if they can do it, so can we plus we are far off to 50 years... For me I can only try one last round due to financial constraints...

Yes we are far younger! Btw, how many ETs you have gone through? I had my first ER early of Mar, due to the risk of OHSS, have to go for FET in May instead. Let's jiayou together!

Yes we are far younger! Btw, how many ETs you have gone through? I had my first ER early of Mar, due to the risk of OHSS, have to go for FET in May instead. Let's jiayou together!

Hi, think some of the ladies here saw my previous posts before. I'm more of a silent reader here. I have gone through the 2 fresh & 1 FET. I failed my FET last dec so most likely will be doing a fresh one again.

Hi, think some of the ladies here saw my previous posts before. I'm more of a silent reader here. I have gone through the 2 fresh & 1 FET. I failed my FET last dec so most likely will be doing a fresh one again.

Oops, maybe I have read your posts before. No snow embies left? Or fresh one yield higher successful rate?

Hi sister, need ur advice. Today juz went for 2nd scanning n ET going to be next Tue. I m given utrogestan 100mg to be insert 2 capsules 3 times daily. Forgotten to ask what is a right timing for each interval starting tomolo till ET. May I know how u all do tat if working. Need bed rest after insert? N anyone need to start insert now prior to ET day. I m cycling FET embroys into blast n ask me to standby on Sat n Mon. Thanks in advance.
Dear babyS&S,
I wish you all the very best next week!

Oops, maybe I have read your posts before. No snow embies left? Or fresh one yield higher successful rate?

Yah no more snow embies left coz I only managed to freeze 2 out of the 4 during my 2nd fresh. I transferred 2 day 2 embies the last round (my 2nd fresh) which is in 2013. Managed to conceive & my child is already 2 this year. I have low ovarian reserve as I removed part of my left ovary due to endo. I was on the max dosage for my 2nd fresh cycle & only managed to retrieve 5 eggs. I was lucky the last round that 4 out of 5 managed to fertilized. Was hoping to have a sibling for her for my last round of fresh cycle.

Yah no more snow embies left coz I only managed to freeze 2 out of the 4 during my 2nd fresh. I transferred 2 day 2 embies the last round (my 2nd fresh) which is in 2013. Managed to conceive & my child is already 2 this year. I have low ovarian reserve as I removed part of my left ovary due to endo. I was on the max dosage for my 2nd fresh cycle & only managed to retrieve 5 eggs. I was lucky the last round that 4 out of 5 managed to fertilized. Was hoping to have a sibling for her for my last round of fresh cycle.
Great, you were lucky enough to make it during 2nd fresh in 2013! This is going to be baby#2, may I wish you all the best this coming fresh one?

Hi sister, need ur advice. Today juz went for 2nd scanning n ET going to be next Tue. I m given utrogestan 100mg to be insert 2 capsules 3 times daily. Forgotten to ask what is a right timing for each interval starting tomolo till ET. May I know how u all do tat if working. Need bed rest after insert? N anyone need to start insert now prior to ET day. I m cycling FET embroys into blast n ask me to standby on Sat n Mon. Thanks in advance.
Hi babyS&S, the nurse did tell me that if 3 times a day means ideally 8 hrs interval between each time. But +/-1hr difference is ok (ie. 7hrs or 9hrs interval). The best is to be able to lie down for at least 30min for the pill to dissolve & be absorbed. If working, most likely 2 of the 3 times daily you can do at home before and after work. There will be one time in afternoon which you need to do at work hours which is inconvenient to lie down but at least sit and minimise walking if possible and should be fine. If you find that too much leakage or residue after insert, let your clinic know for advice if it's ok or whether you need alternative. All the best for your ET. Jia you!

Great, you were lucky enough to make it during 2nd fresh in 2013! This is going to be baby#2, may I wish you all the best this coming fresh one?

Thank you @jean saw!

Mine is scheduled in June (that's the earliest date at KKH given) but my estimated menses will be ard end June so most likely ET will be in July liao. My hubby will be constantly flying starting in May. But he already told his boss abt our family planning hopefully he can allow him not to fly in these critical months if not I have to postpone it to next year already... Super sian gotta go though the briefing again...

Last edited:
I saw the news too! That's very brave of them but they are rich also so can keep trying for 4 years... But if they can do it, so can we plus we are far off to 50 years... For me I can only try one last round due to financial constraints...
Even if got money, also have to see if our health can take it. After each cycle I literally feel like dying or got older by 10years lol

Thank you @jean saw!

Mine is scheduled in June (that's the earliest date at KKH given) but my estimated menses will be ard end June so most likely ET will be in July liao. My hubby will be constantly flying starting in May. But he already told his boss abt our family planning hopefully he can allow him not to fly in these critical months if not I have to postpone it to next year already... Super sian gotta go though the briefing again...
It's not easy but do stay positive for a good start. This arduous journey definitely needs lots of positive energy! All the best to you!

Thank you @jean saw!

Hi,

You mentioned that earliest appt with KKH is now in June. Did you just make the appt recently? I am going for my 2nd appt next week and was still hoping doc can give green light to do it in May. Colleagues are all planning their leave so hard to deconflict when we can't quite predict when we can start the cycle!

Thank you!! Not sure how it will go.. Today I gana the good nurse! I saw her name tag starts with B then ending with Beh. She took blood for me twice liao. I love her !!! No feeling in and out. Woohoo!
They will call u to update u the results or need to see doc again?

Even if got money, also have to see if our health can take it. After each cycle I literally feel like dying or got older by 10years lol

Yah! I do agree on how the japs affect our health. Really salute those who keep on trying weeks or months after a failed cycle. For me, I need to take a break for months in between before proceeding for the next cycle.

Hi,

You mentioned that earliest appt with KKH is now in June. Did you just make the appt recently? I am going for my 2nd appt next week and was still hoping doc can give green light to do it in May. Colleagues are all planning their leave so hard to deconflict when we can't quite predict when we can start the cycle!

Hi @miloqueen
I did my FET last Dec, failed. My next follow up is on 29 Feb this year after my failed FET. From there the nurse schedule me in June as May is full. I respond quite well from my last fresh cycle (on max dosage) even though I retrieved only 5 eggs. Doc will follow the protocol as 3 years ago. One thing I did on my last cycle is I requested for the hcg japs after my ET instead if the inserts. The doc allowed the japs as I'm at low risk of Ohss. I'm with dr Matthew Lau on my previous cycles. Currently he's on long leave so they assign me to dr Jerry Chan instead.

Hi babyS&S, the nurse did tell me that if 3 times a day means ideally 8 hrs interval between each time. But +/-1hr difference is ok (ie. 7hrs or 9hrs interval). The best is to be able to lie down for at least 30min for the pill to dissolve & be absorbed. If working, most likely 2 of the 3 times daily you can do at home before and after work. There will be one time in afternoon which you need to do at work hours which is inconvenient to lie down but at least sit and minimise walking if possible and should be fine. If you find that too much leakage or residue after insert, let your clinic know for advice if it's ok or whether you need alternative. All the best for your ET. Jia you!
Thanks Dawn BB for ur explanation. Fighting

Yah! I do agree on how the japs affect our health. Really salute those who keep on trying weeks or months after a failed cycle. For me, I need to take a break for months in between before proceeding for the next cycle.
Wah weeks ah? I think I also can't. I think 2-3 is reasonable depending on your health.

Hey babys&s, we are on the same et date! Starting the inserts today.. jus wanted to ask for the info and u begin..

Hi Dawn sis, thank you so much for thr info. Wanted to call clinic to ask liao. Hehe.. wondering if i should continue the red bean soup etc during this wait for et

@babyS&S ... all the best for your coming ET! Jiayou!:)

@muff... wishing u all the best! Stay positive.. Hugs
Thanks! I try but it's so hard ... I have no symptoms of pregnancy at all and beta was so low. If I calculate from ivf calendar today I'm 5 weeks 1 day liao sigh. Hcg should be high high high. I'll update once I see dr tan. I think he went for procedure ~~~ long wait again

Thanks! I try but it's so hard ... I have no symptoms of pregnancy at all and beta was so low. If I calculate from ivf calendar today I'm 5 weeks 1 day liao sigh. Hcg should be high high high. I'll update once I see dr tan. I think he went for procedure ~~~ long wait again
Dear Muff... I know it is hard... just hope for best. Whatever the outcome u already done your best.

Jia you & keep fighting k. Sending lots of positive vibes to you!

Hi Dawn sis, thank you so much for thr info. Wanted to call clinic to ask liao. Hehe.. wondering if i should continue the red bean soup etc during this wait for et
Np :) I'm not a sweet dessert soup person so didn't take red bean soup while I had a variety of high protein & omega rich foods like mixed beans (black, red, kidney beans) or lotus root soup cooked with dried scallop, cuttlefish & pork ribs, eggs, chicken or beef essence, fish, avocadoes, kailan & caixin, broccoli apart from usual prenatal supplements. I think most important is balanced healthy diet, good hydration, nothing too heaty and no cold foods. Light exercise like walking at intervals of stationary activities during the day to keep blood circulating, and adequate restful sleep. All the best! Jia you ya.

Hi Ladies, my HCG is still rising but at 5 weeks pregnancy it is only 400. Dr Tan told me that I am definitely pregnant but it is not going to be viable.

There are only 2 scenarios now - Biochemical or Ectopic. Moving forward, we have decided that after the blood test on this Sat if the levels continue to rise, we will have to start the MX jab to kill the hormones. If it is a chemical pregnancy, then all will be OK after the jab hcg goes back to zero but having said that, even if we do the jab and IF THIS IS AN ECTOPIC, the pregnancy will be killed by the jab and it will start to bleed and I will still have to go for surgery.

But the sucky thing is we cannot tell anything for sure now and even after Sat we will have to monitor closely if we have to jab. Ending the 20mins discussion, he told me that he hopes my HCG drops by itself by Sat... which looking at the graph myself, it is unlikely going to come down. He says the jab will make me stop all pregnancy trying efforts for 3 months which he doesnt wish to see so.

If it drops naturally, he told me I can opt for a fresh cycle or continue with my 1 frozen embryo.

I feel like crap now ladies. I have tried so hard and I have never ever forced any results on myself but I never expected a situation like this today. Thinking back about the bleeding, I really feel I lost the 1 embryo and now this situation. sighs..... life is really mean......... I dont think I am bad person and I strive to be as good as I can be in life as a person, I really dont know why these things keeps happening.

My only concern now is Ectopic as I really dont want to go through that again which unfortunately, we cannot confirm anything.

Hi Ladies, my HCG is still rising but at 5 weeks pregnancy it is only 400. Dr Tan told me that I am definitely pregnant but it is not going to be viable.

There are only 2 scenarios now - Biochemical or Ectopic. Moving forward, we have decided that after the blood test on this Sat if the levels continue to rise, we will have to start the MX jab to kill the hormones. If it is a chemical pregnancy, then all will be OK after the jab hcg goes back to zero but having said that, even if we do the jab and IF THIS IS AN ECTOPIC, the pregnancy will be killed by the jab and it will start to bleed and I will still have to go for surgery.

But the sucky thing is we cannot tell anything for sure now and even after Sat we will have to monitor closely if we have to jab. Ending the 20mins discussion, he told me that he hopes my HCG drops by itself by Sat... which looking at the graph myself, it is unlikely going to come down. He says the jab will make me stop all pregnancy trying efforts for 3 months which he doesnt wish to see so.

If it drops naturally, he told me I can opt for a fresh cycle or continue with my 1 frozen embryo.

I feel like crap now ladies. I have tried so hard and I have never ever forced any results on myself but I never expected a situation like this today. Thinking back about the bleeding, I really feel I lost the 1 embryo and now this situation. sighs..... life is really mean......... I dont think I am bad person and I strive to be as good as I can be in life as a person, I really dont know why these things keeps happening.

My only concern now is Ectopic as I really dont want to go through that again which unfortunately, we cannot confirm anything.
Anyway to confirm? Like a scan or something?

Anyway to confirm? Like a scan or something?

cannot.... U/S scans cannot go up to the tube.... even for SAC, you need to have HCG 1000 and above to be able to see the sac and then check if there is yolk. I am a limbo case now and ticking timebomb if it is an ectopic

cannot.... U/S scans cannot go up to the tube.... even for SAC, you need to have HCG 1000 and above to be able to see the sac and then check if there is yolk. I am a limbo case now and ticking timebomb if it is an ectopic
Oh dear, doesn't sound very good to me. Let's hope the hcg will come down on Sat and hope it's not ectopic.. If it is, the only way to confirm is during surgery is it?

*big hugs* Can't imagine what you are going through. Stay strong.
Seek a second opinion if you have to.
If not, it's ok to cry it out and then later on get up and try again. Jiayou. This is not an easy journey.. but I'm sure you'll muster the strength and will get your little precious one day.

Oh dear, doesn't sound very good to me. Let's hope the hcg will come down on Sat and hope it's not ectopic.. If it is, the only way to confirm is during surgery is it?

Ultrasound at the later part should be able to catch something, like free fluids and all.... so if it is ectopic catch early, do a jab but also will have risk to still remain there and bleed. omg...... misery

Ultrasound at the later part should be able to catch something, like free fluids and all.... so if it is ectopic catch early, do a jab but also will have risk to still remain there and bleed. omg...... misery

Sorry to hear what you haven gone through.
You are one brave woman that I really 佩服.
Hope your hcg will go dwn soon.
God will have his plans for you and save the best for you. I'm sure your dream will fulfilled one day.
Please be strong & don't give up k. A big hug to you!

Muff are U still taking support med? If yes stop all support med so that hormones can be flush out. Etopic usually has high hcg reading right?

Hug hug Muff.
I hope all these will be a full stop soon for you, if this is not going to be a viable pregnancy. It is torturing enough. Take your time to cry it out, hopefully you will feel better at least for now. You are not alone...

Sorry to hear what you haven gone through.
You are one brave woman that I really 佩服.
Hope your hcg will go dwn soon.
God will have his plans for you and save the best for you. I'm sure your dream will fulfilled one day.
Please be strong & don't give up k. A big hug to you!

Thank you so much. This is my 4th cycle liao..... dont know how long can I hold on for. It's tiring haha

Muff are U still taking support med? If yes stop all support med so that hormones can be flush out. Etopic usually has high hcg reading right?

Ive stopped since full bleed already which was Saturday but HCG still continues to rise zzzzz. Ectopic hcgs are low in numbers usually borderline doubling which is what I am having now.

Dear muff... sound very similar to what I have gone through. I really really hope that it is not for you. Stay strong.. Praying hard for u. *Hugs Hugs*

Oh dear! *Hugz* I cannot imagine the mental torture you are going through.
You want to seek a second opinion instead? I'll pray that it's not ectopic coz the surgery is really no joke.

Back