IVF/ICSI Support Group

Me too! U doing it with which dr? Fresh?
Me too.....will have to induce menses so that can cycle in Sept. If this cycle success...baby same bday month or even can be same bday as hubby. Wat better gift right. But it's gods will. Just praying hard.

Is that the no. Of follicles? I get the impression it's the size of follicles, meaning 1 on right 4mm maybe and the other 3mm but with question mark. My first fresh. Any sisters with KKH who have been through this can cfm?

@dramaqueenie, from what i recalled, d numbers tt are read out is d size of d follicles. But as this is d baseline scan, i tink no need to worry too much. About the "question mark" statement i ever asked d sonographer. She said question mark coz its abit blur and fuzzy so size is estimated. In my last cycle, i started off abt 5 follicles with 1 ? at baseline scan, but i went on to retrieve 22 at ER. So dun worry. If you want to be sure, call kkivf to ask during off peak, they'll be able to confirm no of follicles detected. Hope this helps.

Im collecting my jab on mon. My first cycle. Can anyone share with me how many days to i have to jab myself?
Hihi, it's my 1st cycle too. How many days we have to jab - will have to depends on the regime. For me, currently I have to jab till D9 as i will have scan on that day. But on some days it's 2 jabs a day...

Wow, looks like a whole lot of benefits. Where do u do ur acupuncture?
I went Dr Zou @amk, additionally, I found an apps called Practo or online Practo.com have listed all TCMs and Clinics in Singapore/other countries,
Can view their clinic photos, years of experiences of each Sinseh, their services, opening hrs and contact no. Hope u can find one nearest to ur hse/workplace.

The doctor has asked for my wife to do the HCG blood test mid-week (2 week from ET). As we are both very anxious of the results, is it recommended to do a home-based urine test prior? Would there be a high chance that the urine test is negative since the 2 weeks is not up yet?

The doctor has asked for my wife to do the HCG blood test mid-week (2 week from ET). As we are both very anxious of the results, is it recommended to do a home-based urine test prior? Would there be a high chance that the urine test is negative since the 2 weeks is not up yet?

How many days past transfer are you? If it is 13dp2dt urine test should be quite accurate. However blood test is the most accurate. There are cases when urine test negative but blood test positive.

My
How many days past transfer are you? If it is 13dp2dt urine test should be quite accurate. However blood test is the most accurate. There are cases when urine test negative but blood test positive.

My apologies but what ia 13dp2dt? Her FET was on Tuesday afternoon and was asked to do the blood test this coming Wednesday

Hi all, I'm a newbie. We're TTC for our #2 for 5 yrs but no success. This year we decided to consult Dr to find out why we couldn't conceive. My hubby went for SA and diagnosed with 'oligoasthenoteratozoospermia'. I dont fully understand what it means. I just knw it means very poor SA results.. we're referred to KKIVF for IVF/ICSI treatment. is there anyone here with the same case as ours?

Hi all, I'm a newbie. We're TTC for our #2 for 5 yrs but no success. This year we decided to consult Dr to find out why we couldn't conceive. My hubby went for SA and diagnosed with 'oligoasthenoteratozoospermia'. I dont fully understand what it means. I just knw it means very poor SA results.. we're referred to KKIVF for IVF/ICSI treatment. is there anyone here with the same case as ours?
Me. But e fact is you can have #1 means the soldier is still a good 1. They only need 1 good sperm for icsi to make it happen
Jia you!

hi

does adenomyoma reduce during pregnancy?
I had adenomyosis in 2012 after lap for dermoid cyst. Cud not conceive as hubby soldiers had issue as well. Adenomyosis worsen over time. I succeeded in 2nd n 3rd in ivf fresh but miscarried at 6 weeks both. Doctor said adenomyosis makes ttc difficult as well as difficult to sustain pregnancy. But there are sisters who successfully conceived and delivered 2 kids with adeno. So have hope pray and keep trying. All the best

I'm similar case as u. #1 natural but now got secondary infertility... hb sperm is poor although I dunno what the term u quoted means. I'm with nuh ivf

Me. But e fact is you can have #1 means the soldier is still a good 1. They only need 1 good sperm for icsi to make it happen
Jia you!

My #1 is going to 7 yrs old. I wish i could give him a sibling. I cry everytime i think that i may not be able to give him a sibling.. and he started asking also

My hubby have done 1st & 2nd semen freezing and was told have to do 3rd freezing next week. I am now worried that his soldiers cannot even make it to start the treatment. Any recommended supplements for him to take?

My hubby also has oligoteratozoospermia...think poor morph m count. But his condition improved after taking himalaya brand spemen. Singapore don't have. I buy from city square in Jb. 3 to 4 tablets a day. He is non smoker. But count and morph did improve and we managed to have embryos for transfer. He also took lots of almonds and pistachio and milk. My friend who ttc for 7 yrs recommended this to me. Her hubby had issues and after taking this they have 2 kids natural.

Last edited:
My hubby also has oligoteratozoospermia...think poor morph m count. But his condition improved after taking himalaya brand spemen. Singapore don't have. I buy from city square in Jb. 3 to 4 tablets a day. He is non smoker. But count and morph did improve and we managed to have embryos for transfer. He also took lots of almonds and pistachio and milk. My friend who ttc for 7 yrs recommended this to me. Her hubby had issues and after taking this they have 2 kids natural.

My hb is a smoker and he dislike nuts & milk. Haaaiz...

@connie_hopeful @mesara @chloe_ng did ur hubbies need to go for several semen freezing too b4 can proceed to icsi?
Hi ,my hubby has freeze 2 vials of semen samples but during icsi thry didnt use it. So no worry ok. My hub is diagnosed with poorer sa than yr hub.though it means the soliders are extremly little,the clinic will still be able to find fresh samples to be injected to yr eggs. E fact is you have a no 1 and its naturally means yr hub soldier should be healthy soldiers. E frozen samples are just backups normally its not open as fresh they just need 1 fresh n good 1 to make it happen.

Freezing is just a safety precaution for kkh, as their standard protocol for men with less than expected qty of sperms before they allow u to proceed to icsi.

For supplement ,i am not in a position to advise as so fair my icsi results are very bad.

Think u need to encourage him to quit smoking for better results.
How old are you now

Last edited:
Hi ,my hubby has freeze 2 vials of semen samples but during icsi thry didnt use it. So no worry ok. My hub is diagnosed with poorer sa than yr hub.though it means the soliders are extremly little,the clinic will still be able to find fresh samples to be injected to yr eggs. E fact is you have a no 1 and its naturally means yr hub soldier should be healthy soldiers. E frozen samples are just backups normally its not open as fresh they just need 1 fresh n good 1 to make it happen.

Freezing is just a safety precaution for kkh, as their standard protocol for men with less than expected qty of sperms before they allow u to proceed to icsi.

For supplement ,i am not in a position to advise as so fair my icsi results are very bad.

Think u need to encourage him to quit smoking for better results.
How old are you now

Tnx @connie_hopeful Im 32 now. Really worried that no fertilization will occur due to his poor semen. You're right, I have to encourage him to quit smoking. Will try harder, he's not easy to persuade. Very stubborn/strong-willed guy, not even his mother can ask him to.

Tnx @connie_hopeful Im 32 now. Really worried that no fertilization will occur due to his poor semen. You're right, I have to encourage him to quit smoking. Will try harder, he's not easy to persuade. Very stubborn/strong-willed guy, not even his mother can ask him to.
Hi morning,no worry ok as worry doesnt help e hormones. I ever read in e internet that male factor is seen on day 3 to 6 after ET, fertilisation energy on day 1 to 3 after ET is mostly dependent on women's eggs.

Younger eggs normally have a greater chance to combat male sa issues compared to older egg. You are 32 still consider not young or old age. So go for it to try and jiayou.

Use e new paternity package of 2 weeks now to persuade yr ang.

Stay happy n jiayou

Hi morning,no worry ok as worry doesnt help e hormones. I ever read in e internet that male factor is seen on day 3 to 6 after ET, fertilisation energy on day 1 to 3 after ET is mostly dependent on women's eggs.

Younger eggs normally have a greater chance to combat male sa issues compared to older egg. You are 32 still consider not young or old age. So go for it to try and jiayou.

Use e new paternity package of 2 weeks now to persuade yr ang.

Stay happy n jiayou

tnx @mesara @chloe_ng @connie_hopeful , I'm quite relieved now. cant use the paternity package to persuade him (he's a self-employed). Hopefully after this 3rd freezing we can proceed to briefing & counselling. the nurse told me if the 3rd sample is still insufficient, will have to see Dr and review our case.

Haiz sonographer discovered a cyst and asked me to do a blood test.. Urgent case so now im waiting in kkh for the result.. Doc say need the result to determine if i can go ahead with the cycle.. So many obstacles to cross..

Haiz sonographer discovered a cyst and asked me to do a blood test.. Urgent case so now im waiting in kkh for the result.. Doc say need the result to determine if i can go ahead with the cycle.. So many obstacles to cross..
I did 2 ivfs with cyst. Small ones normally shud be ok some mite be due to stim meds. All will be well and don't worry. Will cycle and bfp soon.

My pte gynae discovered a ovarian cyst (less than 2cm) just before my ivf cycle. He told me no-go.
But ivf doctors scanned & said ok proceed.
Bfp so cyst didn't affect. After bfp, cyst even disappeared.
May not be as bad as u expect. Keep calm!

thanks everyone for the encouragement.. Doc has cleared my results and given the go ahead for the cycle. Had my first jab or orgulatran.. Having it for three days and starting gonal f on Thursday.. Worried on the side effects now.. Im such a worrier.. *deep breath

thanks everyone for the encouragement.. Doc has cleared my results and given the go ahead for the cycle. Had my first jab or orgulatran.. Having it for three days and starting gonal f on Thursday.. Worried on the side effects now.. Im such a worrier.. *deep breath

Are you with KKH dear. I had the same protocol as you. Started with Orgalutran for 3 days then Gonal-F and Saizen from day 4 onwards. Tdy is my 3rd day with Orgalutran. So far so good. Had mild backaches first 2 days, not sure if that's a side effects. I do however had backaches occasionally.

Are you with KKH dear. I had the same protocol as you. Started with Orgalutran for 3 days then Gonal-F and Saizen from day 4 onwards. Tdy is my 3rd day with Orgalutran. So far so good. Had mild backaches first 2 days, not sure if that's a side effects. I do however had backaches occasionally.
@dramaqueenie ya im with kkh.. How come gonal f and saizen? So far my med given are til this sunday which is gonal f.. When are u gg back for second scan?

Back