IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi, may i know if anyone is under Dr Jerry Chan from KKH for IVF before ?? As I signed up for IVF via gov subsidy path, will I be able to select a preferred doctor? Or doc will be fix? Thank you!

Thanks towkayneo for answering my doubts. I feel uncomfortable not seeing him before even though I have just started the injections. Hope I will be in good hands...

Don't worry - you won't be seeing him your appointed doc that often during the cycle...it's usually the sonographer who scans you, the resident doctor who determines whether you can go for the next stage....
but why not comfortable?

Don't worry - you won't be seeing him your appointed doc that often during the cycle...it's usually the sonographer who scans you, the resident doctor who determines whether you can go for the next stage....
but why not comfortable?

Thanks for the assurance... since the start of diagnosis at KKH early this year till now, I was assigned under 'dr jerry'. however, i have never seen him before. I met different doctors (resident doc) for every reviews. This makes me feel that he didn't personally review my case and I proceeded with IVF without discussion with him, so it's kind of uncomfortable in a way.. hope you understand what i mean... I guess ladies who underwent gov subsidy route are same case as me. so i think i shouldn't worry too much. :)

Thanks for the assurance... since the start of diagnosis at KKH early this year till now, I was assigned under 'dr jerry'. however, i have never seen him before. I met different doctors (resident doc) for every reviews. This makes me feel that he didn't personally review my case and I proceeded with IVF without discussion with him, so it's kind of uncomfortable in a way.. hope you understand what i mean... I guess ladies who underwent gov subsidy route are same case as me. so i think i shouldn't worry too much. :)
I understand, like wondering if they know exactly what is going on and perhaps you may need to explain the whole situation every single time you see a diff doc. I am under private, and my doc, Tan HH had to flip my thick files to have a recap on my history and he was not around during embryo transfer, somebody else did the transfer :p
I guess don't worry too much and just chiong! Most importantly is, at the end of day, must go home with a healthy baby :)

I understand, like wondering if they know exactly what is going on and perhaps you may need to explain the whole situation every single time you see a diff doc. I am under private, and my doc, Tan HH had to flip my thick files to have a recap on my history and he was not around during embryo transfer, somebody else did the transfer :p
I guess don't worry too much and just chiong! Most importantly is, at the end of day, must go home with a healthy baby :)

Thanks towkayneo for the encouragement! Feel much better after knowing this!!! ;)

thanks everyone for the encouragement.. Doc has cleared my results and given the go ahead for the cycle. Had my first jab or orgulatran.. Having it for three days and starting gonal f on Thursday.. Worried on the side effects now.. Im such a worrier.. *deep breath
Hi, I was like you, initially, very worried abt the side effects.. So keep looking out for any body discomfort. But, I guess that would make us even more tense. And my tcm told me that it's normal to hv some side effects as it means that our body is reacting to the medication. So, just try to relax.

tnx @mesara @chloe_ng @connie_hopeful , I'm quite relieved now. cant use the paternity package to persuade him (he's a self-employed). Hopefully after this 3rd freezing we can proceed to briefing & counselling. the nurse told me if the 3rd sample is still insufficient, will have to see Dr and review our case.
No worry too much. As long as he has 50 soldiers. It will be ok to procceed with icsi. Sometimes e kkh ususally like to play safe to freeze

Reactions: GBU
My pte gynae discovered a ovarian cyst (less than 2cm) just before my ivf cycle. He told me no-go.
But ivf doctors scanned & said ok proceed.
Bfp so cyst didn't affect. After bfp, cyst even disappeared.
May not be as bad as u expect. Keep calm!

It is true that after BFP, the cyst will disappear. However, once you gave birth, or in the unlucky case that you miscarried the baby or the embryo, it will recur again. That is my case.

I think your assigned or requested Dr will be with you for ER and ET, as well as any consultations needed. Scans and follicle assessment will be by duty doctor. This is regardless of grants used as it's Kkivf SOP it seems. Good in the sense it's efficient. I asked the nurse before, they handle up to 200 ivf cases every month in Kkh!

Hi whiterabbit, me too! But I paid to see Dr Matthew Lau. Unfortunately, get to see him once and then was told my case was referred to Dr Jerry Chan. Never seen him before and did post some queries here on how he fares. There's 1 comment which came in as 'just trust your doc' :(
Many others was words of encouragement though.. I do not know what type of protocol I was being place and just had to go with the flow. No chance at q&a and feeling quite hopeless (feel like pay thousands for nothing much except Google or read up forum)

Cheers! You are not alone

Hi whiterabbit, me too! But I paid to see Dr Matthew Lau. Unfortunately, get to see him once and then was told my case was referred to Dr Jerry Chan. Never seen him before and did post some queries here on how he fares. There's 1 comment which came in as 'just trust your doc' :(
Many others was words of encouragement though.. I do not know what type of protocol I was being place and just had to go with the flow. No chance at q&a and feeling quite hopeless (feel like pay thousands for nothing much except Google or read up forum)

I am under Dr Jerry from beginning until now. True that i dont really get to see him all the time. The only time i saw him was during ER and ET and the first failed fresh cycle. Even this time i want to start FET, and made appt to see him, only end up to see another doctor. However, the doctor i saw still went to discuss with him on my next step. So eventually he still looks at my file i guess.

But i think is a norm when seeing doctors at clinic D. Everytime have to repeat to each different doctor.

Hi whiterabbits, I'm doing my ivf at Kkh too. I think I'm under a mixed plan. I've been seeing the same doctor throughout and I'm also under govt subsidy for ivf.
When I first approached Kkh, the nurse asked which doctor I wanted to see. So I believe its possible if you want to select a doctor.

dearestmom, Matthew Lau already left..i heard? His cases would be taken over by a Dr Tan (Not Tan HH)..u did not get to see Jerry Chan at all?

thanks everyone for the encouragement.. Doc has cleared my results and given the go ahead for the cycle. Had my first jab or orgulatran.. Having it for three days and starting gonal f on Thursday.. Worried on the side effects now.. Im such a worrier.. *deep breath

Don't worry and think too much. Just go with the flow. Must be relax! :) And be positive.

my cyst seems to be with me throughout pregnancy :p thought that it has gone away after given birth, but hey, did a scan 2 months back, it's still there :p lucky cyst? :p

That one is called cyster. Lol. I get so irritated with the cysts that I call them cyster. Because they keep appearing in my life. *roar*

And since I have both endometriosis and adenomyosis, I call them the sisters. Unfortunately, since it's fated, I just have to look at everything with humour to get me going.

I think your assigned or requested Dr will be with you for ER and ET, as well as any consultations needed. Scans and follicle assessment will be by duty doctor. This is regardless of grants used as it's Kkivf SOP it seems. Good in the sense it's efficient. I asked the nurse before, they handle up to 200 ivf cases every month in Kkh!

thanks char-mee for the information :) Now i understand why there were many ladies waiting for scanning during my 1st visit!

I am under Dr Jerry from beginning until now. True that i dont really get to see him all the time. The only time i saw him was during ER and ET and the first failed fresh cycle. Even this time i want to start FET, and made appt to see him, only end up to see another doctor. However, the doctor i saw still went to discuss with him on my next step. So eventually he still looks at my file i guess.

But i think is a norm when seeing doctors at clinic D. Everytime have to repeat to each different doctor.

thanks whmc for your information! hope this upcomping FET will be successful for you :)

Hi whiterabbits, I'm doing my ivf at Kkh too. I think I'm under a mixed plan. I've been seeing the same doctor throughout and I'm also under govt subsidy for ivf.
When I first approached Kkh, the nurse asked which doctor I wanted to see. So I believe its possible if you want to select a doctor.

thanks sueism! i will try asking the nurse if it's possible to select a doc tmr when i go for my 2nd scan. :)

Today is my D9 scan. Leading follicles is 12 & lining is 6. Being told to eat more protein rich food like egg whites & meat. Have been eating 1 or 2 egg white daily since last wk. Sianz is my reading bad?

Today is my D9 scan. Leading follicles is 12 & lining is 6. Being told to eat more protein rich food like egg whites & meat. Have been eating 1 or 2 egg white daily since last wk. Sianz is my reading bad?
Hi Cheryl, D9 means 9 days of STIM? Or it include the first few days of orgalutran ?

That one is called cyster. Lol. I get so irritated with the cysts that I call them cyster. Because they keep appearing in my life. *roar*

And since I have both endometriosis and adenomyosis, I call them the sisters. Unfortunately, since it's fated, I just have to look at everything with humour to get me going.
swee! cyster! hahaha...u r so humorous! your eggs sure have the funny genes in them :)

Today is D11 first scan, lining @8mm, gg for FET next tues.. Prescribe Progestrone inserts, I asked for another type, got tube one looks scary n more ex 2-3x so stick back to the inserts, need to lie down for at least 30mins but the tube type can immediately walk ard n seems the med liquid kind can penetrate deeper

Hi All,

Me: PCOS, Thalaessmia
Hubby: Thalaessmia

Just about to start my journey to ivf...
Went to KKH to see the fertility doctor (1st Appointment) and was told to do some scan, blood test on my next mense in early sept. Hubby was also tasked to test on his Sperm count.. Was tasked to go back End Sept to see the doctor to review on the result... It Seems like a long journey to do before i get to meet my IVF doctor...

I'm kind of concern on all the result (Although i have yet to done any yet).. There was so many what if in my mind... What if we have more problem than what we think..? Im also afriad that result will reflect bad on my hubby and it will hurt his pride... Any advise how do you face the suitation with your hubby if result end up bad? For you/ your hubby...

Anyone here on Cetrotide and Menopur?

My lower abdomen is a little cramp like menstrual cramp after injecting Cetrotide this morning. I don't remember feeling like this in my previous cycle. Anyone experienced the same thing? Is it normal?

Back