IVF/ICSI Support Group

I will be 35 this year. I have problem with egg maturation. So if I am doing the 3rd fresh will have to ask doc what jab I can be given to improve quality and maybe push my follicles a little further before the hcg jab. My follicles Prob need to grow until quite big then will mature.

Maybe I should try do qigong.. My friend say there are people who did qigong and fibroids and breast lumps disappeared.

Have u tot of removing the fibroids? I have a friend who removed n managed to conceive naturally after trying for many years

For myself I have egg quality problem and had one failed frrsh n onr failed ivf and Dr Loh suggests the next round jab growth hormones to improve quality
Maybe u can ask your doc abt that

Which Dr u seeing?
My 2nd fresh I had extra menopur jan which helps to increase the growth of follicles. I have heard some sisters here mention about saizen which can help in quality. Are u referring to this? I think I will ask my doc about this.

My doc is Dr Tan HH in kk. Regarding my fibroids, I actually had them removed in 2013 before starting ivf last year. But it has since grown back again. And fibroids actually feed on progesterone to grow. So I suspect the amt of progesterone I had after ET till the short pregnant period do help fibroids to grow.

Wah if I remove again, means I will be out minimally for 6 mths. Just hope they don't grow so fast.

Hi all, Happy Lunar New Year for those celebrating! I need to ask if im gonna do a fresh cycle this year, do i still need to go through the registration and briefing again? I know i will need to go through the series of bloodtest and this will be prolly $200plus. Then wat abt the registration fee and the briefing, do i still need to go through it? Pardon me because the last cycle was in year 2012, even that was a frozen cycle, thus i had since forget the procedures for the fresh cycle.. TIA!

My 2nd fresh I had extra menopur jan which helps to increase the growth of follicles. I have heard some sisters here mention about saizen which can help in quality. Are u referring to this? I think I will ask my doc about this.

My doc is Dr Tan HH in kk. Regarding my fibroids, I actually had them removed in 2013 before starting ivf last year. But it has since grown back again. And fibroids actually feed on progesterone to grow. So I suspect the amt of progesterone I had after ET till the short pregnant period do help fibroids to grow.

Wah if I remove again, means I will be out minimally for 6 mths. Just hope they don't grow so fast.

Yup I'm referring to saizen.
When r u seeing Dr Tan again? Maybe ask for his opinion.

My first fresh cycle has failed. AF came yesterday and full flow today before BT.
May I check with sisters here, is it a must to go for BT and follow up, and what are the important things we must ask doc? And how long must we rest for our body to flush out all the hormones jabs?
*hugs autumn* dun give up hope til BT~ or pop down 24hr o&g ask for early bt? i heard can do tt if bleeding b4 bt date..

Wishing all the ladies here TTC thru IVF, FET or IUI a Properous Happy Chinese New Year 2015! Gong Xi Fa Cai! May all our wishes comes true! =)

Happy new year to u & all strong ladies here!

Mind me asking how was ur visit to Dr Loh on 17/2? Esp in regards to intralipid.. Thanks yah..

To all, if u r born in the year of horse, 有望添丁!according to ch8 算命师。bring me hope, it's my year.
Everyone, huat huat huat ah, in money, in egg growth, in lining growth, if better in fetus growth! Happy CNY!

承你贵言.. **pray**
We muz all jiayou, 老师.. :)

Hi all, Happy Lunar New Year for those celebrating! I need to ask if im gonna do a fresh cycle this year, do i still need to go through the registration and briefing again? I know i will need to go through the series of bloodtest and this will be prolly $200plus. Then wat abt the registration fee and the briefing, do i still need to go through it? Pardon me because the last cycle was in year 2012, even that was a frozen cycle, thus i had since forget the procedures for the fresh cycle.. TIA!

Not too sure which hosp u r with..
I m with kkh & my last fresh was in 2011. I would need to attend briefing again for my fresh #2 this mar.. I tried to reject but can't coz they say the briefing got validity period.. Wat registration fee do u mean?

I oso forgotten most of the procedures of a fresh cycle so m hanging in here for advices :)

Hi lazybee85, I will do BT on Monday, feel it's pointless as result is expected.
Wish you good luck for your coming BT and all sisters here, Happy Lunar New Year!

Ok will ask him abt that. I am seeing him end of March that is about the time my menses should come. When are u starting your next cycle?

Was initially look-in at april. But I'm moving house in may so I doubt I can start to soon. And after moving many things to settle. So Am thinking to delay till July or Aug.wanna Let my body rest and really I can't stand the emotional breakdown every 2 or 3 months: (

Hi lazybee85, I will do BT on Monday, feel it's pointless as result is expected.
Wish you good luck for your coming BT and all sisters here, Happy Lunar New Year!

Autumn_08 I wanted to do BT on Monday too. My schedule is Tuesday. But I already started bleeding since yesterday evening. Actually feeling very bad.. and I lost my bloating feeling too.

Hi Emma, hugs hugs, know how you feel. I think you can call the nurse early morning, ask for early BT on Monday. It's okay to let out and feel sad but don't give up hope. TTC journey is not easy task, so don't put stress on yourself. Let's 加油! I will take a break and ask Dr for advice to do FET.

Autumn_08 I wanted to do BT on Monday too. My schedule is Tuesday. But I already started bleeding since yesterday evening. Actually feeling very bad.. and I lost my bloating feeling too.
if ur scheduled BT on Tuesday shld b able to go in earlier on Mon.. mine's on coming Mon.. but when i went 24h o&g on Wed chu xi n they was drawing blood to test for ohss, i asked if can oso do hcg test at e same time, they say cannot.. at most is 1-2days earlier.. so shld b no prob for u to go on Monday instead of Tuesday~

Thanks autumn_0808 and lazybee85. I did go down o & g. But end up they didn't do any blood test. Jus do examination for infection. Yes think Monday do BT.

Negative hpt plus birthday today plus cny reunion dinner. So sad yet glad to be with family tonight. Happy cny to everyone here, hoping to leave all tears and heartache behind and start the new year with lots of baby dust waiting for us.
Hugs hugs.....Please enjoy the CNY first, get well and recovered. all the best.

Happy new year to u & all strong ladies here!

Mind me asking how was ur visit to Dr Loh on 17/2? Esp in regards to intralipid.. Thanks yah..

@queenie122009 i waited for 2 hours to see Dr Loh. Was expected bcoz of the closing for new year. So many preggy woman went for check up. haha

Surprisingly Dr Loh remembered me that i emailed and we talked on the phone before. So he did a scan for me to check my lining. He said my lining is on the thin side so medicated is better. But he did mention NUH medicated cycle is a waste of money and I also know. Coz NUH need to take mercilon and Decap jab den wait mensus before we start progynova. He said all that is just a waste of money and just wants to make it more longer. But wat to do have to follow coz Im with NUH.

So Im on an open date for intralipid, when i know few days before trf, make an appt again a day before with Dr Loh to do intralipid. Thats all.

Not too sure which hosp u r with..
I m with kkh & my last fresh was in 2011. I would need to attend briefing again for my fresh #2 this mar.. I tried to reject but can't coz they say the briefing got validity period.. Wat registration fee do u mean?

I oso forgotten most of the procedures of a fresh cycle so m hanging in here for advices :)

Hi Queenie, im with KKH too.. my very 1st cycle, i remembered that the registration fee about $90plus (if my memory served me well).. oic, so that the briefing is compulsory..meeting up with Dr Tan this 24 Mar. The last i met him last year, he proposed short cycle, but my last fresh was a long cycle.. u r with which doctor?

Ya.me too. My first menses after failed ivf was about one week. My usual is 4 days n the flow is super heavy. Then second is just 1 day! Gosh. But by third menses it became normal again

Thanks ttc77...my usual is abt 6 days ...but for this time it lasted for 9 days..

Hopefully it will stopped soon...

No problem. Am slowly getting over the loss.

It is a good practice for all sisters here who have undergone ivf to do regular self check on the breast. But of course there are many factors that may cause C. And of course not everyone is as susceptible to hormones like me. There are many people who conceived through ivf and yet are extremely healthy. My breast lumps could have been there even before I start ivf. It was just a coincidence I did health screening while on ivf. But doc do advise regular breast self check for people undergoing ivf.

Yes, Probably in the interim will try naturally when my body finish expelling what need to be expelled from the MC.

You jia you k? Hope to hear good news from u soon! ;)

Hi hopeful13, same here I started to feel the lumps after my lasted failed SO-IUI last year..and I was advised to remove 2 lumps as it could be potentially turn into cancerous...Like what you say, the lumps could be there even before we started our fertility treatment..nobody knows...:(

After the ops, I rested for 2 month before I started my fresh IVF but it was bfn:(

I will be gg back for a review next month...hopefully there will be no extra lumps found....;)

My mensus just arrived this noon. I should call KKH on mon morning? Are they open on Sunday? Any idea?

I'm going for thaw cycle ... After last failed thaw cycle in Dec, my mensus cycle went haywire... This cycle is the one after dec and its arrival is due to the fact that I've taken dydrogesterone. . Sigh

@queenie122009 i waited for 2 hours to see Dr Loh. Was expected bcoz of the closing for new year. So many preggy woman went for check up. haha

Surprisingly Dr Loh remembered me that i emailed and we talked on the phone before. So he did a scan for me to check my lining. He said my lining is on the thin side so medicated is better. But he did mention NUH medicated cycle is a waste of money and I also know. Coz NUH need to take mercilon and Decap jab den wait mensus before we start progynova. He said all that is just a waste of money and just wants to make it more longer. But wat to do have to follow coz Im with NUH.

So Im on an open date for intralipid, when i know few days before trf, make an appt again a day before with Dr Loh to do intralipid. Thats all.
Nuh doing this is not to "waste time". They are trying to suppress your system first so that the Progynova u take in the actual cycle will be more effective.
It also suppress existing cysts/fibroids which may get in the way of actual FET cycle.
It may not be a requirement for other clinics, but since the FET is so precious to us, no harm doing an "extra" step if it can potentially improve success rate.

Nuh doing this is not to "waste time". They are trying to suppress your system first so that the Progynova u take in the actual cycle will be more effective.
It also suppress existing cysts/fibroids which may get in the way of actual FET cycle.
It may not be a requirement for other clinics, but since the FET is so precious to us, no harm doing an "extra" step if it can potentially improve success rate.

yup this 'extra' thing is meaning a $400 extra to this medicated FET for NUH. Which i need to follow lor. There are ladies here with KKH who skip all that and just go straight to progynova and still BFP with twins. So up to individual yah.

yup this 'extra' thing is meaning a $400 extra to this medicated FET for NUH. Which i need to follow lor. There are ladies here with KKH who skip all that and just go straight to progynova and still BFP with twins. So up to individual yah.
NUH FET is compulsory to be medicated?

Anyone went thr natural fet at kkh? How long do we need to bed rest after the transfer? Heard kkh only gives 3 days HL.

What food to eat before n after transfer?

Hi hopeful13, same here I started to feel the lumps after my lasted failed SO-IUI last year..and I was advised to remove 2 lumps as it could be potentially turn into cancerous...Like what you say, the lumps could be there even before we started our fertility treatment..nobody knows...:(

After the ops, I rested for 2 month before I started my fresh IVF but it was bfn:(

I will be gg back for a review next month...hopefully there will be no extra lumps found....;)
Yah same loh! I removed one last year and this year the lumps increased and I need to be checked in 3 mths time. If it increases again. I have to remove some for biopsy to make sure it's not cancerous.

Are u starting your ivf again?

NUH FET is compulsory to be medicated?

@chloe_ng of cos not. Its either natural or medicated. ive tried natural fet before but have to be aborted, my lining never reached 8mm and stay around 6mm till i ovulate. My lining has always been thin. Even doing ivf, with all the jabs the highest it goes is 9mm. hence the medicated fet for me.

Yah same loh! I removed one last year and this year the lumps increased and I need to be checked in 3 mths time. If it increases again. I have to remove some for biopsy to make sure it's not cancerous.

Are u starting your ivf again?

I am planning to do my FET in either April or May..

I only left 3, not sure if they will survive after thaw:(

Recently I can feel the pain & lumps again, will c how the review first..have to make sure that it is okie before I proceed the FET.:(

What abt u? When are u planning to start again?

Hi, Babydusty,
Thanks a lot for the information..
How many days bef transfer shld the intralipid b done?

Hi Queenie, im with KKH too.. my very 1st cycle, i remembered that the registration fee about $90plus (if my memory served me well).. oic, so that the briefing is compulsory..meeting up with Dr Tan this 24 Mar. The last i met him last year, he proposed short cycle, but my last fresh was a long cycle.. u r with which doctor?

Hi, SueAnna18,
Same like u, my fresh #1 was long protocol. But fresh #2 will b short.. I m abit worried too, but I guess I juz hv to give it a try.. I m with Dr Tan HH too.. His reply was "try short. Lesser jabs, less stressful".. Oh well, it may juz b the right one for us.. :)

:(:(
I am planning to do my FET in either April or May..

I only left 3, not sure if they will survive after thaw:(

Recently I can feel the pain & lumps again, will c how the review first..have to make sure that it is okie before I proceed the FET.:(

What abt u? When are u planning to start again?
I don't know yet. Just had a miscarriage. Gotta wait for my normal menses to come and see doc to get his opinion.

I only have 1 frozen embryo. :( Also worried the embryo doesn't survive after thawing. :(

:(:(
I don't know yet. Just had a miscarriage. Gotta wait for my normal menses to come and see doc to get his opinion.

I only have 1 frozen embryo. :( Also worried the embryo doesn't survive after thawing. :(

I think it is good to start a fresh cycle. I used to have 1 frozen blast and was ready for the transfer before cny. but sadly it does not survive after thawed, so now got to wait till may to start a fresh cycle again...

Anyone went thr natural fet at kkh? How long do we need to bed rest after the transfer? Heard kkh only gives 3 days HL.

What food to eat before n after transfer?
I did the natural fet at kkh in Nov 2013. I rested for a day on the day of transfer itself. And I work half a day for the next three days. Did not really bed rest. Just relax and it was a bfp.... During my fresh, I rested for the whole period during the tww, much time was spent at home..it was a bfn... Therefore my personal opinion is to get out of the house so that our mind is not always thinking about the result... And time will also pass more quickly.. I had chicken essence everyday. Brazil nuts and ensure milk. I went for acupuncture too...

For FET, is there a diff between day 2 embryos or blastocyst? In terms of taking progynova or scans

mine was blast. i took progynova from my day 4 of menses till ET. Total had 3 scans. But my FET got cancelled in the end due to my egg not able to survive after thaw.

oh ya, few days before transfer, i was asked to insert utrogestan for about 4 to 5 days.

I think it is good to start a fresh cycle. I used to have 1 frozen blast and was ready for the transfer before cny. but sadly it does not survive after thawed, so now got to wait till may to start a fresh cycle again...
Thanks meilingg, u have to wait to May was because there are no slots available earlier or was it for you to clear all the hormones in your body first?

Haii.. Dunno y today emo again. Back to work and feeling lousy. Dread meeting my friends with their kids for Lou hei. Keep thinking last week same day was the day I was told the news that pregnancy is lost.. Haii still need to pretend to smile to colleagues. :(

Thanks meilingg, u have to wait to May was because there are no slots available earlier or was it for you to clear all the hormones in your body first?

Haii.. Dunno y today emo again. Back to work and feeling lousy. Dread meeting my friends with their kids for Lou hei. Keep thinking last week same day was the day I was told the news that pregnancy is lost.. Haii still need to pretend to smile to colleagues. :(

no earlier slots for me =(
I asked the nurse to squeeze me earlier also cannot.

i can understand your saddness. during cny, when i see my cousins's babies... they will remind me of my loss too... keep thinking if the pregnancy was a smooth one, she will be 2 months old plus now...

Last edited:

People who really care won't mind whether u smile or not. People who don't care, why bother about them?

I didn't have a good time coming back to work too. But I think it is ok to grieve. Give time to pick ourselves up and come back stronger.

Over cny period, I was with my relatives and also thought, I could have been happier. The time will come. :)

no earlier slots for me =(
I asked the nurse to squeeze me earlier also cannot.

i can understand your saddness. during cny, when i see my cousins's babies... they will remind me of my loss too... keep thinking if the pregnancy was a smooth one, she will be 2 months plus now...
Hmm by the time I see doc, if I were to do fresh think only got slots in June or July already then. I wonder if I can do fet and chope a slot for fresh also. Just in case.

Sorry abt your loss too.. Dunno y I just cried in office. It had been an ok week last week but this week is bad.. :(

Hmm by the time I see doc, if I were to do fresh think only got slots in June or July already then. I wonder if I can do fet and chope a slot for fresh also. Just in case.

Sorry abt your loss too.. Dunno y I just cried in office. It had been an ok week last week but this week is bad.. :(

give urself some time to grieve over it. it also took me some times to settle down and move on...

i will just tell myself, move on and try again...next year i will get to have my bb on my arms...

u can ask if u can book for both. so if fet failed, u still got a early slot for fresh.

Back