IVF/ICSI Support Group

AF arrived this afternoon :(

Moinie, lots of hugs and sorry to hear about this. Ivf is a tough journey isn't it, so much uncertainty.

maybe you wd still want to continue your progesterone support, bcos I've read that some ladies who bleed went on to hv bfp. actually i felt silly doing the progesterone when i started bleeding during my last cycle, but better be safe, since there's still chance till the bt.

Gracelove,
When did you discover that it's etopic?
I had etopic in 2000 then lead to one fallopian tube being cut and left one which is embedded so must do ivf.
Hi net73,

About 5weeks of my preggie.

This is your 1st IVF?

I'm agree w sister, no one will understand how we feel.

That's I rather keep to myself instead let anyone know I'm doing IVF.

I had prescribed with 5mg folic acid ever since I started the and now still on 5mg after bfp
I had prescribed with 5mg folic acid ever since I started the jab and now still on 5mg after bfp
Thank you so much for sharing. I had so much concerns as worried about if taking too much folic acid might be "heaty" for the body. How are you spreading out the dosage each day? Did your Dr explain why the prescription is more intense than usual?

Net73,
Congratulations now.... You did it...

Best fertility friend,
Eh... My Gynae said take Blackmore conceive well is good enough to prepare IVF...

Morning sisters! Anybody gg for blood test today? All the best!!

Im at 10dp2dt cyrrently. Ytd my tcm told me my embryo implanted n its stable n he believes i will succeed this cycle (had a miscarriage in previous cycle). Thereafter i went to my gp to check on my progesterone level n hcg n it turns out my hcg was less than 2 while progesterone level was good. The previous cycle my hcg was 185 on 9dp2dt after i get a confirmation from my tcm... so i was shocked n disappointed. While i know blood test won't go wrong, i still trying to hold on to that little hope that my embryo implanted late hence hcg has yet to release into my blood stream... in a limbo right now :~(

Anyone knows what is the normal time frame for AF to arrive after stopping the progesterone support once BFN is confirmed by BT?

I think it differs for individual. 1 of my cycle my AF came the next day after i stopped the support while 1 of the cycle my AF came tho i was still on the support.

Morning sisters! Anybody gg for blood test today? All the best!!

Im at 10dp2dt cyrrently. Ytd my tcm told me my embryo implanted n its stable n he believes i will succeed this cycle (had a miscarriage in previous cycle). Thereafter i went to my gp to check on my progesterone level n hcg n it turns out my hcg was less than 2 while progesterone level was good. The previous cycle my hcg was 185 on 9dp2dt after i get a confirmation from my tcm... so i was shocked n disappointed. While i know blood test won't go wrong, i still trying to hold on to that little hope that my embryo implanted late hence hcg has yet to release into my blood stream... in a limbo right now :~(
Morning! I'm at 12dp today. BT next Tues.
Hey your embryo implanted. That's great! Don't worry hon. This whole ivf thingy is never standard. Unexpected things happen all the time. You never know. Just stay positive :)

Thanks Best Fertility Friend :)[/QUOT
It is not really not easy to decide if complementary medicine will help. Yet, by merely following the Dr's advice, we are worried if we have tried our best, and whether our own body's constitution is not as strong and whether it might need a booster to stand a better chance. One of my clinic's instructions after ET is, "Don't sit too long and don't stand for too long." I think the logic is the same, to prevent stagnation in blood flow to uterus. They allow brisk walking of 15 mins/day to promote circulation. By the way, can call me BFF in short.

Girls can I ask u all for an opinion
I'm planning to do ivf in aprik. Have abstained from drinking since Jan.if I drink one glass of alcohol today,do u all think will affect ?

I remember being excited too for once lol. It's an interesting process for sure. Good luck Chubby!
Thanks! I'm excited because I have been waiting for my 1st cycle to arrive for some time so that I can embark on my IVF journey. The sooner the better cuz time is slipping away and biological clock is still clicking. For the subsequent AFs, I guess I will have mixed feelings. Happy cuz I can start another cycle , sad that I'm not preggy. No matter how, I think I got to accept whatever it comes. Be positive!!! Not only to me but to all the ladies here who are working hard to get preggy...

Can totally relate to this. I have always hope that AF wouldn't come to buy some hope for getting pregnant, and yet if it doesn't come when it ought to be, I can feel my body system in imbalance.
You can try TCM to regular our body hormones, at least it worked for me... Body get warmer, after my previous SO-IUI, for some time, my
Menses went haywire, however after 3 months, it starts to be on track again. Jiayou oh!

Girls can I ask u all for an opinion
I'm planning to do ivf in aprik. Have abstained from drinking since Jan.if I drink one glass of alcohol today,do u all think will affect ?
To me I think as long as your body got enuff time to detox, should not be a problem for your IVF in April bah.

Congrats chubby! You will start IVF earlier than me. Are you on long or short protocol? My menses likely will come on 1st day of CNY so scan has to be CD3.

Congrats chubby! You will start IVF earlier than me. Are you on long or short protocol? My menses likely will come on 1st day of CNY so scan has to be CD3.
Oceandeep, only slightly early. Lolz. Me in short protocol ... We got quite a few cycle buddies here in FEB.. Let's huat huat ah!!!!

Now enjoying my bak kwa.... :p

You can try TCM to regular our body hormones, at least it worked for me... Body get warmer, after my previous SO-IUI, for some time, my
Menses went haywire, however after 3 months, it starts to be on track again. Jiayou oh!
Thank you Chubby. I hope that I am in time to "tiao" my body still, as my FET is scheduled in March.

Hi sisters

Not sure anyone remembers me as I wasn't too active and just back to this thread after a long hiatus

Am finally getting somewhere with our ivf. Going for briefing next mth n starting our first cycle in April. any sisters cycling in April too? Hope can find cycle buddies

Was told I would be put on short protocol. My doc wrote P.400, can I assume he's referring to puregon 400? Seems like very high dosage to me... Just turned 39 and hv moderate low AMH (1.1), not sure if that's why? Any sisters had such high dosage previously?

Hi all.. have been away for a while... In fact I had a bfp last week during BT. Initially did not want to jinx it by announcing even on the forum and wait until my first appt to see doc next tue. But since mon, I have been spotting and today fresh blood. Managed to see Dr Tan today and he gave me progesterone jab. & my embryo is in middle of womb which is not so ideal. Worst was on wed I went to o&g, doc on duty could see yolk sac but today there is no yolk sac.

& there is nothing I can do now but rest & hope for the best. Just hope the sac don't end up miscarriage. Sianz..

Sorry for the negativity and lousy news in this festive season.

Hi hi- just wondering, is it a must to do IUI before IVF? I'm with NUH for about 1 year, so far all the oral medication for ovulation (clomid and tamoxifen) isn't successful.. Such that I can't even do the IUI :(
Next step likely use FSH injections, I'm thinking of doing IVF straight away since I'm already doing the injections. But I know most doctors won't recommend ivf straight away.. Hence wanted to ask you all on your experience. I'm 33 this year and hubs is 36.

Hi hi- just wondering, is it a must to do IUI before IVF? I'm with NUH for about 1 year, so far all the oral medication for ovulation (clomid and tamoxifen) isn't successful.. Such that I can't even do the IUI :(
Next step likely use FSH injections, I'm thinking of doing IVF straight away since I'm already doing the injections. But I know most doctors won't recommend ivf straight away.. Hence wanted to ask you all on your experience. I'm 33 this year and hubs is 36.

Hihi Januch

I was with nuh for pcos nearly 15 years but choose to go kkh to do fertility programme this year due to proximity. Both hospital uses iui as first approach. Cos I check both side. In nuh is called iui and kkh is so-iui. Both nearly the same except in kkh iui started with clomid before injection while nuh didn't differentiate btw the two.

-I think iui will need to test dose (a bit at a time till your body responded) jus to avoid over stimulation. While ivf will start at high dose.
- I think most importantly is you can check with doctor if iui u can continue following the next cycle. For ivf is u need a short break of maybe 2 to 3 months. so ivf may take overall longer time btw cycle.

Back