IVF/ICSI Support Group

I just went to the briefing session yesterday. We r suppose to call to make appointment for another counselling session. Have yet to make the call.

I have been seeing tsb for almost 1 yr. Stopped recently cos I don't see any improvement. Only taking folic acid daily. No other supplement. Recently also started drinking lemon water. My sis's friend said it helped her to conceive as it makes her body more alkaline.

Hlixian post: 7530666 said:
I have been seeing tsb for almost 1 yr. Stopped recently cos I don't see any improvement. Only taking folic acid daily. No other supplement. Recently also started drinking lemon water. My sis's friend said it helped her to conceive as it makes her body more alkaline.
You must be feeling v excited now. Good luck and succeed for your 1st cycle.

Last edited:
I heard now kkh nov ivf schedule fully booked. Hilxian, I used to see tsb also for 4mths then I gave up. I also take folic acid & conceive well everyday. I m also curious to know when do we take egg white??

Just went to see dr Lau on Wed, He doesn't recommend Ivf for us, despite knowing that I had tried clomid for 7 cycles. He want me to try letrozole first.. Any ladies tried this before?

hi.. i had my ET done on thurs and now recuperating at home. I must say dr tan hh is VERY busy. both my ER & ET were much later than appointed time. ER was 2hrs later and ET was 3hrs later. Part of the reason for 3hrs delayed was also i cleared my bladder just 15mins before i was called, but that was because i had held my bladder for 3hrs from the time i was told to do so! and then 15mins later the nurse called and i cant go in but another lady went in instead. so frustrating. anyway the lady before me is also under dr tan and he cant even wait for me to come and get ready but to rush back to clinic. so i end up waiting another 30mins. so in 10mins, we are done. thats all i'll see of him. only twice - at ER &ET. so much for seeing him pte.

also, a side note for those doing ER..(but it cld be just me) after i woke up from sedation, i was just feeling a little pain, hungryand just tired and slightly nausea. then the nurse came in and gave me milo and biscuit. i wanted to ask for warm water only cause i know shldnt tk milky food after sedation but because i was soooo hungry from fasting for more than 12hrs..i went for the milo and biscuit! WRONG move! i was soooooo much more nauseated..felt soooooo terrible. wanted to vomit also cannot. i dont know how long i stayed on & i think they had to "chase" me off coz others have left and when i met my hubby outside, i still had to sit outside coz i cldnt urinate (which is impt that they ensure you do pass urine at KK) and still feeling very terrible. anyway in the end, i vomited in the car. felt sooo much relieved..

silly nurse still keep saying aiya must be e milo made me nausea. i was like..." then why u still give me lor!!"

anyway i have very enlarged ovaries and very bloated now. anyone experienced before and how long after does it subsides if it doesnt develop into OHSS? and if i do have mild OHSS, what will i look out for? can i help to reduced my ovaries because its very bloated and painful..

anyway..all in all...i MUST say, ALL the nurses are very very kind and nice. soooo assuring sooo comforting...those under KKH, we are in good hands!

hi.. i had my ET done on thurs and now recuperating at home. I must say dr tan hh is VERY busy. both my ER & ET were much later than appointed time. ER was 2hrs later and ET was 3hrs later. Part of the reason for 3hrs delayed was also i cleared my bladder just 15mins before i was called, but that was because i had held my bladder for 3hrs from the time i was told to do so! and then 15mins later the nurse called and i cant go in but another lady went in instead. so frustrating. anyway the lady before me is also under dr tan and he cant even wait for me to come and get ready but to rush back to clinic. so i end up waiting another 30mins. so in 10mins, we are done. thats all i'll see of him. only twice - at ER &ET. so much for seeing him pte.

also, a side note for those doing ER..(but it cld be just me) after i woke up from sedation, i was just feeling a little pain, hungryand just tired and slightly nausea. then the nurse came in and gave me milo and biscuit. i wanted to ask for warm water only cause i know shldnt tk milky food after sedation but because i was soooo hungry from fasting for more than 12hrs..i went for the milo and biscuit! WRONG move! i was soooooo much more nauseated..felt soooooo terrible. wanted to vomit also cannot. i dont know how long i stayed on & i think they had to "chase" me off coz others have left and when i met my hubby outside, i still had to sit outside coz i cldnt urinate (which is impt that they ensure you do pass urine at KK) and still feeling very terrible. anyway in the end, i vomited in the car. felt sooo much relieved..

silly nurse still keep saying aiya must be e milo made me nausea. i was like..." then why u still give me lor!!"

anyway i have very enlarged ovaries and very bloated now. anyone experienced before and how long after does it subsides if it doesnt develop into OHSS? and if i do have mild OHSS, what will i look out for? can i help to reduced my ovaries because its very bloated and painful..
Missyserene u hold your bladder for 3 hrs!!! Power.. I hope when it's my turn with Dr Tan I don't have to hold so long!

I used to be with Dr tan HH for my 1st fresh ivf cycle in 2012.

Hm.... i also feel pain after i wake up after sedation and to see blood on the trolley where i lay... omg... i also serve milo and biscuit when i feel better. I slept for 1hr 30min... heehee....

Dun really feel nausea.... but very bloated. My condition better after 24hrs.

I hold about 2 hr of bladder before my ET.
Hi, was your 1st fresh a success? Sounds like quite tough to hold bladder for 2 hrs esp having to wait for doc.

just worried that I have to release before doc arrives.

Missyserene u hold your bladder for 3 hrs!!! Power.. I hope when it's my turn with Dr Tan I don't have to hold so long!
Because my appt was at 945. Instruction was 1hr b4 appt, clear bladder and drink 2 cups of water. I didnt really measure by cup, just drank frm my bottle coz i thot aiya how long wld i wait..drink a little more also its ok. Haha so maybe point learn is..dont over drink...haha

Thanks all. We are feeling ok now. Got many other things lined up for us :) And I took the 3 days HL given to me. Tomorow I'm going SHOPPING. Hee.

kym, it's good for you to have alternative plans. For us, ivf with my own eggs will be the only option. We have no intention to pursue further.

janices, no, the whole FET is aborted.

Good luck to everyone hor!!

redvel, all the best to you! Tho i seldom post but i've been following the thread everyday n i gonna miss you la... u r always so helpful in giving advice... i hope u will be back soon with good news for us!

Because my appt was at 945. Instruction was 1hr b4 appt, clear bladder and drink 2 cups of water. I didnt really measure by cup, just drank frm my bottle coz i thot aiya how long wld i wait..drink a little more also its ok. Haha so maybe point learn is..dont over drink...haha

During my et i also waited 3 hrs. But the nurse tell me my bladder not very full when i went in, although I felt quite full. She says due to my ovaries swollen, i would definitely feel like that. I still went ahead with et despite a half full bladder.

Just sharing my experience.

[QUOslynhope, post: 7530364, member: 116357"]Hi, kymkym... juz curious, y send to TFC and to overseas?[/QUOTE]
The sperms is currently at kkh

I just had my transfer yesterday. 2 d5 embbies and one already started to hatch when transferred. Now can only cross finger and wait for result. Yesterday transfer is the longest I ever had because my bladder is not full enough and doc have to pump in more water. That experience is horrible. Really dun think want to experience it again. All the best to all

I just had my transfer yesterday. 2 d5 embbies and one already started to hatch when transferred. Now can only cross finger and wait for result. Yesterday transfer is the longest I ever had because my bladder is not full enough and doc have to pump in more water. That experience is horrible. Really dun think want to experience it again. All the best to all
U sure doc was pumping water into ur bladder? I rem my doc pumped water in too but it was to clean up the inside before transferring the embryos.

Yes. My gynae was telling me he's going to pump in water as my bladder is not full enough for transfer and I can see it thru the monitor when all the water pumped it. Its horrible. Only once y
The water level is ok, then he proceed to do the transfer.

Can I check with u all, if my Egg retrieval is on Thursday. Is it recommended for me to go back to work on Fri?
N also if egg retrieval is on Thursday, likely when will egg transfer be? N How many days did u all stay at home after egg transfer?

I need to plan my work so need these info. Thanks :)

some ladies experience crampung after ER. you can of coz go back to work if you have a relatively relaxing job.

but the few days after ER, need to watch out for symptoms of OHSS, and let the ovaries/body rest a bit is always better. If you do need to go back on Fri, maybe a half day? also some ladies experience some effects from the sedation (i manage to get clearance to drive home myself after 3 hours so it all depends on your body).

Speak to the doctor. they will tell ypu when is your planned transfer. Most clinics hv their preferred transfer dates (ie KKH d2, some d3, some d5). but bear in mjnd some flexibility because if the lab notices any uegency, some labs may call you back for an earlier transfer on the belief that the womb is the best place for an embryo.

Good luck!!!

some ladies experience crampung after ER. you can of coz go back to work if you have a relatively relaxing job.

but the few days after ER, need to watch out for symptoms of OHSS, and let the ovaries/body rest a bit is always better. If you do need to go back on Fri, maybe a half day? also some ladies experience some effects from the sedation (i manage to get clearance to drive home myself after 3 hours so it all depends on your body).

Speak to the doctor. they will tell ypu when is your planned transfer. Most clinics hv their preferred transfer dates (ie KKH d2, some d3, some d5). but bear in mjnd some flexibility because if the lab notices any uegency, some labs may call you back for an earlier transfer on the belief that the womb is the best place for an embryo.

Good luck!!!
Thank u for the info: )

Doc told me my af wil come within a week as at last Thur. Today is my cd1. Very fast come. My cycle is only 25 days, shortest ever been in my life :p

Ellesie those 2 blastos of yours are sounding perfect. Good luck and i really hope the dude up there is working his magic hands on you.

Yes. My gynae was telling me he's going to pump in water as my bladder is not full enough for transfer and I can see it thru the monitor when all the water pumped it. Its horrible. Only once y
The water level is ok, then he proceed to do the transfer.
Oh it sounds scary. I hope u are feeling better now. I hope ur beanies are sticky. In ur 2ww now?

Redvel, ya. Just hope for the best and guai guai took meds as nothing can be done.
By the way, my doc gave list of do and don't.

I just walked slowly, didn't confine myself to strict bed rest. I think just do what u feel comfortable while being more careful. :)
Thanks babe! :)
N How many days were u away from work after ET?
Dr Loh says he will give me two weeks mc But I'm still thinking How many days I wanna rest at home

Doc told me my af wil come within a week as at last Thur. Today is my cd1. Very fast come. My cycle is only 25 days, shortest ever been in my life :p

Ellesie those 2 blastos of yours are sounding perfect. Good luck and i really hope the dude up there is working his magic hands on you.
Redvel,u stop e progynova from cd 4 to last thurs or are u still continue taking it?

Connie, I was taking the progynova till the day before my ET. On ET day, since it was aborted, I stopped already.

Connie, I was taking the progynova till the day before my ET. On ET day, since it was aborted, I stopped already.
Hi redvel,thanks for e reply. I was prescribed progynova 4mg by e doc after my polyp hysteroscopy/dnc removal. Feel like stopping it on my own as not very comfy taking it. Feeling hot easily n worried it will worsen my 2cm fabriod but doc appt is still 2 weeks away.

Oh what's the purpose of estrogen for polyp removal? I only know ok it's like needed for FET to thicken lining.

Indeed, the first 2 days I started I felt miserable. By 3rd day, felt numb to it already. But it all started again when I had to up the 3 pills to 4 pills.

I don't think you should stop it without doc's instruction. I know the feeling of nausea and stuff are terrible.... maybe suck some sng moi might help a teeny bit?

But how come the surgery removed your polyp and not your fibroid?

Oh what's the purpose of estrogen for polyp removal? I only know ok it's like needed for FET to thicken lining.

Indeed, the first 2 days I started I felt miserable. By 3rd day, felt numb to it already. But it all started again when I had to up the 3 pills to 4 pills.

I don't think you should stop it without doc's instruction. I know the feeling of nausea and stuff are terrible.... maybe suck some sng moi might help a teeny bit?

But how come the surgery removed your polyp and not your fibroid?
E fabriod is intramural at 2cm. And its different location that hysteroscopy procedure can reach. I check with 2 doc they all say its ok to leave e fabriod alone.
I guess e progynova is to build up e lining after dnc. Was thinking can i eat for 10days instead of 28 days to build up e lining..haha.

It does make sense you'll need to boost up your lining after the surgery that might have thinned your lining.

Errr I think better don't discount it. Haaa. Doc asked you to take 28days then better stick to it. Try to focus on other things and not the discomfort. Remember now everything you do is for the prepping of your BIG DAY. So don't be notti and stop it yourself unless doc says ok. :)

It does make sense you'll need to boost up your lining after the surgery that might have thinned your lining.

Errr I think better don't discount it. Haaa. Doc asked you to take 28days then better stick to it. Try to focus on other things and not the discomfort. Remember now everything you do is for the prepping of your BIG DAY. So don't be notti and stop it yourself unless doc says ok. :)
Yes mdm. :) Good nite :)

My af havent report... Already late for almost a week. Usually my cycle is 22-26days. Today is 32days. I use preg test kit yesterday morning but neg... I waiting for af to report so can start stim jabs... I guess im too stresd with work lately maybe af late...

Thanks babe! :)
N How many days were u away from work after ET?
Dr Loh says he will give me two weeks mc But I'm still thinking How many days I wanna rest at home
I fully utilized the 18 days of the hospitalization leave. Just relax ur mind and rest. :)

Connie, are you still bleeding? I'm still bleeding till last fri seems to get heavier and most probably it's my menses. Now I'm at clinic seeing doc

Janices. I didnt bleed already,bleeding stopped on thurs. Went back to work today n got a few kpo colleagues ask me y i mia for so long.

I am now on progynova that doc prescribed to me after e op which i dreaded. What did yr doc says? Think should be yr menses. So u are ready to start fet. All e best! :)

Last edited:
Janices. I didnt bleed already,bleeding stopped on thurs. Went back to work today n got a few kpo colleagues ask me y i mia for so long.

I am now on progynova that doc prescribed to me after e op which i dreaded. What did yr doc says? Think should be yr menses. So u are ready to start fet. All e best! :)
Doc said looks like it's my menses, need to go again next week n now starting baby aspirin

Back