IVF/ICSI Support Group

Are they supposed to give us inserts after er. Think for me didn't. Forgot. So start today ugesterone n progynova

Ladies am done with et. Good and bad news. Out of 16 retrieved 10 matured 4 fertilized and only 2 grade 4 can be used. Nothing to freeze. Hope n pray my two darlings will grow beautifully in me.
Hi mesara,

Welcome to 2ww.

Are u seeing your tcm for acupunture after this?

Dr Loh says that long protocol will help for more mature eggs .. Is it really true..

I believe you will succeed! You are now technically pregnant!

Heard my tcm does not do acu after et. Shall go n check with him.

Ya long protocol I have more eggs but think I shud have taken something for the quality. Dont knw why out of 10 matured only 2 survived.

Ya long protocol I have more eggs but think I shud have taken something for the quality. Dont knw why out of 10 matured only 2 survived.
I had short protocol in my first cycle. Retrieved 13, 10 fertilized. But only 3 made it. Your case qite similar to mine.

Hence this time, dr s gave saizen to help with quality. Of cos i added on royal jelly with CQ10, tcm herbs and acu too. Maybe all these helped in the better results this time...

It happens after et. We even secretly use our phone to record down the update cos they speak really fast.
Oh ya.. I wanted to ask the same question!.. Can we take video of the ET process?.. Can take audio recording of what they say of our eggs/lining status?.. So it seems hvta take it secretly?..

Oh ya.. I wanted to ask the same question!.. Can we take video of the ET process?.. Can take audio recording of what they say of our eggs/lining status?.. So it seems hvta take it secretly?..
No video or pictures allowed. We wantec to take a pic during the first cycle but was told that we cannot do so.

I am not even sure they will allow sound recording.

I don't think can video. my dh only secretly turned on the audio recording.

No video or pictures allowed. We wantec to take a pic during the first cycle but was told that we cannot do so.

I am not even sure they will allow sound recording.
I don't think can video. my dh only secretly turned on the audio recording.
Ok.. thanks ladies.. den i shall pre-empt DH to on the audio recording on the way in to the room.. also.. after ER.. they'll let us know the status right?.. did they write it down for you ladies?.. cos after GA sure super stone.. i scared i cant remember a thing they say leh.. lol..

No.. 3rd.. My 2nd cycle is very bad as compared to my first.. So don't know what will happen for my third
I see.

U are very brave to continue trying for the 3rd time. Maybe , u shld share yr past 2 cycles with yr currrnt doc snd discuss what changes thry can make for you...

I am now in my 2ww... trying not to worry and think too much abt the outcome which seemed quite impossible.

Ok.. thanks ladies.. den i shall pre-empt DH to on the audio recording on the way in to the room.. also.. after ER.. they'll let us know the status right?.. did they write it down for you ladies?.. cos after GA sure super stone.. i scared i cant remember a thing they say leh.. lol..
They will tell u how many retrieved along with other instructions when u r up and about.

They will tell u how many retrieved along with other instructions when u r up and about.
ok noted.. must make a mental note to write down what they say man.. 1 more month to go for me..

Ladies in TWW.. All the best!.. Rest well during this period and think positive.. Talk to your embbies.. Read good books.. Relax and enjoy your time with your dear embbies.. :)

Hi all. I am trying to catch on with all the member names here :)

I also take red bean soup midway from my stimming as i heard the lining shouldn't be too thick from the start of the cycle. And after ET, I will take durians on top of those other stuff I have been consuming.

Thanks portia and mesara. Mesara I shall keep my fingers crossed for you. And continue to eat and think healthily. My big boss told me before I left for my HL : "Must believe it will happen". I think it's a very simple sentence yet it's full of positivity and sometimes faith is really what keeps us going.

Portia oh your ET was not too long ago. My BT is on 21May. Good luck to you too.

My ET wasn't done this morning. But will be Wed. Our numbers are good so after much discussion and also opinion from Dr Sadhana, we decide to do blasto.

Out of 16 eggs, 12 are mature. 8 are fertilised though 1 is still under monitoring so safely say we have 7 usable ones. I have always wanted blasto from the beginning but I know ivf is a number game. So I was prepared to do day 3 if my numbers are not ideal. But now that I got 7, I did ask Dr what is her opinion for me. She said if I were to be 22, she suggests go ahead for ET today. But due to my age (I'm 40s), day 3 is merely 20% success rate. She feels blasto will give me better chance. She seems confident I surely have something for Wed. The only risk is nothing to freeze by then. I discussed with hubby again and we both feel we shall trust Dr's expertise and proceed with the blasto culture. Yes we may end up no frozen ones but at least that one shot is a better shot than day 3. Moreover she shares that some embies can't thaw well so frozen is not 100 percent usable.

Today I'm being prescribed progesterone inserts. Nurse told me even though ET is not done today, I can start inserting to even better prep the lining for wed. At that point, I was thinking why not let us ladies have it days before our ET, right? I mean if it's good to be inserted before ET. I mean in a way lucky that I get the pills before my Wed ET. But if my ET was indeed this morning, then I would really prefer to have the medicine say on monday to start with. Oh well.

I'm scheduled on Wed as first patient for the ET.

I must say so far the experience at kkivf is a pleasant one. Every staff whom attended to me are caring and they know their stuff. I will put in some good words after all the procedure is done.

My 2nd considered worse than first. Outnof 6 I had 3 fertilized used 2 and one snowbie. This time none tho 16 eggs. Am v shocked but just have to feel blessed with the 2 grade 4s. Now on all positive tots n energy and no more looking back.

Hi all. I am trying to catch on with all the member names here :)

I also take red bean soup midway from my stimming as i heard the lining shouldn't be too thick from the start of the cycle. And after ET, I will take durians on top of those other stuff I have been consuming.

Thanks portia and mesara. Mesara I shall keep my fingers crossed for you. And continue to eat and think healthily. My big boss told me before I left for my HL : "Must believe it will happen". I think it's a very simple sentence yet it's full of positivity and sometimes faith is really what keeps us going.

Portia oh your ET was not too long ago. My BT is on 21May. Good luck to you too.

My ET wasn't done this morning. But will be Wed. Our numbers are good so after much discussion and also opinion from Dr Sadhana, we decide to do blasto.

Out of 16 eggs, 12 are mature. 8 are fertilised though 1 is still under monitoring so safely say we have 7 usable ones. I have always wanted blasto from the beginning but I know ivf is a number game. So I was prepared to do day 3 if my numbers are not ideal. But now that I got 7, I did ask Dr what is her opinion for me. She said if I were to be 22, she suggests go ahead for ET today. But due to my age (I'm 40s), day 3 is merely 20% success rate. She feels blasto will give me better chance. She seems confident I surely have something for Wed. The only risk is nothing to freeze by then. I discussed with hubby again and we both feel we shall trust Dr's expertise and proceed with the blasto culture. Yes we may end up no frozen ones but at least that one shot is a better shot than day 3. Moreover she shares that some embies can't thaw well so frozen is not 100 percent usable.

Today I'm being prescribed progesterone inserts. Nurse told me even though ET is not done today, I can start inserting to even better prep the lining for wed. At that point, I was thinking why not let us ladies have it days before our ET, right? I mean if it's good to be inserted before ET. I mean in a way lucky that I get the pills before my Wed ET. But if my ET was indeed this morning, then I would really prefer to have the medicine say on monday to start with. Oh well.

I'm scheduled on Wed as first patient for the ET.

I must say so far the experience at kkivf is a pleasant one. Every staff whom attended to me are caring and they know their stuff. I will put in some good words after all the procedure is done.
Hi redvel,

Can you share what grades of embbies you have?

We devided against going fof blastocysts because we only had 6. we had 4 grade 4 and 2 grade 3 but because the day 4 is a sunday where kk id closed. Din want to run with the risk of embbies perishing by day 4 with no chance for transfer.

Hi portia I've no knowledge about embie grading. How and what's the grading for an embie?

I understand the risk too and I did tell my hubby how all these blasto culture works in the lab. Sometimes we can't play with time. However Dr seems confident about my embies (I didn't ask about grading) therefore we are even more geared towards blasto. Plus she mentions my age concern. So here we go.

My 2nd considered worse than first. Outnof 6 I had 3 fertilized used 2 and one snowbie. This time none tho 16 eggs. Am v shocked but just have to feel blessed with the 2 grade 4s. Now on all positive tots n energy and no more looking back.
Mesara,

I rem you stim for 2 more days than me even though our scan results for follicles were similar sizes. Did thd embryologist tell you ghe reason why for low transfer grade? Did they overstimulate and eggs were too 'mature'?

Well, now we just look forward and hope that the 2 we transfered will become a bfp for twins for us. Then there is no need for use for any froxen for s while.

And maybe this incident kinda gives me encouragement for blasto. My sis is an ivf success case. 3rd ET is blasto. First two are day 3 which failed. She is popping twins tomorrow!

Ladies it's not abt qty but quality. When I had 15 follicles, my gynae n dh said enough. They want good ones not many.. dh said got many but no good ones for wat.. sing the same tune as dr...

Ladies it's not abt qty but quality. When I had 15 follicles, my gynae n dh said enough. They want good ones not many.. dh said got many but no good ones for wat.. sing the same tune as dr...
Agree, dolly gal.

I retrieved 13 in my first cycle and only had 3 to transfer.

This cycle, I have 21 but only 6 good for transfer.

Quality counts as much, if not more than quantity.

No overstim. 10 mature nice. All icsi. Dont knw why didn't make it. Sperm also I told u 4 hrs outside. Maybe reason also. But dont think much lor. This is the bfp cycle. Lets jia you

No overstim. 10 mature nice. All icsi. Dont knw why didn't make it. Sperm also I told u 4 hrs outside. Maybe reason also. But dont think much lor. This is the bfp cycle. Lets jia you
Yap...

Let's try and be positive... and hope for a bfp!

Btw, i am lying on the bed for my acupunture now. Are you going for acu too?

Hi portia I've no knowledge about embie grading. How and what's the grading for an embie?

I understand the risk too and I did tell my hubby how all these blasto culture works in the lab. Sometimes we can't play with time. However Dr seems confident about my embies (I didn't ask about grading) therefore we are even more geared towards blasto. Plus she mentions my age concern. So here we go.

Kk grades embbie from day 2 onwards on a scale of 1 to 5; with 5 being the best. Grade 3 and above are used for transfer and freezing. Grade 2 can be transfered if its the only one fertilised and patient wants to. However, grade 2 will not be frozen. Same for grade 1.

Good luck for your coming ET and keep us posted on your status.

To me, all these numbers and quality over quantity stories are just conversational. When whoever is mighty up there says it's time, it will land on you.
Good luck.

Quite true. Dr loh also shared thst he ever transfered a grade 2 embbie and it became a bfp and healthy birth.

Hopefully, this miracle will happen for all of us in the 2 ww regardless of tje quantiy snd quality of our rmbbies trsnsfered.

Did u ask if out of the 10 matured eggs are they any that r too matured n old to be fertilised? Ivf eliminated the men's sperm factors. So, if they dun get fertilised means is the women egg issue.

Sorry to say this. I do wonder if this outcome is due to the trigger shot was done too late. The initial date the review dr wanted the trigger and the date u proposed i remembered it was quite far apart.

Though dr loh was consulted, he is did not look at the history of the scanning results.

End of the day, is not the quantity that counts. Is the no of fertilized embryos we hv. So, dun wack on quantities but shld focus more on quality.

FOr my fresh i hv hugh dosage of gona~f. I only managed to retrieve 8 eggs but i get 5embyros out of it. ENough for one fresh and one FET.

Mesara,

I rem you stim for 2 more days than me even though our scan results for follicles were similar sizes. Did thd embryologist tell you ghe reason why for low transfer grade? Did they overstimulate and eggs were too 'mature'?

Well, now we just look forward and hope that the 2 we transfered will become a bfp for twins for us. Then there is no need for use for any froxen for s while.

Portia, that's my guess too. I still remembered the review dr insisted that the trigger to be done. IF not, the patient takes responsibility.

Portia thanks for the explanation. I will ask Dr this wed about the grading. I wonder does blasto have a different set of grading? I kinda remember someone told me grading has alphabets ? Or I remember wrongly.

The other 2 were discarded. I didn't ask were they too matured but just asked how many matured and good for icsi n she said 10. Ya review doc wanted to trigger on sunday and I asked to extend a day as follies were small. But in the end trigger was on wed nite coz of the public holiday. No clue why but dr tan said since I have endo its common to have this result on quality. When I visitwd dr.loh on sat he also said can stim till monday and wed trigger. Sunday was too early. This was after he scan me. Anyway too early also risky too late also risky. I am not gonna brood over this until my bt

Portia thanks for the explanation. I will ask Dr this wed about the grading. I wonder does blasto have a different set of grading? I kinda remember someone told me grading has alphabets ? Or I remember wrongly.
Yes, blastocysts have different ratibg i think. Maybe, you need to ask on wednesday and share with us.

The other 2 were discarded. I didn't ask were they too matured but just asked how many matured and good for icsi n she said 10. Ya review doc wanted to trigger on sunday and I asked to extend a day as follies were small. But in the end trigger was on wed nite coz of the public holiday. No clue why but dr tan said since I have endo its common to have this result on quality. When I visitwd dr.loh on sat he also said can stim till monday and wed trigger. Sunday was too early. This was after he scan me. Anyway too early also risky too late also risky. I am not gonna brood over this until my bt
Yap. It's over. Let's just look fwd and pray for a bfp!

Jklim,
Do we have an option to freeze? I was told that one of mine is a grade 2 with a unhealthy looking nucleus and hence cannot be frozen.

BAbe, new mgt, different ways of doing things. Under dr loh's time, grade 2 wun be discarded.

My gf did natural FET under dr Loh and transferred one grade 2 an another grade 3/4. Kana boy girl twins, now 4yrs old leow. Dr loh even said her grade 2 snow bb even made it!

That's dr loh, he wun waste any embyro.... n he was right... even grade 2 may make it to live birth...

BAbe, new mgt, different ways of doing things. Under dr loh's time, grade 2 wun be discarded.

My gf did natural FET under dr Loh and transferred one grade 2 an another grade 3/4. Kana boy girl twins, now 4yrs old leow. Dr loh even said her grade 2 snow bb even made it!

That's dr loh, he wun waste any embyro.... n he was right... even grade 2 may make it to live birth...
I guess as much... i specifically ask if i can freeze... answer is no cos it looks unhealthy and chances of it surviving the thaw is very low...

I guess as much... i specifically ask if i can freeze... answer is no cos it looks unhealthy and chances of it surviving the thaw is very low...

That's the conclusion based on how the embyro perceived to be.. which may not be the case always. I hv came across a few already. That's why i said, dr loh is the best. None in kkivf is comparable. My own views.

Hi ladies, today went to scanning. Linning 8.6. Wednesday is my ET. Review doctor told me to stop taking progynova from Wednesday. But the nurse in the reception asked me to continue with progynova even after my ET. Nurse told t
we need to continue taking progynova for three months if we r pregnant. Very confused. Can anyone advice?

Nurse told me to insert progesterone pessaries from back but it is written on the label to insert vaginally. Which one is better?

Anamika I'm thinking if doc suggests so why not ask him again to be sure? I mean non of us are medical professionals (I think hee). I would rather call doc to check to be sure.

The utrogestan was told to me to be inserted into vaginal.

Back