IVF/ICSI Support Group

Ron,
U mean dr cheng mentioned that all ivf transfers at all clinics are limited to 2 with immediate effect ?

Babybun,
U r given baby aspirin - cardiprin ? It is suppose to help thin our blood n "warms" our womb.

Farisah: you may feel more bloated once you start the injections. I went through two ivf cycles. First cycle was on meliane, lucrin and puregon. I only had one good embbie to transfer but it did not work out. I was then on meliane, lucrin and gonal-f for the second cycle. Managed to transfer two embbies, freeze one. You can find the rest of my story in the thread in support group for mid-term pregnancy termination.

JT, thanks for the confirmation. Trf 2 will reduce chances of bpf but again the more babies we carry, the more stressful it is. Previously i think that having twins is a bonus but dr told me better to hv a singleton. Less complications , less worries n now i appreciate his comments after going through a stressful n scary period during my pregnancy. Gd luck to u for ur cycle!

Queenie, my gonal-f dosage will be 375! Is age dependent n also if u hv history of pcos. My first fresh was 300. Now older so higher.

Hi Babybun & star baby, look like u all start stim on D2 or D3 of menses. Wonder why I only start on D5? Dun know can yeild any egg or not? Worried.....

Blulet, yes KKH w dr loh. Last fresh cycle in nov 2009, yield 8 eggs n 5 fertilized as embyos. This round dr loh up dosage from 300 to 375 iu. N he is added luveris jab from day5 of gonal-f. Tt means I will hv 3 injections a day from then till Hcg jab.

summer,
not sure why you are on D5 stims but am sure different doctors have different protocols. Don't worry too much, okay?
happy.gif
Gonna start my puregon tonight.

Hi, bb nn,
Thanks for the advice.. Called Dr Zou.. She say my foot no pain, shld b okie.. She ll see for me tmr whn I visit her.. Thanks..
Hi, hazel, I juz revealed my age grp, didn't I? Haha.. Juz pondering.. Cos I m 33 with no pcos, so m worried tt my gonal f seems on the high side.. But u hv put me @ ease.. Thanks.
Hmm.. Fariash, juz to check.. U jab lucrin in morning & gonal f @ nite? The KKH nurse ask me jab both @ morning..

Hi Sista's, had 2 miserable days. Today I tested, hpt looks - to me. I am prepared forth worse tomorrow.
Pink, Mel,itjabi,j03, thanks for all the support.
If I bfn I will take this as a lesson to better prepare for next cycle.
Btw, how are acupuncture at Dr.Zhou. Is it very painful. I am very scared of needles. Can she speak Eng, my Chinese is beyond hopeless

Lamby; whatever the result be strong k? Don't give up but there is still hope for tomorrow so don't give up. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst *hugz*

Hazel, Dr Loh put some of the patients on menopur to have more follicles. Is there a difference?

In my iui cycle, my eggs were growing too slow and last ditch, he changed to menopur and they started to grow faster.

Hope your new cycle will have many good follicles with good eggs.. ^^"

Lamby, dun give up! some times miracles do happen.

Anyway the acupuncture is almost pain free and sometimes u can even fall asleep. She has patients of other races, if they can communicate, you should have have any problems.. ^^"

hi Lamby,u using clear blue hpt?wat day isit?if AF hvnt reported still got chance..mayb jst late implantation,hang in there ok? *hugz

if u intend to start w dr.zou..go w an open mind.she's v friendly n she's well versed w kkh/sf loh or any pte hospital protocols n meds.accup needles r fine so they dun hurt u'll feel like mosquito bite,e current tat runs thro r intermittent n u dictate e intensity tat u r comfortable w.u can buy the herbal drink concoction if u like but she wont insist or hard-sell on them.normally i will update her on my report after scan/bt so she'll knw my progress n adjust my treatmnt accordingly.

Blubert, menopur contains fsh n LH. Fsh is to stimulate egg production. LH Is to mature the eggs n release (ovulate) them. Menopur cam be used independently. Luveris contains LH only & used together as gonal-f which contains fsh

Thanks Pink. Do u know how long after BFN will AF come. I see some even before BT right? Which is more common
I uses Guardian & Clearblue...like got more faint along the way...
I seriously would nit mind drinking the most horrible med but accupunture with needles e current feeling is something that I am afraid.. How long have u started with her...
She sounds friendly but I can't speak mandarin but contonese

Queenie - I jab Suprefact in the morning and Gonal-F at night. How come yours both injection in the morning? Maybe different hospital deifferent protocol.

I'm with NUH. Are u with KKH?

good morn Lamby> sori last nite i slept liao wen u posted me the Q:

i remember last time wen i -ve,my AF(usual heavy flow and not lite spotting)came 2days before e preg test.clear blue is e 'recommended' hpt coz it was used at kkh/Care.

i started w dr.zou since last year but my treatmnt r usually for a mth n more intensive(everyday) a week before the ET.however itz recommended 3-6mths before u start the ivf journey..i lazy..hee.dun wori too much on the fine needles,just relax..under her expert nimble fingers u wldnt even feel a thing unlike the hospital needles
happy.gif
.i oso not well versed in mandarin but w my spattering mandarin mix w english she understood wat was said.most of her patients r undergoin fertility treatmnt,u mite even meet some forum sistas ther
happy.gif
if u more comfy w cantonese,go ahead coz i remembered a old patient of hers converse cantonese to her..so 'mo man tai' ;)
(if u hv any ivf reports eg scans/eggs/follicles results/embbies grades/pix tat'll b helpful..show her).her accup very reasonable...20mins front/20mins back total cost $25 but plz make appmnt 1st!wed close.

i did my last 2ivf at kkh so balance embbies were tranf to Care for apr cycle/regulated FET.Care charges r: admn fee $150,consultation fee $50.(must oso pay fees at kkh to release emmbies.consent forms/documentation must b done by both u n DH at both kkh and Care.bring along marriage cert for photocopy.)charges at Care is def more coz they monitor u closely thro BT n more supports/meds given.i'm v happy n comfortable w the staff there esp Angela..she's like dr.zou v friendly,motherly n shows genuine concern for my well being.i get the personalised service tat was lacking at kkh due to the many patients there.u can claim medisave to cover partial cost,angie will gv u form to sign.

i'm off now to run errands..will b bk by noon.chat later
happy.gif

Sista's, I am still here waiting for my turn. Thanks for all the courage, wishes & kind thoughts. No matter what the outcome. I will always remember all of u!

Pink, thanks for the detail info. I really appreciate it.
I hope u BFP under Care this round. At least u have frozen embbies, mine only got 1...so neither Here nor there..

hi Lamby: tho i transf all my 6 embbies fm kkh to Care,only 3 used for ET(last 3) coz the remainin 3...1 din make it n 2 of low grade so they were discarded.so i'm alot like u..pinning hopes on my last embbies!hope by sharin my wonderful experience w Care u can hv anoth alternative option.

i'v just got bk fm Care(n took an aftern nap).since my Progesterone level was lower than the 100 min mark..Angela has started Progesterone jabs on me.it comes in a small brown glass vials tat has to be done everyday by a qualified GP or at Care or DH.this progesterone jabs r in addition to my Crinone inserts n Utro pills..

i'm actually not complainin for the extra support.this is the difference between pte n kkh.i remembered wen in kkh i dint do much BT n i wasnt given much more support than the usual meds after ET.i was just a name in the long Queue n a sf loh patient like evryone else waiting to see him.

now tat i'm being monitored more closely..BT evry 3-4days for E2 n Progesterone levels..i think i may hv a chance at BFP tis cycle.now tat i knw progesterone levels din rise to desired level last FET round/done at KKH,my miscarriage could/mite be averted..as they say..progesterone IS the Pregnancy Hormone.

Lamby n Dj: hope u ladies can share ur news w us.if u dun feel comfortable or need some time/privacy...i'm sure we'll all understand..WE ARE HERE FOR BOTH OF YOU *hugz

Hi clb, goh, melodi, ltjabi and other gals who bfp under kkh..
Did u all receive any great eastern insurance plan which we bought earlier during et? Will we or should we receive anything fr great eastern to find out what is cover and what is not? Thk u..

J03, I have not received anything from KK yet. Even the bills also haven't. Have you gals received the bills already besides insurance?

hi j03> i remmebered u shld receive a large envelope addrz to ur hse(or any address written on ur application form) after it has been processed.same like any other policies w a more detailed look on coverage.u shld chk ur post box..

Back