IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

Hi Bubbli,

I am having white/yellowish discharge and cramps during my 2ww.. Im at D7 today, is that normal? i am on pregyl jabs and progynova tablets

Sorry getting kan cheong now and i hope for no reason..

Thanks

Posted on Friday, August 19, 2011 - 4:45 pm:   
Hi Ziah..

Yellowish & white discharge... It can be from ur progynova n pregnyl... Does ur discharge cause itchiness... If it does.. Can be infection..

Hving cramps is k if mild... If u r very worried call the clinic to check just in case.. Some cramps can be uterus expanding... So dun worry.. Monitor n if u feel too painful.. Drop by to O&G KKH 24hrs..

Lie on ur bed if hving cramps.. It will help

Assalamualaikum..Semua....

Hope all r doing well....Esok dah raya...Hope this ramadhan n raya has brought us to a new beginning and berkat for all..Insya--allah Amin...

Saya mengucapkan...Selamat Hari Raya Aidilifitri & Mohon Maaf Zahir Dan Batin to all...Semoga berbahagia selalu disamping kerluarga yang tersayang....;-)

Take care all..;-)

Assalamu'alaikum bubbli and the sistas here,
I hope ur journey is gg fruitful for all of u esp sis Ziah..
I hv decided to try IVF again in Dec so that by january I will have new HL to play with..heehee
Right now,I am trying naturally and hoping that Allah swt will answer my prayers some day..

Sis Nadia, ur suppression will start soon and I wish u all e best and may Allah swt reward u with good news soon..

To all the Muslim sisters here, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri dan semoga do'a dan harapan kita dimakbulkan Allah swt..Amin ya rabbal Alamin

Walaikumsalam Rashal...

Oh good to hear..wish u all the best ...

Selamat Hari Raya to u too..Insya-allah HE will ansers all our prayers soon..

Thanks dear..Me started the suppression today..:)
Hope all goes well from here on..;-)

Salams sisters,

Rashal, My cycle didnt turn out the way we would lik eit to be. Its a negative. I guess belum rezki i.. Nevertheless we are fine and better now. I have cried my eyes and hearts out and now me any my husband are stronger and ready to move on and try all over again.

Bubbli, Thanks for all the advise. I wish you luck in this cycle ok yang. Insya Allah, allah will hear what ever prayers and wishes..

I will be seeing my dr again on tues to see the next plan of action..

Salam Sisters,

I have been a silent reader for some time now and this is my first time posting to this thread. A short intro about myself:

Insya'Allah, I will be undergoing IVF mid to late Sept. That is, this month. This will be my 1st IVF cycle. Currently, waiting for AF to start. But my AF from last month still not finished yet. So, IVF might be postponed to next month. I have PCOS as well. Currently with Prof Wong in NUH.

Its really nice and reassuring to know that is a group for Muslimahs undergoing IVF here as well.
To all those sisters currently going IVF, insya'Allah, it will be successful. And to the rest of us, pray that our dreams will come true as well.

Amin.

Hi Ziah....

Glad u n hubbie have move on strong...The next journey ..Insya-allah will be fruitful..Check with ur dr on wat protocol he has for u....Wish u all the best...

Thanks for the wish dear..;-)

Hi Shakey...

Welcome....Hmm ur AF seems long...havent finish...Urs will be a long protocol? Wish u all the best dear...;-)

To all Sistas...we will succeed eventually ..Maybe not now...But soon..We have to persevere and move on forward..It's k to fall a few steps behind...When we fail, it really felt like we have lost part of us...But we know maybe we didn't make it for a reason which we may not know now....Insya-allah our hope and dreams to be come parents will come true...Amin...;-)

Hi Bubbli,

Thank you! My AF has always been long. Only recently, its been longer. Early this year, it went on for about 3 months. I will see how it goes for another week or so. If still persists, then I think I will contact the clinic to check what my next steps will be.

I read that you have started your suppression. Whats that, eh? I just started this whole IVF thingy so i still new to most IVF terms. Maybe once i started doing the injections, then i will learn the language. Hehe..

Its been a 2 years battle for me and DH with TTC. All my other friends who got married after me has either given birth already or due soon. I got depressed last year watching and hearing my friends announcing their pregnancies. I know its bad of me but i just cant help it. It got soo bad till it kind of affected my marriage. But Alhamdulillah, we are doing great now despite the circumstances.

We did not try IUI and skipped to IVF because my right fallopian tube is blocked and the left is partially blocked. So, we figured we have better chances with IVF. Anyone here with blocked tubes?

Oh yes! Selamat Hari Raya to all!!

Hi Shakey...

Hmm that's super long menses....Hmm not good for the body...Dr didn't prescribe anything to stabilise it? Hopefully it will stop..Ur menses is full flow for 3 mths or spotting?

Suppression is the 2nd stage of IVF...Normally for long protocol IVF..There are OCP Stage (Taking birth control pills), Suppression Stage (Doing daily injection to suppress hormone), Stimulation Stage (Daily injection to stimulate ur follicles to grow roughly abt 10-12 days), Egg Retrieval Stage, Egg Transfer Stage and lastly the Result Stage la...

All these stages can be overwhelming bila dengar...hehe..Dun frighten urself..Go with the flow..All will be fine...

Hmm it's nvr easy hearing friends or relatives getting pregnant...Very true...I have been married for 9 yrs plus..It does affect me too..sometimes..But nowadays dah numb...Well just need to be hepi for them ..At least they dun have to suffer like us..Rezeki masing masing kan...Our turn will come soon..Just have to be patient...

I have PCOS like u too..I didn't do IUI..Did clomid but was unsuccessful...then straight to IVF..this is my 2nd cycle...

I have heard sistas with blocked tubes being successful in IVF..so dun worry...U r under Prof Wong is it? Heard he is good dr...

Selamat Hari Raya to u too...;-)..N Hepi Weekend

Hi Bubbli,

Been quiet here.. Suma mood raya gaknya! Heheh.. I no mood oredi. Cam tak sabar nak buat IVF. Sorry for the late response. Its been soo busy at work. Hardly time to eat oso..

Early this year, i was prescribed pills which was meant to induce AF but can also work to stop AF. It worked and the next cycle was normal. Now its starting back.. But skarang, looks like its finishin. I think in a cpl of weeks, my new cycle starts so i will start on my IVF. I think mine is the short protocol. I will straightaway go to the Stimulation stage once my AF starts. Half excited and half nervous! I got watch sometimes the tv show, Giuliana & Bill. Heard of it? Its this famous couple who is also going thru IVF. Very interesting.

Insyallah sis, our time will come. Pray your cycle is successful this time.

Yup, im under Prof Wong. He was assigned to me. Anyone under him too? Where are you doing your IVF?

Hi Shakey,

I love that show too!.. I'm so hooked on E.. Kinda can relate to her ivf situation.. hee..

anyway good luck for your cycling. I may start cycling again this nov..

Hi Shakey...

Yup semua tgh mood raya....Bagusla..;-)

Hmm shld short protocol cycle for u...In this forum ada link for NUH patients...u can drop by there too...I hv a fren under NUH too..but she has graduated...Baru bersalin abt 3 days before raya....;-)

Oh yes I have seen that show..they are starting a new season tak salah in September..I have seen other documentaries too..Test Tube Babies...Also under Discovery Health Channel..Tapi tak tau masih ada lagi ke tak....Very interesting..both r in fact...;-)

Yes our time will come soon...Insya-allah Amin....U r in good hands with Prof Wong...I am doing mine in CARE..;-)

Hi Ladies,

Nak tanya sikit, before u guys made a decision to go through ivf, have u went through clomid(clomiphene) as such?

Hi Nur...

Welcome.. I was on clomid for 6 mths..but no result.. Dr suggest SO IUI or IVF...

Has ur dr run test before he suggest clomid?

Hi bubbli,

Yah, I went through hsg test, sperm test and etc. Fallopian tubes are not blocked and test all ok. Just diagnosed pcos. So i just ended first round clomid of 50mg plus metformin. Donnoe what to expect actually and thinking of next best solution should clomid fails on me..

Btw, thanks for replying, I've been a silent reader only..;)

Hi Nur..

Clomid max is abt 6 mths of dosage .. Mine is up to max dosage but no news... Urs n mine the same.. Me hv pcos too n no other problems... U can discuss with ur dr on the next step.. Normally on clomid they do run blood test to see whether u r ovulating.. I didnt ovulate at all so thats y clomid fail..

I wasnt keen in SO IUI.. cos of low success rate.. Decided to do IVF instead...

Wish u all the best dear...

Hi Ziah & Bubbli! I know! I love that show too!! Soo relatable. I wonder how is their progress now. Thanks and good luck on your cycles!

Hi Nur,

I did clomid too for 6mths and failed as well. Like Bubbli, we decided to go thru IVF cos of SO IUI low success rate. Wish you all the best on your TTC!

***Gross Alert!***
Ok, im kind of freaking out a bit. My AF has just ONLY ended and today, i see fresh blood. Not a lot but like a big spot on my pantyliner. My bleeding from my previous cycle stopped about a week ago and the brownish discharge cleared out about 2 days ago. But today, i have a lot of brownish discharge and now this blood spotting..

I am supposed to go down to NUH the next day of my 1st day of AF but now im confused. Is this considered as my new cycle already??

Shakey...

Yup can't wait for their new season to be out...

Hmm ur AF restarting again? It can be possible it's old blood...Meaning ur AF has not fully cleared...Y dun u call NUH and ask them..Most likely they may ask u to go down to do a scan...

Hey ladies,

So i called NUH and they suggested i go down and see Prof Wong to scan and find out whats wrong. My appt is tomorrow morning.

IVF might need to be postponed if i need to be on pills to regulate the menses. Sob sob.. I dont want IVF to be postponed. I have been looking forward to it for soo long... Hopefully, Prof Wong say that I can go ahead.

One thing sucks for sure is the waiting.. *sigh*

I've went for blood test and I'm not ovulating. Doc prescribed higher dosage this time round. I don't know if it's gonna work.
Under what time frame shall I wait before I proceed to ivf?
I'm coming 27 yrs this year n only married about 1 year n 5 months..
Am I rushing myself? N sorry I invaded ur ivf discussion..;)

Shakey... Good.. Let him scan n see wat he says... It's better to cure all hiccups n b4 u embark on ivf... U wldnt wan any hiccups when u r in midst of it... Dun worry... Patience pays...,hopefully all go well...

Nur.. U r still young... N married not long.. Y dun give clomid a shot... Boost ur body... Do tcm if u wan too... IVF is not an easy process... And we hv to be mindful too that it is not a guaranteed success either... Hopefully ur 2nd round is fruitful dear...

Thanks shakey and bubbly for the responses..

Yeah I guess I should try clomid first and hopefully it works.

Good luck to u all too..
happy.gif

Hi Nur,

No need sorry2 k.. You are welcome to ask. Infertility can be really lonely sometimes. We have friends around but unless they have experienced it, they wont really understand. I been in your position before so ask anything and I hope i can help. Im still new in this as well. Will be 27 this coming Sunday and 2 years and 2 months into marriage. This IVF will be my 1st cycle.

I was diagnosed with PCOS mid of last year and went thru 6 months of clomid + metamorphine. No luck. Did not ovulate even at the highest dosage. Then, i did HSG and found out about the blocked tubes. Offered a choice of SO IUI or IVF. Me and hubby took a few months to finally decide on IVF. So we are now just starting on our IVF journey.

While we were TTC naturally and failed, alot of people say, "Its ok. you are still young." But i decided to just go for a test to find out whats wrong and I am glad that we "rushed" into it. If we did not, I think we would still be struggling.

I think you should try the clomid out till the doc says that he can no longer prescribed you. The highest i think is 150mg. If its still not working, then the doc will sit down with you and discuss your options. Then you discuss with your hubby for the bestest option that will work for the both of you. Different couples work differently.

Sorry for the long winded entry. Hope my story helps you out a lil'.
happy.gif

Bubbli, true what you said. better now than in the midst of IVF. I will try to be patient. I need to. Hahaha..

Is there any sort of thing that you can do to prepare for IVF? Like what can eat or cannot. What things we need to be careful of?

Hi shakey,

Nvm about the long entry! Means a lot and at least I have people who are through the same thing..
Thanks for the update of ur case!
happy.gif

And the thing is I've went through hsg and my tubes are clear. Hmmm yah, I will continue with my second round of clomid with higher dosage and see what happens.

If I don't act now, I will be prolonging the problem, thaw why I'm trying to find a soution(hopefully).. HehheWe..

Thanks!

Nur.. What Shakey says is true... U r dg something in conceiving... So its still k... Go for max dose like wat Shakey mention.. Then discuss with ur dr on next step..;-)

Shakey.. Yes patience is a must in IVF.. Esp when comes to 2ww... Anxious.. Exciting.. Etc etc Period ... ;-)..

There a few things u can do to prepare.. Eat folic acid.. Conceive well blackmore.. Vit c... Eat healthily meaning lots of protein food.. E.g fish, veggie, meat, fruits.. Avoid all cooling stuff.. Cold drinks, coffee, tea, white veggies, local fruits is a no no.. Exercise impt for gd blood circulation... U can drink longan, wolfberry n red dates to keep womb warm n for blood circulation too..

Some go for tcm accupunture to promote good bllod circulation to the body.. Allow gd egg growth..

Do watever u can ... Dun force on urself too much... Living in stress free environment helps too..;-)

Since u hv pcos.. U can hv many eggs stimulated which can cause OHSS.. so u need to pump raw egg whites during stim or after er to prevent ohss... Try kampung eggs.. They r better..;-)

Hope all our effort will pay off...

Thanks Bubbli! Some of them sounds yucky! Like raw egg whites. You mean, i have to "drink" them?? Looks like i will need to go shopping soon! Yeay!

Im a short tempered person so stress free environment is impt. I have started to develop a mindset that Im pregnant so that i will be more careful with myself cos I am also clumsy. Always bump into things. Gotta walk slowly now.

Insyallah it will be paid off.

Update from my doc appt today. My IVF is postponed to next mth. Im given meds (Duphaston) to control my AF for 2 weeks. Hopefully the plan goes well. Segalanya, Allah S.W.T menentukan. Amin..
happy.gif

HI Shakey...

Yum some is really argh....but we have to need to maintain the good protein level we need...U can take egg whites during stimulation...Yup must take raw as possible..Tutup hidung and minum la..That's wat I do...

Hmm good that u r learning to be more careful..Stress free will allow ur eggs to grow nicely...and we need that during IVF..;-)

It's k to postpone next mth...dah tak jauh tu..lagi 2 more weeks...Hope all goes well for u..

Take care...;-)

Alim... I know which tcm is that.. Went there b4... But didnt like it.. She ask patients to c Dr Christopher Chen at Glen E... Cost a bomb for us... There r few feedbacks abt her actually .. + n -... u hv to go there very early for q no...

Anyone can advice on the following

i have friend telling me not to take soya product from now onwards because the egg will be harden, my day 21 1st injection start on 28 sep but i saw the posting do n dont stage 2 take soya product high protein, confuse?

Thank you

Looking forward, is this true? I have been googling but i see mixed advices. Some say don't take. Some say can take but limit it. So, im not sure. I been drinking soya thinking the dairy intake can help.

Hi Lookingforward n Shakey...

Soya bean drink is cooling so not gd for us... Advisable to avoid or drink in moderation only... It does harden the egg shell.. But assisted hatching may be done if embryologist find them hard to be fertilised...

Try to maintain gd healthy meals while on ivf.. Cooling stuff is a no no...

Wish u gals all the best..;-)

Hi Bubbli, thanks for that info. Will definitely keep that in mind.

Today i have started my stimms. 1st day on Gonal F, dosage is low @ 75. Asked for MC today but tmr will be back to work. Have planned to take leave few days before the HL next week.. Been wanting this for soo long n cant believe i am finally 1 step closer to mummy dream.

BABY DUST to all.... Amin..

Shakey....

Gd u start stim... Do pump in protein n do slow brisk walk.... All this will help egg growth... It did for me... Yield better eggs this time... Hmm ur dosage is low... Most likely they dun wan u to be too overstimulated...

Do eat healthily as well... Stay stress free... When is ur 1st scan?

Take care dear...

Thanks Bubbli! My 1st scan is supposed to be on Sat but might change to Fri if Prof cannot make it on Sat.

Yup, dosage is low for now cos i have PCOS to avoid OHSS. What is the normal dosage?

Hi Shakey...

Best of luck... U will lots of follicles growing nicely... There is no norm dose.. Dosage depends on dr review.. Some go by age... Some go by bt result... Mine was 225iu then reduce to 175iu.. Got PCOS so too many follicles stimulated.. Luckily didnt suffer from severe OHSS.. I maintain good protein diet ... So far so good...

Remember to take lots of egg white if too bloated... Prevention is better.. It will help alot..;-)

Hey ladies, juz wanna find an outlet to pour the sadness in me as i guess we r prolly on the same boat..Im currently with KKH Dr Tan HH, im managed to ovulate with 150mg clomid, however since i had done the HSG and got myself an infection during the procedure, my dr decide to do Laparoscopy to further check my tube cuz he suspected my tubes which mula2 tak block might hv already blocked or worse damaged due to the infection. I was happy for a while when the dr said im ovulating but somehow my happiness was shortlived. i know going thru IVF is not a smooth n easy journey.But it will be the ultimate if my tubes r indeed in a bad shape. Juz wanna ask if any1 of u underwent Laparoscopy? Izzit painful tak? So sad+disappointed cuz lately been hearing close frens got knocked up naturally while im trying so hard..Wanted to feel happy for them but i juz can't help to feel jealous. I truly admired u ladies who had underwent setbacks n still managed to chin up.

Hi Sue Ann...

Welcome... Sorry to hear abt ur infection... Nvr knew it can get so serious.. Laproscopy is a keyhole surgery... They will poke on ur tummy or navel i tink with a scope to see wats happening inside n rectify ur problems if need be... Pain hmm.. U may feel some pain or discomfort... I nvr gone tru it... Since its a surgery u will feel some pain or dscomfort..

Hopefully ur tubes r k when they check... IVF isnt easy definitely.. Long process with lots of anxiety... Dun worry .. Take 1 step at a time...

Its natural for us to feel jealous when others can get pregnant easily.. Popping 1 after another... Our time will come.. We need to be patient.. Keep the faith n continue praying n hopefully HE will answer our prayers soon..

U take care dear...

Hi Sue Ann,

This one i can share coz i've been through it twice.
So rgt now, i have like 5 holes ard my belly area.
happy.gif
.. 2 from the first surgery and 3 from the 2nd one..

Its less evasive than an open surgery of coz and pain is minimal. Pain only initially after the operation. Also some doctors will treat this as an out-patient surgery. that means you can go back home a few hours after the surgery.

But for mine, both of the surgeries, im warded coz i had severe endometriosis. and they have to monitor.

But i would say its painful but manageable. you should need help the initial couple of days but after that you can resume your daily routine.

But of coz makan after that must pantang sikit lah..

Hope this helps ok!
happy.gif

Hi Bubbli n Ziah! Thk u for ur response n advice, lovelies! I went for my appt wif my dr n he review my case again n now Im referred straight to IVF. It's been overwhelm for me cuz I do not what to expect, I gonna hv my ivf briefing on 16 nov.. Seriously ladies, nid sun advice watever u gals can throw in cuz it will be my every 1st time doin IVF n I was told by my dr it will be lOng protocol, ok what is the diff btwn short n long.

Hi Sue...

Long Protocol is abt 6 - 8 weeks... It starts with microgynon (birth control pills).. Then suppression will start with Lucrin injections... Once hormones suppress which is confirm by scan n bllod test.. U can start on stimulation 2 days later either with Puregon or Gonalf... Once ur follicles hv grown a min of 18mm n lining more than 8mm.. They will trigger the shot for egg retrieval... Then u will hv ur ER, ET then ur 2ww..

Short protocol will start with stimulation upon arrival of menses... Very short process .. Abt 2 weeks..

Do check with the nurses there on when u r commencing as u do not want to clash with their dec closure for 2 weeks for cleaning purposes...

Wish u all the best..;-)

Hi Sue-Ann, Welcome!! Sorry for the late response.

I would not be able to advise you on Laparoscopy because I have never went under. Have you went for it already? The infection, how did it get infected? Were their instruments not sterile or cleaned properly? I think you better check dear. Claim compensation from KKH if its their negligence.

IVF is indeed not a smooth journey. I am currently undergoing thru it and its not easy to control my emotions. Get happy one moment, then sad the next. I think this applies to all who have been TTC-ing for years too. I can understand you babe. I feel you. I have 5 of my frens, mostly who got married after me, given birth or currently pregnant. Its normal to feel jealous. In fact, i still am. Its something that i dont think i can get used to. But, with the support of frens and family, they make it better.

Are your family and frens aware about your TTC-ing. Get comfort with someone you trust. Its not easy to tell them cos i know you will feel like its shameful but it will do wonders when you find support in your loved ones. Especially your hubby. Banyak2 berdoa kepadaNYA. Insya'allah babe our time will come soon.

Since you are able to ovulate on clomid, then i think you should not try IVF. Try IUI first but if your tubes are blocked like mine, then i think IVF is the only choice. Other than that, try to go for urut or acupuncture which i heard are helpful too.

Salam dear sisters...
Alhamdulillah, I am so happy to have found this forum. At the very least, I can pour out my worries (about conceiving) and also read about your experience.
I've been trying for 2 yrs now but to no avail. Went to TFC but the doc said all is normal for the both of us although we are not convinced cos my hubby ada teratozoospermia (doc said tt he wldn't worry about that). We even went for SO-IUI but to no avail. After 4 more months of trying out naturally again after that, we decided to go for a 2nd opinion with Dr Kelly Looi (from CARE; together with Mt E). She said altho it's not impossible for me to conceive despite my hubby's condition, the chance is slim as compared to normal couples as the problem may lie in the fact that my hubby's sperms (mostly abnormal) cannot fertilise my egg. So, even IUI may be of no difference.
She said I'm still young and that I can try naturally if I want to (though the chance will still be slim) but at the same time, IVF ICSI may definitely increase my chance of conceiving.

Problem is, time is a factor for me. My father-in-law is sick and if possible, I wld want him to be able to see his grandchild before he passes on (altho he has never pressured me to). Should I proceed with IVF? If I put the cost aside, my worry is if the cycle fail, i may be emotionally distraught. It's already emotionally draining month after month after trying so hard but IVF..it'll be more straining...should i?

Salam Mama Leen...

Hmm ur situation was almost same like mine..whereby I wanted give a grandchild to my father in law when we knew he was very sick...I made the decision to try IVF after 4 years of on hold...

I am the one having fertility issue..Hubbie is fine...So we went tru the cycle...Of cos 1 factor we have to take note always is IVF is not 100% guarantee...So we have to be prepared for the -ve outcome as well...It's really a tough and emotional journey...We have to bear in mind to have the strength to push tru all ups and downs in this journey before embarking...If not it will be too distraught for us to move on from there...(that's my thot)...

For my case I didn't managed to fulfill the dream I have..My father in law passed away early this year...So I didn't manage to give a good news...Quite a sad moment for all of us..But one thing I am glad I did give a shot at it....So had no regrets doing it either...

Since u r saying u r young but drs r saying ur chance is slim...If u really wan to give this IVF a shot y dun u try...If this is really wat u wan and is the best for your family..Go for it dear...Just remember to be strong and keep on praying to HIM for the strength and guidance we need...Insya-allah all will be fine..;-)

Salam Bubbli..

Thank you for sharing and so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Salam takziah. Semoga rohnya selalu dicucuri rahmatNya.

Ya..i agree abt being mentally n emotionally prepared. That is my biggest worry cos altho i may be positive that i want to give it a shot and that i tell myself that i'm prepared, i'm worried that if the time comes, i may not be prepared afterall.

But insyaAllah, i have Him as my motivation cos at the end of the day, He tentukan for all of us.

*worried*

Back