IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

highhopes

Salam to all. I've just started on the IVF prog this Ramadhan & now on microgynon medication. I'll be starting on Lucrin injection nx tues. Just wondering if any of u ladies have gone thru or are currently going thru this amidst the fasting mth. How did u cope with it?

salam highhopes...hw was ur ivf? I have just started
lucrin injection on 31st Dec..i hope urs went well

Evening nadia..i've joined the above forum like u mentioned but i am also hoping mayb some muslims here hv gone thru ivf and can discuss other things eg halal vitamins or supplements..

Salam rashal, I've not gone through any IVF and may not have to...but I've friends who went through this 'challenging' procedures. I'm a pharmacist and so I usually will help my friends in terms of taking extra nutrition for their health. When I saw that you may be keen to look at vitamins and minerals, I quickly write in because I'm so happy that you do consider this in your IVF journey. Not many people do, you see and to me, its a waste. Because, many times after going through IVF, some friends do suffer a miscarriage and I always try to explain the importance of having a good body (healthy) in order to have a successful procedure. So, I'm willing to share my knowledge with you in this aspect, I'm also a health consultant for the last 3 years. Nice to meet you!

Salam all,

here's a bit about myself. I was scheduled for ivf last October but was postponed. Next appt will be on 27/01/11 to sign the consent.

Hi Rashal,

care to share a lil bit more about ur journey? Where ure doing ur ivf, ur doctor... Thanks..

rashal: I am taking vits too..to prepare my body for the upcoming FET...I took this during my cycle too...

This r the things I take at the moment: Royal Jelly (before meal), Vit C, COQ10, Conceive gold Blackmores, Folic Acid, Spirulina..Soon I will be taking Immunocal too...

Immunocal is good during Stage 2...high in proteins..can avoid getting OHSS...unless u wan to eat egg whites...

There r other thing i take as well..alternate days..chixs ess, bird nest and longan with red date and wolfberries...

I am also undergg accu with Dr Zou and taking her herbs as well..;-)

U can chat with the sistas there in the forum...they will be able to advise too..hope this helps...

tintedhopes: y dun u join us in the other forum..more support...;-)

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/154014.html?1294705285

tintedhopes: sorry for my late reply..i can only get hold of the internet after i've reached home at 530pm..i am now doing ivf at kkh and my dr is dr loh..started lucrin on 31 Dec and signed the consent on 9 Nov..hw abt u? wic hospital u signing the consent?

starry:salam to u too starry..yes i am looking forward to consuming vitamins and minerals which may help me during my ivf journey esp halal ones..so if u do have any recommendations, do feel free to post or pm me..i am most glad to hear..

nadia:wow...u are taking a lot of vitamins..i do hope it will help u..btw,wic stage are u in now?mayb i can buy immunocal from u once i've reached the next stage..

Rashal: the vits i eat r those i got to know from sistas from the ivf group... Yup hope it will help me.. I am not in any stage rite now.. Nxt mth doing FET... the immunocal u can either buy from OG or order in bulk by combining ur order via this website... Fungopharmacy .. Wait i will check for u the exact add... Order 10 box get 1 free...

Salam Nadia..thx for being such a big help..yeah i read in the forum tt by consuming immunocal and egg whites do help the body during ER or ET..will definitely refer to the website u mention once i get to stage 2..tomorrow is my appt at kkh to rest bt and u/s..dunno wat these 2checks are for..

Rashal: ur u/s & bt is to check whether u r suppress enuff to proceed to Stage 2..;-)....wish u all the best...abt 10 days or so of Stage 2..u will be hving ur ET..;-)..If u can take egg whites..then u may not need Immunocal..unless u wan to take both also can...or either one...Maintain high protein..and drink lots of water....

Avoid any soya products as it can harden the egg shell of your follicles...

Exercise and maintain healthy diet is also important..;-)

Best of luck dear..

nadia: its a bit too kecoh there, haha...im kinda new so i feel more comfortable here
happy.gif
but ive been a silent reader at the other forum. Can tell me whats FET ?

rashal: im at KKIVF too. and under Dr SF Loh as well. ive only met him once though. hee. can u tell me more about what will be done on the registration day and how much cash i need to prepare. I went for the financial counselling months ago and can barely remember what i was told.

nadia: i havent start on any stage yet, can i take all the supplements u mentioned? i will be going down to KKH today, so if can than i can get them from the pharm

tintedhopes: FET..is frozen egg transfer..I failed my 1st IVF in last year Aug..so next mth going for tranfer..;-)

For the registration u need to pay ard:
Registration + V scan + Blood Test (Hubbie & Wife): S$ 435.18

yup u can take the supplements now..some sistas took 3 mths prior to IVF..for me I took it abt 1 mth plus before that..;-)..u dun have to eat all the supplement like i do...up to individual..

U can get the Concieve Well Gold Blackmores from Guardian..I tink they r having promo 50% off..not sure whether still have the promo or not..

the COQ10 is an ingredient in the conceive gold..but I took extra under GNC...just remember there r other pharmacy selling it too ..but do check for Halal certification..cos some contain gelatin...

I bought the Vit C & COQ10 under GNC...applied the membership so sometimes can get discount promo...I can use the points to offset the purchase..

The chix ess is combined with wolfberry under Eu Yan Sang..apply membership..u get back as a $15 voucher abt 3 mths time..can offset for ur next purchase...They also sell the Conceive Gold Blackmores...at 5% off membership price..

Hope the above help...remember to drink abt 2l of water daily..cos it can be heaty to your body...

tintedhopes: u welcome...it's k dear..i have move on from there..I always keep in mind that IVF is not 100% either..but I am still trying..My turn will come...Have to be patient and have faith...;-)...Can't wait to see my embbies next mth...;-)

Take care..and remember to stay positive and take things 1 at a time...;-)

Tinted hopes: i am at kkh nw..done u/s n bt..bt results will b out in e aftnn so once results out then can start the puregon injection if i m nt wrong..yes the registration will cost ard $415 like wat nadia said..

Nadia: i heard the blackmores conceive well gold is good but is it halal? If it is, then aft kkh appt i may wanna buy it.i pray tt all of us will preg soon..i hv been ttc for 4 yrs nw..

Rashal: yes Blackmore is halal ....certification comes from Australia..Dr Loh do recommend to eat them as well..

I have been ttc for almost 9 years...and still gg..;-)

nadia: you with Dr Loh too?

rashal: u at kkh now? i will be there prolly in late afternoon. will rush down after work for hubby's blood test.

I have been TTC for 2 years. Nadia, ure such a strong woman. TTC for 9 years and still very positive. I wish im like you. I postponed my ivf partly because im afraid to face failure. And when i hear friends/relatives getting preg soon after getting married, i get so upset.

Im glad there's this forum that we can share things with. I hope all of us will get pregnant soon too!

tintedhopes: me with Dr Sadhana...;-)

Well I have postponed it since 2004 for IVF..imagine...hehe...not strong enuff to do the injections..and of cos the weight gain and failure is also a concern..but Alhamdulillah..manage to overcome all of it..Even when I fail earlier..I wasn't so very very upset..Of cos sadness is there..but It didn't bring me down that much..So positiveness is important..our journey isn't easy..so must always remind ourself to be strong..keep on moving no matter wat obstacle may come...hubbies also must be supportive...;-)

For me I learn alot from the forum ladies here..glad I found the forum..if not lost..

Hello Rashal and ladies here, I will only recommend Pharmanex brand of supplement for two reasons: Safety and efficacy..This I can guarantee because of their 6S quality process. It manufacture supplements just like drugs.I only recommend the basics Lifepak and Marine omega plus cordyceps and Gingko. But both husband and wife must consume.

Hi mdmman,
My friend also can't get pregnant until they came across a Japan product. It's not oral medication or any painful surgery. It's a natural pdt. If you keen to know more, pls PM me. Thanks
happy.gif

Suitable for Muslim friends

Just wanna share since it had helped my friend.
happy.gif

Hi warriorangel..wat is pdt?

Nadia: it does makes me feel envious wen i see pple pregnant aft the got married..DH n me am happy for those couples yet inside we are yearning to hv one..went through iui at thomson and clomid at dr aziz but no rezeki yet..so me n hubby is trying to go for ivf..though i noe there will b injections
But nvr stop trying and have faith..i do hope i can also b strong like u to face any results that may come..btw can i ask u whether puregon injection is painful?

Tintedhopes: i left kkh at 12nn juz nw..the nurse called me and said i can start my lucrin n puregon injection on 15 Jan..update me yah on ur registration process

Tintedhopes

Rashal: envy is common...It's alrite..everyone yearn for one...I do too..very much...especially as we grow older every year..the anxiousness is more..;-) ..dun worry u will be strong like me...all of us r actually...especially those gg tru IVF..Puregon is not painful..just remember dun push to hard when u pushing in the Puregon cos the knob is abit hard to push in...as time goes by you will find that it's harder for u to push in as if the skin gets tihicker kind of feeling..but it's normal no worries...remember up your protein intake from now on...

Congrats on embarking Stage 2..nearing to ET alreadi...;-)

Nadia: the nurse was teaching me juz nw on a fake cushy ball..even then it was hard to push in the needle still muz support the puregon pen..i m so fortunate to stumble upon this forum where i feel tt i am nt alone in this ivf journey esp since i've found fellow muslimah undergg the same treatment as me..i went to guardian cent sq and the blackmores conceive well gold is out of stock..any idea wic other guardian outlet selling this?

Rashal: yup injecting Puregon is not easy..it will be easy after 2 or 3 tries..not a problem...

Hmm not sure where else...I bought from Eu Yan Sang..but only 5% discount under membership...

watsons selling blackmores conceive well gold @$46

im gonna go and check out the prices at other pharmacies later during lunch, will keep u updated!

Tintedhppes: wic watsons did u go to? Tit i wanna get it by today so can prepare my body

Nadia: do u know wat is puregon for?

Rashal: Puregon is stimulation stage whereby they make ur eggs n lining grow... So during this period lots of protein intake is important...u feel some twitching at both side of ovaries.. Sometime u feel bloated or heavy to walk which is normal... After 7 days of Puregon... U will go for ur 1 st scan to see how much ur eggs grow... Once some reaches 18mm ... U can go for pregnyl jab n ER... Stage 2 will fly very fast ;-)...

nadia: thx nadia..i believe this is the part where some of us will hv OHSS? I did hv some bloating when i did lucrin before my AF on 9 Jan..hw was ur trip to see dr Sadhana? Seriously i need to buy eggs already..my fridge is empty =(

Yup OHSS is one of the things we encounter... The more eggs u have the more bloatef u feel... If u have PCOS like me the risk of having OHSS is higher... I had bad OHSS after my ER eventhough i took protein diligently... I will be seeing Dr Sadhana on this 27.. Tomolo gg kk to collect meds for my FET.. eat alot of egg whites to ease the bloatedness
... Best is pure or soft boil... If u cant take it anymore can try Immunocal... Wishing u all the best... Lots of rest is important during this stage as ur body will feel more tired... Being sleepy all the time is also one of the symptoms...

Hw is pcos diagnosed nadia if u dun mind me asking? Sorry if i m being kepo but being a first timer is really making me nervous...nw my stomach is itching at the spot where i injected lucrin..hope itz nothing

Rashal morning... PCOS is diagnos tru scan .. Like me we have irregular menses n we dun ovulate..We have quite a no. of eggs in the ovaries... Small ones ... All aligned to the left if i am not wrong ... They dun mature though.. Its not that we cant conceive.. We can.. Just that we need help ... Some even managed to conceive naturally ...;-).. The twitching shld be fine not a problem... Dun worry so much on symptoms unless major... Rest n relax is important .. U starting Puregon today rite?

Yup i will start puregon today..hopefully it will be ok.. Seem tintedhope is a bit quiet..wonder if she had gone down to see doc..i tink my cycle is 1week later than snuggly at the other forum..

yup I tink u r...u will have cycle buddies cycling with u soon too...tintedhope enjoying her weekend...she shld be cycling soon too..;-)

Hi all,

i was busy over the weekend and didnt have the time to log in. hope u all enjoyed ur weekend =)

rashal: i went to watsons at Ion Orchard. Watsons at Far East Plaza is out of stock. Watsons, Guardian, Unity NTUC, SGH and selling at same price, $46.

my registration appointment is next thurs...i cant wait to start the whole process..

Hi tintedhopes,hoped ur weekend went well..waiting for DH to come hn fr work then mayb we will go tamp mall and buy the conceive well gold

Nadia: Tried 5 egg whites jz nw n felt like puking nw..guess i muz tahan for another week or so..btw today is day 9 fr the start of my AF and i hv slight brown discharge..do u think this is normal?

Rashal: egg whites not easy to consume... I feel like puking too when taking it.. Brown discharge.. Shld be normal .. Old blood maybe.. It shld wear off soon.. Any concern do call KKIVF...

are u guys referring to raw white eggs?

Rashal: manage to get the conceive well gold already?

Nadia: yup yup, on 27th...early morning =)

tintedhopes: yup raw egg white...soft boil ones also kan..but not har boil one though...

oh urs in morning..mine in the afternoon..;-)

i can start taking the white egg now, or too soon?

you guys do the injections urselves? ermm and when do we buy the injections?

u can start egg white when u start Lucrin ...that's wat I did...egg whites r important during stimulation...it helps with lining and egg growth...

yup I did injections on my own...was afraid to do it..but manage to overcome it..the nurse help me alot to boost my confidence..wanted hubbie to do it initially..but scared they r too rough..in the end when too much bruise...

the injection u will only buy it after your menses..the nurse will advise..mine started with OCP first so I bought the Lucrin on D16 from microgynon consumption...

Puregon will be after the scan of E2 and lining..that is D14 from Lucrin jab...

chicken ess that I bought has wolfberry content..Can't recall really how much..if I am not wrong after 20% discount abt..$14 or $16..i tink

Back