IVF 2019

Hi everyone!

Decided to sign up for an account as I just started IVF at SGH.

First consultation with Dr Yong in Oct 2018, and subsequently did 2 IUIs that failed. Our main cause of concern would be my low egg reserves and the husband's swimmers. Decided to just go ahead with IVF after my IUI in April failed because I guess there was no point in trying the 3rd time with our test results and spending more cash on it.

Experience at SGH has been great so far. I like the nurses, and even Dr Tan who assists Dr Yong when she's busy or not around has been encouraging.

Just did my 3rd jab of Orgalutran today, and also Elonva after my first scan. Scan shows 10 follicles, which is better than my previous scan during IUI which had only 6. A lot of worries still going on in my head, because what if there are no eggs or what if the quality is bad. But I am also trying to stay positive and be grateful for the 10.

:)

Welcome, good luck and all the best!

Anyone had the Elvona jab and subsequently suffered massive headaches? Been having it since I got the jab on Monday and it's still going strong. :(

Did one fresh cycle but failed earlier this yr.
Am doing frozen cycle and ET on Wednesday.
Any idea on purchasing insurance coverage for the embryos? SGH used to have the coverage but they have stopped it.

Did one fresh cycle but failed earlier this yr.
Am doing frozen cycle and ET on Wednesday.
Any idea on purchasing insurance coverage for the embryos? SGH used to have the coverage but they have stopped it.

Yes I wanted to know about this too. I heard no more ivf coverage since apr19

Hello,

Just did my ER
In my previous cycles, the number of follicles shown on ultrasound is the same as number of eggs retrieved.
But this time round, I had 13 follicles shown on the scan but only 8 were retrieved.
Is this possible? I was kinda upset after the ER.
I am with KKH, so I don't get to speak to the doctor after the procedure and he is a covering doctor too.
Thank you.

Hello,

Just did my ER
In my previous cycles, the number of follicles shown on ultrasound is the same as number of eggs retrieved.
But this time round, I had 13 follicles shown on the scan but only 8 were retrieved.
I am with KKH, so I don't get to speak to the doctor after the procedure and he is a covering doctor too.
Thank you.
Don’t be upset. I had same, last year retrieved 13 follicles, got 3 blastocysts, this year retrieved 8(on scan was about 13), all mature and 7 fertilized, also got 3 blastocyst. After this march ER I felt much better and blastocyst are also better.

Hello,

Just did my ER
Thank you.

Very possible.... my last cycle had about 13-15 follicles but only retrieved 3 eggs .... only 2 fertilized/matured .... day2 transfers... couldn’t even wait till blastocyst

Hi everyone!

Decided to sign up for an account as I just started IVF at SGH.

First consultation with Dr Yong in Oct 2018, and subsequently did 2 IUIs that failed. Our main cause of concern would be my low egg reserves and the husband's swimmers. Decided to just go ahead with IVF after my IUI in April failed because I guess there was no point in trying the 3rd time with our test results and spending more cash on it.

Experience at SGH has been great so far. I like the nurses, and even Dr Tan who assists Dr Yong when she's busy or not around has been encouraging.

Just did my 3rd jab of Orgalutran today, and also Elonva after my first scan. Scan shows 10 follicles, which is better than my previous scan during IUI which had only 6. A lot of worries still going on in my head, because what if there are no eggs or what if the quality is bad. But I am also trying to stay positive and be grateful for the 10.

:)

Dr Yong and Dr Tan is good. They are very encouraging and if doubt ask them anything they will ans.
I did once fresh cycle with them in mar, and was lucky to get positive results.

We did icsi due to low sperm count n mobility.
Although is 5th day transfer, we only manage to get cavitation embryo and early blastocyst.

But at least 1 manage to implant. Now praying hard for smooth pregnancy.

Wish you luck and may baby dust shower upon you.

Didn't know there were such insurance coverage.

Was also told to start looking at neonatal insurances on our own.
Fyi, when I did early of the year, compulsory is under great eastern.

Anyway if you all miss it, I could say once reach 13weeks pregnancy you are able to get from many insurance company. The insurance is main to cover for baby NICU in the even preterm or due to complications.

Fyi, when I did early of the year, compulsory is under great eastern.

Anyway if you all miss it, I could say once reach 13weeks pregnancy you are able to get from many insurance company. The insurance is main to cover for baby NICU in the even preterm or due to complications.
Started to look up online as well.
But do take note that some of the insurance company do not cover pregnancy via IVF.

Started to look up online as well.
But do take note that some of the insurance company do not cover pregnancy via IVF.

Yup so got to read the clause well.
Even when I bought the compulsory one, now I'm trying to find one too. Maybe will go for Aviva.
Because the compulsory one only take care the baby NICU only. It does not include mum protection in the event when there is complications. Thus now I'm after 13weeks so trying to read every insurance protection and cover till how many weeks of pregnancy.

I have just finished my first ivf cycle with a negative :(
My next appointment with the doctor is only in 3 weeks. I’m at kkh.

Can anyone tell me more about how fet medicated vs natural works?

And if my menses come before my next consultation will i still be able to start?

Thanks

Yup so got to read the clause well.
Even when I bought the compulsory one, now I'm trying to find one too. Maybe will go for Aviva.
Because the compulsory one only take care the baby NICU only. It does not include mum protection in the event when there is complications. Thus now I'm after 13weeks so trying to read every insurance protection and cover till how many weeks of pregnancy.
aviva covers IVF pregnancy? i was going to get AIA one has it covers ivf pregnancy but it has to be tied to a whole life plan or investment-linked plan.

i heard NTUC covers ivf pregnancy. can anyone confirm?

aviva covers IVF pregnancy? i was going to get AIA one has it covers ivf pregnancy but it has to be tied to a whole life plan or investment-linked plan.

i heard NTUC covers ivf pregnancy. can anyone confirm?
just catching up on these, what insurance cover for pregnancy are you looking for? I believe these companies provide the most basic cover..

Have heard ppl talk about bupa, which is very popular for maternity cover as all maternity costs is paid for (Inc. Checks, tests, delivery costs) after the waiting period. But the insurance is very expensive. super comprehensive though, even covers premmies... Which don't think any of the usual companies do

I have just finished my first ivf cycle with a negative :(
My next appointment with the doctor is only in 3 weeks. I’m at kkh.

Can anyone tell me more about how fet medicated vs natural works?

And if my menses come before my next consultation will i still be able to start?

Thanks
Babe, sorry to hear.. Recall we were on similar ER schedule in May.

I'm assuming all of us doing fet, it's medicated. For the purpose of timing and better prepare body for the implantation. With natural, you have to time the transfer v carefully.

Dr explained timelines for FET, usually around day 19 of cycle.. He will give meds and monitor you twice, day 10/14 respectively. Because of my travels in Aug, Dr said he can start from day 15, no biggie. Also doing endometrial scratch the cycle before fet.

Don't mind me asking, what grade are your frozen, and how many you intend to transfer?

Babe, sorry to hear.. Recall we were on similar ER schedule in May.

I'm assuming all of us doing fet, it's medicated. For the purpose of timing and better prepare body for the implantation. With natural, you have to time the transfer v carefully.

Dr explained timelines for FET, usually around day 19 of cycle.. He will give meds and monitor you twice, day 10/14 respectively. Because of my travels in Aug, Dr said he can start from day 15, no biggie. Also doing endometrial scratch the cycle before fet.

Don't mind me asking, what grade are your frozen, and how many you intend to transfer?
Thanks for sharing!
Meds will start on day 1?

I only have one blasto left grade C. How abt yourself? How many are you planning to transfer?

Thanks for sharing!
Meds will start on day 1?

I only have one blasto left grade C. How abt yourself? How many are you planning to transfer?
Not day 1, as it's not confirmed yet and doc said meds can start whenever I'm back from travels, so think not as strict..

Last ER had 4 frozen, Dr suggested transfer 2, for a 60-70% chance. Will likely take his advice..

Now just allowing body to rest first and heal first.

Hi,
New here. Would like to seek advice on how to improve and increase chances for FET. What should I do/not do during 2ww or prior to FET?
Had first FET with two day 5 blastocyst (v good grade), 9mm lining on four days before FET. Was given crisone gel and estrofem during 2ww for support. Also had acupuncture on FET day and 2d after. Doc attributed it to luck issue. Anyone encountered?
:( :(

just catching up on these, what insurance cover for pregnancy are you looking for? I believe these companies provide the most basic cover..

Have heard ppl talk about bupa, which is very popular for maternity cover as all maternity costs is paid for (Inc. Checks, tests, delivery costs) after the waiting period. But the insurance is very expensive. super comprehensive though, even covers premmies... Which don't think any of the usual companies do

So if we buy the Great Eastern nicu insurance is it a add on to the week 13 insurance that we buy from the open market? Or can we only claim from one(should baby end up in NICU)

i’m looking for insurance to cover any complications from my ivf pregnancy. met an aia agent but he wasn’t very good and i didnt like having to buy a whole life plan or an investment linked plan

Just did my scan today and was told they found a polyp and transfer may not happen. Kinda depressing to hear and on top of that the growing follicles are only about 5.

Have to start Puregon tonight but now I am feeling like what is the purpose in doing so when it's not going well. :(

Just did my scan today and was told they found a polyp and transfer may not happen. Kinda depressing to hear and on top of that the growing follicles are only about 5.

Have to start Puregon tonight but now I am feeling like what is the purpose in doing so when it's not going well. :(

Don’t worry, if it was a flag know they’d tell u to stop immediately... hang in there.... try, at least you try... cannot give up.... be strong....

Dont be depressed. Probably they still let u continue on medication so that they can retrieved those eggs from you.

So atleast the initial effort to grow ur eggs will not be wasted. In case ur not able to do fresh cycle, those eggs they retrieved have possibility to become embryos, then u can still do frozen cycle.

Be positive..

Back