IVF 2019

Hi all, I be doing my ivf in Jul soon, would like to find out if self inject is scary and painful?

Really up to individual..... for me, NUS husband administered it for me...

1) l’m not a fan of needles (even though I’m on daily insulin jab - I feel the insulin needle is so much smaller - in comparison.

2) it made me feel like we’re in this together with the husband... having to jab yourself multiple times a day can get overwhelming and emotional....

Then again, some people feel it’s less painful to self inject coz your ready for yourself and some husbands get so nervous they can unintentionally cause more pain...

Try both, see which is better for yourself

Really up to individual..... for me, NUS husband administered it for me...

1) l’m not a fan of needles (even though I’m on daily insulin jab - I feel the insulin needle is so much smaller - in comparison.

2) it made me feel like we’re in this together with the husband... having to jab yourself multiple times a day can get overwhelming and emotional....

Then again, some people feel it’s less painful to self inject coz your ready for yourself and some husbands get so nervous they can unintentionally cause more pain...

Try both, see which is better for yourself
I also will be on insulin jab soon as starting ivf soon, also feel very stress and scare, sob sob....

Don’t worry, if it was a flag know they’d tell u to stop immediately... hang in there.... try, at least you try... cannot give up.... be strong....

Dont be depressed. Probably they still let u continue on medication so that they can retrieved those eggs from you.

So atleast the initial effort to grow ur eggs will not be wasted. In case ur not able to do fresh cycle, those eggs they retrieved have possibility to become embryos, then u can still do frozen cycle.

Be positive..

Thank you both for the encouragement! I hope the embryos turn out well too so that all effort is not wasted.

Hi all, I be doing my ivf in Jul soon, would like to find out if self inject is scary and painful?

Like what Angel says, it really depends on individual. It kinda hurts for me most of the time but just kinda bite the bullet and do it.

I had wanted to start out with the husband doing the jabs for me, but the nurse at SGH said it is better that I do it myself because I can "feel" it and apply the right pressure. She also said what if the husband is sick or unable to be home on time and I need to do it myself?

I have been jabbing myself and it is really not easy. The husband prepares the syringes for me and sits with me as I do it. He has the job of reminding me to breathe because on a few occasions I kinda forgot to lol.

The husband helped me with my Puregon last night because somehow I couldn't get the pen jab to work and he had used too force instead. At that moment I totally get why the nurse told me to do it myself

I will be doing in july as well for my 3rd try.

Some medications/jabs are not painful, its just a bit scary cos ur mind already tell you its painful, knowing ur poking a needle in you. But some they use the ice pack numb the area first and jab so its less painful. U can do it

Hello,

Anyone can advise if ER is done by the same consultant who see us in KKH under subsidized class? Or will it be a trainee doctor who will be doing the retrieval ?

Thank you!

Some medications/jabs are not painful, its just a bit scary cos ur mind already tell you its painful, knowing ur poking a needle in you. But some they use the ice pack numb the area first and jab so its less painful. U can do it
Thanks Jas for ur encouragement and also good luck to u too :)

Can I ask, the inject is done only every morning or night also?

Hello,

Anyone can advise if ER is done by the same consultant who see us in KKH under subsidized class? Or will it be a trainee doctor who will be doing the retrieval ?

Thank you!

HI,
for me, the ER doctor is the doctor who is on duty for that day (not the Dr who sees me for my follow up appointment).

Hi Melody.

I was also afraid of the injection when i first started. However, in my opinion, the jabs are not so bad.
For me, i am afraid of blood withdrawal and i find that painful. i give that pain a 7/10.
For the ivf jabs, i feel that the pain is a 4/10. You can do it dear =).

Hey ladies, I used to be so scared of needles. But found a trick (aside from the usual no. 1 and 2 that we learnt from hosp) on how to “lessen” the pain of jabs (without even needing to ice the area):

1) Pinching the fats before injecting in and releasing the pinched area before withdrawing the needle.
2) Needle must always be 90 degrees to your skin when injecting and withdrawing (this is really important; will prevent bruising and pain).
3) Sitting on both knees and curled toes (like those yoga position) while administering the jabs. Your toes will hurt but that will actually draw the attention away from the jabs! The more painful the toes are, the more negligible the jabs feel! (Learnt this brain trick from all those jabs - Puregon / Gonal F / menopur / centrotide - have taken them all!)

I did every morning.. One jab, few days closer to ER, dosage increased and added ovidrel for few days.. But all morning jabs

Mine 1 then 2 then 3(inc one day for trigger shot) on TOP of this I had to take an insulin jab a day too.... wow but yet survived n all done... so you’ll be good too! Jia you! May the force be with you! U got this!

Hi Melody.

I was also afraid of the injection when i first started. However, in my opinion, the jabs are not so bad.
For me, i am afraid of blood withdrawal and i find that painful. i give that pain a 7/10.
Thks for encouragment,jia you

Hi Melody.

Thks for your encouragement, really make me better :)

Had my first scan today... doc said I’m at 5.5 weeks..... anyone knows how to count how far along we are? - for ivf I assume it’s diff then natural conception....
Scan showed I have a sac but no fetal pole and heartbeat. Doc said it’s still early and to come back next week... I cried... at least there’s still hope but we were so looking forward to the heartbeat

Had my first scan today... doc said I’m at 5.5 weeks..... anyone knows how to count how far along we are? - for ivf I assume it’s diff then natural conception....
Scan showed I have a sac but no fetal pole and heartbeat. Doc said it’s still early and to come back next week... I cried... at least there’s still hope but we were so looking forward to the heartbeat

Stay positive ya. The good vibes will help! :)

hey don’t worry. around the same time as you i also couldn’t see the embryo or fetal pole and no heartbeat. could only see the yolk sac, i went back to prof pc wong at 6 weeks and saw flickering which is the heartbeat. then came back at 7 weeks and could hear the heartbeat. don’t worry be positive :)

hey don’t worry. around the same time as you i also couldn’t see the embryo or fetal pole and no heartbeat. could only see the yolk sac, i went back to prof pc wong at 6 weeks and saw flickering which is the heartbeat. then came back at 7 weeks and could hear the heartbeat. don’t worry be positive :)

Thank you dear every positive feedback means so much.... to still have hope.....

Hi I am new here, I'm going for counseling 10 July in the afternoon at kkh. I suppose to do ivf early mar but doctors advice me to remove fibroids and seed so I took the advice and went to operat on may.
Does ivf need to take a lot of HL and Mc cos I worry I may have not enough leave this keyhole surgery already took up 40 days HL.

Hi I am new here, I'm going for counseling 10 July in the afternoon at kkh. I suppose to do ivf early mar but doctors advice me to remove fibroids and seed so I took the advice and went to operat on may.
Does ivf need to take a lot of HL and Mc cos I worry I may have not enough leave this keyhole surgery already took up 40 days HL.
Hi
Before the ER, I had 4 days of mc.
3 days to do ultrasound and 1 day to do blood test to check your hormones. But of cos, you can choose to go back to work after the ultrasounds in the morning. Finish roughly 10ish in the mornings.

After ER, I was given 19 days HL. Hope this info helps.

Hi
Before the ER, I had 4 days of mc.
3 days to do ultrasound and 1 day to do blood test to check your hormones. But of cos, you can choose to go back to work after the ultrasounds in the morning. Finish roughly 10ish in the mornings.

After ER, I was given 19 days HL. Hope this info helps.
Thanks it helps

Just did my ET yesterday but suddenly down with a bad cold today. So worried it'll affect the implantation and I avoided any medication and gonna just ride it through.

Does anyone know if we retrieved and store our eggs in KK for example... what if I’m future we want to us private to transfer the stores eggs

Does anyone know if we retrieved and store our eggs in KK for example... what if I’m future we want to us private to transfer the stores eggs

I think can transfer at a cost. Cos when I was in private, they told me can transfer at a cost. So I believe govt to private should be able too as well

Just did my ET yesterday but suddenly down with a bad cold today. So worried it'll affect the implantation and I avoided any medication and gonna just ride it through.
All the best babe! Baby dust :)
If cold is really bad, just call the drs can check if can take meds. Most importantly you need to be comfortable during the 2ww

I think can transfer at a cost. Cos when I was in private, they told me can transfer at a cost. So I believe govt to private should be able too as well
Does kkh also keep max 10years?
Mine with private and they'll discard in 10years unless instructions are given to store

All the best babe! Baby dust :)
If cold is really bad, just call the drs can check if can take meds. Most importantly you need to be comfortable during the 2ww

Thank you! Am going back for a blood test today so gonna ask them as well. Nose still leaking though not as bad as yesterday.

Hi anyone going through ivf right now?
Im On my 2nd cycle right now. My 1st cycle was successful, my girl is now 11 month old.. i just went for retrieval just now.. collected 5 & im feeling really nervous!! Mix feelings..

Im On my 2nd cycle right now. My 1st cycle was successful, my girl is now 11 month old.. i just went for retrieval just now.. collected 5 & im feeling really nervous!! Mix feelings..

I just did my 2nd fresh cycle in May.... scan tomorrow :)

Me! Just did transfer on Monday.

And good luck to you!

Back