IVF 2019

Actually, private allows you to claim Medisave twice. Claimed 6k for ER and will claim 5k during FET. Applicable as long as both are not done within the same cycle. But of course, bear in mind that we are only allowed 3 claims cumulative.

Also, noticed many doing ET rather than FET. Is this a choice or just mandated by Kkh? Trying to understand why not FET to allow body to heal first..

Does this include ET? If no, mine also similar range.
To be honest I don’t think FET allows any flushing of drugs.. because im doing a medicated FET now .. im taking a shitload of hormones too. If i had known I’ll prob just do any round of stimms followed by ET. My doc also said FET and frozen transfer chances of success are the same. Only advantage of frozen is that you can avoid ohss.

Includes FET. This is the cost i have incurred so far from the early tests, the stims to medicated cycle, all the blood tests, scans and consult, meds to control period, round of progynova aft tt, to fet (icsi on 12 eggs, froze 5 and assisted hatching on 2 embies) and medication to last till bt.

The doc recommended fet as he felt that it would allow the body to flush out the drugs from the ER. But he did give us time to ask ard and think through. It also timed well with our work schedule, so we went with it.
I feel if u are doind medicated fet.. it’s just as bad! A lot of hormone pills to take! Maybe non medicated is ok...

I feel if u are doind medicated fet.. it’s just as bad! A lot of hormone pills to take! Maybe non medicated is ok...
this is quite true also actually... medicated FET is taxing on the body too with all the hormone pills. but fresh transfer have to take sooooo many support meds during two week wait compared to medicated which is only progesterone support if i recall correctly. i think doctors like Dr Roland Chieng from Virtus prefer FET is because the patient is usually in better mind frame after taking a break after all that stimulation. but i agree i think between ET and FET not much difference in success rates. similar to how medicated vs natural FET has no difference in success rates. it’s just what you prefer and what you think is better for your body

Yeah actually tt was the plan, we did try for natural one after er but sighhhhh i think the er drugs messed up my cycle so then eventually we had to schedule the medicated one before fet. Hope it will work out though.

But i felt the er drugs were more... Savage than the progynova pills.

Congrats!!
Praying for a healthy 9 months ahead!
wah!! congrats! good number ley, twins maybe? are you with kk? at NUH, they do 5 week scan which i find quite stressful cos usually can’t see the embryo/fetal pole can only see yolk sac. 6 weeks at least can see the flickering heartbeat... you might see two!

Thank you girls!!!
Embryologist says high hcg levels dont necessarily mean twins
Must scan then can cfm. Haha.. @Mellyn 's numbers are so much higher! Hehe

Yes I'm with KK :)

I am on tether's end.

My ER was on Thursday. They just called me to go for ET on Tuesday.

But they didnt give me any info on how many fertilized and what grades...

Scheduled on D5- does it mean that they are not growing well? And need more time?

Or are they just normal and growing day by day?

I am on tether's end.

Scheduled on D5- does it mean that they are not growing well? And need more time?

scheduled on day 5 is good! it means they’re transferring a blastocyst, which is ideal. which clinic are you with? they should be giving you updates on all the eggs retrieved. it’s ok i’m sure they will give you a full update on Monday regarding how many embryos you have etc. try not to worry so much and focus on preparing for your transfer this tuesday. good luck!

scheduled on day 5 is good! it means they’re transferring a blastocyst, which is ideal. which clinic are you with? they should be giving you updates on all the eggs retrieved. it’s ok i’m sure they will give you a full update on Monday regarding how many embryos you have etc. try not to worry so much and focus on preparing for your transfer this tuesday. good luck!
I am with KKH.

I read online that sometimes, they dun grow too well and thats why they need to grow till D5.

I think I am overthinking too much.

I am with KKH.

I read online that sometimes, they dun grow too well and thats why they need to grow till D5.

yes you’re definitely overthinking too much (haha i’ve been there). in most cases, growing to day 5 if they become blastocysts is the best!

I am with KKH.

Yes yes. Don’t overthink. For the embryos to be able to survive, develop and grow by themselves till D5 means they are good.

Does anyone here have any experience with using their relatives or close friends as egg or sperm donors? Me and my hubby will soon have to make the most important decision of our lives - that is whether to use my cousin as an egg donor (we asked and she has already agreed). My doctor recommended using my relative as an egg donor, as it is almost impossible to find an altruistic anonymous egg donor in Singapore. Also my doctor said that this will enable a genetic link between me and the child.

However, both me and my hubby feel uncomfortable over the following issues:

(i) Will this 'secret' be accidentally leaked to the child? For example, things may spill out over a careless remark, or quarrel between relatives. Also, children of relatives may overhear adult conversation, and leak this to my future child. You know children are talkative and can never be trusted to keep adult's secrets.

(ii) Say that we decide not to keep this secret, but tell the child from the very beginning, wouldn't he or she feel odd and later suffer from an identity crisis especially during the teenage years. Wouldn't the child want to establish a special relationship with the known donor as he/she grows up?

(iii) Regardless of whether the secret is kept, would not it be awkward during family gatherings such as CNY, when the child will have to meet the donor relative. Even if the child is ignorant, both of us parents and the donor cousin will feel rather awkward.

Hope that anyone here who has faced this issues share his/her experience with us.

I am on tether's end.

Dont worry babe! Blast is good! All the best for your transfer on Tuesday:)

I am on tether's end.

All the best and rest well after :)
Keep us posted!

Crinone gel

My application is set every 12 hrs , 8am and 8pm.

I am too sleepy to walk for 30mins on the weekends.

Will it be ok to go back to sleep? Will it affect the absorption?
If it does, that means I will need to haul my bumbum and go for a short walk.

Crinone gel

I was told to only walk for 10mins. Not necessary to walk as long as 30mins, but I guess no harm

I'm on the exact same time schedule as you.

Crinone gel

Just 10min will do. Usually after application, I'll just walk around the house abit...go wash hands, throw rubbish etc.. Then go rest le :)

Crinone gel

I was told to walk 15mins. After the application, I will walk around my flat, mainly the kitchen, and eat breakfast, then take the medication. After 15mins, sometimes, I go to bed again.

Before ET, I also on the 8-8 schedule. But after ET, I change to 930-930 schedule during the 2ww so that I do not need to get up so early:)

Last edited:
I thought with FET I’ll be able to avoid all these hormones, but who knows was prescribed whole load of hormones. Im taking mercilon and later progynova. Doing a triptolein jab as well

Hi @chemiyogi , do you feel stinging pain when taking the triptolein jab? I’m also taking that Jab now n progynova.

Hi, I still within 2wk of waiting kkh to call me for counseling, can anyone advise is it exact 2wk then they will call or I need to call back and check? Thks

Hi, I still within 2wk of waiting kkh to call me for counseling, can anyone advise is it exact 2wk then they will call or I need to call back and check? Thks
kkh did mention that if they do not call you within 2wk, you can call back to check with them.

So you may wait exact 2wk, then, call back:)

Hi, does any ladies here freeze their embryos on Day 3?

Rather anyone BFP on Day 3 embryos as well?

I was left with 1early blast on previous cycle and had nothing else to freeze. I don't want history to repeat itself. I am thinking if I can ask them to not bring to day 5.

I was left with 1early blast on previous cycle and had nothing else to freeze. I don't want history to repeat itself. I am thinking if I can ask them to not bring to day 5.
Hi! I just did my beta earlier this week, bfp on day 3 fet! Beta was 1060. I have two more day 3 and 1 day 2 frozen embryos.

Hope tt helps. All the best to you!

Hi, can I know what did u do during the IVF process? U take any supplements or went to tcm? Congrats on ur bfp!

Thank you girls!!!
Embryologist says high hcg levels dont necessarily mean twins
Must scan then can cfm. Haha.. @Mellyn 's numbers are so much higher! Hehe

Yes I'm with KK :)

Wow congrats! How many embryos or blastocyst did you put in? ET or FET? So exciting and happy for u..: having twins is my dream and wish, only transferred 1 blastocyst though..... in my 2WW now.... transferred last sat... BT on 18th

I did ET on the 4th (5day blastocyst) any idea when the HPT test can or should start showing? I’m so nervous... first round I got BFP but mc 3w after BT...

Last edited:
My last cycle was in April, chemical pregnancy during May. Was hoping to do second cycle in July. Do u think it’s ok?
should be ok if your period is normal. my doctor (prof pc wong) says that when period comes it’s all reset. but usually the period after a failed cycle esp chemical pregnancy, the period will be a little weird so most people like to take a break of at least two cycles

should be ok if your period is normal. my doctor (prof pc wong) says that when period comes it’s all reset. but usually the period after a failed cycle esp chemical pregnancy, the period will be a little weird so most people like to take a break of at least two cycles
Because I’m pcos so my period don’t usually come regularly..

Feeling super emo now. Wonder if its the progesterone or just myself.

Feeling crampy, boobs suddenly no longer hurting. Just like pre AF symptoms.

I dont feel anything else.

Beginning to feel disappointed though I kept telling myself not to expect, not to hope. But its very tough.

I really want a child. Just one is all I ask for.

Feeling super emo now. Wonder if its the progesterone or just myself.

Feeling crampy, boobs suddenly no longer hurting. Just like pre AF symptoms.

I dont feel anything else.

Beginning to feel disappointed though I kept telling myself not to expect, not to hope. But its very tough.

I really want a child. Just one is all I ask for.
Heyy hang on in there, i think the symptoms/side effects will come and go. Dont read too much into it and rest well! Tkc babe

Heyy hang on in there, i think the symptoms/side effects will come and go. Dont read too much into it and rest well! Tkc babe
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I always keep myself motivated from the many stories here... And from my friends.

I dont know how you all get through time after time after time. Sometimes, it feels that I am not destined to be a mother.

Seeing that blastocyst somehow gave me that glimpse of hope. I hope that one day, o will be able to see that two beautiful lines on the hpt. And increasing hcg. And a healthy baby.

Returning to work soon to keep my mind off things.

Was a bit constipated this morning and had a stomachache, did not strain myself but afterwards there was brown/light pink spotting which turned a bit pinkish red but only visible when wiped. Hv mild cramps (the af and the constipation kind). Is this normal? Abt 5 wks now and still on progesterone.

Was a bit constipated this morning and had a stomachache, did not strain myself but afterwards there was brown/light pink spotting which turned a bit pinkish red but only visible when wiped. Hv mild cramps (the af and the constipation kind). Is this normal? Abt 5 wks now and still on progesterone.

Have you done your 1st dating scanning and how's the result?
Brown discharge can go 2 ways.

Have you done your 1st dating scanning and how's the result?
Brown discharge can go 2 ways.
My sister is having twins now. She also had brown discharge 6 - 7 weeks into her pregnancy. Doc gave her progesterone. And it all went well after a while.

Doc said spotting is fine as long as it is not a lot. If you are worried, give a call to the hospital?

My sister is having twins now. She also had brown discharge 6 - 7 weeks into her pregnancy. Doc gave her progesterone. And it all went well after a while.

Doc said spotting is fine as long as it is not a lot. If you are worried, give a call to the hospital?
Went straight to the clinic, bleeding was dark red and heavy but the scan, everything looks like it progressed well. Hope the cramps n bleeding stops soon. I think maybe i over exerted or something

Back