IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hey StayingPositive! Yea on the day of IUI and 1dpiui i had some cramps and had spotting right after the procedure. I wanted to stay on the “procedure bed” till 15mins but then the nurse said at 10mins ok alr. I also not sure but just wrapped everything up when the nurse said that. Maybe Cause there was one other patient that also need to do the iui. For my cramps, mine was affected mostly at my butthole region LOL. But doc said was fine cause the cramping area was sharing the same nerve. Today is 4dpiui and taking everything lightly. Staying at home cause i took leave for this and just lazing watching Netflix. Babydust to all of us hopefully this is the month!

Anyway, anyone got any idea how long the hcg shot will normally be out of your system? Thanks in advance!

I think I need to take longer leave next time too... my doc gave me 2 days MC to rest at home. But I ended up working all day, feeling abit sad. Like cannot even rest.

Is HCG shot the trigger shot? No idea though, I asked the doc if my cycle time will change, she say it should be regular, 14 days after then come in to take blood test. I was given Utrogestan to be inserted into myself, need to start from today onwards for the next 15 days :oops:

Yes babydust everyone!!!

any idea how to boost lining within a week? I did my scan today and it is only 6.5mm thick.... ah!!!! schedule FET with day 5 embryo on 3/3.

any idea how to boost lining within a week? I did my scan today and it is only 6.5mm thick.... ah!!!! schedule FET with day 5 embryo on 3/3.

Hmm same as me. I went acupuncture and drank red bean soup. Hopefully my lining will grow thicker within the week too. My tcm dr advise me not to dwell too much into it and don’t stress up.

Hmm same as me. I went acupuncture and drank red bean soup. Hopefully my lining will grow thicker within the week too. My tcm dr advise me not to dwell too much into it and don’t stress up.

yea... just try to relax. Btw which hosp u go for the FET? Mine at SGH.

I did it at dr Fong clinic. How are you ladies feelings the last few days? Beside the cramps, I feel giddy at times. Not sure is that normal symptoms.

Hey pldream. So far no symptoms except for sore boobs and increased hunger pangs. Maybe due to progesterone medication that im taking.Yesterday i had back pain but only lasted for 15mins. Taking it day by day! We can do this!

By the way, i know its tmi, but have you gals did the deed after the iui to increase chances? My hubby was so afraid that by doing so he will “burst the egg” haha lol. Take care!!

Anyone also measuring basal temperature every morning? Care to share your readings?
I never measure basal temp readings.

did any of noticed increased in cm?

Also, today i just took a hpt for fun to check if the hcg hormones from the trigger shot is still in my system. 6dpiui and seems that the hormones gone from my body. Little bit bummed cause normally they say it will stay in your body for 10days?

hope to see the light at the end of the tunnel ❤️

I never measure basal temp readings.

did any of noticed increased in cm?

Also, today i just took a hpt for fun to check if the hcg hormones from the trigger shot is still in my system. 6dpiui and seems that the hormones gone from my body. Little bit bummed cause normally they say it will stay in your body for 10days?

hope to see the light at the end of the tunnel ❤

i dont have increase in cm. Feeling more crampy and bloated today at 7dpiui.
Still have 1 week + to go and also hoping to see BFP too!

Yea me too. I try not to think about it. I just hope it’ll be our month this month. With the covid-19 issue, hospitals are putting a quota on fertility treatments to refrain from large crowd. If this cycle fails, god knows if I can go ahead with the next cycle. Hais :(

Hi all, seeking some advice/opinions here.

Since my IUI this morning, my stomach has been very bloated and I feel a dull ache like period cramp. The ache intensifies when I bend my right knee towards my chest (as opposed to the left knee). FYI, my last scan before the IUI revealed that I have 3 follicles on the right - 20 mm, 16 and 10 - and one 16 mm follicle in the left.

I know the cramping is normal but should I be worried about it being OHSS on my right?

Thanks in advance!

Since my IUI this morning, my stomach has been very bloated and I feel a dull ache like period cramp. The ache intensifies when I bend my right knee towards my chest (as opposed to the left knee). FYI, my last scan before the IUI revealed that I have 3 follicles on the right - 20 mm, 16 and 10 - and one 16 mm follicle in the left.

I know the cramping is normal but should I be worried about it being OHSS on my right?

Thanks in advance!
Wow! Potentially u may have 3 follicles fertilised... Did your doctor mention that? If it gets too painful, call back the clinic to enquire

Wow! Potentially u may have 3 follicles fertilised... Did your doctor mention that? If it gets too painful, call back the clinic to enquire
Thanks for your reply.

Well, the doctor did say early on that there may be a chance of multiples... Haha.

Yes, I think I will continue to monitor for a couple more days and if the cramping persists, I'll call the clinic to ask.

Hii anyone started testing already? I dont think this month will be my cycle. Kept dreaming i got bfp and also tell myself its a dream haizzz. Anyway, touchwood if it fails, are you ladies going for 2nd round of so-iui/iui or ivf straight?

Thanks in advance!
My Dr said OHSS is rare with so iui. So hopefully it is not OHSS

Hii anyone started testing already? I dont think this month will be my cycle. Kept dreaming i got bfp and also tell myself its a dream haizzz. Anyway, touchwood if it fails, are you ladies going for 2nd round of so-iui/iui or ivf straight?

I haven’t measure yet. Still too early.

Think i will try SO-IUI again. My doc advise to try 3 times first before considering IVF.

I having super bad cramps the past 2-3 days, i dont think this is my month either, not hopeful, so not going to test. Monday supposed to go for blood test

Think i will try SO-IUI again. My doc advise to try 3 times first before considering IVF.

I having super bad cramps the past 2-3 days, i dont think this is my month either, not hopeful, so not going to test. Monday supposed to go for blood test

jiayo too you too! I see.. is this your first IUI? My doc already ordered for an IVF cycle. Kinda on the fence about ivf cause, yes it helps you skip a whole lot of steps in fertilising the eggs but also invasive too.

also, when i wiped and it has pink blood it was in the aftnn and i put on a pad. Went home and checked, there was nothing although down there i feel like the feeling when your having your period. Very confusing but not hopeful.

jiayo too you too! I see.. is this your first IUI? My doc already ordered for an IVF cycle. Kinda on the fence about ivf cause, yes it helps you skip a whole lot of steps in fertilising the eggs but also invasive too.

also, when i wiped and it has pink blood it was in the aftnn and i put on a pad. Went home and checked, there was nothing although down there i feel like the feeling when your having your period. Very confusing but not hopeful.

Yes this my first IUI. Usually when I feel such very bad cramps, next day period shld come liao. Now never come, give me hope when I feel it will be no hope. V tiring. So just trying to go with the view that my cycle will fail, and try not to have any expectations. Haha watching drama to distract myself.

Are you all still eating progesterone pills? It will delay menses if still on it. My dr didn’t arrange blood test for me after the 2ww. So will test using hpt these 2 days.

Are you all still eating progesterone pills? It will delay menses if still on it. My dr didn’t arrange blood test for me after the 2ww. So will test using hpt these 2 days.
I stopped eating progesterone since yesterday. Hopefully AF comes soon.

Oh can stop ah? My progesterone pills is erm must insert in one. I still have few more pills. It will delay menses? But will we still experience all the cramps, even though delay?

I stopped eating progesterone since yesterday. Hopefully AF comes soon.

Hmm but ur blood flow stop right? It could be implantation bleeding. Perhaps wait a few more days to see if ur menses comes in full flow since u also stop the pill.

Oh can stop ah? My progesterone pills is erm must insert in one. I still have few more pills. It will delay menses? But will we still experience all the cramps, even though delay?

to be honest i dont really know if will still experience cramp even though delay. I googled and found on other forums that if 14dpo negative can stop progesterone. So i stopped earlier coz i dont want delay period if that makes sense haha. Anyway mine is the oral duphaston ones.

Hmm but ur blood flow stop right? It could be implantation bleeding. Perhaps wait a few more days to see if ur menses comes in full flow since u also stop the pill.
Yupp will wait for a few more days. But idk if implantation can happen so late at this time.

I also not sure. I’m still taking the pills too. Feeling the cramp every now and then as well. But as long menses not here, we might still stand a chance and hopefully see bfp on the hpt.

Cramping is also an early sign of pregnancy. As long as your period hasn't come, you may still be pregnant. The most accurate test wld be a blood test to check your hcg. Usually kkh will do this test abt 18 days post IUI.

Hi gals, i am new to this forum. I have been TTC for more than a year and currently with Dr Stephen Chew at NUH. Last saw him in Feb where I indicated that I wanted to try out IUI. He prescribed me with letrozole and told me to call up for a scan on Day 12 of menses for the IUI. However, due to the coronavirus situation, NUH has postponed all such procedures until further notice so my IUI couldn’t proceed. And now, my menses has just come today and it is yet another round of disappointment and agony for me. I am also now in a dilemma on whether to continue to wait out (don’t know how Long) or switch to private (thinking Dr Tan Teng Hao). Any advice on what should I do?

Hi gals, i am new to this forum. I have been TTC for more than a year and currently with Dr Stephen Chew at NUH. Last saw him in Feb where I indicated that I wanted to try out IUI. He prescribed me with letrozole and told me to call up for a scan on Day 12 of menses for the IUI. However, due to the coronavirus situation, NUH has postponed all such procedures until further notice so my IUI couldn’t proceed. And now, my menses has just come today and it is yet another round of disappointment and agony for me. I am also now in a dilemma on whether to continue to wait out (don’t know how Long) or switch to private (thinking Dr Tan Teng Hao). Any advice on what should I do?
If money is not a concern, private might be a better route. Just that you won't be eligible for the Govt Co funding for IUI tt was introduced this year. But the cofunding isn't as big as for ivf treatments. I tried clomid for 2 rounds and letrozole for 4 rounds before moving on to iui at kkh.

Hmm if it was me, I would go private. Haha cos I dun wanna wait longer. I am now at one of the Thomson medical clinics. Initially I was also concerned about price/govt co-funding. But I think it is worth it la :)

Hmm if it was me, I would go private. Haha cos I dun wanna wait longer. I am now at one of the Thomson medical clinics. Initially I was also concerned about price/govt co-funding. But I think it is worth it la :)
Thanks for the replies. Which doctor are u with?

If money is not a concern, private might be a better route. Just that you won't be eligible for the Govt Co funding for IUI tt was introduced this year. But the cofunding isn't as big as for ivf treatments. I tried clomid for 2 rounds and letrozole for 4 rounds before moving on to iui at kkh.
How was the experience at kkh?

How was the experience at kkh?
I would say the waiting time isn't as bad as I thought it would be despite the crowd. Usually I will reach betw 750 to 805 to get a queue tic, n by 9am, I wld be done w the ultrasound n seeing the doc. N I thought the doctors there were not bad...

I tested this morning n it’s a bfn. Feeling so disappointed. Sigh now waiting for AF to arrive. Thinking to take a break for a while before trying iui again

Last edited:

Back