IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Clksy

Hi everyone, can I check the whole process of SO-IUI? How many days are we supposed to consult the doctor for scannings etc before the actual procedure? I need to plan accordingly as I might be unable to get leave during this period and I am no longer WFH from 2 June onwards.
Hi Rainbow234,

it depends on how closely monitored you are by ur dr.
i have done it with 2 dr before, 1st need to visit day 2 to day 5 while having menses, then collect medication/injection, then another appt is day 13 to see if your follicles are ready for IUI. If all is good, Trigger shot at clinic, Day 14 have to go back again for IUI.

2nd dr monitor me on day 2 of my period, collect medication ,follow by check up on day 10 & dr ask me to trigger myself at home on day 12 night , day 14 IUI.

hope this helps.

nfpduh

Does anyone here did a fertility check before deciding on any treatments? Like from poly or VFC?
Poly will refer you to government hospital. When you wanna start IUI you need do the checks for the doctor to see if there is any underlying issues. For me I do the checks first before heading to IUI

SRA

Hi all,

I am now waiting for my menses and then will proceed with SO-IUI. Any success stories of SO-IUI? My tubes and my husband's sperm is all ok except that I have PCOS and Im 35 this year. 2 months back, doctor asked me whether I want IVF or IUI. I wanted to go straight with IVF but doctor suggested that I try SO-IUI first and because of the CB, I was hold back with the procedure and now thinking that I shld go straight with IVF. Do I need to make appointment again or can I just call KKIV and change my procedure to IVF? Or you think I shld give SO-IUI a try? Im so lost right now.

cosykat

Does anyone here did a fertility check before deciding on any treatments? Like from poly or VFC?
I went to a private gynae previously to check out why i had irregular menses.. she only did a ultrasound and diagnosed pcos from my menses history. Was on metformin but only for a few months.. After that tried clomid but got horrid side-effects. Gave my wallet a rest for a while and then now deciding to go for IUI. Going to ask for a proper check first though to make sure that everything else is fine.

Hi everyone, can I check the whole process of SO-IUI? How many days are we supposed to consult the doctor for scannings etc before the actual procedure? I need to plan accordingly as I might be unable to get leave during this period and I am no longer WFH from 2 June onwards.
Also curious about this so can do proper planning and time management.