IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Good luck AAWWBBdust! Hope u r feeling good and share with us good news soon :)
Me starting my 2nd iui most likely next Monday .. so scared of the TWW again..

My af is here! Go straight to ivf in Mar ... haha got two months to relax before all the injections etc...relax and hope good news for you this time!!!

1. Anyone using Medisave to claim Assistant Conception Procedure?
2. I wonder whether I should change to public hospital to do IUI to use Medisave to claim. I scare can't pregnant within 1 cycle of treatment.
Pls share your advise.

My af is here! Go straight to ivf in Mar ... haha got two months to relax before all the injections etc...relax and hope good news for you this time!!!

Good luck. Where are u doing your IVF? My doc asked me to go queue for IVF while doing SOIUI it I KS! Lolx. So I will be making an appt to get a queue number.

2. I wonder whether I should change to public hospital to do IUI to use Medisave to claim. I scare can't pregnant within 1 cycle of treatment.
Pls share your advise.

I Guess most ppl would advise to use own money for IUI and save the grants for IVF if needed cos IVF is more ex. IUI will be ~$1.5k to $2k. In my own opinion, not worth for the grants compared to IVF

Maybe I will be joining u in the ivf route :)
A bit dreadful about iui process but gonna still try :( as for you, try to relax and enjoy life for the next 2 months!!!

Hi, I am going for my first iui this month! Can I know on average, how many scans do you all have to go for before the iui? I am started on clomid by my doc.

Hi, I am going for my first iui this month! Can I know on average, how many scans do you all have to go for before the iui? I am started on clomid by my doc.
Depending on whether u r doing natural iui or super ovulation (SOIUI).. i’m on my 2nd natural iui and went to 3x for scanning and follow by the procedure on the 4th visit. Which gynae did u go to?

Depending on whether u r doing natural iui or super ovulation (SOIUI).. i’m on my 2nd natural iui and went to 3x for scanning and follow by the procedure on the 4th visit. Which gynae did u go to?
Hi, thanks for the reply. I just called in and told to go for a scan on my cd11. I am seeing sgh CARE.

Hi sunshine_85

How’s your iui today? Hope all is good at your end :) our TWW starts now! Hugs! R u given progesterone tablets twice a day?

Hi bbsparkle! Hope everything is good for u! Given the tablets but have to take 2 tablets/night. Weird thing is that there’s no BBT shift so I’m wondering if the trigger shot works

Anyway did they tell u the post wash result? I’m not sure why they only took less than a ml when there are much more after the wash. So in the end, the count and morphology wasn’t ideal.

Pls share your advise.

Hello, I did 3 IUIs (none with stim injections, just ultrasound and ovidrel trigger shot) and these are the cost:
1st IUI: $1218.65 (including a blood test for Thalassameia, Amenorrhoea, Thyroid, AMH and Fertility Infection)
2nd IUI: $927.65
3rd IUI: $1055.60 (this is a Clomid cycle. In addition, I was given Duphaston and my husb given Q10 tablets).

Better to use cash. Keep the govt funding for IVF.

Hello, I did 3 IUIs (none with stim injections, just ultrasound and ovidrel trigger shot) and these are the cost:
1st IUI: $1218.65 (including a blood test for Thalassameia, Amenorrhoea, Thyroid, AMH and Fertility Infection)
2nd IUI: $927.65
3rd IUI: $1055.60 (this is a Clomid cycle. In addition, I was given Duphaston and my husb given Q10 tablets).

Better to use cash. Keep the govt funding for IVF.

Hi PlanStork, were u successful with IUI?

Today i went got my review cos previously i do a Day surgery to remove polyps. Doc advise me to do SOIUI. I get to know that i will need to inject myself. May u know how many days do i need to inject & does u all inject urself?

Heard that high success rate for iui is to perform the iui between 24 hour and 36 hours after the injection (hCG)
My folicle is 17mm in D14. Doctor advised me to do iui in D18 and have an injection (hCG) on D16.
Was wondering if i should follow doctor advice to do iui on my D18 as this will be more than 36 hours after the injection.

Heard that high success rate for iui is to perform the iui between 24 hour and 36 hours after the injection (hCG)
My folicle is 17mm in D14. Doctor advised me to do iui in D18 and have an injection (hCG) on D16.
Was wondering if i should follow doctor advice to do iui on my D18 as this will be more than 36 hours after the injection.

You can clarify with him and share your concern?

Hi pandora, I did my trigger on D13 and iui procedure on D15. Importantly is that iui must be done around 36hours after trigger. So my trigger was done at 1130pm at D13. IUI was around 130pm on D15. Since doc has advised then should be appropriate else u can check with him again. Stay positive :)

Hi pandora, I did my trigger on D13 and iui procedure on D15. Importantly is that iui must be done around 36hours after trigger. So my trigger was done at 1130pm at D13. IUI was around 130pm on D15. Since doc has advised then should be appropriate else u can check with him again. Stay positive :)

Hi Sunshine, have you success on your iui?

Hi,

Anyone has the same experience as me? Nearer the end of 2 weeks period, initially, there was brown discharge then followed by light bleeding (not full flow menses yet). However, still on Duphaston and blood test is still a few days away. HPK test is negative. Does it mean full flow menses is coming?

Hi everyone! Glad to have found this platform where we get advice from one another. I will be starting SO-IUI when my next menses arrives. I've attended fertility talks and even my gynae at KKH says the success rate for IUI is low - 10%.
I've been married for almost 2 years and my hub's sperm morphology is <1. We have been trying since we got married but to no avail.
I've always wondered why gynaes still encourage IUI even though the success rate is so low. If I have to try IUI 5-8 times (S$2000 x 5 = S$10k), then i might as well go for IVF directly since success rate will be higher right? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi everyone! Glad to have found this platform where we get advice from one another. I will be starting SO-IUI when my next menses arrives. I've attended fertility talks and even my gynae at KKH says the success rate for IUI is low - 10%.
I've been married for almost 2 years and my hub's sperm morphology is <1. We have been trying since we got married but to no avail.
I've always wondered why gynaes still encourage IUI even though the success rate is so low. If I have to try IUI 5-8 times (S$2000 x 5 = S$10k), then i might as well go for IVF directly since success rate will be higher right? Please correct me if I am wrong.

i think it depends on the couple's conditions. i am with KKH too. Doc recommends that i go for 2 rounds of SO-IUI before i go for ivf. I have failed my first SO-IUI and have not decided when to start the 2nd round. For our case, its due to low ovarian reserve.

@Hopeful_tadada Sorry to hear about your case. Are you with KKH private or subsidized? I understand how you feel. I have friends who have done many sessions of IUI and IVF and were not successful, so I don't have very high hopes with my first SO-IUI. I even discussed with my hubs to go for IVF right away if first SO-IUI doesn't work out. Mainly because we are in our mid 30s and also are planning for more than 1 child.

@Hopeful_tadada Sorry to hear about your case. Are you with KKH private or subsidized? I understand how you feel. I have friends who have done many sessions of IUI and IVF and were not successful, so I don't have very high hopes with my first SO-IUI. I even discussed with my hubs to go for IVF right away if first SO-IUI doesn't work out. Mainly because we are in our mid 30s and also are planning for more than 1 child.

i am considered a private patient although i have polyclinic referral letter. The cost is differentiated by citizenship.
We do have plans for 2 children but see how things go. Its already difficult to bear 1.

I went to consult another doctor. The doctor is more senior, the clinic able to claim through Medisave.
This doctor advise us to do SO-IUI instead of normal IUI.
I will start next month. The doctor advised me to check my tube (HSG) before start SO-IUI.

I went to consult another doctor. The doctor is more senior, the clinic able to claim through Medisave.
This doctor advise us to do SO-IUI instead of normal IUI.
I will start next month. The doctor advised me to check my tube (HSG) before start SO-IUI.

It's funny how different doctors have different opinions. In my case, KKH told me to call on day 1 of my menses. I called on a Saturday and the Nurse, over the phone, told me to come down on Monday for my injection. As I am working, I asked if I can come down on Saturday and she said yes. During my briefing on Saturday, the Nurse giving the briefing told me that I should start my Puregon injections on Sunday. I asked if there is a difference on starting on Sunday or Monday and she said, "a lot of difference". She even told me that I likely have to continue my jabs post Day 5 scan. I cannot imagine how my cycle would be affected had I listened to the Nurse over the phone to come on Monday.

It's funny how different doctors have different opinions. In my case, KKH told me to call on day 1 of my menses. I called on a Saturday and the Nurse, over the phone, told me to come down on Monday for my injection. As I am working, I asked if I can come down on Saturday and she said yes. During my briefing on Saturday, the Nurse giving the briefing told me that I should start my Puregon injections on Sunday. I asked if there is a difference on starting on Sunday or Monday and she said, "a lot of difference". She even told me that I likely have to continue my jabs post Day 5 scan. I cannot imagine how my cycle would be affected had I listened to the Nurse over the phone to come on Monday.

Actually I think most of the time, nurses don't really give accurate information. It really depends on your condition. For mine, my doc did tell me there's isn't much difference for one day. But I was using gonal-F tho, so not sure if different brand matters too.

Hello Everyone!

May I know the cost / scheduling appointment of doing IUI in private hospital and gov hospital? Anyone can advise?

I am TTC for more than a year, previously went for a check at Thomson women clinic (Serangoon). The doc advised me to keep trying naturally for a year if no result, then decide what is next.

Hello Everyone!

May I know the cost / scheduling appointment of doing IUI in private hospital and gov hospital? Anyone can advise?
Our first appointment at NUH with Prof Wong was about 800 sgd(consultation with scan, chlamydia smear, blood tests for both of us, without hubby's semen analysis and my HSG).

Actually I think most of the time, nurses don't really give accurate information. It really depends on your condition. For mine, my doc did tell me there's isn't much difference for one day. But I was using gonal-F tho, so not sure if different brand matters too.

I see. I feel there shouldn't be much difference as what your doctor mentioned. I'm a first-timer, and am naturally worried and would want the procedures to be done on time and right to maximize chances. Just worried, and also because as a subsidized patient, I don't get to see the doctor to clarify my doubts at all.. :(

Hello Everyone!

I am TTC for more than a year, previously went for a check at Thomson women clinic (Serangoon). The doc advised me to keep trying naturally for a year if no result, then decide what is next.

I am a subsidized patient with KKH. The cost for registration, drugs, scans and procedure does not exceed S$2600 (I don't remember how much I paid KKH for HSG and all the blood tests..). I was looking at Raffles Medical's fertility site and saw this:

upload_2018-1-26_18-1-43.png

But do note that the cost may differ if you are going through SO-IUI. You may wish to call them to verify. My experience is I also waited extremely long just to see the doctor.. Talking about 1.5-2 hours wait for each visit.

I jus went for the briefing for SOIUI. Nurse was saying when i come mense 1st day i need to call them then next day i have to go down to take those medicine n they teach me gow to jab. then i need to go for ultrasound scan. after some scan when i m ready they will procees to do the SOIUI but my concern was my office colleagues cos they very bad de. Will bad mouth ppl. I don know how to take so many days leave w/o tell them. They very kpo de sure ask.

Back