IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

I jus went for the briefing for SOIUI. Nurse was saying when i come mense 1st day i need to call them then next day i have to go down to take those medicine n they teach me gow to jab. then i need to go for ultrasound scan. after some scan when i m ready they will procees to do the SOIUI but my concern was my office colleagues cos they very bad de. Will bad mouth ppl. I don know how to take so many days leave w/o tell them. They very kpo de sure ask.

Hi Ivy, which hospital are you with? Is your workplace near the hospital? For the briefing, it can be done on a Saturday morning. For scans with a doctor's appointment, you can get a medical leave for the day.

I go KKH. But the scan need to go a few times rite?

I'm also with KKH. I did 2 scans prior to IUI procedure. Was given MCs for both days. If the first IUI is not successful, you'd have to go down to KKH for another scan prior to your next IUI on your next menses. If you can wait for a month to clear your body of any residue follicles and medication from the jabs, then the scan is not required.

I actually went to work after the scans even though I was given a day's MC.

I'm also with KKH. I did 2 scans prior to IUI procedure. Was given MCs for both days. If the first IUI is not successful, you'd have to go down to KKH for another scan prior to your next IUI on your next menses. If you can wait for a month to clear your body of any residue follicles and medication from the jabs, then the scan is not required.

I actually went to work after the scans even though I was given a day's MC.
You do the scan in the morning? did u went to collect the medicine in the morning too?

I went to do HSG test yesterday. The process is ok. After that, I went to JB for shopping.
Middle of the night, I got diarrhea and vomiting.
Today I Goggle search, some people have this problem too. Does it mean my tube is block?
Or infection? Or purely food poisoning?

Does anyone using Android app to log in this forum?
I changed my Hp, I want to download back the app but unfound.
The forum got provide the link, but error too.

Heard that high success rate for iui is to perform the iui between 24 hour and 36 hours after the injection (hCG)
My folicle is 17mm in D14. Doctor advised me to do iui in D18 and have an injection (hCG) on D16.
Was wondering if i should follow doctor advice to do iui on my D18 as this will be more than 36 hours after the injection.

Hi, do u know the name of the HCG injection?

Ladies,

I will be returning 200 red eggs at Toa Payoh Shuang Lin Temple this coming Sunday (4Feb morning) to thank ZSNN for blessing me with my Miracle baby who arrived in Dec17.

For those who are keen to collect the eggs, you may go to the temple after 1230pm.

Once again spreading baby dusts to all of you and please do not give up and i wish that everyone here will carry your bundle your joy soon.

Hello All

Abt to go for SO-IUI , last month trying naturally.
Agree it's based on individual case and different docs have diff medical viewpoint.

I've talked to a few docs. Some will tell me to go straight to IVF cos I'm over 40.

Others will say SO-IUI could help, lower success rate and risk of multiples.

They have all told me to forget abt natural IUI. They said proven not effective, yet I hear success stories.

Baby dusts to all !

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-04-21-33-40-020_com.android.vending.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-04-21-33-40-020_com.android.vending.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 306
Hello All

Abt to go for SO-IUI , last month trying naturally.
Agree it's based on individual case and different docs have diff medical viewpoint.

I've talked to a few docs. Some will tell me to go straight to IVF cos I'm over 40.

Others will say SO-IUI could help, lower success rate and risk of multiples.

They have all told me to forget abt natural IUI. They said proven not effective, yet I hear success stories.

Baby dusts to all !

Hi grumpet, which hospitals did you go to? Is your husband's sperm quality okay? Did both of you go for fertility checks?

Hi grumpet, which hospitals did you go to? Is your husband's sperm quality okay? Did both of you go for fertility checks?

Hi Hi,
I've been to NUH, SGH and now at TMC since I won't get any subsidy. Yes full check up and alot more.
Hubby had some motility / morphology border line 2 years back doc said was ok. gave some supplements. Recent SA some motility is now very good. morphology is on low side but doc said can take as normal.

Phantom, which hospital did you go for your first SO-IUI, and which doctor? Did the doctor track your ovulation before procedure or just did the procedure after trigger shot?

I goggle search, some pple delayed their period after HSG test.
I did HSG test on 31 Jan, my period is late for few days now.
Initially I still thought it's a hope for pregnancy.

Nice ! very good to hear. What was yr issue if u dont mind sharing?
Do u have twins or singleton w yr first pregnancy? I should stop thinking and worry about multiple.

Last month's TWW was crazy. I had all the pregnancy symptoms. Sore boobs, enhanced sense of smell, forgetful, etc.... but it was just pms. also w rash on tummy.... but aunt flo came 1-2 days late, sigh.

started all my jabs. After the IUI, are u given MC to rest at home, or go back to work the next day?

Hi All, I'm new to this forum. I'm 30 and going to do my first IUI at KKH this month. Today is my CD 12 and the follicle size is 15.5 and uterus lining 9. Do you guys think is it normal? What i read was the average diameter of dominant follicle will be 22-24mm before ovulation. I took letrozole 250 for 5 days (CD 2-6) and whenever i took letrozole i got menstruated exactly on 28th day. In 28 day cycle ovulation will be on 12th day right? I'm too confused about the ovulation day and the size of my follicle. If anybody did IUI before, please help me to clarify.

Last edited:
Hi All, I'm new to this forum. I'm 30 and going to do my first IUI at KKH this month. Today is my CD 11 and the follicle size is 15.5 and uterus lining 9. Do you guys think is it normal? What i read was the average diameter of dominant follicle will be 22-24mm before ovulation. I took letrozole 250 for 5 days (CD 2-6) and whenever i took letrozole i got menstruated exactly on 28th day. In 28 day cycle ovulation will be on 12th day right? I'm too confused about the ovulation day and the size of my follicle. If anybody did IUI before, please help me to clarify.

i did my first IUI with KKH as well last yr end. Doc told me ideal follicle size is minimum 16-18mm, uterus lining is minimum 7-8mm. mine is close to the range but didn't succeed. Wish you will be lucky to strike.

Hi, first of all i just wanna clarify i am male. Hope yall dun mind. We tried for quite sometimes and very depressing when no news.

Came across and thankfully this forum helps and provide many information especially those in same situation.

My babe took 1 week leave. BT shows high number, and was expecting twins. Unfortunately, one got no heartbeat after few weeks. Omg, roller coaster again.
And yes, u dont have to worry so much. When there is chance to stick/preg means got chance. Must have faith in ur dr. Chemistry plays big part too.

#1 born in Aug 2016. Unexpectedly, #2 arriving in Aug 2017 (natural).

So hope yall hang on, try/preserve.

Do keep urself warm and relax. My babe wear socks, drink red bean soup with beans to thicken lining. Fyi.

Nice ! very good to hear. What was yr issue if u dont mind sharing?
Do u have twins or singleton w yr first pregnancy? I should stop thinking and worry about multiple.

Last month's TWW was crazy. I had all the pregnancy symptoms. Sore boobs, enhanced sense of smell, forgetful, etc.... but it was just pms. also w rash on tummy.... but aunt flo came 1-2 days late, sigh.

started all my jabs. After the IUI, are u given MC to rest at home, or go back to work the next day?
Pcos/irregular
Dr say lots of egg, but not fertilized.:/

Hi, first of all i just wanna clarify i am male. Hope yall dun mind. We tried for quite sometimes and very depressing when no news.

Came across and thankfully this forum helps and provide many information especially those in same situation.

My babe took 1 week leave. BT shows high number, and was expecting twins. Unfortunately, one got no heartbeat after few weeks. Omg, roller coaster again.
And yes, u dont have to worry so much. When there is chance to stick/preg means got chance. Must have faith in ur dr. Chemistry plays big part too.

#1 born in Aug 2016. Unexpectedly, #2 arriving in Aug 2017 (natural).

So hope yall hang on, try/preserve.

Do keep urself warm and relax. My babe wear socks, drink red bean soup with beans to thicken lining. Fyi.

Hello,
Don't mind at all. Glad to see some hubbies taking active role :)
Ya chemistry w doc is important. I've gone to a few.

Hope all's well and ends well !

Today start period, tomorrow start oral medicine, sat start jab medicine. 8th march, go to clinic do ultrasound scanning.
If smoothly, 10th march start SO-IUI.

Hi All, I'm new to this forum. I'm 30 and going to do my first IUI at KKH this month. Today is my CD 12 and the follicle size is 15.5 and uterus lining 9. Do you guys think is it normal? What i read was the average diameter of dominant follicle will be 22-24mm before ovulation. I took letrozole 250 for 5 days (CD 2-6) and whenever i took letrozole i got menstruated exactly on 28th day. In 28 day cycle ovulation will be on 12th day right? I'm too confused about the ovulation day and the size of my follicle. If anybody did IUI before, please help me to clarify.

Hi, yr Letrozole dosage is 250mg? I think mine was just 2.5mg. CD9 scan, my follicles are abt 15cm one on each side, ready to trigger and do IUI 3 days later.

Doctor ask me to do blood test before SO-IUI for both of us. Each person cost about $200.
My clinic is TFC.
Does anyone goes to other clinic to do blood test?
Any clinic do blood test is cheaper? I need to blood test results by Wed.

Yes, around the range at tfc. For us, we did everything at tfc. Important is to achieve wat we want. Exp, no choice. Gd6 to u

Hi ,
Did my SO-IUI yesterday. was so tense... trying to relax now. was CD12-, no blood test but maybe becos I had done alot already.
We had to go TFC for the sperm washing, collect it and go to TMC for the procedure.
TWW starts :/ I'm not going to temp BBT and try not to symptom spot too much this round.
Good luck to all !! hope we will be blessed.

Hi ,
Did my SO-IUI yesterday. was so tense... trying to relax now. was CD12-, no blood test but maybe becos I had done alot already.
We had to go TFC for the sperm washing, collect it and go to TMC for the procedure.
TWW starts :/ I'm not going to temp BBT and try not to symptom spot too much this round.

Good Luck to You!!

Mee too did my IUI on friday, it was on CD 15. CD 14 i went for scanning and did an ovulation test. follicle was 20mm and ovulation test was +ve. So they took trigger shot and gave me 4 antibiotic tab for avoid infection and ask me to come back on friday for IUI. Everything went smooth and now am taking progesterone tab 2 times a day and on 9 i need to go for blood test to check the hormone level and if no menses pregnancy blood test will be on 20. And the most difficult part is this 2 weeks waiting. Please pray for me to get it succeed.

Doctor ask me to do blood test before SO-IUI for both of us. Each person cost about $200.
My clinic is TFC.
Does anyone goes to other clinic to do blood test?
Any clinic do blood test is cheaper? I need to blood test results by Wed.

We also did and it's around 400++ for both of us at KKH.

@Tpt
The jabs help to stimulate yr follicles and ovulate. There are a few types I read abt Menopur, Puregon
So depending on dosage and how u react to the drugs, the doc will adjust it.
When it's time to trigger ovulation, Ovidrel shot is given.
and some ppl are put on progesterone, which can be jabs too. depending on hormonal levels.

I guess IVF will be a much higher dose compared to SO-IUI so that can retrieve more eggs.

Some docs won't given jabs for initial Medicated IUI, just pills (Clomid/ Letrozole) . depends on Gynea.

Good Luck to You!!

Mee too did my IUI on friday, it was on CD 15. CD 14 i went for scanning and did an ovulation test. follicle was 20mm and ovulation test was +ve. So they took trigger shot and gave me 4 antibiotic tab for avoid infection and ask me to come back on friday for IUI. Everything went smooth and now am taking progesterone tab 2 times a day and on 9 i need to go for blood test to check the hormone level and if no menses pregnancy blood test will be on 20. And the most difficult part is this 2 weeks waiting. Please pray for me to get it succeed.

Hope we will see BFP or positive blood test !!! :)

@Tpt
The jabs help to stimulate yr follicles and ovulate. There are a few types I read abt Menopur, Puregon
So depending on dosage and how u react to the drugs, the doc will adjust it.
When it's time to trigger ovulation, Ovidrel shot is given.
and some ppl are put on progesterone, which can be jabs too. depending on hormonal levels.

I guess IVF will be a much higher dose compared to SO-IUI so that can retrieve more eggs.

Some docs won't given jabs for initial Medicated IUI, just pills (Clomid/ Letrozole) . depends on Gynea.

Thank you for ur advise.. I’m planning to do iui this cycle.. however still quite confuse about it

Hi ,

Good luck.. TFC?

Thanks! Thomson Fertility Clinic

what are u confused abt? I was there too

Because my doc didn’t share a lot wit me.. they only asked me to call them on the 1st day of period and they will advise on the date of scan.. I’m not sure how scan or consultation before iui.. did ur doc share all the detail

Back