IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Yes I can even go to the extend to think that is it our sex position wrong hahaha I’m with kkh. So I Guess I’ll continue with kkh for IVF as well. If unsuccessful, I’ll probably try private gynae. How bout you?
I’m with Dr Paul Tseng at TMC.. will continue with my 2nd iui then decide again! Don’t think so much enjoy this long Xmas weekend 1st :)

Hi AAWWBBdust

How are you feeling today? Must rest well and relax! Merry Xmas and baby dust to all of us!

Feeling better... less lethargic! Wed is going for the blood test on cycle day 21... wonder what’s that blood test for...feeling a bit of cramp but no spotting! Was thinking I got nothing this month as usual! Lol
Anyway enjoy the festive holiday and a happy new year for us to start the baby making!

Returning Red Eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file)

Dear all, I’m an ivf mummy who thankfully succeed in my first fresh Ivf in feb done in sgh with dr Yu suling. I’ve delivered my first born, baby boy on 25th nov and am returning red eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file) tomorrow (25th dec) morning - his full month. If you are interested in collecting the red eggs, you can drop by the temples after 11am. Baby dust to all here!Anf a Merry Christmas to all too! :)

Feeling better... less lethargic! Wed is going for the blood test on cycle day 21... wonder what’s that blood test for...feeling a bit of cramp but no spotting! Was thinking I got nothing this month as usual! Lol
Anyway enjoy the festive holiday and a happy new year for us to start the baby making!
Jiayou AAWWBBdust :)
Why do u need to do blood test on D21?
My doctor did not encourage me to take on SO-IUI because I’m able to ovulate normally.
But it seems weird that always 1 side show more follicles .. wondering my the other side got problem anot :(

Returning Red Eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file)

Dear all, I’m an ivf mummy who thankfully succeed in my first fresh Ivf in feb done in sgh with dr Yu suling. I’ve delivered my first born, baby boy on 25th nov and am returning red eggs to Zsnn at Tao Payoh & Temple Near Vivo City (See uploaded file) tomorrow (25th dec) morning - his full month. If you are interested in collecting the red eggs, you can drop by the temples after 11am. Baby dust to all here!Anf a Merry Christmas to all too! :)
Congrats on your bundle of joy! Appreciate your kind thoughts of sharing your baby luck!
May I ask did u do iui before the ivf?

Jiayou AAWWBBdust :)
Why do u need to do blood test on D21?
My doctor did not encourage me to take on SO-IUI because I’m able to ovulate normally.
But it seems weird that always 1 side show more follicles .. wondering my the other side got problem anot :(

To test the hormones. I only got one 17mm on the left.. right side only 5mm, didn’t grow... I am also natural iui...but do you take the Dydrogesterone pills after IUI? Do you have any side effects?

To test the hormones. I only got one 17mm on the left.. right side only 5mm, didn’t grow... I am also natural iui...but do you take the Dydrogesterone pills after IUI? Do you have any side effects?
I see.. when’s the next scan? Yes.. I took the same pill after IUI, side effects are bloated ness and fatigue :( how about u?

I see.. when’s the next scan? Yes.. I took the same pill after IUI, side effects are bloated ness and fatigue :( how about u?

Next will be blood test again after the two weeks wait next next Monday, no more scanning, if Fail I will wait until Mar for Ivf le.... I have hunger, breast pain, bloated and cramps...fatigue still not so bad after the first few days...

Next will be blood test again after the two weeks wait next next Monday, no more scanning, if Fail I will wait until Mar for Ivf le.... I have hunger, breast pain, bloated and cramps...fatigue still not so bad after the first few days...
Maybe it is good news? Just continue to keep yourself hydrated and rest well! Don’t think so much☺️ TWW is very loooooong wait hor..

Hi All, happy to join u guys on the journey. Started my first SOIUI cycle with Dr Loh today after seeing him on the first visit. Mine is a Long cycle of 32 days so Dr Loh said ok to start immediately (on CD5) and put me on Letrozole. Baby dust to all

Anyone has any idea what will happen if I developed a flu while undergoing SOIUI? I ate flu and phlegm medicine. Not sure if it will affect the my chances

Hi all

I just remove my polyps in dec 17 and going back review in Jan 18. Previously, doc recommend me to do IUI after i remove my polyps. I hear IUI successful rate very low. Don know i should striagh do IVF or do IUI. i saw some of u discuss IUI & SOIUI. May i know wat is the diff? Anyone can share wif me e procedure? Does IUI request to rest at home after e procedure?

Hi all

I just remove my polyps in dec 17 and going back review in Jan 18. Previously, doc recommend me to do IUI after i remove my polyps. I hear IUI successful rate very low. Don know i should striagh do IVF or do IUI. i saw some of u discuss IUI & SOIUI. May i know wat is the diff? Anyone can share wif me e procedure? Does IUI request to rest at home after e procedure?

SOIUI is medication with jab to produce more than 1 follicle. IUI is more natural, no jabs. Resting is definitely but i don’t think need to stay at home whole day after the procedure. Ultimately, it’s up to each individual.

My iui procedure will be next Mon. At my current sick condition, I Guess it’s likely to be negative . Spending new year with a fever.

Hope you get your BFP! Do update us your result.
Hello Sunshine_85
My 1st iui was last month and failed :(
Now waiting for my O day before 2nd iui.. doctor did not allow me to do SOIUI as he says i’m O normally. Guess i’m trying my luck for 2nd time.
U don’t think too much.. sometimes it’s common to have flu syptoms when ur body r preparing and maybe due to the medication and jab. Hope u have a good iui on Monday in a new year! Baby dust :)

Good luck AAWWBBdust! Hope u r feeling good and share with us good news soon :)
Me starting my 2nd iui most likely next Monday .. so scared of the TWW again..

Hi all

Hi ngivy

Have u done any iui before? I guess most gynae will encourage us to try naturally if possible if we are able to ovulate normally.
But I think my age is catching up and hence Hubby decides for us to go iui or ivf..
I did my 1st iui last year (Dec’17) so near only :p anyway yes the success rate is kinda low.. I think is 15-20%.. at least worth a try given more scans and extraction of better mobile swimmers to try meet our egg!
From my own experience, I took 1 day leave with the following sequence of events:
Morning wake up rested LH surge in urine test
Then chiong for
8.30am - reached clinic for sperms extraction
11.30am - collect best swimmers in a little test tube (have to slot inside our bra to secure)
11.45am - reach gynae’s clinic to perform iui whereby gynae will insert a thin tube with Hubby’s swimmers from the test tube into our uterus (a little painful)
12plus - done and bed rest for 30mins
Went home to sleep after that :)

Hope this is helpful to u :)

Hi ngivy

Have u done any iui before? I guess most gynae will encourage us to try naturally if possible if we are able to ovulate normally.
But I think my age is catching up and hence Hubby decides for us to go iui or ivf..
I did my 1st iui last year (Dec’17) so near only :p anyway yes the success rate is kinda low.. I think is 15-20%.. at least worth a try given more scans and extraction of better mobile swimmers to try meet our egg!
From my own experience, I took 1 day leave with the following sequence of events:
Morning wake up rested LH surge in urine test
Then chiong for
8.30am - reached clinic for sperms extraction
11.30am - collect best swimmers in a little test tube (have to slot inside our bra to secure)
11.45am - reach gynae’s clinic to perform iui whereby gynae will insert a thin tube with Hubby’s swimmers from the test tube into our uterus (a little painful)
12plus - done and bed rest for 30mins
Went home to sleep after that :)

Hope this is helpful to u :)
I did not do IUI before. Doc previosuly advise me to remove my polyps then after review do IUI. Doc previously check my hub sperms and say that the shape is not normal but she say is common to some men. My friend tell me IUI is like normal intercourse. So i am thinking if should straigh do IVF. I am 35 this year already so don know should try again ot go do IVF. Any idea how much is IUI? But i hear IVF need take like 2 wk mc, my dept ppl mouth very bad one. So that is 1 of my concern on doing IVF.

Last edited:
Hello Sunshine_85
My 1st iui was last month and failed :(
Now waiting for my O day before 2nd iui.. doctor did not allow me to do SOIUI as he says i’m O normally. Guess i’m trying my luck for 2nd time.
U don’t think too much.. sometimes it’s common to have flu syptoms when ur body r preparing and maybe due to the medication and jab. Hope u have a good iui on Monday in a new year! Baby dust :)

Hmm. I have regular menses and ovulate normally too but doctor recommended SOIUI for us. Prolly cos my DH sperm quality not too good (Low morphology). Anyway realised that we will be having our IUI procedure next mon! Can TWW together. Lolx

So your IUI means one follicle each iui cycle or more?

I did not do IUI before. Doc previosuly advise me to remove my polyps then after review do IUI. Doc previously check my hub sperms and say that the shape is not normal but she say is common to some men. My friend tell me IUI is like normal intercourse. So i am thinking if should straigh do IVF. I am 35 this year already so don know should try again ot go do IVF. Any idea how much is IUI? But i hear IVF need take like 2 wk mc, my dept ppl mouth very bad one. So that is 1 of my concern on doing IVF.
Oic.. understand your concern here..
Yes.. iui is the artificial kind of intercourse - very scientific! I’m also 35 this year so can totally understand how u feel now. I’m also thinking to try IVF straight if 2nd attempt not successful to shorten this waiting process :(

Hmm. I have regular menses and ovulate normally too but doctor recommended SOIUI for us. Prolly cos my DH sperm quality not too good (Low morphology). Anyway realised that we will be having our IUI procedure next mon! Can TWW together. Lolx

So your IUI means one follicle each iui cycle or more?
Yes so exciting! At least can TWW together :)
Ya.. normal IUI is the standard 1 follicle only.
That’s why I wanted to try SOIUI but my gynae don’t recommend..

Yes so exciting! At least can TWW together :)
Ya.. normal IUI is the standard 1 follicle only.
That’s why I wanted to try SOIUI but my gynae don’t recommend..

How’s your scan so far? Follicles growing well? I’m going for my scan tmr. Kkh seemed to arrange for many scans. Tmr is only my second scan at TMC.

Last edited:
How’s your scan so far? Follicles growing well? I’m going for my scan tmr. Kkh seemed to arrange for many scans. Tmr is only my second scan at TMC.
I’m also going to TMC for scan tomorrow morning! Which clinic u going? My scans are at D2, D10 and D15 and hopefully iui on D17!

I’m also going to TMC for scan tomorrow morning! Which clinic u going? My scans are at D2, D10 and D15 and hopefully iui on D17!

I’m with Dr Loh at O&G. Our first consultation started on D5 and I asked if I can start immediately cos I dont wanna waste one cycle. He said ok cos I have longer cycle (32days). Not sure how’s my eggs growing. Tmr is the second scan at D12. If growth ok then IUI on D15.

I’m with Dr Loh at O&G. Our first consultation started on D5 and I asked if I can start immediately cos I dont wanna waste one cycle. He said ok cos I have longer cycle (32days). Not sure how’s my eggs growing. Tmr is the second scan at D12. If growth ok then IUI on D15.
Jiayou! Hope our egg size is growing well & lining thickening :) r u eating any supplement now?

Jiayou! Hope our egg size is growing well & lining thickening :) r u eating any supplement now?

I’m drinking raspberry leaf tea. I read the old forum posts and they recommended the tea. Mayb later drink red bean soup after lunch. I’m just eating folic acid and fish oil. Nothing new. My DH on multivitamins and TCM. But both of us not feeling well over the new year. Not sure if it will affect the outcome...

I’m drinking raspberry leaf tea. I read the old forum posts and they recommended the tea. Mayb later drink red bean soup after lunch. I’m just eating folic acid and fish oil. Nothing new. My DH on multivitamins and TCM. But both of us not feeling well over the new year. Not sure if it will affect the outcome...
Jiayou!!! At least your DH is taking vitamins! Mine doesn’t want to take! Haha... just finish D15 scan and need to test for LH surge at home this weekend and iui on Monday if everything right! I’m starting to eat folic acid today.. so slow oops!

At least your DH is taking vitamins! Mine doesn’t want to take!
same here, I was very angry with him, after quarrels he changed his mind ha ha. I asked the doctor to prescribe a prescription for man fertility vitamins and showed it to the hubby that he must take it. Now he's taking Redoxon Vita Immune from Guardian, even said he likes its taste, tablet contains is very good dose there.
https://www.guardian.com.sg/redoxon-vita-immune-15s/p/137933

Jiayou!!! At least your DH is taking vitamins! Mine doesn’t want to take! Haha... just finish D15 scan and need to test for LH surge at home this weekend and iui on Monday if everything right! I’m starting to eat folic acid today.. so slow oops!

How’s your scan? Hope your eggs are growing well. Good luck!

same here, I was very angry with him, after quarrels he changed his mind ha ha. I asked the doctor to prescribe a prescription for man fertility vitamins and showed it to the hubby that he must take it. Now he's taking Redoxon Vita Immune from Guardian, even said he likes its taste, tablet contains is very good dose there.
https://www.guardian.com.sg/redoxon-vita-immune-15s/p/137933
Oh that’s nice! I like that vitamin C drink :)
What cycle r u undergoing now?
Baby dust to all of us!

Oh that’s nice! I like that vitamin C drink :)
What cycle r u undergoing now?
Baby dust to all of us!
We decided skip IUI due to we are 40 y.o., going straight to IVF, should start injection after CNY.
Actually doctor wanted IUI first, but I said noo don’t want.

Hi BBsparkle, I joined (I love children campaign) to get free fertility check at Thomson medical centre (one of the clinic). Any recommended brand for folic acid?

There’s no particular brand bah. Think all folic acid pills are good. U can drop by KKH and buy 3 months supply. It’s less than $10.

Haha! I’m going natural O so can only see 1 big follicle ~ 16mm.. how about yours?
I have to do urine test for LH surge for tomorrow and Sunday morning... then IUI on Monday :p how about yours?

Hmm mine got 2 follicles ~15mm with a lining of 11mm. Doc said can do IUI on coming mon. He didn’t ask me to test for LH surge. But doing trigger shot tonight near midnight.

Hmm mine got 2 follicles ~15mm with a lining of 11mm. Doc said can do IUI on coming mon. He didn’t ask me to test for LH surge. But doing trigger shot tonight near midnight.
Okok I see! Cos u r on SOIUI so no need to test urine for LH surge :) your follicles and lining are good size! Good luck on Monday!

Back