Hong Kong Disneyland

hello..mummies,
Can anyone advise what is the journey like from Airport to Disneyland? Taxi? MTR?

Planning for a stay there, but anyone can advise via tour package is better or book on our own?

TIA.
happy.gif

Worry mum,

we went on our own le.... transportation wise, Disneyland is near to airport; followed by Kowloon and then Hong Kong Island.

We went there by cab from Kowloon.

But you can get Hotellink's Shutter bus service to Disneyland's Hollywood hotel/other Disneyland hotel.

Alternatively is to take cab (think ard 120~150; it is around 15 minutes) or take train if u re not having lots of luggage.

Hi worry mum,

airport to Disneyland is very near.. can take mtr,

to kowloon, u can take hotel bus in airport.. if less luggage cam take train..

Hi Jovan's Mum,

After looking at your pic of mickey mouse lugguage, I am so tempted to get one small one for my girl.

Do u have the exact address of the lugguage shop?

Hi Jovan's mum & Linda,

The hotel u recommended issit this :
Langham Place Hotel Mongkok
555 SHANGHAI STREET MONGKOK
Hong Kong, CN
Hong Kong Area: Kowloon

Will be bringing my boys to HK during the Vesak day holiday & both disneyland hotels are fully booked, so now busy looking for hotel....sigh
sad.gif

Oh ya, is the location wise convenient? near MTR? any other recommendation for more spacious hotel room? Thanks u
happy.gif

Hi miao

Yes, the hotel is located at mongkok. You can take a look at their website at http://www.langhamplace.com.hk.

I am also going during the vesak holidays. We'll be staying at Novotel Nathan located at Jordan (few mins away from Jordan MTR). This is a brand new hotel which has just opened in March 2008. The hotel is also near ladies market and temple street.

You can also look a their website at http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fichehotel/gb/nov/6771/fiche_situation.shtml

Hope this is helpful to you and you manage to book your rooms. clipart{kao_smile2}

Thanks linda....maybe we'll bump into each other there....guess alot of parents are oso making use of the long weekend to bring their kids for a short getaway
happy.gif

Have fun & may u & yr family have a wonderful & enjoyable trip....cheers
happy.gif

i just came back from HK last weekend. I stayed in the Novotel Nathan Road. It's very good. Clean though not very big. But it's very new and the bed is King Size bed. very seldom you can find King Size bed in Hong Kong hotels.......pillow is the feather type. and the price is reasonable. Distance to Jordan MTR is only less than 5 mins walk.

I saw that mickey luggage in the Taste Supermarket at Citygate Shopping Centre (Tung Chung). If i dont remember wrongly, it's selling for HK$790. I was so tempted to get but din coz worry that my luggage will be over weight. I also saw more designs at Ladies Street. It's at a corner shop at junction of Shan Tung Street and Ladies Street (aka Sai Yeung Choi Street). I din ask the price though.

we also stayed in Hollywood hotel in Disneyland. The room is also not bad. But then, actually if going to Disneyland for 1 day only, then actually can stay at Novotel Citygate. More convenient coz can go shopping and eating there. But if stay at Disneyland resort hotels, they have a stay and visit special promotion, buy 1 day disneyland pass can visit 2 days. so quite worth it then.

Some photos of the room i stayed in Novotel Nathan Road Hotel.....

There is a sofa besides the bed (can used as "extra bed" for a toddler but the sofa is a bit hard....)

1410905.jpg

Coffee making area, they provide the usual like tea and coffee. Since hotel was just renovated, even the kettle is new and clean (not like the usual ones you see in hotels that are old and rusty looking.....)

1410917.jpg

geee.. thanks for the information dc.
can you please tell us how is the weather like over there in hk?
i m wondering if i should be bringing any jackets for the kids.
as for myself, i decided to take some tube top. what you think?

sorry, din see the message till today. the weather is super hot in HK. the kids dont need long sleeves. we were in tees and long pants on 1st day of Disneyland and we really regretted it. it's so hot. i had to buy a visor to cover my face.........2nd day, we were smarter, shorts and sleeveless. haha.

tube top would be great.
happy.gif

depends on your age of children. Prudential is just above Jordan MTR. so if it's raining, you wont get wet. But for Novotel, got to walk about 2 streets away, less than 5 mins walk though. So it's raining, will get wet lor......

DC/Rfbabe,

I will be traveling with my sister, we have 3 adults and 3 children. Can u gals suggest some itinerary? With the children along, disney is a must.

Is it Ramada Hong Kong hotel? if that is the case, it's on Hong Kong island side. It's not really within walking distance from Sheung Wan MTR. u are booking 2 rooms? better to stay near MTR coz anytime, if the children are tired, can go back easily for halftime break. also, if a lot of stuff to carry after shopping, can easily go back and put things and come out again without wasting too much time.

Guess the usual places for shopping will be Ladies Market, Fa Yuen Street for street shopping, ard Mongkok area. The departmental stores in Causeway Bay and Tsim Sha Tsui area. If you venture further out, it will be like Shatin or Taikoo areas. Basically all are shopping centres. Tung Chung has a shopping centre called Citygate that has factory outlets. On the way to the Ngong Ping Cable car station.

Places of interests will be Ngong Ping Cable car at Lantau island, The Peak, Ocean Park and Disneyland, Ave of Stars, etc.

and of coz, cant miss the food........cha chang ting, dim sum, etc....

hi

I will be goin HK on 11th June-15th June, the 1st 3 days will be staying at Harbour Plaza resort city, any comments on this hotel? Seems like it's quite far to central shopping district.. got to spend some time traveling before i can start my shopping spree.. haiz..

hi all,

any comments on dorsett seaview hotel?
and
which will provide a better experience for younger kids: disneyland hotel or hollywood?
and how much is the pass(?) to disneyland park?
is the adult and child fare the same?

thanks for sharing

thinking of going in june/july. whats the weather like?

thanks

cheryl,

I am not very sure about Metropole hotel. Is it the one near Prince Edward MTR? If so, then it's within walking distance to MTR and a few stops to the main shopping area.

Bel_mummy,

wow, Harbour Plaza resort hotel is a bit out of way although i heard that the hotel is very nice. But to go to town is quite troublesome. either a direct bus or a shuttle bus to train station to take train. Can be like nearly an hour to travel to town area. Better bring a big bag to dump all your shopping stuff coz you will have to lug your purchases every where you go till you go back to the hotel.

ora,

i heard dorsett seaview hotel's rooms are very small. though can still walk to the Yau Mei Tei MTR station. near to Temple Street. If with kids, maybe you might want to stay in a hotel with bigger rooms though. i stay in hollywood hotel so i cant really comment on disneyland hotel. You can check the pass rates in the hongkong disneyland webpage. If you stay in their hotels, you can purchase the 2 day pass for only 1 day price. Promotion till end of Sep 08.

End jun/early jul, there's when the sales starts but the weather is going to be very hot. I was there before in Jul. it's was very warm the whole day. keep perspiring as we walked the streets though there are many things to buy.
happy.gif
coz sales time.

Langham Place Mongkok is really very good.... And just across the road, there's a normal looking 'coffee shop', but it sells fantastic egg tarts!! Good for breakfast!

I'll be going to Disney 09 - 11 June, staying at Disneyland hotel and from 11 - 13 June, I'll be moving over to Mongkok to do my shopping at ladies st!! Yipeeee!! can't wait to go there. I am sure my 2 year old girl is also looking forward to the trip to see her beloved Mickey Mouse =)

Thanks DC for the useful information

hi mummies,

children public transport fare for bus and mtr.
how much must they pay and for how old and above?

thanks

hi venx,
u can get the ferry tix fm the ferry point, i forgot the name le, it's Harbourcity or Harbour something... Went last nov, but memory no good liao :p

Try to get tix 1 day in advace 'cos we went on the day we wanted to go macau, reached around 10am and the tix were fully booked till 1 or 2pm. So we changed plan and went somewhere else for the day and bought tix for the next day.

Not sure if this happens daily but better to be safe than sorry. We are lucky we had alternative plans and still able to go macau the next day.

We went to the Venetian hotel and macau tower,tat's about it. Lugging 2 kids with us we try to keep the trip simple.
Some cabbies will come touting for biz asking u to book their cabs for the whole day at a price but most hotels provide free transport fm the ferry point when u reach Macau. Taxi back is cheap too.

For other things to see I believe u can get a pretty good idea fm the web. HTHs.

Hi Violet B

Yhanks for the info. So did u stay a nite in Macau? So there's public transport near the ferry terminal to the Macau tower?

Any other interesting shopping area?

hi Venx,
no i did not stay in maccau 'cos oni there to look see look see
happy.gif

i think there are bus services available but am too lazy to find out. Since we hv 2 kids with us so we gathered it's easier to take a cab. It's not expensive to Macau tower.
There is a tourist information at the ferry terminal and you can ask them about the public transport.

hi DC, the Novetel Nathan Hotel is 4 or 5*? if u dun mind sharing, how much did u pay 4 the pkg?
happy.gif

btw heard tt there is typhoon in HK now so my hb feels its not safe to visit now, though i am dying to go there coz of the sales!
sad.gif

oh talking abt the sales...wow..yummy!!

If you like LongChamp, they have very nice collection there. And they also have this limited version selling for only $100. Very lovely colours and extremely practical too. Wish I had bought a few! Visit the outlet at TST. They have a good collection.

Hi Violet B

Is the currency used in Macau the same value as HongKong dollars? Can HK $ be used if we shop at those small retail shops or taking cab etc?

I don't feel like changing too much macau $ as I only go there for 1 day see look look see only

hi Venx,
yea, can use HK $ in Macau 'cos HK $ is of slightly higher value. But since oni a day shd be alright for cabs n such....

Hi

Thot of bringing my boy 2 and 1/2 yrs boy to Hk in Oct? Thot of bring pram or stroller? Is it convenient to bring it.

How do u settle yr meals in disneyland if u are staying overnight there? Is it very exp?

JTS

those going macau via ferry or from zhuhai border,

there is no need to take cab/public transport.

almost ALL (95%) of the hotel have free bus service thru & from ferry terminal & the border. timing is about 15-20mins one bus...

ferry terminal buses are just outside the terminal

border buses just gotta walk out a bit further for most of the buses.

hope this helps
happy.gif

hello Mtan
I went there last oct and enjoyed myself tremendously! it's a great period to go - quiet and the weather is fantastic! Not too hot.

I'll try my best answer your queries.

I brought my pram despite friends' advice not to. It was quite difficult I must say because I had to carry the pram up and down the stairs. Nevertheless, the pram served me very well since I was walking a lot everyday. I brought the pram everywhere I went.

I stayed in Disneyland for 2 nights. It's a great experience. Breakfast with the characters was awesome. It gave us plenty of photography opportunities. Of course, it's also very convenient. After the fireworks, you can hang around the park then take the shuttle bus to the hotel. I can't exactly remember how much I paid for the room. I think about SGD 500 bah. I ate at the hotel for breakfast then in the park for lunch and dinner. Do make your reservation so that you dun have to wait.

If you need more info, feel free to ask...will try to answer them...
happy.gif

Hi Mummies

Can recommend any good places for tim sum & good & cheap food. Where can I shop for nice children clothings. I heard there's a Thomas & Train shop in the airport anyone know which terminal? Is ocean park worth going? I'm be going this end Sept, with my 3 yrs old son so how's the weathercin late Sept?

Hi missk

Tks for sharing. Is the breakfast at Disneyland exp? Thot of staying first 2 nights in city and 1 night in Disney Hollywood. From disney, then proceed to airport back singapore.

How much u pay for ur hotel and airfare? $500 for 2 nights excluding breakfast? Shld we book ourselves or go thru travel agent which is definitely more exp?

Those who hv stayed at novotel nathan? Does it near to mtr?

Venx
Thomas The Tank Engine shop is located at Hongkong International Airport T2 2nd floor. The price is quite exp! For nice clothings you can shop around temple street. Got a few shop Korean/Japanese style clothing nice and trendy not very exp too. During the weekend day time temple street is converted to mini selling children clothing area quite nice and cheap cheaper than the shop i mention. I got quite a no of TTT items from streets pushcart and in causeway bay..

MTAN
Yes Novotel Nathan is very near to Jordon MTR

Thanks Jovan's Mum for the info.

Thomas tank shop is located in the transit area (after immigration) or the public area?

Do u know the name of the street name at temple street selling the pushcart children clothing.

Venx
i also forget before and after liao only know its at T2 2nd floor nia wor cos hor not very familiar with the airport ah keke.. As for the street name its called temple street aka 'miao jie' the pushcart is everywhere in Hongkong no exact or specific location cos all these pushcarts are illegal once they see police they will cover, push and run to hide very funny de...Shopping for nice children clothing is everywhere to be found but those at pushcart is definately more cheaper and quality is as good as shopping one hor! I remember there are quite a no of BP that sell anpanman, elmo, thomas t-shirts etc..in hongkong also have same quality but cheaper!

hello MTAN

I think it's abt SGD 500 for one night. We have 3 adults in a room. It might be cheaper. You can visit the website to take a look at the rates. I heard from people that if you become a member, you actually get discount off room rates. Again, you can check the website.

We did what you wanted to do. We stayed 4 nights in the city then 2 nights in Disneyland. From there, we proceeded to the airport.

Airfare was reasonable. Both CX and SQ cost abt sgd 500 including tax. I am not sure which is more expensive. Usually, I just book everything online.

MTAN,
Character buffet breakfast is served at Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. It costs HK$218 per adult and HK$110 per child aged 3-11 and is served in 2 rounds:

1st round: 0700-0900
2nd round: 0930-1100

I think if u book thru travel agents their packages usu include a stay at disney hollywood, not disney HK hotel.

it may be cheaper if u book the trip yourself.

Back