Help!! Maid or Nanny?

queen_kay

Hi all,

I'm a first time mother to be and quite torn about my decision between maid or a nanny. My baby will be due in late Oct or early Nov. I need advices from mummies who have been thru the same situation with no one to help take care of your new born after maternity leave...

Should I engage a maid or leave baby with a nanny??

If maid, she will be with baby alone on weekdays when my husband and I are out for work.

Is that advisable?

I need opinions from you all, thank you!!

Hi queen_kay,

I am also initially torn between maid or nanny or infant care (finally my mother-in-law will take care).

The advice i got from my friends and colleagues is to find a reliable nanny nearby instead of a maid as most of them with maid said that the maid is more like an extra kid than help.

Do you all leave ur babies with nanny overnight or pick them up every day? It is also difficult to search for good one that stays near you
sad.gif

mocha, its good that your mil willing to take over.

queen kay, i bring home everyday. i agree its hard to find a gd one. mine is about 10 mins walks, everyday to and fro till my knee cap strained...wat to do, if only own family wiling to help me.

I know a good maid, she is Filipino. kind and hardworking and her contract ending in December. PM me for more details
happy.gif
I'll give you her number

Sorry for the late reply I just checked this..

She is a friend of our nanny.. we have no problem with our nanny.. We are helping our nanny's friend find a new employer bec her contract is ending, she doesn't want to renew anymore because her employers are mean to her, they don't give her off days at all and she is not allowed to talk on the phone even at night to communicate with her family..
She is requesting for off days--twice a month..
Please call her if interested.. Joy 8452 6358

I'm looking for indonesian maid (Understand English) to clean my house and cook and look after my 2 yo & 6mths old girls(both in school, so only take care when they are off school). Sms 96993727 if you have any. Thanks!

Back