Dr Tan Kian Sing from TCM

Hatherwhite, phylee ; hv u gone back to say thanks at the temple? Need to prepare what huh? Shuang lin Si return the eggs right? I also go guan yin Si temple so must give what? Flowers and what else?

Hi ladies,

I had been a silent reader for a few months after we decided to see Dr Tan. I have learnt so much tips from you ladies!

Special thanks to Heatherwhite, I think we took your eggs the day you left them at the temple! They were painted red correct?

I am currently 13 weeks, and feeling very well, probably of Dr Tan's an tai medicine..
happy.gif

We have seen Dr Tan for about 2.5 months, and bought an eating set (bowl, plate and cutleries)and of course prayed at sznn at Toa Payoh.

Thank you all for being so joyful and encouraging! We are also due to go return eggs, would also like to know how to go about it.. Do we just bring the X number of promised eggs? Anything else?

Sparkletot29, congrats! I didn't know that we have to leave the red eggs with the temple. After prayed I brought them back and ate few!

When you going back to return eggs? Maybe I can get some of your eggs :p

Btw, when praying do you guys mention urs and hubby bazi to zsnn?

Hello girls! Hope everyone is doing fine
happy.gif
as for the eggs, I gave 30 eggs (not red ones) to sznn after I got my BFP. Will return 100 (as promised in my prayers) red eggs again on my babies' full month.

Congrats to Sparkletot!

Thank you gimme_a_break & phylee!

Most likely we will be going to return the eggs this coming Saturday afternoon. I guess we only need to return non-red ones correct? Then after BB's full month, return bright red eggs?

When we prayed, I only said out our full names and wishes, and promised to return eggs if our wish is granted, and prayed sincerely. We also bought 2 sets of joss stick set from the counter.

wow, we are seeing more dragon babies!!! Good news.....good news, 加油加油加油.

I haven't go back to inform Dr Tan, been really busy at work and at home. So many things to do.

Anyway, I went to do my fetal abnormality scan with Dr Anandakumar at Camden, all went well and he double, triple scan my fetal's heart and other organs after I've shared with him about my no.1 experience. ALL cleared, phew. He is an very very experienced gynae, no doubts in him.

Hi Everyone, i am new to this thread but am curious to know about Dr Tan. I have went to see him recently, but he said I may have ovaluated, he can't give me the ap but alot of small little packets of herbal medicine. I have visited him 2 times in 1 week and he is asking me to go back again the following week.....do anyone of you facing such a frequent visit too?

Do you gals finding his charges very expensive? Coz my hubby went with me the 1st time, Dr Tan didn't prescribe any medicine to him but just consultation, it costs my hubby $35, is it normal?

I went to him in end 2010 and early 2011. Consultation is $20, medicine to take after ovulation is $7 per day; accupunture is $20 or so. Yes, it's normal to see like 2-4 times after you menses has cleared and before you ovulate.

Hi Mabble
Yes it is normal. In fact I do see him 3-4 times per cycle. I can afford the time as I am not working. I understand it will be much more difficult for working moms as his Saturdays are always super packed.
The reason he sees you so frequently is to provide maximum stimulation to your reproductive acupuncture points to encourage ovulation optimally. The total cost is not very cheap but if you compare with 'fertility' treatments from gynaes, it is considered much cheaper. Ultrasound scan alone can cost you $100+. Dr Tan can tell your ovulation status simply by pressing on your tummy. By the way he is able to tell the gender of my 9 week foetus accurately by taking my pulse alone! Gynae can only confirm with scans by earliest 16 weeks!
Do understand that unlike western medicine, TCM takes a longer time to produce noticeable results, but they are much more long-lasting. For western medicine, the effects are seen more instantaneously, but also disappear once you stop taking them. So for TCM, you have to be patient. Some do conceive quickly, but some take a longer time.

Dear Meinme & minigingerbread,
Thank you for sharing your experience, greatly appreciated. Yap, since I've decided on TCM, will follow with him thru' out and see if there's any fruitful outcome. ;)his schedule is always very packed....superb amazing! (">)

Hi ladies, just started seeing Dr Tan. Can anyone share what the acupuncture session is like? Which parts of the body does he poke? Thks! Quite nervous abt the needles n current...

Hi Luvnhope,
Normally for acupuncture, he will poke on the ears, your womb area and your leg (nearer to your ankle) if your menses just end and the next session, he will poke on your ears, back and leg. No worry, it's not that painful as he will help to diversify your attention. The needle is just as thin as your hair. I m worried as 1st too, but after a few sessions, was quite used to it already. =) But really not sure how is the success rate....keke....

Wishing you all the best and hope you have good news soon. =)

Hi, can someone plesae confirm address of Dr Tan?

I used to go Blk 433, but there's a post above saying is Blk 443. Has the clinic shifted?

Many thanks
happy.gif

Mabbie, thks for the info! I've gone to try the acu. Yeah, not that scary after all.
happy.gif
Did u have good news after seeing Dr Tan?

Maggie, it's still at 433.

Thanks very much Luvnhope.
Didn't go in the end cos the only appointment was at 430pm and I couldn't take leave so last min.

Also learnt that he's going on leave next week and will be back on 18 April.

Gd luck to those who's TTC!

Dear Luvnhope, no...have yet to receive any good news. But m taking his medicine now till he back from holidays. ='(

@Maggie, yes he is on leave till 17th April. You must try to fix an appointment with him when he is back ASAP, coz his schedule is always very packed. I think is becoz of all the regular visitors like me... =P

Hi Ladies,

Tried to call Dr Tan clinic to schedule appt..
But no one is picking up my call.
Is it possible to walk in??
Please advice.

Thanks...

Hi Lady Chris, I think Dr Tan is on leave until 18 April as written by Maggie. Maybe the office is closed.

Btw, can anyone share if their DH's sperm quantity and quality improved after seeing Dr Tan Kian Sing?

Anyone DH's sperm deteriorating after seeing Dr Tan Kian Sing?

Really appreciate your replies.

Hi Peggy,

Hmm.. i thought there are other docs as well and the clinic is open.. Guess they are close today too... No one is picking up my call.. will try tomorrow... You considering seeing Dr Tan as well?

Went to google alot of his feeback and mostly are positive so should be fine (i guess).
But it will be good if someone can advice..
happy.gif

lady_chris,

Yes, Dr Tan clinic closed in every Wed. You can't walk in like that as his appt alot always full. Better call to arrange the appt before you go, else waste your effort to make the trip there. Are you working currently? If not, then will be easy to arrange the appt.

hi ladies,

i am planning to see dr tan as well..can anyone advise my how much is his charges per cycle?

my Hb sperm are not very gd,anyone succeed under him due to hb issues?

any mummies gg to zsnn temple to return eggs so i can go take from you all as i am trying for 2 yr alr and still no news..
sad.gif

i called today and nobody picked up my call too.... wonder if he is away again.... from what i know, he is often overseas

Hihi everyone, this thread is so quiet these days. How's everyone doing?

Phylee, Meinme and Tanny are all busy with babies now ya. hehe... Miss chatting with you all on thread here. ;p

Hi heatherwhite,have been catching up post previously in this thread and knew that u had succeed in ur ttc journey..congrats to u for being a mother now already..nice to meet u here..

I have been ttc for 2 yrs plus alr and am also seeing dr in nuh but currently stop now as dr suggest iui due to my dh troops motility and quantity not gd but i am reluctant to try..

understand from ur previous post that u also tried iui but failed and ended up conceive naturally..so happy for u..hope miracle can happen to me as well ..can share ur ttc prob lies on u or ur dh?

Hi Faith, nice to meet you too.

Ya, I also been trying hard to get BFP for close to 3 years before conceived naturally. I know very clearly on how you feel now. I was reluctant to try IUI when my gynea first suggested this option to me. You yourself should feel comfortable in whatever treatment you are going for and don’t give yourself unnecessary stress upon it. Take your time at your comfortable pace, and I am sure you will know when you are ready for whatever treatment that is there for you.

Both HB and I went for fertility check up after trying for around 1 year with no news. After series of tests, my gynea found out that I have both ovarian cysts and polyps, and my HB’s troop also not in good quantity and quality. IUI was straight away being recommended for us. But I was not prepared to go through any treatment at that point of time, therefore I gave myself a break and went to see Dr. Tan for TCM treatment while TTCing naturally. I was under Dr. Tan for about 6 months before I am ready to seek for further western treatment. And I went to NUH to do another round of tests under Prof. PC Wong and did 2 IUIs under him but both failed before I got my girl naturally.

I know it is not easy when facing emotion up down every month and with all the external stress from your family and peers. But TTCing is something that is beyond our control. We can only prepare ourselves physical and think positively! You must tell yourself that you will be a mother in one day and have positive faith. Meanwhile, treasure and enjoy your carefree life before your little one decided to join you. Hehe…

How about you? Are you seeing Dr. Tan now? How you find him? My HB super scare of his needle poking, and I got to force him to go with me! But all these hard work are definitely worthwhile! You must jia you too ok? Stay relax, sometime we are just giving ourselves too much unnecessary stress every month.

Cheers
happy.gif

Hi Everyone,, just to share my personal experience with Dr Tan.. Basically he is a very nice & knowledgeable doc... me & hb are very comfortable with him.. I am seeing him for about 5 months.. can see improvement on my body though there is way to go.. Hopefully will succeed on his hands...
happy.gif

Lady Chris,
Yes, I agree with you. I am very comfortable with Dr. Tan too. He is very fatherly and most approachable doctor I have ever met.
Stay positive and I am sure you will have good news soon.
happy.gif

Hi Heatherwhite, So you succeed on Doc Tan's hand? did you went through any treatment? IUI or Ivf etc? I was thinking to go for SO-IUI since IUI is not responding well to me.. Gonna find a real good gynae which is nt easy..

Lady Chris,

HB and I went to see Dr. Tan mainly to tio our body too. I was with him around 6 months and went NUH for 2 rounds of IUIs before I got my girl naturally during a month break from TTCing doctors visits. So the key is to relax. I know it is always easy to say than practice. Just do your best to stay happy and relax ok?
happy.gif

Hi heatherwhite, sorry not popping in lately..thanks for replyingme..Yup,is not easy to go through this ttcing process..my hb not keen to go see dr tan yet as the waiting queue is terrible and the treatment is quite exp.. he doesn't believe that tcm will helps his condition..u finish ur maternity leave alr? Started work yet? Now I just like leaving everything to God hand..

Hi Heatherwhite, Congrats.. finally a BB... must be real busy for you... Yup i hope good news will come to me soon...
happy.gif

Hey Faith, we have to keep going ya.. I know is not easy and impossible not to think.. But try to keep it to the minimum... I also PMS at times.. but what to do... this is life... Stay positive..!

Hi ladies, i been seeing Dr Tan for abt 2 cycles. Before that i had seen Dr Tan SB in ntu for 8 mths. While seeing Dr Tan SB, she advise me to get my hb to do sperm test since no good news after 3mths with her. When result is out both me & hb went see her, she prescribe some herb for both if us. She never explain to us on the sperm result and i ask her whether my hb need to come regularly to 'tiow' or not, she replied tat just once a mth or tag along with me. This makes me think tat I am the one with problem, so i diligently go back to her for medicine. After about 8 mths, I gave up as I felt totally depressed and low marale, sometimes will even cry when alone. Jump abit to my experience in NUH for the fertility check up for both of us.. the Dr only prescribe some Vit E & C pills for my HB. Anyway, in short, we not comfy wit the Dr in nuh as waiting time long (though shorter than Dr Tan) and explanation not clear. Even to take the result also had to book appt, basically we just go into his office, he read the result and then can go liao.. wth! A total waste of our time and annual leave!! Ask whether we need to take any medicine,also said no need. After stop ttc for about 2-3mths, i decided to search the web for other famous tcm dr. Thats where i came to kn of Dr Tan at clementi. In july we walk-in but of course kena rejected, but Mrs Tan is very nice to help us fix a appt. So in Aug we went for our 1st appt, Dr Tan arranged my hb to go for the sperm test. After a few weeks, we see him again when the result is out. He explained that my hb's troop not in desirable condition and got one section the result show zero and Dr Tan said tat is very 'serious'.. i was so 'sad' /'heartbroken' (i dun kn how to describe my feeling) and my eyes start tearing but i try my very best to control it. *I nt blaming my hb but just dun kn how to describe my feeling. Thinking back, i was sort of mad with the 1st TCM dr i seen. Cos she had seen the nuh sperm test result and didnt 'treat' my hb.. my precious 8mths was wasted (we are not young anymore). And the turmoil tat I went thru..i kept thinking tat I am the one with problem as after taking 8 mths of medication still no good news..sigh! Dr tan (clementi) starts giving 'pu yao' for my hb to eat.. so my hb's body 'tiow' regime began! However,my hb start getting heaty after taking the medicine. He will hv phlem, heaty cough and flu. So have to stop the medicine for awhile till better.. i getting abit annoy at him kept complaining the 'pu yao' make him heaty heaty and '不舒服'.. at the same time, the ttc process are delay as he nt taking the 'pu yao' while sick.. but i also cannt blam him mah.. but i also very anxious..sigh.. Anyway, Dr Tan also highly recommended him to eat fresh fish maw (together with his medicine) weekly. My hb is someone who dun eat fish and sensitive to stink smell (fr seafood). Anyway, we bought it and tried.. immed after finishing it he vomited all out.. my 'annoyity' increased cos the 'very good' medicine was wasted (vomitted out) and also mean he nt gg to contd take the fish maw.. so our process of having bb is further delay again.. During our last visit, we ask Dr tan whether are there other thing to replace the fish maw. He said fresh fish maw is much more effective when compare to other. And most of his patients see results within months after taking it... but my hb kept saying its very stinko and he cannt take it.. sighhhhh..... when dr Tan was doing acup with me, he talked tome and told me to advise my hb to take the fish maw.. but i kn he wld not want to and i was so 'sad' and ' depressed' again.. imagine tat the dr had to ask me to 劝 him to take it cos he kept saying cannt cannt.. This whole process is all about our own future and nt Dr Tan's future but he is so concern when he talk to me and also mentioned that if my hb dont improve, no matter how much acupuncture also no use.. i feel so sad and dejected and wanted to cry upon hearing it... cos no matter wat I do, also the long waiting time (2hr), the needle pricking acupuncture and high medicine fee (due to the good 'pu yao').. its like all wasted..our relationship abit rocky becos of this too..not really quarrel but becos of some words i said make him think tat i'm blaming him.. but i nt blaming him becos of his body condition but its on his attitude to take the medicine and also the fish maw.. why cant he just endure and contd taking the fish maw?! He got the impression tat if still cannt then go for ivf sure can, just money issue.. but its not! I read on forum and undestand the mental stress the lady had to go thru and also the disappointment when failed.. but he dont... I also tired and dont wish to explain ti him further but knw tat the misunderstanding may grow deeper.. I cant talk/explain myself well and just feel tat the more i explain, the worse the situation will be.. sob sob..Now I can only pray to God for everything to go smoothly..

Dear jeezebelli, hugs...I can feel the pain that u went through..I also had rocky r/s with my hb once ttc.. is just not 1 person prob, is 2 pple.. I had stop seeing Dr tan sb also as I felt that she not helping at all,her waiting time is long and her fees are not cheap as well..how long u been ttc? U tried iui before?

<font color="aa00aa">Don't lose faith, girls. If TCM is not effective or comfortable for your spouse, you may want to let him try taking supplements instead. I'm not selling any but found a website (google for natural fertility) &amp; read their articles &amp; forums for information that may be useful for u.

I am an ex-patient of Dr Tan but stopped after a few visits due to personal reasons. My husband also disliked the raw fish maw &amp; after one trial, he skipped it. Then I chanced upon the above website &amp; bought some of the supplements to try. Not sure if they really help but we manage to conceive naturally after few months. Please don't ask what I bought as everyone's requirement is different. To save $, you can try to order compatible brands from iHerb.com (just counter check the components &amp; their values).

BTW, I also chart my BBT (fertilityfriend.com) to identify the most fertile phase to TTC as we don't do it daily.

Don't give up hope. Try alternative source.</font>

Hi faith, been ttc for abt 2yrs. Nvr try iui..

Thanks moi.. I will google your suggestion..

I just feel so lonely cos i don't hv friends whom I can talk to comfortably on this ttc problems. And I become so quiet and unhappy all the time. I just can't find joy cos the problem will keep coming into my mind.. Also don't want to tell my mum or sisters cos I don't want then to worry and keep finding good doc or watever remedy for us to try.. (I kn they will do tat if I tell them our ttc problems).. I will feel more guilty or a troublesome person.. Hence, I decided to pen this down hoping I can have at least 1 good night sleep

Jeezebelli, a big hugz to you. I also can understand what you are going through right now cos all of us here were going through the similar ttcing path. And that’s why we are here to support each other. What I want to say is, you are definitely not alone! You can always share your things with us here. 
So far are you only seeking purely on TCM treatment? Have you ever gone to see gynea for any fertility tests (eg, HSG, ultra v-scan) to check for any other possible underlying problems? I personally feel that it is important too, cos sometime we can’t really pinpoint where is the area which have gone wrong if we only seeing TCM. I am a person who believes in ‘zhong xi he ping’. Hehe…
For ladies side, we got to make sure our tubes are clear, so that the egg and troops can ‘date’ there. And also need to make sure we have healthy ovulation every month. And only western testes can determine and tell us how our condition is.
For HB side, their test is much straight forward, they just need to do the semen assessment and can tell everything. I am not sure which section in your HB assessment showing zero result. Do you ask Dr. Tan how does it affect the chances? BTW, I also feel like crying when seeing my HB SA result for the first time. My gynea actually ask us to go for IUI straight away, cos she felt the chances for us to conceive naturally are very slim. But we were not mentally prepared and really yet. And this brought us to Dr. Tan for TCM treatment. Hehe…

Similarly, Dr. Tan prescribed my HB with his famous fish maw medication. We went few trips to different wet markets before we finally got the fresh fish maw. I still remember how the fish maw smell stink my hand after cutting it into small cubes. We also specially bought a new slow cooker for boiling the medication. My house smells fishy when simmering the fish maw. After whole day of efforts, the medicine was finally ready! Haha, guess what? My hb can’t take it at all! He felt like vomiting before he can swallow the medication. We end up threw away the medication. Well, like how you felt. I was so disappointed and heart pain. At the same time, I also felt sorry for us and questioning myself why we got to through all these suffers. Felt so unfair that why all my other friends have their babies so easily and effortless!
Lots of whys in me. I was so focused in TTCing every month that I lost my life. I have no mood to work, play, drifted away from friends who have kids and conversation between HB and I are always so stressful on when was the doctor appointments and so on. I hated festive seasons gathering! Life was totally in darkness in that time! But I am great that I slowly realized to have children is a blessing and is only part of my life! I shall not let it affect my colourful life! I don’t want to waste my precious time in feeling unfair, sad and moody cos of not able to conceive easily. I usually get very moody when I know my AF going to report. Well, what to do but to tell myself don’t give up until I tried my best! I slowly prepared myself for more stressful treatments and tell myself that I will not give up till I try IVF! If I still can’t conceive, then I shall accept the reality and live my life as it is. In fact, the relationship between HB and me has grown into a more matured stage after going through this difficult path.

Jeezebelli, I don’t give up and have positive faith. Believe in yourself that you will become someone’s mother in one day. Cheer up and enjoy your couple life now, I am sure your HB is also trying his best to work hard together with you. It’s Friday! Throw away all the problems and go date him for a nice dinner later ya. ;p

Hi Jeezebelli,
after seeing your post, i feel for you. cos i think i am almost like in your situation. my and my hubby oso went to Dr tan at the beginning of this year. before gg to him, we have done our fertility check and found out the problem actually is wif my HB. Western dr suggest us to go IVF straight. But we wanted to try tiao our body 1st and also see if we can sucess naturally anot. At the beginning, my HB is very cooperative. will go and see Dr tan at least once a week. and take all the TCM and fish maw. But only tahan for 2 months, he say he got 心里障碍. dun wan to continue wif the accupuncture. And his thinking is that since want to go ivf already, he oso dun wan to suffer all those poking and bitter medicine. He got a thinking that IVF will 100% success 1! i was very dishearten and oso disappointed in his thinking. I mean, i oso scare of pain and needles, then oso kena poke needles by Dr tan and if go ivf need to take injections everyday. why he never spare a thought for me and bear wif it leh? Anyway, we went ahead wif our 1st IVF and failed. so now, I doing TCM wif another TCM Dr and he say he dun wan to take any TCM or accupucture again. but he is taking those western supplements which up till now havent see any effects yet. I think TTC journey is going to be a long 1 for us. mayb the time is not right yet.
I think mayb it is the same in your case. Have a nice talk with your HB. See what is he planning. It is important to have the same goal and the journey to achieve it need both of you to put in hard work. not only on your own. Dun think too much! communicate more! all the best!
happy.gif

Heatherwhite : My baby girl is 2 mth now and she can coo and smile to me! And even raises her eyebrow
happy.gif

Kittybaby and Jeezebeli : Understand how u feel, I also went thru this. IvF I went through it, nothing to be afraid of, needles is small pain like ant bite compared to contractions pain! I went thru yuckky TCM, acpunctures, going alone when hubby not keen to see TCM, IUI and IVF. I'm so lucky to strike on second try - my healer also helped me a lot. If you want another option, u can see her - she has testimonials from a few persons who are jow successful in conceiving as well as carrying the babyfull terms. This is her Facebook. U can say Tanny refer you if she ask how u know about her cos they don't advertise. A very sincere person - grandmotherly.... http://m.facebook.com/YogaInn?id=175479112472052&amp;refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.sg%2Fsearch&amp;_rdr

Tanny: Congrats to u for being a mother..thanks for sharing.. did ur hubby went with u to see mdm tan or u went alone? And kind to share roughly the cost? TIA..

Hi All

Dun ever give up! I tried for 10 years before finally conceive my boy who is 5mths old now.

If you need someone to talk to, pls PM me.
I can share my fertility journey with you.
Btw, my story is also advertised on 1 Jan 2012 ST papers.
I totally understand how you ladies feel.

Hi VT, can share with us how you manage to get preggie? My problem is DH's low sperm count.

New year, new start. A baby after 10 years of trying
1 January 2012
(c) 2012 Singapore Press Holdings Limited

Seven people tell LifeStyle how 2012 marks a new beginning in their lives

After 10 years of trying for a baby, two miscarriages, consulting four gynaecologists and numerous visits to temples and churches, executive secretary Val Lee is finally pregnant.

She and husband Lawrence Lee, an assistant manager in a bank, both 36, are expecting their first child in May.

The couple were the first among their siblings to get married in 2001.

When Mrs Lee did not get pregnant after four years of marriage, she sought medical help.

She was suffering from irregular periods and was put on Clomid, a fertility drug, to stimulate ovulation.

At the same time, the couple, on the advice of friends, also visited Chinese temples to pray for a child.

She says: 'We tried every method we had heard of, from praying at temples and churches to getting a Malay massage and drinking holy water in Malaysia.'

She admits to feeling down when their siblings, who got married after them, had no trouble conceiving.

Their four siblings have nine children among them.

'It was frustrating to see others getting pregnant so easily when we were trying so hard and couldn't succeed.'

The couple saw one gynaecologist after another.

Mr Lee says: 'It was disappointing to still not be able to conceive especially after seeing so many different doctors.

'But I reminded my wife to relax and told her that maybe it was not time for us to have a baby yet.'

Four years ago, Mrs Lee finally became pregnant after undergoing surgery to remove a fibroid. But she miscarried within a month.

The couple went on to try Traditional Chinese Medicine, including acupuncture for Mr Lee, and conceived in 2009.

But Mrs Lee had a miscarriage again, two weeks after confirmation of the pregnancy.

In June last year, she consulted a fourth gynaecologist and underwent laparoscopic ovarian drilling surgery to trigger ovulation.

She got pregnant in August and the baby is a boy.

The couple, who are both born in the year of the dragon, say that they have spent more than $20,000 trying for a baby, who will also be born in the year of the dragon.

However, unlike other parents-to-be, the Lees have not rushed out to buy stuff for the baby.

She says: 'We are very happy but taking it one step at a time and not making too many preparations until the due date is nearer.'

Mr Lee adds: 'I am very excited but also worried at the same time. After all, we have waited 10 years for this baby.'

Hi ladies, we just saw Dr Tan this morning for the first visit after reading many of his patients' testimonials online. The overall experience was very pleasant although we were not ready for acupuncture but DH was very cooperative in going ahead with it. I would have to come back when my period is over.

We had a bit of hiccup trying to locate the clinic as apparently the address I had was the old one. Their new address is Blk 433, #01-252, Clementi Ave 3. Opening hours are
Mon/Sat: 9.30am - 1.00pm, 2.00pm - 6.00pm
Tue/Thu: 1.00pm - 8.00pm
Fri: 1.00pm - 6.00pm
Wed, Sun &amp; PH: Closed

Hope this helps!
happy.gif

hi everyone,
so im not new to this forum. I have change my nick to ahmei..
First of all, i would like to thank heatherwhite and phylee for all the tips and advices. ou two have beeb so helpful. I’m currently 13 weeks pregnant and i am expecting twins
happy.gif

Secondly i would like to share my experience with Dr Tan. For those who are still seeing him, hope my experience may help you abit..

I first saw Dr tan in Oct last year. After two mths of taking his med, i realised that it seem the med did not suit me. First, after taking a mth of med, my menses cycle like went haywire. I decided to observe the second mth and it was still the same. I got kind of worried. So i told dr tan that i need to stop and take a break from him. He was very nice and kind, i told me that his med was not that strong to affect the hormones immediately,. But i was worried, so i decided to stop. I was so depressed then and i wonder what’s wrong with me, and why my menses cycle went haywire. My hubby was very supportive then and we decided to take a break...
Then early this year, i have decided to see western doc. After seeing him for a few mths, and taking some med to regulate my menses, i got a pregnant! BFP!

So just my advice: for those who are still seeing Dr tan or any TCM, i would suggest if after seeing a few mths and you think still no results or something is not so right better go see the western doc. Afterall, western med works faster then TCM. Alot of things, TCM is unable to detect and see. You will only know the actual problem through ultrasound or other western means. Im not saying that Dr tan is not good, he is really a very nice unlce, like a nice gong gong..haha. But you know, his clinic queue is always so long. Imagine you got to wait so long to see him, then after a few mths still no results and get so depressed...
I know trying for a baby is never an overnight thing. But ladies, stay positive! Im sure Zhu Seng Niang Niang and Guang Ying ma will ans our prayer.
Baby dust to all!

hi ahmei,

Can I know what you mean by your cycle went haywire? I am asking because I started seeing him from the beginning of this cycle. My cycles are usually 28 days and for the first time in months, AF is late. I tested with HPT this morning and it was a negative. I have a feeling that my cycle has been disrupted by the meds and acupuncture that Dr Tan prescribed but can't be sure... any advice from fellow TTC-ers please. Thanks!

Back