Dr Tan Kian Sing from TCM

hey jo78,
usually my menses started off heavy for the first few days, (i guess is usual for most ladies) then by 6th day stops. But after taking his med, the flow was super mild right from the beginning and this lasted for 10-12days! everytime you think it will stop, the mild flow cont. The colour of the menses also seem to be diff from my usual cycle. i very shocked and worried then, esp when you do not know what is going on inside you. So decided to just stop taking the med. Maybe you can just ask him nicely on your next visit on why your menses cycle became like this. Or if you prefer try another cycle and see how..
You know the feeling can be quite frustrated; esp everytime you need to see him, the queue is so damn long, then your menses cycle became like this.. But maybe he is really good, there ahv ebeen so much success story from ppl after seeing him, just that the med doesn’t suits me
happy.gif

Dun stress jo78, im sure you will get your BFP soon! baby dust to you

Hi ahmei, thanks very much for replying! Understand 100% your point about being frustrated and wondering what the medicines is doing to you. For me, my AF has been delayed for more than a week, finally called Dr Tan again and was advised to go and see him tomorrow. Did you go back and ask him whether what you experienced was normal?

I think I will try his meds for 2-3 more months
happy.gif

I understand all the frustrations and anxiety abt baby. Me too since at least 5 years been ttc and I just found my success recmelty. My darling girl is born and I'm so happy. Words cannot describe my joy. I was familiar with this thread and another topic icsi/ivf back last year. Now been v busy with baby in and out.

I also did healing seesions with a shifu and she helped me in my journey of conceiving and pregnancy. She rest my mind else I was almost going crazy and become depressing. Why me no baby kind of thought. Pm me if u wan to know more abt my story.

I return to this thread to let u all know that I hv went back to shuang lin si to thank zu sheng niang niang and left 30 cooked eggs there. You can go n pick them and bring home to eat! I had taken to eat previously from others too. Just left them at 2pm just now.

All jia you ok?

ladies, anyone still seeing Dr Tan now? I tried calling the clinic 3 times ytd during their opening hours and there was no answer, they are closed on Wed. Just wondering if anyone knows if the Dr. is away? and when they would be re-open?

Dr Tan's clinic was closed yday. Howeve they are open today to compensate the closure for the past few days.

Not sure what he will be attending tomorrow, he'll see his last patient till 5pm tomorrow and consultation hrs will resume bk as normal from fri onwards,

Michelle, thanks for the info, seems like they won't be following his normal schedule for Thursday tomorrow, I will give them a call and try to fix an appt!

Hello ladies,
I just discovered Dr Tan Kian Sing when I took my gal to take a bus in Clementi.

I am currently under a Chinese doctor,Dr Su. I ask her why my menses got disrupted ever since I took her medication. I also cannot remember her respond. I took her med for first time and ovulate. But subsequently, my 30 days cycle became 56 days then to 45days. It's so hard to predict whether I am even ovulating. I use the highest sensitivity ovulation strip, also no use as I do not regularly use. I only use it when I get discharge.
Should I give Dr Tan a chance? Since he can teach me how to press my tummy to know whether I am ovulating or not.

Hi Sunfresh, I think it's a personal decision to decide which doctor to go to. I have not seen Dr Su so I can't compare. I've only been to Dr Tan for 2 cycles, didn't even know he can teach his patients how to feel the tummy to estimate the ovulation date. I should have asked him to teach me when I saw him last Sat... Hmmm...

You didn't mention how long you've been seeing Dr. Su, I think that's a big factor, personally I would give the doctor 6 cycles, because I feel it might be too hasty to conclude the effectiveness of the Dr in 1 or 2 cycles...

I have been dr tan since apr'12, more than 6mths.
His clinic is always fully packed and each time we gotta wait for than an hr just to see him. He is so routined and kinda loosing my patience. Probably I am expecting a miracle to be bestowed on us...

i also see Dr Tan, since Apr12.
I conceived on the 2nd cycle i see him, but ended in MC. i continue to see him after my first menses after the MC. yar, i agree he's routine, i also dont know what qns to ask him after a few sessions. just go through the acupuncture, eat his medicine, and hopefully can strike.

Hihi to all sister here, it has been awhile since my last login to this thread. Suddenly missed my old TTCing buddies here! How are you all? PhyLee, Annissakoh, Tanny, Problem G and other sisters missed you all so much.
Realize this thread is not as active before. How's Dr. Tan? Any sisters here still seeing him?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread and also a new patient of Dr. Tan's. He did acupuncture on me but it left me with a 'heavy feeling' around my lower tummy, is that normal? My cycles have always been irregular (between 35-40 days) but these 2 months it went up to 52 and 57 days respectively. Gynae said I have PCOS from the scan I did and suggested that I TTC without medication first. I decided to give TCM a try though needles scare me so much. (Dr. Tan held my hands as I was shaking before he started the acupuncture - kind of embarrassing at my age) I have been tracking my BBT but zero signs of ovulation though temperature dipped to 35.81 (-opk and no EWCM). Really feel disappointed as my system is in a mess...

Hi Hopeful,

I am not new to this thread, was seeing Dr. Tan back in 2011. I think you are too tensed up during the acupuncture session, try to relax and practice deep and slow breathing. You will slowly get use to it after few sessions with him. I remembered I felt asleep during my acupuncture session with Dr. Tan! Haha... One thing I like most with Dr. Tan is his fatherly and caring attitude towards his patients. I am very comfortable to see him.

A little history on me, I was diagnosed with PCOS too, after some tracking and scanning with gynea, I am great that I don't have much ovulating problem. Gynea also told me to TTC on my own first before embarking on further fertility treatments. Similar to your thoughts, and this was how I began to see Dr. Tan for TCM treatment. I was hoping to 'tiao' enhance my own health and body to prepare for my pregnancy. I can share with you more if you are interested to know my TTC journey. A bit too long to mention... Haha...

Don't get disappointed with your cycle. Even a healthy fertile woman don't always ovulate every month! And there are many reasons that will affect our normal cycle. Especially when you are closely tracking your ovulation, this is an invisible stress to yourself! Stay positive and be happy ok? Plan a holiday trip with hubby if you think you are too stress up. I am sure you will be holding your baby soon! Cheers!

Hi All,

I am new to this Tread. I have make appointment with Dr Tan Next Tues. As this is my first appointment and I am gg alone. What do I need to bring to See dr Tan ?

Btw, I have already got a 2 year old boy and would like to try for 2nd baby, but tryin to almost 9 months and no news .During my last pregnancy, I conceive naturally. I did not do any temp measurment at all.
So does My Tan request for temp recording done before seeing him ?

Angelwink,

Hi, to my experience Dr. Tan will look at our hormone levels. Therefore, he will send you to go for a blood test. But I forget at which day of the cycle. So if you have recently done any blood tests, scanning or other fertility tests, then I suggest you to bring along those results for him to understand your body better.
Normally, he will help you to do acupuncture after your AF and before your ovulation. So is better for you to see him straight after your AF is cleared. He will not do acupuncture if you have ovulated and normally we won't be seeing him until the next cycle. Don't be surprise if you are given many packs of Chinese medication. hehe... and normally he wants us to plot our BBT to keep track on our ovulation time and bring the graph back for him on our next cycle visit.
Hope it helps.
happy.gif

Hi HeatherWhite,

Thank you so much for your encouragement! Unfortunately AF is here to visit, no BFP again but its definitely a shorter cycle (46 days) compared to the draggy ones before.

Yes, if you could... Please share your TTC journey and we can encourage each other along the way!
happy.gif

Hi all,
Yesterday went for my 2nd appointment with Dr Tan.He try to check the egg for me and he says he could not find egg on my right side and the left side like very very small... He kind of quite surprise ... like how come no egg ?? By right should have ovulate.Im so disappointed
sad.gif
((( He give ne accupunture at my back and oh my gosh ..so painful and give me 2 full packets of medicine to consume. And each package has 10++ over medicine to take ...oh my gosh.

Hi aladaystuff,

I too went for my second appointment with Dr. Tan not too long back and he checked my tummy too to see if i was going to lay my egg. he said its small but not out yet, advised me to "work hard" before he did accupunture on my ears and lower back. And the medication... I am disgusted with the taste but I force myself to take it. Still... no good news. Sometimes I wonder why I have to go through pain and those horrible medication just to conceive but I keep reminding myself it's for my own good. I am going to try it out for 2 more cycles... if still unsuccessful, I guess I will be going back to my gynae...

Baby dust to all!

Hi Hopeful,
Yes, the medicine really very bitter ...Seems we gg to endure for quite awhile since we are in the same boat . Jia you for us and the rest of ladies who are still trying

aladaystuff,

Jia you and good luck too! Hopefully we all get our BFPs soon!

HeatherWhite,

I've been reading previous entries on this thread and realised you have come a long way too before getting your BFP. Thank you for sticking around and giving all of us encouragement!
happy.gif

Hi Hopeful, hehe... so I don't need to tell my long 'ah ma' TTcing story to you ya? Haha… Hmn… You are right, it was all in the archive on this thread. Yes, I have been through quite a long way, but is blessed enough that I managed to conceive with my little girl naturally and healthily without any big issue throughout my pregnancy. I believe in certain way that Dr. Tan’s treatment had build up my body and prepared my body for this pregnancy. But I am a person who believes in ‘zhong xi he pin’ the combination effects on western and eastern treatments. Is good to give you some timeline and proceed from there if no news by then.

Follows what your heart tells you to do. No choice, god wants us to learn more on the arts of TTCing, we got to work harder and going through a longer path in order to hold our baby. But stay positive! Every new cycle is a new hope. I went through this journey, and therefore know how you feel exactly now. Cheers, I will be here with you all!

All the mummies to be, Jia you!

Hi Ladies,
I have a question.How reliable is the Ovulation strip? Is it more accurate than BBT? I got low temp like 35.95 to 36.10.But today when I tested the strip provided By Dr Tan, is shows 2 very obvious line.So should I base on the stripe to confirm I ovulate ?

Hi Aladaystuff,

My personal view, I think ovulation test strip is more accurate. Ovulation test strip is use to detect the LH level in our system. Normally we will have a surge in LH before we ovulate. Whereas for BBT, it is very subjective, there is many factors affecting our BBT measurements. Therefore, I think is better to base on ovulation strip result.

But in normal case, the BBT will also drop slightly before ovulation. Therefore, I think it is relatively tally with your ovulation strip result too. Happy BD ya... hehe...

Thanks Heatherwhite hee hee
happy.gif

I just call up clinic and the lady says I must go back today and stop taking the pre O medicine immediate and doctor will prescribe another type of Medicine.
Another long queue day ......

aladaystuff,

yeah its like the longest waiting game ever. I remember making an appointment for my first visit and was given the 6.30pm slot. I only managed to see Dr. Tan at 9.15pm. I am thankful I have a patient and understanding hb!

HeatherWhite,

Appreciate all the advice you are giving! How old is your Princess now?

Hi ladies,
Would like to check which clinic or hospital to go for semen analysis test for husband?and what is the charges?

hihi,
have anyone of you tried to contact Dr Tan Kian Sing or visit him the past few days? I have been calling 6872 3237 for the past few days but no one pick up the phone. Hope someone can advice me on this.

hi aladaystuff,
the analysis test can be done here:

http://www.careivf.com/contact/

Thanks Forumbb,

I just called and seems that the sperm count test is required referrel letter from Doctor.So how shall I proceed ? Get letter from Mr Tan or from Gynae ?

Hi Ladies,

Nice to meet u all. I am newly join in this forum. I hav ttc for 1yrs plus but so far no good news. So I went thomson and found out tat I hav PCOS & flobride this jun.. I hav removed my flobride in jul. Currently, is undergoing some medication to control the PCOS situation. But sad to say tat I still don ovulation regularly.. considering to see Dr Tan KS to 'tiao' my body.. hopefully this will wrk for mi. Do anyone hav similar condition n successfully conceive after seeing Dr Tan KS? Pls share wif mi your story :)

Hi all, im also new here. TTC abt 2 yrs but no gud news, i have cysts at right so done tha lap 3.mths ago n diagnosed i have PID. Now infection cures but gynae said the infection left d scarring tissue to my fal tube n causes block.:(
anyw
1 has same case as mine and success pregnant aft taking tcm treatment? Im consider to visit dr tan ks as he has so many successful stories here.

Hi Baby wishper,

You managed to book a slot with dr tan ks? I tried booking nov slot 2 wks ago.. it was full. Tink will call again for dec appt.

Hi ladies,
I will be returning red eggs at Toa Payoh Shuang Lin Temple to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang on 8 Dec 13(Sunday) around 12 noon.
Those interested can come and collect the red eggs.
Baby dust to all!

Hi all, I m getting married end of next year but went for a pre marriage body check up with my hubby to be. My hubby to be did a sa, everything was v good except his morphology which is at 0%! I was Soo upset but dr tan kian sing told me its a small matter, gave him some med n asked him to go for accunpuncture. Anyone has experience with poor morphology? Can it really be improved? I am so worried I got no chance of conceiving naturally

hi worrisomegirl, my hubby has low morphology too.... same... Dr Tan say its a small matter.... he also give med n accunpuncture. We just have to trust Dr Tan... Jia you!

my hubby only had 1 accupuncture session with Dr tan..,, still hard to tell......I hope hubby will improve ,,same goes to your hubby... =)

worri, haha....we also had the 1st accupuncture session over the weekend.
Don't be upset. U must think in this way... at least Dr Tan say small matter. And you getting married next yr end... Your men have lots of time to tiao his body...
I saw other couple, the husband need to eat fresh fish maw.... Lucky our men don't have to eat..... =)
And my case worst than you lei.... Dr tan see my report say my hormone level lower than normal range.. jilat lei.... I gonna take the report to KK and listen to another opinion.

Yoyo12 u r so kind to console me =) actually i haven done my woman test yet so oso not sure how is my health. Yup go for second opinion ya, did dr tan say the low hormornes can be tiao? I m sure smthing can be done.

worri, no problem. this forum is for give support to each other....
Dr Tan say my problem (hormone level) not big... just eat his medicine will do.... ??? He say me and my hubby got to work on my exact ovulation day coz he say my hubby's tadpole can only stay for 1 day... haiyo eh.... Based on this, I thinking to go for IUI as only scan can see my eggs, etc... I see what KK say 1st....

Last edited:
Ok yoyo hope the best for u. Not sure of ur religion but we r thinking of gg to pray to zhu shen niang niang. Someone is giving back red eggs this sunday.

Hihi Yoyo and Worri,

Just to drop by to give you all morale support. I was with Dr. Tan before, stay positive and relax ya. Jia you! ;)

hi heatherwhite, thanks... read your story.... salute and big hugz to you..... I know IUI normally wont succeed in 1st try.... Will talk to my gynae to know more about what type of IUI suit me before I decided and ready to go for it...

Back