Dr Chan from Glen E

Hi,

Im also with Dr Chan now..and i noe that he only use the 3D machine when the baby is about 6mths onwards..reason the nurse gave me was that the parents will get afraid cos it looks like alien...??? can i noe if anyone took the 3D scan? and at hw many mths? thank you..

Hi Lynn, its not true that Dr Chan will only use the 3D machine when the baby is about 6 months. We saw our daughter way back when she was only 15 weeks or so. HTHs

hi,
i finally had my first appt with Dr. Chan for a pap smear and pre-pregnancy check up. My hubby and i felt really comfortable with him and i am definitely sticking to him all the way til we get preggie too. I love his light hearted nature and sense of humour. His assistants were fantastic too. really happy that i found a gynae i like and am comfortable with!

haru, I just delivered thru c-sec by Dr Chan. He is the best gynae I seen. His stitches is fantastic!
U will in good hand if u take him as your gynae for future pregnancy check-up and delivery. Good luck..

hi apple,
its so assuring to hear that you had a great experience with Dr. Chan! and congrats on the delivery of your new baby!! yes, hubby and i really liked his friendly nature and his nurses were really helpful too. am definitely planning to go back to him when we get preggie!

Hi apple,

my edd is on the first week of july 06 and prob will have c-section advised frm Doc Chan due to medical reasons.. did u opt for the GA or Epi c section? is it reali not painful? is this ur first child? guess u must be in your confinement now..any msn so we can chat? im very anxious to know more..thanks!

hi fury fury,
thanks, but this is wat the nurse told me, and indeed when i requested to c my bb using 3d scan it looks abit scary..haha.. normally wat i saw is the black n white screen..so i assume its not 3D right? so confused..

Hi haru,
dun mind me asking... how much did u pay for ur pap smear and pre-pregnancy check up? Is the check-up only for u or both u and ur hubby? What are the tests done?

thanks in advance!
happy.gif

Lynn, Dr Chan decided for me to go for epi c-sec. Ya really amazing that the wound is not as painful as I thought. I got previous operation a year ago by other gynae, same spot but the wound hurts for close to a week! I walk like liang-por-por..but this round after delivering my bb, the next day Dr Chan ask me to get up fr bed and I'm able to walk straight. He is really great Doc and good tailor! My stitches and wound are nicely done up by him.

U can reach me via msn, [email protected]

Hi Apple..

I've add u to my contacts..hope to chat wif u soon..

heard that epi c-sec is abit scary..some people said tat..u can feel the knife cutting..is it?
hw big is your wound?

hi ninikiki,
i paid about $360 for the consultation/pap smear (pre-pregnancy check up)/blood test. Seems a lil pricey but i tot its just a one time check before we get preggie plus it was a really good experience with Dr. Chan so was not too upset at all to pay so much. And Dr. Chan also has this cool machine (3D) which he also used for e pap smear. even explained to me and hubby where my ovaries, etc,were. Was a really fun experience for both of us. =>

Lynn, before I went for my epi c-sec..I also heard about that. When I was there, it was not as scary as I thought and if the Anesthetic is good, u won't feel anything. Dr Chan very very prof, so within 10min, your bb will be infront of u to cuddle
happy.gif

hi haru,
thanks! wow 3D scan... sounds interesting.
happy.gif

so i guess paying $300+ for consultation/pap smear/blood test is common.... I paid abt this amt for check-up with another gynae as well. But the check-up was quite brief... so felt a bit overcharged....

anyway, is this ur first time visiting gynae? is it awkward seeing a male gynae?

hi ninikiki,
i felt that Dr.Chan was very detailed and even explained all the nitty gritty stuff to hubby, although i doubt he really understood it all!hahah...

not at all, i feel comfortable with Dr. Chan coz he's prob like my dad's age, so not like a realy young doc, then i mite feel a lil shy!

Hey I am currently staying in Shanghai and is 7 weeks pregnant now. EDD is 18 June. I am comtemplating to come back to Singapore to give birth and is wonder what are the charges if I need to see Dr Chan from Wk 35 to 40 + the total delivery charges & hospital bills?

hi tinkabel,

i am with Dr Chan at the moment. i am only 11wk plus hence have not sign up his package. but i intend to as he is brilliant.

As your case is rather unique, perhaps u wanna call his clinic directly to check? tel is +65 64743228

Any other preggie ladies now with Dr Chan? can share your experience?

Hi tinkabel,
I think it's nt worth to sign any package since you are only seeing him from wk35-40. If urs is a full term baby, i suppose you only need to have a max of 3 appts before ur bb is due. On average, I spent abt $180-190 on very visit (inclu consultation & 3/4D scan). His delivery charges for natural birth is $1k, caesar is $2k. Inpatient attendance fee will be ranging from $150-$250 per visit. As for the charges for the hospital room rates, I have yet to check out so cant provide any info..

Lovedogs,
I agree that Dr Chan is really a brilliant gynae.. My firstborn was delivered by him via emerg caesar. After the opt i was so worried that I will be like my frens & relatives, suffering in pain for weeks.. Amazingly I could walk ard the hospital the next day without much pain!! All thanks to his superb stitching skills! My wound healed beautifully..

I am now expecting my 2nd child and will most prob be opting for caesar birth again this year end.. For my 2nd caesar, I am certain that I will be in good hands and I feel safe with him..
happy.gif

hi serrich,

very glad to hear that you were very well taken care by Dr Chan. and congrats to your 2nd pregnancy
happy.gif

i just visited Dr Chan today. I also feel in safe hands and will definitely sign up his package during my next visit at wk16....
happy.gif

Oh thanks Lovedogs..i like ur nick..
happy.gif

I have 2 dogs myself.

I'm considering to change gynae to either Dr Chris Chong or Dr Chan for my next bb.

Is the waiting time long for Dr chan? Is his clinic open on sats?

Is there any limits on the number of visits?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

hi jeddie,

wow, 2 dogs! what breed are they? I have a mixed bichon ... and he is super super adorable!
happy.gif

Dr Chan's clinic is opened on Sats. But i am not sure till wat time. There was once i made an appt at 12 noon on sat... but in the end, i moved it back to a weekday.

i have been making appts at 4pm to 4.30pm...hence, I have been pretty much the last patient. Hence, I have not been experiencing long waiting time.

I will only sign up his package in another 2 weeks as his package only starts from wk 16 onwards.

hi lovedogs

yeah..2 furkids - miniature schnauzers. A boy and a girl
happy.gif

Perhaps u can post here after you've signed up for the package.

Thanks for the information!

hi jeddie,

i believe it is unlimited visits after u sign up the package. however, according to the leaflet, it stated "scheduled" visits. i recalled Dr Chan said that shd be abt once every 4 weeks...then during last trimester, every 2 weeks or something...

Hi lovedogs,

Thanks for the info. How's the service like at Glen E hospital? I mean the ward staff, etc...

hi mint,

i have not delivered yet :p due in May. But i been to the hospital tour....ward etc looks new and great...u can go for the free hospital tour.

my gf delivered there 2 weeks ago and told me service was v good...food was v good...very satisfied
happy.gif

hi mint,

i delivered last June, and i will sure be going back to Glen E and doctor chan if im having my second one! Thumbs up for both! The nurses there are also very friendly.

Cheers!

hi dolphin,

is D&C abortion? i went thru an abortion under Dr Chan few years back. everything ok afterwards...din feel pain or anything... i conceived few years later again when i was ready. so guess no problem.

hi adelle,

yes.. D&C is abortion procedure.thanks so much for the feedback. i need some comfort level that i am in good hands. coz i read D&C might scrape off too much lining.. kinda of scare.. also depress due to bb loss..

Hi ladies,
does Dr Chan does detailed scanning? (to scan whether fallopian tubes n uterus are alright) Does anyone know his first consultation fees n the fees for this type scanning aso? Thanks!!

hi melody,

yes, he does such scan. but i am not sure his cost. give a call to enquire on the cost before going.

hi all

i m under dr chan and its my 11 week now....

just wonder anyone here has the hospital bill (deliver by Dr Chan) to share? I m trying to do my budgeting (see i must save how much mah) coz from other threads i realise Dr CHan is quite ex....

but i have no intention to change to another gynae as i think he is very nice....

Hello winwin,

My daughter was delivered by Dr Chan last Dec. The total bill came up to $4200 as I stayed for 5 days in a single room. My gal had jaundice and needed to go for UV treatment.

Dr Chan's fee cost about $2400, but he's worth every single cent. His stitching is really good. I could get off the bed the next day and the wound healed after 1 week.

My son was also delivered by him 6 years ago under assisted delivery with forceps. No problem at all.

Be prepared to wait an hour for your consultation.

Another thing, he's very particular about weight gain during pregnancy. Not more than 1 kg per month. This gave me a lot of stress initially.

All the best to you.

hi JL,

hhmm...doctor chan not particular abt my weight gain leh...everytime i am the one complaining and he will say it is normal or ok... i juz came back from his checkup at week39. i gained 1 kg in 1 week! he said its ok leh ?

i find him ex and am worried abt his bill.

but as u said his stitching is good...i really hope so as i will most prob go into labour very soon..

Hi lovedogs,

Maybe u r the lucky ones who dun gain much weight.
He said ideally should not be more than 10 kg for the whole pregnancy. I had to watch my diet closely and still gained 15 kg. He's worried about BB too big, difficult to give birth thru normal delivery. So far, my other mummy friends all put on so much weight and had to go for C-section.

My elder son weighed 3.2kg (39 wks) on birth while my gal only weighed 2.6 kg (36 wks). I found it much easier to give birth. I think Dr Chan is very concerned about the risks of C-section and will strongly discourage it.

Another thing, if u r more than 35 yrs old, u r strongly encouraged by him to go for amnmiotic test.

On the whole, be ready to come up with at least $7k upfront. U can claim medisave subsidy of around $3k. So cash about $4k. That's for normal delivery, with epidural and PD's presence.

hi JL,

serious? $7K? my other girlfrens who delivered in gleneagles, single bed (not dr chan), their total bill only abt $4.2 to $4.5K leh... $7K sounds like others going for emergency c-section.

I guess his charges are on the high side.

i gained almost 12kg so far at week39 but he hardly comment or look at my weight leh... during today's check, bb is 3.2kg...worried abt a tough labour liao...

for medisave, i was told only can claim max of $1250 + $450 for normal delivery leh... u managed to claim $3K last time?

Hi JL

Thanks for the info...yes agree that Dr Chan is very particular abt weigh...i gained 2.7kg on my 2nd check up and kana nagged by him....so now i really watch out my diet and if anyone told me to eat more i will say "my doc say dont eat too much!!"

btw 7k is really alot man....but since i dont intent to have too many children (max 2) guess still worth it bah?

Hi lovedogs,

I paid 7K cos I was warded for 5 days due to my gal's undergoing jaundice treatment and hb also a lodger there. Let me give u a better idea of the bill:

Hospital (Acc (1 bedder), daily treatment, lodger, supplies etc) - $4223
Dr Chan - $2461
Dr Lim (Anaethestician) - $300
Special Nursery (jaundice) - $711
Pediatrician - $650

Minus medisave - $3100 + $961

See the whopping cost? My gal got jaundice so no choice got to stay in as i wanted to breastfeed her totally.

Food and service were good. Try not to get a room too near to the nurses station. Very noisy

Dr Chan even got his own labour room for exclusive use.

Hi winwin,

Guess if you want the peace of mind, got to pay more for his expertise. Just imagine those having complications or having preemies, it's a small price to pay. Perhaps the baby bonus can also help to cover some of the costs too.

All the best to u ladies

hi JL,

thanks for sharing wif us the cost of your bill. can see the bulk of it came from the hospital bill. the current 1 bed package for normal wif epi i took is $2188 (before GST). My hb will also stay as a lodger. this is for 2 nights only and no complications.

so if dr chan is abt $2500... hhmm... i was told my ling that estimate to pay at least $3K over in cash loh...coz my other gfs paid abt $2.5K cash on average. Reason their gynae charges abt $1.3K or less only.

eg, delivery only $900 and attendance only $100 per visit.

our gynae is $1000 delivery for normal... then attendance fees is $250 per visit... hence, the difference i guess...

but u r right he is good....

Hi lovedogs,

Guess I also paid more for his $250 per visit during my 5 days stay. That explains why he charges $2400 for his services.

Just a gentle reminder. The hospital charges for every single thing. So bring back all unused diapers and baby wipes (from the nursery), also bring your own maternity pads (you need a lot)

U must be very excited by now? got to watch out for the signs.

hi JL,

thanks for the reminder... i packed 1 pack of pureen maternity pads in the hospital bag liao...

today's check only 1cm dilated...so waiting game now...
happy.gif

Hi lovedogs,

That's good news. So bb coming out very soon!
Don't worry too much. The nurses are super nice n encouraging. If u r the active type or walk or lot, should have shorter labour. Dr Chan only comes in during the last 10 min. Do you intend to have epidural?

Cheers

hi JL,

yes yes, definitely will want epidural.

i dunno when i will go into labour leh... due date is next friday liao... dr chan said if he will induce if i dun go into labour by due date. see how lah... i took my dog for a long long walk last nite
happy.gif

Hi JL

Thanks for the clear explanation...and agree that we pay for his expertise.....

Hi lovedogs

you must be excited now??? a long wait and finally time to see BB!!

Hi lovedogs,

That's great. But also need to rest more.

I rem when I had my boy, the contractions felt like stomach cramps at first, then you experience this force pulling your stomach from inside. No wonder they call it contractions.

My gal was even faster. Water bag broke at wk 36. Almost a preemie.

When you have epidural, rem to request for the dosage to adjust till you feel something like passing motion sensation. My first one couldn't feel any urge, so got to have forcep assisted delivery. Second one was good. Could feel the urge to push. Dun worry, not painful. But after the delivery, felt very cold, whole body was shivering. Heard was the side effects of epidural.

So are u getting a confinement lady?

Back