Dr Chan from Glen E

Hey Giggler, we think we may be here for at least 5 years or more. Its great to have supportive boss and colleagues, at least you know you'll be more at ease with their willingness to cover for you at work and all that. I'm also praying for an opening like that, some career that is family frenly as well..my previous career was not at all *giggles*

Wendypooh, are you intending to tender to look after your child? Or how are you handling that issue?

I nearly had a disagreement with my SO about the govt's initiative to extend maternity leave. He thinks that this will make women hard to employ...some sense true, but in European countries, employers don't have this problem..dunno how come in SG we have such a big hungup about childcare and issues involving the family. Sux !

hi Sweet,
so u intend to set up family over there?
my company did not have good welfare as goog as giggler. like i mention, most of my coll are not married and my boss prefer those wifout family commitment. they find tat these ppl can perform better. last mth i intend to tender cos thought of going to biiger firm guess now have to hold on and see after delivery. if my MIL help me to look after then i will contiue to work or not be a full time hsewife lor.
In S'pore 1 party working is very difficult to survive everthing is so ex.
i rather govt give more benefit on medical rather then leave.
u working over tat side?

Hi Sweets, 5 years is quite long leh. You can plan to have bb there and by the time you come back to Sin you can send your kid to school mah.

Hi wendypooh, I agree that my co offers good maternity benefits. That's why must have at least 1 before I leave the co.

hi giggler,
need your advise..
i had a bit spotting yestday it it normal?
is only on and off and very light in colour.
can i call Dr Chan nurse to check first or shall i go and see him immeidately?

Hi wendypooh, sorry I on leave y'day as I got appt with Dr Chan. How's your spotting now? I'll advise you to see Dr Chan immed cos you're only in 1st trimester and can be quite dangerous.

hi giggler,
is okie. oh u went to see Dr Chan Mon.
i went yest to see him again after only one week sigh.. no choice the spottting.
he say the spotting is due to the low lying placenta he had given me some medicine for standby take only when have spotting. now know bb is fine then i glad.

Hi Giggler,

Dr Chan never mentioned. my spotting was on Sun and Mon so yest when i go see him, he did a cervix test and found no spotting so i guess he never as me bed rest

hi giggler,
thank for the concern. a bit of spotting yest morning then i quickly eat the medinine tehn ok but still very tired.
nowaday then to be very weak. do u experience any of these syptom , MS previously?

Hi wendypooh, no I didn't have any ms at all. In fact, I feel no difference after I get preggie. But now, feel tired easily and sometimes can't sleep well at nite. I think you better don't walk too much and too fast since your spotting still here. Also I think you're not advisable to have sex rite?

hi giggler,
wow really envy u tat u have no ms. me oso very tired and sleep quite early but mid night will wake up then cannot sleep alry got nightmare easily. Dr Chan gave me duphaston for the spotting. now u alry in your 3rd tri and bb weight is heavily so u will be more tired then me. haha me did no have sex eversince i am in my 2WW, now really got no mood into tat really pity my hubby luckily he understand.

you better restrain from sex cos of your low-lying placenta. I read from books that it's not safe to have sex if you got low-lying placenta.

hi giggler,
okie thanks for your advise. i alry loss interest in sex really worrried tat after birth dun know how sometime really pity him, but lucky he dun mind

I guess most hubby will understand one lah. Meanwhile take good care of yourself now. Don't walk too much and rest as much as you can.
happy.gif

hello ladies!!
Long time never post...I do pop by to read and all
happy.gif

Wendypooh, good to know that you are doing well
happy.gif
I'm sure your husband will be supportive and all lar
happy.gif
dun worry
happy.gif

Giggler!! EDD soon! wow! seems like Dr C has a lot of patients on this forum too
happy.gif
Hope more come in to share about him
happy.gif

Yes, we'll probably have to plan to have children abroad...which is so tough cos there is no family support (cannot rely on local help) and a whole host of other problems that we've got to deal with....which is also why I'm trying to read up and find out more info before hand.

Hopefully when the time comes, there will be more access to medical care and such....*cross fingers*

hi giggler & sweet.
thank, i will take great care of myself. I have stop taking the duphaton cos it making mine MS worse
have not see Sweet here for sometime nice to see u back. seem like giggler & I dominate the whole thread haha.
wonder how is Mel getting on

Hi sweets, you working there or you just accompany your hubby there?

Hi wendypooh, will it affect your spotting if you don't take duphaton?

Hey Ladies
happy.gif

Giggler, I've recently gotten a job (thank the good Lord for this!) so will be starting work after a short trip to Korea (its like the national may day holiday here....1 week off!) We're leaving tomorrow but its totally F&E, we booked a co-op and got mileage tix! So really economical (until I start to shop la) haha
happy.gif
Have stopped work for quite a while now, so am glad to be back earning my keep again.

Wendypooh, hope you are no longer spotting...maybe you should take this May Day holiday to put your feet up and just relax....

Hi wendypooh, since Dr Chan say take only necessary then don't need to take if you got no spotting lor.

Hi Sweets, congrats on getting a new job. Enjoy yourself in Korea. Ever thot of having a "Made in Korea"?

Hi sweet
thank, praying hard tat the spotting dun come back anymore. me really looking for weekend to come too tired. Enjoy yourselve in Korea. I went last Nov for my honeymoon, a very nice place.
how long have u went to China alry?

hi giggler
so when is your next check up?

hi giggler,

oic tink your delivery date getting near. must be very excited to see your bb soon?
mine next appt is 15 May (Sat). u seem to go check up on Mon hor?
can share wif me wat is the thing included in the package tat dr chan offer?

Hi bebechic, no I haven decide a date for c-section. Most prob, I'll let gynae decides for me.

Hi wendypooh, there's the detail of the package:CHAN K.H. CLINIC FOR WOMEN
6 NAPIER ROAD
#03-15 GLENEAGLES MEDICAL CENTRE
SINGAPORE 258499
TEL: 64740989, 64743228

Antenatal Package

We have a package for antenatal care which begins after the 4th month of your pregnancy which includes the following:

1) all scheduled consultation
2) routine vitamins
3) ultrasound scans at schedules visits
4) growth chart which measures babys growth at 18-22 weeks and another growth chart at 32-35 weeks

Our package costs $770 to be paid in full.
Payment can be made in cash/nets/cheque.

Delivery Charges

The following charges apply for different modes of delivery:

Normal delivery : $800
Forceps delivery : $1000
Caesarean Section : $1800

Inpatient attendance fee will be ranging from $150-$250 per visit.

Booking of hospital beds

Please book your bed early as availability is on first come first serve basis.

Single bed : $388/day
Double bed : $230/day
Deluxe maternity : $500/day

Husband is allowed to stay as lodger with a fee of $60/day.

hi giggler,

thank for your value info. your info can help me to budget my cost.
item 4 is it refer to the detail scan that most MTB talking abt at the Year end thread? so after taking the package we do not have to pay anymore for teh following check up unless extra item ?
so which type of bed are u looking at?

Hi wendypooh, Dr Chan didn't do any detailed scan for me cos his 3D machine is very detailed liao. So in fact, on every visit we can see bb in details if bb is co-operative.
happy.gif
You're rite that after paying for the package, there's no need for you to pay at all for visits after your 4th month. I'm taking the 2-bedded cos I don't want to spend too much on hospital bills.

hi giggler,

thank for the info. oic cos have been seeing ppl talking abt detail scan in the thread so wondering when we do tat. tat save us another trip to do teh detail scan very good.
me too will opt for 2 bed dun wan to spend too much on those unnecessary bill

Dear all MTB,

I am new to this thread and hope to join your discussion here; was browsing the TTC thread for a few months but seldom post anything.

I tested with HPT kits on 24 & 29 April, the test on 24 showed very weak line but the test on 29 has almost as strong as the control line. However, went to see gynae (Dr. Chua Tse Ming from NUH) this monday because of caught a cold, did a abdomen scan but can't see yolk sac. My last menses started on 19 March, and my cycle days were about 35 to 37 days for the last few months.

Have no MS at all, is it normal?? I had a miscarriage before on last May, it was about 5~6wk at that time. So feel very worry on this one as well...

Any suggestion?

thanks.

tan tan

hi giggler,
how u feeling lately? EDD coming near must be feeling excited? have u finish buying your stuff?

hi sweet,
how your holiday in korea?

Hi Wendypooh, holiday was great
happy.gif
Had a good time with my HB just eating and shopping. How about yourself ? Managed to get some rest over the May Day holidays ?

tantan, hope all is better with you. Do keep us updated. Maybe you want to followup closely with your doc on your situation.

Giggler, take care and rest more!

hi sweet,
nice to see u back. so any chance of "made in kore"? haha, well me still struggling ms seem to be on and off serious. last thurs and fri was down with flu and mc for 2 day. now trying to recover.when u staring your new job?

Hi wendypooh,

thanks for the welcome
happy.gif
No chance of Made in Korea hahaa...we're not planning for children anyway and I'm still doing my Hep A & B jabs...so cannot TTC
happy.gif

Starting new job tmrw
happy.gif
U had better rest..good that u're on MC
happy.gif

hi sweet,
oic, so when u all planning? btw care to share your age? me 26 this year
good luck in your new job, keep us update okie.
ya i need to rest cos take mc or next week need to cover 2 colleague duty so sian

Hi wendy, feeling very tired recently. Cos Dr Chan said that bb is big so very uncomfy for me. You better take care of yourself.

Hi sweets, glad to hear that both of you enjoyed your holidays.

Hi YuRu, I think Dr Chan does that everytime leh. It's on the scan pix itself.

Hi giggler,
thank, me trying to recover now. when u goig on leave? bb is growing so your body muast be aching , rest more ok. hope to hear your birth story soon. me going for check up this sat

Hi wendy, good that you're recovering. I think it'll take longer for us to recover as we can't take strong medication.I'll work till I deliver so that I can save some leave after bb is born.

Hi YuRu, it's normal to worry for bb. But try to think positively lor. If there's anything wrong I think Dr Chan will let you know leh. If he didn't mention anything then everything is fine. So don't worry unduly ok? You must keep yourself happy for bb's sake.
happy.gif

Hi, juz to check with those who are with Dr Chan, dose his clinic accept credit card payment? Or is it strictly cash or nets? thanks.

hi wendypooh,

read from the other thread that you're worried about your infection. dont worry too much, i read that it's common for preggies to have infection cos of the changing hormones as well as the ph level in our vagina area. think you should be alright to take the medication and leave it to dr chan to take care of you ok?

by the way, does dr chan call himself or normally the clinic assts will call you regarding the results?

Hi wendypooh, you got infection? I got it during CNY too. Guess it's quite common to have during preg.

Hi trying, you can pay by credit card at Dr Chan's office.

hi shuin

thank for coming here to comfort me. i know is common but just cant prevent myself from worrying cos this is my second time kanna alry worry will affect bb. i know dr chan can assure me but it just mine worried only i trust him tat why why i choose him as my gynea.
is his nurse who call me alway and they alway nice and comforting.

giggler,
ya kanna again last one was on april now only a mth apart kanna again.
take care of yourselve ok you going to due soon.
share wif us your birth and BF stories ok

this thread alive again, wonder how sweet is getting on wif her new job

Hello ladies, been absent for so long. I've been bz adjusting to new work environment and all
happy.gif

Wendypooh, I same age as you
happy.gif
But not so brave like u to think about motherhood now...esp with the demands of work and our lifestyle haha
happy.gif

Giggler...peifu...u going to work until birth ?? better rest a bit more lar !

hi sweet,

so nice to see u back again. hope u enjoying yout current job.

hi giggler,
know from another thread that u had schedule for your bb delivery on 28 may . Congras, wish u have a smooth delivery and hope to see u back to share your birth story wif us. tat mean your EDD is early by 2 week. Dr Chan is going to deliver for your right?

Hi sweets,I going to work until birth. Still able to wake up on the dot to come to work so no choice lor.
happy.gif
Actually, I prefer to work than to stay at home and start worrying abt delivery.

Hi wendypooh, thanks. Dr Chan is going to deliver me. As I'll be going for c-section so got to schedule it earlier than the EDD. I'll definitely share with you abt my delivery.
happy.gif
You try to drink more water. I think it helps to reduce the chance of infection.

hi giggler,

thanks trying hard to swallow water now dun like the taste very blance. i feeling excited for u cos thinking of my bb oso. Take care and have plenty of rest.

Back