Dr Chan from Glen E

C

chox

Wondering if anyone has experiences with Dr Chan Kok Hon from Glen E. Please share, I'm considering him to be my gynae. Thanks

Hi chox, I'm using him as my gynae. Personally, I find him very patient and professional. Actually, I prefer him to my prev gynae cos I find his explanation better. He knows how to put medical terms into layman terms and he makes sure I understand what he explained. In fact, quite a few of my col are using him.
happy.gif

Hi Chox

Me too used Dr Chan from Glen E. He is a nice person very patient and 3 months ago I just gave birth he did a very good job for me.

41250.gif
for Dr Chan, he is one of the nicest doctor I have ever met in my life, very patient and assuring. I have been going to him for more than 3 years, my cousin and friends goes to him too. Good choice when you choose him.
41251.gif

hello ladies
happy.gif

Thanks for the reassurance. He's my mom's gynae and I'm just wondering if I should stick with him. I've heard horror stories about gynaes who make patients wait very long or who schedule C sections to suit their daytimers.

Great to know that he's good
happy.gif

Behappyk, how were his charges like for your case ? Maybe you or giggler can share...*apologies for being probe-y"

Love the pix Seraphim !
happy.gif

hi chox

i am oso using him as my gynae. Signed up a package with him for $700. And I get to see him every month with free 3D scan pic of the baby.

Hi chox, I signed up package with him when I was 4mth preggie also. I think the package costs $770 and not $700 leh. I like the 3D scan pix of bb, can really see bb unlike those normal scan.

Hi Chox

I will go back tonight and find my bills and the list down for you I cannot really remember becos my hubby paid for it!

hi giggler

I only paid $700 for the whole package but was about almost 5 month preggie. THink they charge according to how big the baby.

Hi Melissa, is that so? I must go home to check my receipts liao. I thot Florence charged me $770 when I signed up the package at 22 weeks.

hi giggler

I also paid S$700 for the whole package when I signed up during 22 weeks!

Hi chox,

Dr Chan gynes fee during my delivery was about S$1500.

dear all,

any other comment for dr chan,
cos i going for a body check up
by him next monday. very worried
, cos ttc for several mth alry still no news

hi, wendypooh
can keep us updated of the checkup? cos me and my hb thinking of going for checkup too as we've been trying since last Sep still no news so start to get kan cheong. and dr chan is my choice after hearing good things sbt him from this forum. thanks.

Hi Sweets, Dr Chan is friendly hor? And he really put u at ease lor. Also I find him very professional yet still got human touch. But his charge is on the high side lah.
happy.gif
So you TTC now?

hey giggler,

nope..not TTC...hehe
happy.gif
SO and I are overseas, so had to do ISO of systems and establish a r/p with Dr C before I left lar
happy.gif

hi wendypooh and giggler

I'm having my checkup with Dr Chan this coming Monday too. Mine in the afternoon. But i guess giggler is in the morning right. How about you wendypooh?

Does anyone know the meaning of induced?
Cos Dr Chan said if I dun give birth by next week, they will have to induced me. I was so nervous i forgot to ask him what is it....

Hi Sweet, so you are not in Sin now. You went overseas with hubby for work?

Hi Mel, my appt with Dr Chan in the morning. I not too sure abt induced also leh. I think it's to make you give birth asap. Why not you check at the other thread with those experienced mummies? You must be excited now. Hope you have a smooth delivery next week.

hey Mel,
Induce is "to bring about birth, start the birthing process" - think they insert a pill in to get the cervix ready for dilation etc.

Giggler, yes, I am not in SG
happy.gif

giggler,mel

my appintment with dr chan is in teh afternoon ard 3pm with my sis so got no chance to see giggler. i get to know dr chan thru my sis colleague and thru TTC forum and under tat giggler is usuing him all comment on his is good so thought od trying lor really worried on my health really envy tat you all are giving birth soon.

trying,
will keep u update

wendypooh
happy.gif

don't worry so much...try to let things go naturally, I'm sure it will all be ok BIG HUGS !
All the best for your appointment on Mon. So nice to have a sister to share this experience with you
happy.gif

hi, wendypooh
can update us on ur visit? i'm quite certain of seeing him to do check-up. my AF juz came today. so sad. so thot of not waiting anymore and go to see gynae. do we need to tell doc what checkup to do? when is a good time to go? juz after AF or when? really appreciate ur help. thanks.

hi sweet,
thank for the comfort

sweet, trying, giggler, mel
I'm back from my medical check up by Dr Chan from Geneagles. I can say he is super nice guy and make us feel easy. Waiting time is fast oso.
Well sad to say After scaning Found a very small fibroid at outside the ovaries, but he say is ok and common among ladies. No medicine or other thing require, not a problem. Other than tat all other area is fine and can conceive anytime. "Heng"... so happy to know but pap smear and culture test can only be know next week. Keeping my finger cross on tat.
But I strongly recomend those who want check up can conside him. He is very patient and cheerful. I go with my sis and she too think he is nice. My sis use to have check by KK hospital but she have since change to Dr Chan

Hi wendypooh, my mom likes Dr Chan alot too. She finds him very friendly and cheerful too. But his charges is quite ex hor?

giggler,

tat wat i find too yest check up cost me abt $230
my sis is ard $200
so half an hour he make nearly $500 from us hahaha. i tot of bring my mum to see he menopuse too, any idea he good on this

Hey try, when you call up to make an appointment, the nurse will ask u what issit for. So you call tell her pre preggie check up.

Wendypooh
happy.gif
yah, Dr Chan is chatty hahah...yah ex..but health money cannot save one i guess
happy.gif

sweet,
so i believe u have seen him?
he make us feel very comforatble unlike some very stern and make us stress.
ya true, health $$ cannot save have to spent but once a year is ok.

Hi wendypooh, I not sure if he's good on menopause leh. Though he's chatty but he's sounds and looks professional lor. And we can feel that he's chatty to make us feel comfy.
happy.gif

thank, wendypooh & sweets
i called up his clinic this morn. was told by the nurse to go preferably betw CD10 to CD12 (before ovulation) so that he can scan the follicle. she did ask if i hv regular menses and whether i did ovulate every mth. she suggested i cld try to use ovulation kit. i didn't make appt cos i'll be out of the c'try during the said period. told the nurse i'll call back for my next cycle. sigh...got to wait one more mth.

hi everyone

went check up yesterday and Dr Chan says i have to go for induce to get my baby out.
I will be checking in hospital later at 7.30pm.
So nervous now....hahaha.
crazy.gif

mel,
good luck to you and all the best for your safe delivery. hope to see u back in the thread again.
take care.

try,
is it ? i just finish oulate but still go they nevr say anything.

giggler,
u r right? his chatty make us feel comfortable

wendypooh,
yes I've seen him before
happy.gif
mom mother uses him too
happy.gif
He's actually another fren's good fren - so that doctor fren recommended my mom to dr Chan..that's how I ended up seeing him too
happy.gif

Hey Mel ! ALL THE BEST!! Come back wif birth story and all ok
happy.gif
Hugs

Hey trying, oh issit ? When I was there (not trying by the way) he gave me the print out and specifically hinted "FOLLICLE". I didn't know what he meant at that time..now I do. hey, keep the spirits up ok? Where are you heading to ?

i'm very upset and worried now, just got a call from Dr Chan nurse saying tat my culture test out having virginal infection and ask me to go down to collect medicine. but accoridng to her nothing serious, just infection only. but i just cant help worry now wonder will it affect my chnace of ttc. pap smear result not out, keeping my finger cross now

Hi wendypooh, I just got virginal infection last few months also. Dr Chan gave me some anti-biotics then ok liao. But I not sure if it'll affect your chance of TTC lah. I only know that infection is nothing serious.

hi sweet, giggler

Dr Chan is on leave till Monday. The nurse ask me to go down take medicine on SAt me still hesiating whether to go and take. dun know it it due to recently i take very little water.
did he mention tat infection is nothing serious? tat why the nurse told me too . do u feel itch at the virgianl area? i dun feel itch except after mense. i really very worried and dun know to go or not as the pap smear result not out yet. after the medicine did he still scan again?

hi giggler,

did Dr Chan ask u to take folic acid b4 u pregnant? I try asking him whether can take folic acid as per the thread TTC gal recomend, he told me not necessary to take those are usually taken by Eurasia ppl. So now I dun know want to take or not? Can advise me?

Hi wendypooh, I only see Dr Chan after preggie. But I think that's his style. When I asked him abt fish oil supplements, he said there's no need to take too much supplements also.

hey wendypooh,
maybe you should also try to take more water and my mom told me to take Cranberry juice to avoid infections down south.

Giggler, just a query since u are seeing him while preggie, is Dr C pro-breast-feeding ?

hi giggler,
tink dr chan like his patient to take supplement. he is not the kind of doc tat will ask u to but this and tat or check or tink tat is not necessary. any idea is his medieine expensive. do u need to re-scan after taking the infection medicine, i hate the scanning part dun feel comforatble. any idea whether he will give MC for checkup?

sweet,
thank for your advise. my sis told me to eat cranberry too, she have urine infection b4 and doc recommenf cranberries, heard the berries is very good in helping infection. i will go and buy to try.

hey wendypooh,
you can just try cranberry juice off the shelf from ntuc or cold storage...fresh cranberries may be a bit expensive and hard to come by
happy.gif

HTHS

hi sweet
happy easter day
infact my sis have left some dry cranberry for me the last time in my fridge but i did not eat dun really like to eat just the fruit ,kanna scolded by her yest for not taking. i prefer making into cake or maybe now will go and buy juice.

thank you

hi all,

Incidentally, my hubby's doctor fren (a GP) also recommended Dr Chan fm Glen E, so I came to the forum to check out if there is any info on him. Great to hear the positive feedback!

The only thing is that I've a preference to deliver at Mt Alvernia. Does anyone know if Dr Chan delivers at Mt A ?

thanks!

hi soprano73
are u pregnant now?
why u prefer Mt Alvernia? Gleneagle is oso quite good.
u can go ahead to see Dr Chan, he is a very nice doc

Hey all
happy.gif

Happy easter to all of you too! Its wierd not going to church on good friday
sad.gif
cos there is no service nor PH over here....

Wendypooh, you are more than welcome! HOpe the infection clears up soon!

Soprano, since Dr C seems out of office, the best thing would probably to just call the office and ask his nurse ?
happy.gif
Guess with his office at Glen E, its more convienient for him to pop in and out for checks and follow ups. Heard MT A is really good too...never been in there for a long time though
happy.gif
Heard +ve comments from frens!

Back