Dr Chan from Glen E

Hi sweets, I not sure if Dr Chan pro-breastfeeding or not leh. So far, we have not touch on this issue yet.

Hi wendypooh, there's no need to go for vaginal scan after I took the anti-biotics. He's quite generous with mc for my case.

Hi soprano, I think Dr Chan only delivers at GlenE.

hi giggler,
wat medicine he gave u? last sat i went down to collect. to my horror only 2 kind of medicine, 4 pill for oral 2 time only 1 bullet for insertion into virginal tat all nothing else.
u mean he can give MC for checkup?

Hi wendypooh, he only gave me one type of anti-biotics to be taken 3 times a day, that's it. Ya, normally he'll give me mc if I ask for it.

Hello,

thanks for your response. Oh, I called Dr Chan's clinic last Sat and found out that I have to book one mth in advance if I want a Sat appmt! I made a booking anyway. But I also found out that his charges are quite high... the nurse told me his consultation fees range fm S$86 to S$126 excluding tests. The current gynae I am seeing (only saw her once lah) charges $70 for first time and then $40 subsequently.

Yeah, I am 8 weeks preggie... have only seen gynae once and as I was looking for a female gynae at Mt A, I just went to one there. A fren said she is ok. Guess I am just a bit apprehensive as this is the first time, and I have heard horror stories of frens' experiences with some gynaes. So just thot of getting a "good" recommedation and then heard of this Dr Chan from hubby's doctor fren. Dunno whether it will make a difference or worth the trouble to change or not...

confused...

Hi wendypooh, for me the spotting stopped so I assumed I ok liao. But I still continue with antibiotic as we need to finish the whole course.

Hi soprano, you can just see him and if you don't like then you go back to your prev gynae lah. That's what I did the other time. Before seeing Dr Chan, I was seeing another female gynae at Mt E who is quite good also. But after seeing Dr Chan, I decided to stick with him.

hi everyone i'm back!

wow, really mus agree Dr Chan charges very high. And giving birth in Glen E is not cheap too. My total hosiptal bill plus his fee cost almost $5000. My hubby so shocked when he paid the bill..LOL
crazy.gif

My baby gal so cute and kaypo, want to open her eyes the moment she was born. Struggling to keep both her eyes open looking here and there even though the light is too strong for her.
lol.gif

But over all the stay in Glen E was good and Dr
Chan is very professional. Will stick to him if I getting my 2nd baby.
biggrin.gif

I also wonder if he can delivery at other hospital too. Can save on hospital fee...

Hi Mel, how come your bill so ex? But I'm glad to hear that you're satisfied with Dr Chan's service. I'll be going thru it myself in another 1-2 mths' time.

Hey Mel,
Congrats! Any baby pix to share ?? and do share your birth story also leh!!! *giggles*

The total bill of $5k is in cash ? hence post medisave deductions? or pre ?

Glad to hear that Dr C is very pro
happy.gif
Maybe you can shed light on if he is a pro-bf doc as well.

Giggler, your EDD so fast! wow...excited not?

Hi Sweets, quite excited as now trying to get all things that I need liao. But sometimes also scared lah.
happy.gif

hi gals

my bill goes like this

delivery with epidural - $2310
medical supplies - $30
loger -$180
pharmacy -$149
Dr chan fee - $1177
R Dicky Tay -$300
gst -$133
total - $4283

giggler
don't be scared. u planning to deliver with epi?

hey mel ran,
thanks so much for sharing the breakdown with us. Is this bill based on single occupancy bed ? So after medisave prob like 2k or so cash?

Giggler, so nice to have a little one of ur own
happy.gif
hehe..better start buying stuff and making lists....:p Sounds like Santa Claus or something

Dear all ladies,

i just found myself pregnant by using the test kit, after my mense missed for after 5 day and having cramp on and off.
do u all tink i should go to GP to cfm or go straight to Dr Chan for check up? my sis and hubby want me to go to Dr Chan straight as they worried tat my scan on 5 april and the infection pill might affect the baby
but i scared it might be a false alarm althought i hopign to get pregnant

wendypooh,

I feel its best if you can fix an appt with Dr Chan to confirm and check that everything is ok .. so that you can feel assured. Your sis and hubby are rite, its better to be safe and assured
happy.gif

Hi mel, I'll be going for c-section but still haven decide if I'll go for epidural or GA. Is Dr Dicky Tay good? We can specify who we want for anesthetician rite?

Hi sweets, it's fun buying bb's stuff. I've got most of my things ready but still need time to pack them though.

hi giggler,
wow ur due date is comign near, must be very excited?

i just found myself pregnant by usuing test kit.
do u tink i so go to see GP forst b4 going to see Dr Chan?

Hi wendypooh, for my case, I went to GP first. Once GP confirmed my pregnancy, I made appt with Dr Chan. I think I saw Dr Chan when I was 5weeks preggie.

hi giggler,
now me very confused, dr chan have appt tom afternoon. do u tink is there a need to cfm to GP
first b4 going to Dr Chan?
Do u tink the test kit is relaible?

Hi wendypooh, since you've already got appt with Dr Chan tom then you can save a trip to GP lah. Test kists are reliable enough.
happy.gif

hi giggler,

he did not say anything jsut say all these sympt is noraml ask me to be careful.
just give me some folic acid.
anyway goign to see dr chan tom
when is your next appt?
do u tink dr chan can tell the EDD day on first appt

Hi wendypooh, I going for my appt next Mon. Dr Chan can tell me my EDD on my first appt. In fact, the GP I went to could tell me my EDD also leh. Like I said, having cramps is normal so don't need to worry too much.
happy.gif

hi giggler,
oh u go appt on mon agin.
my gp cant tell me the date leh tink he dun know.
very excited to know the date.
thanks for your advise, the cramp is on and off. last week very worried abt the cramp now know is noraml then feel happy

hi giggler
I don't know which is better cause only tried the epi and mine is natural birth. Dr Dicky is not bad, quite gentle and nice man, but i heard there is another anesthetician which is very good. Forgot the name..will check it out for you.

hi ladies,
may i know at which stage will dr Chan ask u all to take up the packages?
i saw some of the other thread say they took up the packages on the first appt

hi giggler,

i'm back fromteh check up yest was so crowded, i waited for an hour.
do the scanning and everything is alright as per u the cramp is normal. Dr Chan say my EDD is 24 Dec. do u have check up every 3 week?

Hi wendypooh, I started to have checkup every 3 weeks recently. Before that, Dr Chan only ask me to go every mth. How abt you? You going checkup every 3 weeks. Did you manage to see bb's sac? Excited rite?

hi wendypooh,
congrats! Christmas Baby
happy.gif
that's really very sweet
happy.gif

Giggler, so you've opted for C section? Is the recovery going to be as bad as they say ? C section is kinda nice cos can pick the date and day and hence make it really much more convinient to make plans around.

Hi Sweets, I didn't opt for c-section but Dr Chan advised me to have cos I had op to remove fibroids before. I may not choose the date I want but rather wait for Dr Chan to decide the date lah. I'm worried abt recovery too. Cos I had a very bad recovery from my op the other time.

hi giggler,
i oso not sure, but yest he fix my appt 3 week later 8 May, he say by then should be able to see the bb more clearly. tink he want to let me see teh bb so ask me back on 3rdweek maybe next time will be a mth. ya i mange to see the bb sac yest, yets the bb is 4week 4 day. now feelign excited looking forward to May. do u find tat pregnant woman very forgetful, yest i was very tired and did not go to work but forgot to get MC from him,
i call back the clinic and ask to help me issue and i collect later.

sweet,
thanks, but tink the date might change as day go by

hi giggler
i tot they will issue receipt everytime?
do your company allow u to claim some of the bill?
the scan tat Dr Chan do is a 3D scan?

Hey Giggler,
Sorry to hear about the prior op, but good news on the pregnancy! Yah, I think his advice is good, and generally doctors advice women with op scars around that area to have op. I've heard differing stories about c-section recovery as well. Some ladies seem to be up and about really fast like in 1 week, some even after one month. But from Mel Ran's experience, sounds like Dr Chan is very experienced, so no worries.

Wendypooh, i believe that machine is the 3D scan machine. Pretty neat eh ? Even though I wasn't preggie I was excited hahaha...he showed me uterus, follicle and all..LOL...

You ladies are simply awesome
happy.gif
Thanks for sharing your experiences
happy.gif
At least people like me wun be so intimdated when our time arrives :p

Hi wendypooh, I can claim from my co. As I claim monthly from my co though I paid Dr Chan one lump sum so I need to get written receipt from the receptionist on every visit. The scan that Dr Chan does is 3D scan.

Hi sweets, I guess most gynaes will advice those who have op around that area to go for c-section. My col said that she recovered very fast as Dr Chan's stitching skill is very good. Hope I'll be like her.

hi sweets
i tot is a 3D machine too very nice and pretty new. i very comfort with Dr Chan as he explain slowly when he scan and i dun really feel the pain. just at his charges are very high. so when are u coming back to Singapore?
tink giggler and mel got more experience to share, cos i still fresh now learning from them.
itink i will suffer depression as day went by, as i cant really sleep well and thinking on the bad side

hi giggler,
wow so good your company allow u to claim i tot pregnacy is personally claim. i dun dare to sumbit cos the bill is alway $160+.
your company allow u to claim such huge sum?

Hi wendypooh, my co. pays for all my checkup with Dr Chan but for hospital bill they only pay 60% for me.

Giggler, your company very good
happy.gif
I think I've to depend on my husband's company haha..I always tell him he must reach director/VP level before we can afford for kids..international schooling and medical bills so expensive mah!! I've already read about Dr Chan's stiching skills, so I'm also very "comforted" ... He's expensive for sure, but hey, quality service mah! nothing beats experience hor...

Wendypooh, yes, Dr Chan is very patient, and he talks A LOT!! Super funny...was telling me not to work lar, to invest in certain shares lar, all the while "scanning" eeks! I was thinking like...please...quickly, its uncomfy u know...hahahaha... Hey, don't get depressed..its a wonderful chance to experience motherhood ! Should be looking forward to all that nursury shopping, baby playing and all!! its fun!!
happy.gif
Come in and yak more often lar !

I was telling my girlfriend to quickly confirm the sex of her baby as well, so i can shop for my future godchild...baby clothes are so cheap and can be really nice in China
happy.gif
Dunno when we'll be back next, but I've been looking at birthing in China as well...as I don't wanna be away from my dear so long...but so far, very few supporters to this idea...giggles..

Hi sweets, how long you got to stay in China? My co's welfare is good that's why my boss kept encouraging me to give birth once I got married.
happy.gif

hi giggler,
wow i must admit your company very good leh, still got vancancy hahaha...
usually company dun cover pregnancy bill but thye still cover so much for u.
u work in a big company?
sometime i claim for medical bill for noraml GP and boss alry face black , so for this i never dare to claim at all sure not approve.

Hi wendypooh, my co consider big lah. That's why my friend kept encouraging me to have bb while I'm still here.
happy.gif

Why not you just submit your claim and see how? No harm trying mah.

hi giggler,
tell u frankly, although i work in this company for 3 yr alry i still very scare of the boss, unlike my other coll they dare to talk back to boss, i quite timid tat why my hubby say i alway kanna bully.
my boss still dun know i pregnant, dun know how they will react. if they saw the recilt with Dr Chan will know something goes wrong.
all my coll all not married nad ard 30+ so my boss like tis type of staff no family commitment

Guess we have a different culture here. Most of my col are married with kids. And most of them have more than 1 kid.

hi giggler,
ya lor really envy u to have such boss. last mth i nearly tender my resignation luckiy never or now sure jobless liao.
so after your delivery in June u have to work hard agin for second one haha, since u still in the company

Back