Cup cakes for birthday

cl: the fruit tarts look good. u using custard?

1-0: me good? hahaha i always kan chiong here n there one wor... got stress den everythings goes heywired liao.

CL...thought u cook the chicken urself kekeke..nice fruits tarts! so we can expect this for our next gathering hur?
biggrin.gif

Catika...u driving expressway all the way very fast mah...we dun dare to bounce u off if u appear lah heeee...

Peng,
Me dun have those chopper one so will find easy way out to cook. So choose those parts which are easy to remove bones. I dun like breast meat so no breast meat one.

But i dunno how to place the dough nicely in the tart so the crust not so nice woh

Ling
Thanks. Yup I used custard.

after 12 hours... still no post... lemme pull this thread up to the top... muahahahaha....

peng... hmm... see my willpower that day... must travel 3 expressways leh!!! hahahaha... like going to Johor... *faint* :p

CL... yummy... yummy...
happy.gif

Hi SN, I will be at Downntown East chalet from 23-25th leh..

Mind I ask, the gathering is for mummy or kids ah? or baking session? Punggol is a bit out for me..

Bottle...a gathering to makan n mingle together! not sure how many kids are coming though...

Eastern Gathering
Date: Sat 9 Aug
Time: 2pm onwards
Place: Punggol Field (Peng's Hse)

Attendance
1) kendy
2) Js'Mum
3) Pink (if jsmum go, then i go, coz tumpang her mah, i sure lost if come alone).
4) Kl148 (Can only make it on 16 Aug)
5) Chicken Little (9 Aug ok, swing by before going for high school musical at 4pm)
6) Joanne (will confirm again when date fix)
7) dearie_e
8) ep
9)
10)

HELP HELP HELP!
My first attempt on Swiss Roll:
1574374.jpg

Using Auntie Yo's marble dot swiss roll recipe.
Taste excellent, but I cant roll...........
Please advise how to roll so it wont break. kekeke
After removing the skin, the side is inside or outside? Roll when cool or hot? Any technique in rolling?
Thanks.

Peng,
This is the raddish cake I using alkaline water:
1574382.jpg

Out from steamer, see how solid, compare to the last one without alkaline water. But I prefer the other recipe's taste better.

bottle,
Me just going to bring my boi there to play at explorer kid cos no school on that day for him, with two of his school frens. I have PM u my hp, in case u wan to say hello. JsMum meeting me there, cos she is passing me sth which I get her to buy for me.

JsMum,
I cant find my IB, dunnoe where my boi throws it. Will try to tt before meeting u on thursday. If not, will give u cash then. So sorry for the delay. Thanks.

Sally...wow the radish cake looks really solid!

Yany..ur shepherd pie looks fantastic! do u add cheese on top? i din add mine so less fattening :D

Just now fried some sweet potato balls
1574684.jpg

CL,
Your cuppies looks good. Very cute designs!
happy.gif

The chicken rice and fruit tarts looks delish. You are on a roll eh? So many fruits!!!

Sally,
The radish cake looks good. Are you going to cut some out to fry? Yummm....

Peng,
I love sweet potato balls. I always buy the ones from Maxwell market.... once start, cannot stop!

The sheppards pie... I add tons of veg in. This is for hubby & son no. 2 as they hardly eat veg. Even for the mash potato, I added one sweet potato and some cauliflower. For the kids & myself, I added cheese on top as we love cheese. I use mozarella... so when it comes out from the oven... you can pull strings of cheese
happy.gif

Yany...yah i luv maxwell mkt one...always long q...i remember the stall owner so busy kneading the dough they let the customer help to fry the balls kekeke...

Hi all

Long time never log in here.

Baked some mini donuts for my kids' childcare Racial Harmony celebration today.

1575010.jpg

1575011.jpg

peng... now they have a machine to turn the balls
happy.gif

There are so many nice food there... like the ham chim peng, chinese dessert, goreng pisang, ooh... and brain soup!

sngiam
your donut is lovely. I should try again too.

Yany,
Me practising for my girls birthday party on 2 Aug so now got mojo to bake. Already plan what I going to do this week. ha ha

CL,
Ur first cupcake look so nice liao, no problem la.I support u to finish all the cake, haha.

Yany,
Ur sheppard pie look yummy, can share with us ur recipe ?

Yesterday i made sponge mango cake use Daiso pan. Dunno how to decorate the cake with wipped cream till very messy so use some coco rice & candy to cover, hehe

Thank you for 1-0 guide & tips.

)
1576140.jpg
1576141.jpg
1576142.jpg

lim... good job! nicely decorated and the slicing looks very halved!
happy.gif

next one/project will be .... whatever it is, wE SUPPORT YOU! muahahahahaha....

Peng,
The soup looks sooo good. I love herbal stuff.... so, this one really making me drool!

Lim,
The cake decor very cute! Is it a mini cake?

On the shepherd's pie... mine is easy. I put in whatever I can find in my fridge but the basic stuff is there... ie, beef, carrots and mash potato topping. This time, I use the following:

sautee big red onions and garlic with butter. Then add beef (i cube it since we prefer that instead of mince), then add some salt and pepper. Then I add the vegetables, this time, I added diced zucchini, carrots, celery and even pear. Then I add a can of stewed tomato and let it cook for a while... till beef is tender.

While this is happening, I have red and yellow peppers (capsicum) roasting in the oven. The potatoes and sweet potato are being boiled... oh, and cauliflower too. When all is cooked, I mash potato, sweet potato and cauliflower with butter, salt and some milk. The peppers are now nicely roasted so the skin can be removed.

I would dice all peppers to be added into the stewing beef. There would be a lot of liquid... and I use bristo to thicken the sauce. I usually split the portion as hubby don't like mushroom & peas added to it.

So when its all thicken nicely, put in pyrex, top with mash and sprinkle mozarella before putting in oven.

so, there ya go! I hope you understand coz I don't have a recipe for it.
happy.gif

hi ladies,

thanks for the warm welcoming
happy.gif
So happy to join this "cooking forum" haha..

Pink,
U think too highly of me liao. I am not a good baker leh. I am only a newbie :p Just started baking not long ago. The tiramisu recipe is what i found on the net only, have not try out yet. But i will try out the MMF.
happy.gif

Yany,
I have not tried out this tiramisu yet so duno if its nice. U have been wanted to do macarons too? Have u try? I have tried many many many many times... but failed all the times. Tried various recipes, AY's (aka PH), Pink's and others that i found on the internet but all failed. Guess its to do with my whisking and mixing....
sad.gif

Pink,
any advice on macarons? I noticed no matter which recipe i used. All my problems are the same, NO FEET, matt top with open pores... ur macs really looks fabulous!!

Look at my ugly macs...

1576482.jpg

1576483.jpg

Yany,
ur sherperd pie looks yummy!! And nice toppings too. Did u add cheese? I also like u like to bake potatoes with cheese on top. Eventhough sinful but very nice
happy.gif

Peng,
i can smell ur herbal soup already. Save some for me, coming over now (i'm dreaming... haha..)

MissyLing,
how's the apple crumble muffin? Nice? I have been wanted to try out making crumble, but have yet to try.

My fruits over the weekend..

1576535.jpg

roast chicken

1576536.jpg

Steam egg custard for dessert(Duen Dan)

Hi sngiam73/Green_Muffin, yummy donuts leh..can share the recipe? How do you do the choco glaze, colorful decor etc?

Hi SN, will give you a call on Thurs.
happy.gif

green muffin,
I have another exam this sat... and after that, I am a free woman!!! hahaha.
Perhaps then, I can attempt the macarons. I've never made it... so I don't know what to expect!
So much fruits from you..... wow!

Missyling,
Those crumbles make my saliva gland work overtime! oooh.....

Haha, thank you for all support.

Yany,
Yes, is mini pan from Daiso.
Thank you for ur recipe, will try to bake it one day.

0, ur muffin crumble look good le.

Lim, hehehe try n do la... nice nice wor.. esp when its pre-heated.

yany: i love the crumbles too... kept plucking it from the muffins when i pass by the table... 2 went "botak" liao..

No one comes to my rescue............ BUT I MADE IT, just bake kaya swiss roll, n SUCCESS. I rolled without breaking. Now chilling in fridge, later post pics. heehee SO HAPPY.

Wow Peng, as usual, yr fruits are just excellent. I love the herbal chicken. hee

MissyLing, yum yum muffin.

GreenMuffin,
Wow nice roasted chicken. So perfectly done.

lim
yr first try of mango cake very nice! Keep it on, we support u!

Yany
yr fruit very nice, 1st I thought was pineapple, hehe! Always want to bake this for my son but not succeed.

Green Muffin
yr roast chicken very well done. Keep staring at it make me so hungry.

sally
sorry I can't rescue you as I till now still not dare to try on swiss roll. Can share yr tips n secret on rolling without breaking?

CL,

Your gal is so pretty. Nice cupcakes with cute cutout fondant and fruit tarts...wah...you are a great mummy.

Yany,

At first look, I oso thot you hv baked sth with pineapple leh...yummy delicious sheperd pie.

Sally,

No worries, you can just pass me cash on Thursday.
You very good leh, no one to your rescue and you still make it. Can share your tips? till now I still dare nt try out the swiss roll. Look forward to your pics.
Your radish cake looks good, care to share how to do it?

Lim,

Your cake looks good leh...I love mango cake.

Green Muffins,

I am drooling over your Roast Chicken liao...so shiny n delish. Nice donuts too.

Peng,

As usual, your food is always so delish. Herbal chix..I love it too.

So how is the gathering liao? Hv you fix the date oredi? I should be ok with both dates but 9th Aug is National Day leh, most of them can make it not?

CL,
nice cuppies there! very well done! keep practicing okie? bomb me a question/s if u hv any doubt!
chicken rice! got sparepart not? u know wat is my favourite rite?
if got nice chicken rice during your girl b'day, then u'll have FREE face painting session !

sngiam,
nice donuts there! glad to c u here again! join PENG's hse pot luck leh! if u can make it, pls come.

green muffin,
nice donuts there! and i like the roasted chicken! looks delish!
for the macs, your batter looks bit too watery. the egg white is important, try to use weight measurement instead of volume. more accurate.
should be bit shiny and smooth top. your batter looks not really right leh. can i see the recipe? perhaps from the ingredients i'll hv an idea.
long time i hv'nt bake macs liao. too busy, perhaps tis weekend....
for me, i need a very good mood to bake macs, perhaps i'm newbie lah!
other cakes, cookies, can any how and rush, but not for macs, it's a super mischievous cookies.
btw, i'm oso very new in macs, just lucky
happy.gif

my shifu, AY, is excellent in macs, her's much more yummy than bakerzin, infact, better than "the line" restaurant oso.

sally,
congrats! can't wait to see the swiss roll pics.

bottle,
join the potluck leh! i'll bring my two monsters as well....

PENG,
my nephew teach me how to mix the mascarpone, in jakarta, not easy to get mascarpone, if have, it's very costly, so his lecturer teach them....

cat,
i'm like ling leh, most of the time don't really stick to recipe.
especially how to mix mascarpone cheese. it's really depend on what are u mixing, which brand u r using.
got two way to mix your own mascarpone:
1. mix thick sour cream & lightly whipped double cream.
2. mix ricotta cheese & single cream.
for me, i rely on my taste bud, will keep adding till i'm satisfied with the taste.
u can buy mascarpone cheese, then taste it, then try to remember the taste, then next time u mix your own.

Eileen/JsMum,
Aiyo me not yet standard lah, who is the one here who is veri good in swissrolls???
What I learnt from the two attempts:
- Must use the baking paper to help to roll (which I din use in the first attempt)
- Must gangan roll, cant hesitate n stop
- I roll when still a bit warm as advised by another baking fren (who is a great homebaker)
My hb tried n thumbs up he said, VERI GOOD. hee

JsMum,
U wan the recipe for the raddish cake? I prefer the taste from my first trial without the alkaline water. I make a copy from the book n pass u on Thursday. hee Lazy to type out. See ya on thursday.

sally,
your swissroll pass with distinction ! excellent!
congrats!
ah yes, raddish cake recipe, copy one for me leh, later i get it from jsmum? TIA

my FINALE cake for wilton course.

actually i feel like the cake is not fabulous, quite boring infact.
but i've no choice, our finale cake have to use wilton method, the flowers tat we hv learned, the method to lay fondant in the BIG cake, the ribbon border,spiral ribbon etc.
my two classmate kana "warning" due to their finale cake not representing wilton method...
TOP view:
1577933.jpg

theme: Mary go round.
the rocking horses and the pole/pillar are edible.
i made the rocking horses using fondant.
the pillar are biscuit stick
happy.gif

1577934.jpg

my classmate & instructor:
1577935.jpg

thks for viewing ;)

Pink,
thanks for the compliments. Still a long way to learn. hee
Okie tomolo i try to use my scanner to see if can scan. If not, will make copy n pass to JsMum.
WOW yr fondant cake so EXCELLENT, the other two students cant fight at all with u. heehee U r fantastic.

MissyLing,
Thanks thanks thanks. Still need to brush up with more practise.

pink
wow, yr fondant cake is like a dream cake. So sweet, the rocking horse, the color all so nice!

sally
nice kaya swiss roll, congrat!

Back