Cup cakes for birthday

Yes, I am new to the thread. Working mum and yet have to struggle with 2 kids after work. Trying hard to balance my work life as well.

jsmum, ur steam moist cake make me salivate!

pink, ur gal is good! I asked my gal to help me roll out the cookie dough, she eat the choco chips more than the rolling. I think max she roll 3 balls nia.

peng, Sat a bit tight for me leh. I try to make it about 3pm?

tangling, you are here too! Still doing DSB? Mine put one side cos of baking. hehe...

Hi Mummies...i set 2 dates see the response how...

Pink...wont lost way one lah Bus no 3 can reach my place directly leh....

Eastern Gathering
Date: Sat 9 Aug or 16 Aug?
Time: 2pm onwards
Place: Punggol Field (Peng's Hse)

Attendance
1) kendy
2) Js'Mum
3) Pink (if jsmum go, then i go, coz tumpang her mah, i sure lost if come alone).
4) Kl148
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Eastern Gathering

Attendance
1) kendy
2) Js'Mum
3) Pink (if jsmum go, then i go, coz tumpang her mah, i sure lost if come alone).
4) Kl148
5) Chicken Little (9 Aug ok, swing by before going for high school musical at 4pm)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Eastern Gathering
Date: Sat TBC

Attendance
1) kendy
2) Js'Mum
4) Kl148
5) Joanne (will confirm again when date fix)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Js Mum,
I am recovering from baking a batch of hard-as- rock muffins. But seeing your lemon & poppy seeds little cakes has cheered me up. I have lemons & poppy seeds but no idea what to do. Can you share the recipe? Tks.

Hi Mommies,
I m back here again. Me no time to bake cos my fren in town staying at my place. hee
But we managed to try out steamed Raddish cake during her stay as she wan to see how the process is.
Peng, this time my raddish cake I use alkaline water, n the texture not soft. hee

Wow so many fruits.

Pink,
hmmm yr fondant is a killer. So gorgeous!
U receive my email or not?
I miss yr pizza lei. I not a fan of pizza but after eating yrs, I gian gian gian. kekeke
Wow, yr gal also got yr genes in baking. Good lei.
My boi onli noes how to mess up. kekeke

Peng,
U organise a gathering? Let u noe if I can come once u confirm the date. :)

JsMum,
Can share yr steamed moist cake recipe? So yummy. hmmmmm

TL,
Good Good, u r active here. hee will be addicted in baking. kekeke

hi all,

i have been a "addicted reader" of this forum. Had finally tried making the cream puffs, it taste great! Thanks!

Pink,
I noticed that your cake decorations are getting more and more creative. I really like this washing machine cake! It's very nice and cute! Do u eat the MMF with the cake? Or just for decorations?

Peng,
I like your smoked chicken! It looks great! I like to grill too, but my birds are always either overcooked and too dry ...
sad.gif
Btw, we stay very near to each other, i am at edgefield plains. Maybe we could have bump into each other before. Haha..
happy.gif

Hi Green Muffin...finally got one mummy staying so near to me!! want to meet us at our coming gathering..dun be shy to join us :p

Eastern Gathering

Attendance
1) kendy
2) Js'Mum
4) Kl148
5) Chicken Little (9 Aug ok, swing by before going for high school musical at 4pm)
6) Joanne (will confirm again when date fix)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Yeh! I tot so too. But sad to say that i am not a mummy yet.. have been trying for one for few years already..
sad.gif

Thanks for inviting. I would really love to join (especially ur place is so near!). But like u said, i think i am just too shy. Maybe next time, after i "participate" a few more time first. Haha..

Finally figure out how to upload photos. OK, i shall start participating by showing my fruits. haha..

Actually wanted to make Zebra cake, but realised the batter was too little for my 9'' pan, so make them into cupcakes instead. However, i think my beating method wrong, so the cake turns out very rubbery.

As for the cheesecake, its very nice eventhough it was burnt on top.

1563929.jpg
1563930.jpg
1563931.jpg

Green Muffin,
Welcome to the thread! Nvm...practice makes perfect and that's the cutest zebra cake i have seen so far....besides Catika's hilarious grinning Z C.

Think I am getting influenced by the "mini-bakers"..doughnuts, chiffons, cupcakes, muffins..

Peng,
U realli a solid mommy, always so good in whipping delicious meals for yr kids n hb. Lucky them. All yr meals so feng fu lei. Yum Yum. Wish I stay next to u, then I order tingkat from u daily. hee

Sally,
With your creativity & baking skills, you really must try out fondant. Bring your baking 1 level up!! "I support you" - I like this phase, originated from Lim.

peng.. 9 aug is national day leh.. anyone tried the choc banana layer cake frm secret recipe?? thinking of trying to bake that..

Sally...kekeke...thanks! my ah lao seldom eat lunch and dinner with me one, so always leave a portion in the fridge for his supper! or else i cook early in the morning then he eat first then go work!

Hi Kendy,

I have tried the banana layer cake from Secret Recipe - its delicious.

In fact most of their cakes are nice - I also love the white chocolate macadamia - yummmmmmmy
kao_sticktongue.gif

thinking to try making.. anyone has recipe? white choc macadamia sounds nice oso..

can i check with u all.. real rum n rum flavour.. will taste different?

Wah! Peng, i think we have the same taste bud. I love your sherperd pie too!! Still thinking of making smoke chicken this weekend now see your sherperd pie.. (drooling already... hmm.... since so near to your place, perhaps i shld just pop by and have my lunch... and what's for dinner? haha..

Yany,
cheese cake is not that difficult compared to cakes. Because if mixing method no good than the cake will turn out rubbbery. I saw alots of your fruits. U are definitely more experience baker than me!

keng,
thanks for the encouragement. U are very right. Practice makes perfect. Imagine, i bake the cream puffs three times than i found the custard filling i like. Now i am still struggling to make macarons. I have been trying for 5 times already, but all failed. No feet!! sigh...

i know Pink is very successful at macarons. Anyone else are baking macarons too?

peng, not only do we have same taste bud, but thinking the same too. I have been thinking of making tiramisu for a while but still have not bc HB said he don't like. So till now still no chance to make.

i have collected a few recipes on tiramisu, but all contain either eggs, egg yolk or egg white and alcohol too..

Green Muffin...aiyoh too tired to cook dinner liao...u want my sherperd's pie for dinner? come lah...u not working hur? my ah lao opp...he luvs TIRAMISU so much! so thought of trying to make this one of these days...but still searching for a recipe..

haha..peng, i tot u really super siow cooking till u cook 3 meals a day.

Good for u that he like it. Hmm... maybe i should just go ahead and make it and force my HB to eat! haha...

GreenMuffin...u din i really that hardworking meh! kekeke..one day cook one nice meal can liao! but still have to cook individual for my 20mths old boy :p

oh ya, forgotten have to cook separately for kids.

Hey peng, i found this tiramisu recipe without eggs, but with alcohol. But i think u can substitute that with chocolate or something. And can replace the ground coffee to instant ones.

Ingredients

COFFEE BEANS, 1/2 cup ground
WATER, 1 3/4 cups
BAILEY'S IRISH CREAM, 1/4 cup
MASCARPONE CHEESE, 1/2 cup
FAT-FREE CREAM CHEESE, 8 ounces, softened
BROWN SUGAR, 1/3 cup, packed
GRANULATED SUGAR, 1/4 cup
LADYFINGERS, 24
UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER, 2 teaspoons
Directions

1.Make coffee in your regular drip coffee machine using the 1/2 cup ground coffee beans and 1-3/4 cups water.
2.Transfer brewed coffee to a shallow dish.
3.Add 2 tablespoons Baileys' Irish Cream.
4.Set aside and allow to cool.
5.In a large bowl, combine Mascarpone and cream cheese.
6.Beat at high speed until smooth.
7.Add brown and granulated sugar and remaining Baileys' Irish Cream.
8.Beat until well-blended.
9.Have a 8-inch square baking dish ready.
10.Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise.
11.Briefly dip flat side of ladyfinger halves in coffee mixture.
12.Place (flat side down) ladyfinger halves on bottom of baking dish (you should use half of the ladyfingers).
13.Spread half of cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers.
14.Sprinkle with half of the cocoa powder.
15.Repeat with remaining ladyfinger halves, cream cheese mixture, and cocoa powder.
Chill 2 hours.

Source: http://www.heavenlytiramisu.com/rcp-314.htm

Peng,
Saw your shepperd pie and thinking of making some too. I always have to make 2 version coz hubby don't eat veg! Very susah as I love to add lots of veg in mine and top with cheese to bake. He doesn't eat cheese too
sad.gif

So, for me & kids, I add peas, mushroom, roasted red and yellow peppers, zuchinni, celery and carrots!
happy.gif
For hubby, have to omit peas, mushroom and cheese.. and force him to eat the rest of the veg! moawhahahahah (evil laughs)

green muffin,
The tiramisu recipe looks good! I have been dreaming of making it too.... besides macarons!

Jenjen,

Thanks for your comment. Wan some? Come over to my plc lah.

Keng,

I got the recipe from baking mums, here's the link...
http://bakingmum.blogspot.com/2008/06/lemon-poppyseed-muffins.html

Happy Baking!

Sally,

Nice to see you back here again. The recipe is from AY's, hv uploaded the recipe in my blog with her permission. Hehe...http://jsmumlittlepassion.blogspot.com

Green Muffin,

Welcome to the thread..nice zebra cake and cheesecake leh. Hope to meet you at Peng's hse, just come and join in the fun.

ling
as per your request, I make AY's Blueberry Crumble Muffins for our gathering. Now very forgetful, spoon in all the batter into the cup then realise forget to mix in the blueberry. So terrible, then pour all the batter back again n mix. If the taste or texture not nice, don't scold me hor!
1565106.jpg

1-0... WOW wan to 爱死你了!!!!!can't wait for tml to come..... *yippy*

Ok ok... i did something for u all as well...
using AY's recipe

oero cheesecake

1565144.jpg
1565145.jpg

wah ... ... today cooked for lunch and dinner...

did Roast/Grilled Chicken Thigh ...

1565515.jpg

and ... this is for my Jie Meissssss... *muaks*

NOT from ay's recipe... hahahha... from Pooh's recipe... Mee Suah Kueh... but i copycat AY's idea... put them in muffin tins... become wah kor kuey style...
happy.gif

1565521.jpg

CAN'T WAIT TO EAT THE <font color="0000ff">BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE</font> AND THE <font color="ff0000">OREO CHEESECAKE</font> ... MY LAST CHEESCAKE FAIL... I WANT BIG BIG SLICE... MUAHAHAHAH...

meow: hehe the grill chicken look good lo...

wow mee sua kueh... SO happy.. tml can eat all my fav wor... *slurp*

Hehehe the cheesecake, u all cut into 4 n bring back.. i will cut extra from my side which we can eat @ the rest. tml. If not, my cheesecake dunno when den will finish ar.

Woh WoW!!! Another Westerner gathering arh... So so so many yummy food you gals hv baked for tmr. Sayang lah, me east side so far away.

Cat,

I love your chic thigh leh...looks so juicy n yummy.

Back