Cup cakes for birthday

n2inpink

my son b'dae is coming, managed to brain wash him bring cup cakes instead of lightning mc queen cake to school.

now cup cakes is very fashion.

I just made my own cupcakes stand, outside selling S$40-50 not worth to buy.....

1034153.jpg

will post the recipes later
happy.gif

wow, nice... since you use so many colours, how do you ensure no frosting is wasted? i mean, you gotta make many batches with different colours right? dunno if it's a stupid question. i'm new to cupcakes with frosting
embarrassed.gif

so far, i've only made cupcakes "kosong" - with no frosting.

n2inpink,

wow, very nice. I am interested to know the recipe and how you make the stand oso.

I have been wanting to learn how to bake many years ago and your thread has really inspired me into wanting to learn even more. Why not you conduct some baking sessions over the weekend? I'm sure many mums would love to learn from you if location/timing convenient. I sure be the first one. Heehee.

Thank you very much.

tanwawas (tanwawas),
that's not a stupid question, it's a logic question, infact, you are analysing the situation... smart......
happy.gif

I'll just half the frosting recipes, then made alot of cupcakes, then bring to office, let them finished it
happy.gif

most of the time I'm using butter cream frosting, but sometime i combine with whipped cream oso.

weli
when u made cupcake again. I want learn from u & help u also. Hehehe. SMs me if u made this cake. Ok.

Maybe next week want to try bake cupcake.
can share for the receipe.

n2inpink,
how i wish can be ur colleague..
Yeah.. if location / time convenience.. me too.. hehe.. BTW where u putting up?

n2inpink
your cupcake really very very nice!!! I never try to make cupcake before. Can you pls share your recipe n how to do the frosting? Thanks!

wow v nice leh, can share how to meke the cup cake n frosting?

I would love to attend your baking session if u organize one.

hi worry_mum, eileen Tan, caramum, Yoan:
thanks for your encouraging words....
this weekend will bake cupcakes and will let you all know
happy.gif

will also update my blog when i bake:
http://myhumblearts.blogspot.com/

worry_mum, hahaha! if your office ard my area, will pass to you then
happy.gif

my ex-colleagues, will still smsed or e-mail said they missed my creations, tho i left for many years...
actually... they missed free b'fast..... SIGH!

n2inpink,
hehe.. thanks. But think very hard for u to be near to my ofc.. my ofc far far away in the Birds no lay egg place. haha.. TUAS!!! Can't wait to attend any baking session.. Me stay in the West, u leh?

worry-mum,
i tot my office oredi "jungle" enuf, I'm at alexandra technopark....
i was at raffles pl for 6 yrs, then go alexandra technopark... really suffer during lunch time... hahaha.... now get use to it liao !

your's is TUAS? *faint*... but you stay at west, not so bad, I'm at east...tampines...

hi n2inpink, nice cakes you have... think it's a great idea for you to conduct a class. Think of the exponential benefits all our colleagues will be enjoying! haha... let me know if you are baking... i'm at the east for weekend!
happy.gif

hi n2inpink,

really make my mouth full of salivor after seeing ur clorful cup cake!!!!!

visited ur blog..
wow..u r really a superb baker!!
mooncake ..muffin..u noe everything..

i do not have talent on this..

dun noe if u have time to bake something 4 CNY ..
every yr i would buy CNY gift for my aunt & my parents in law..but every yr same thing ..very dull la..
so ...if u have time n can bake something special..do email me [email protected]
would keen to buy from u ..

where do u live..dun noe if u doing selling..
coz ..my office ..every time buying from same cake shop..
farewell..b/day..wedding ..full mth..
same & same & same type again & again..
truly sien la ...

would like to have something special ..
ah..coming Nov is my birthday lei..wonder if u can do something special & sell to me lei..
office rules..b/day must treat la..
email me / sms me 94319854 ya

forget to wish ur son..happy birthday!

he is too blissful to have such loving mummy personally bake b/day cake for him...
envious......

Xiau Ling,

Where's your cotton spongecake? Done oredi? Can't wait to see too.

Have replied your email with regards to tmr's pizza class, very sorry it has been cancelled but arranging another day.

Cheers!

hi dada,

I'm really flatten with yr words.
I'm beginner baker only wor........ outside got so so many talented ppl, can't compared at all...

I normally baked to release my stress and have fun
happy.gif

i do bake for my colleague b'dae, office meeting refreshment & office party...
not much lar, that's why i really wish 1day=48hrs instead of 24hrs, so tat can bake more, do more fun things.... ha ha!

have a blessed Sunday!

WOW! the cup cakes are very nice... hmm... this gives me idea for my boy's b'day too... hehehe... very 'old' fashion to blow candles, cut cake and eat... messy too... cup cakes are neat! can share recipe? :p ... thanks lots!!!

hi jacqueline heng,
ya lor.... cup cakes are neat, no need paper plate and folk....
happy.gif
but you have to choose the right paper cup wor......

1043257.jpg

1043258.jpg

i prefer to use the brown color paper cup 'coz easily to tear.
for the white one, you still need a folk to eat lor.. very hard to tear, for kids, confirm they can't tear.

but when you do frosting, the white one will give you a very neat and nice result, cos the cup more hard mah.

for the brown one, sometime your frosting result will not really round, will a bit out of shape
happy.gif

you can see those cupcakes i juz made using brown paper cup, a bit out of shape, but dun care lar...
go to: www.myhumblearts.blogspot.com

xiau ling u used whipped cream?

Did you notice any 'discoloration' when u used this sprinkles? Now I try not to use this esp mixed with moist stuff.

Perhaps u can try to add food colour to the whipped cream to make it even more colourful. Now I try to get the primary colour. Not to sure if mixing them will allow me to get the desire colour I want.

consider for a start not bad rite? Must be havng fun with the whipped cream & mixing the colour u want. So the pink colour u bought also? izit red?

Haiz..now i see i feel like making it also but this month my shedule rathr busy so have to keep in view liao.

Happy baking and have fun.

n2inpink: Did u learn from any places or trail & error? Wow yr cakes looks so pro. Pretty & Yummy.. Currently looking for places to pick up baking... Class pls? Btw where u got the hello kitty mould?

n2inpink, nice cupcakes you have made. (went to your blog too, lovely).
does your cupcakes sank a little after removing out from the oven as mine does causing it to have flat top instead of those rising top like yours.. kindly advice.. TIA!

xiau ling, wow seems like you got the hang of it on baking. keep it up, you are doing better!

I am new in baking too. just wanna share the recent cupcakes I have made for my dear daughter after inspirational bakes posted in forums. of course, not perfect, have to go through trial and error in bakes. a lot more to learn. my third attempt..

1053986.jpg
1053987.jpg

jj
wow.....u new baking but yr cupcake so perfect & looks very nice. Teach me leh. I want learn from u all/
Today i bake egg tarts
1053996.jpg

xiau ling,
I am not that good. A lot of "shifus" out there. I am very new in baking. Failed past few times and tried till get it right. Still my cupcakes flat top. Would love the rising top type though..

Sure, love to share the recipes with you and everyone else. I got my recipes from Martha Stewart's website. Easy Chocolate Cupcakes while for the icing/frosting, I have to use shortening and butter for our hot climax so that it stays and not watery (like on my previous attempt).. hehehe!

Wow, you are so hardworking to bake various cakes and even tarts. Envy you. Wish I have the time.. Lovely egg tarts there! So yummy looking, makes me drool..

Back