Cup cakes for birthday

Chicken Little, let us know your bank account ler. Need to transfer to you asap else owe you over CNY will be very suey one ler. :p

Shook,

I follow the recipe so I also dont know can substitute the ingredient or not..hehe...don dare to take the risk....I use my bb milk powder leh.
happy.gif

maya,

Your melting moment looks yummy!.
happy.gif

kathy,

actually if u bake the portion based on the recipe, it only takes about 2hrs nia...hehe...

fatmum,

Nice fruit!.
happy.gif
I like your melting moments n your fresh cream cupcake...I still haven tried to use fresh cream to deco cupcake yet....

Eron,

from the pic can tell that your cornflakes cookies r very crunchy!.
happy.gif

Eileen,

Really thanks a lot, got the boxes already! next time can use them to put donuts, cream puff.
happy.gif
Just trf $ to your accounts...Thanks ya...

Transaction Reference 1552942216

cl, let me know yr acount no. or i can meet you again? hee hee... note that i cannot read my pm mails hor, so no pt sending me pm.
happy.gif
you working from home till when? maybe meet you sat morning again?

hwee

Ha ha i was doing "OT" at home. Now in office liao. rushed out 2 reports last nite. Now 1 more to go and have to go clear "shit" later. I think I email you lah

ppp,
Ya, the doggie cookies is very cute. What brand is your bb milk powder? I also used my bb milk powder (Mamil Gold Step 3). My hubby said the taste is nice. But he gave some to his boss to try. He said the taste of milk powder is not right. Not suitable for adult. What do you think?

angi_wee, i think nothing wrong with the recipe but i suppose must lower temp and bake longer then can achieve crunchy result...maybe will try half of your recipe and see.

chrilee, very well done on the doggie cookie leh...oso good bonding time with your lau gong...
If i'm not wrong, fernleave full cream milk powder gives very good milky taste for most cookie or cake. Can try that.

cl, faster faster give us your a/c to transfer $ to you...don't want to owe over CNY....

Hihi Ladies,
Been busy with all the baking these few days, only got chance to read the postings but no time to do posting.

May I ask if any of you stay nearby Bt Batok area with Train cutter? Can I borrow it? :p

Chrilee,
I like the doggie cookies, so cute.... after new year will try to bake some for my gals.
happy.gif

tanawas,
U orgainsing the KC spree? Let me see if I have anything to get. Thanks in advance.

Hi fatmum, your cupcakes look very nice! Thanks for the tips on using fresh cream! I dun like the taste of buttercream so I shall go PH later and get the cream to do my niece's birthday cake this weekend!

Hi Eron, I love eating cornflake cookies! Yours look great. THanks for the recipe angi, I will try out your recipe if I've the time today!

Hi Chris, your "doggies" are very cute! Size all very nice and uniform! I also want to make! Dunno whether got time or not!!!

I only managed to make pineapple tarts. Used my HK food stamper to print the face. Here's the pic:

1230651.jpg

annealise
So cute pineapple tarts!

yve
I have watched that last night show but too fast cannot see clearly. I like the mouse one so cute n they said use egg white & sugar to make it. Look simple but I think not easy to make.

annealise
yr pineapple tart pastry is it the same as those pineapple put outside one? Can share yr recipe for the pastry?

eileen,
Got one part of the chef making kueh bangkit.. but my kids were distracting me.. Orh, one of the shop sells hae bee hiam cookies and also charcoal cookies!
Yep, the white mouse is not easy to make and need to bake very very long at low temp.. It is something like this one..
http://esjoie.wordpress.com/2007/12/29/meringue-cookies/
Good to use up all the leftover egg whites from kueh lapis and cny cookies.

Eron, Thanks you. Will try with Fernleave Full Cream milk powder next round. You are right. I also think that it's a good bonding time with my hubby since he will help me evey time I intend to bake. If come to cooking meal. He never help out. So I don't cook. Hee...Hee... It's fun and to do things together.

Vaness81 & Annelise, The doggies really look cute and uniform. As we weight every dough 10g mah.

Annelise, Your pineapple tarts with Hello Kitty Print on it is very nice too. I like it.
rofl.gif

Hi Shook, here is the definition I looked up for you on parchment paper.

'Vegetable (paper) parchment is made by silicone treatment of high density paper. This produces a cross-linked material with high density, stability and heat resistance. Applications include cooking and baking (cooking parchment, baking parchment). To avoid sticking to foods, silicone and other coatings can be applied to parchment.

A common use is to eliminate the need to grease baking sheets and the like, allowing very rapid turn-around of batches of cookies in a commercial bakery. It can also be folded to make moisture-proof packages in which food items are cooked or steamed.

Standard grease-proof or wax paper does not have the properties of parchment and will burn in most cooking applications.'

You can find them in PH as silicone paper. I have yet to use it.

PPP - Thanks for the compliments. It really tasted great just needed some minor adjustments.

Annelise, very cute tarts you have.

Christine, nice doggies too. I have yet to make them. My trial list is so long now.

annelise, your kitty tarts are so adorable! how big are the tarts then? i'm also busy wrapping my tarts but no designs lei. Plain ! Plain!

Eron, got pattern to copy liao!

Fatmum
Excellent fruits u made!
Your cuppie v v well done, flat n even for all. My cuppie peak like mt n not even.

Xiau Ling
So sorry abt your grandpa' news. He is such a great leader. I'sia's economy bloom under him. Oops sensitive better dun talk politic here

Chicken Little
Gosh 2:32 am still working.

Chrilee
How many deg u baked for the doggie cookie in the pic?
How nice to hv your hubby 2 bake wif u.

yve
Kow tow to u. Working still burn mid9 oil every9 to bake
^5, I mixed baking ingredients once in my pot as I dun hv a mixing bowl. The stainess steel pan dat I use is not big enuff
lol.gif

R u looking for red cap container?
i din watch xiao zhi zhan wat a waste
Baking cookies is v time consuming to me due to removing the crump n pastry stuck to the tray

ppp, chrilee
Use your bb's milk powder
lol.gif
v fatterning man coz bb milk powder is high in fats. The smell is 2 strong for ppl who dun like milk

annelise
V innovative pinapple tart shape. nobody wld think dat it's pineapple tarts

Maya
Thx for finding the definition of parchment paper for me. Wz wondering if its the paper (how u call it?) we put in the tray when baking cookies
OK next time I go Sun Lik check if they sell silicone paper

Check wif u gals who baked cup cakes
Do u put cuppies decorated wif buttercream in the fridge?
if I use buttercream w/o adding shortening do I need to put the decorated cuppies in the fridge?
Can replace margarine wif butter for cuppies n buttercream or not?

shook,
yeah, i went to amk ph to get more of the red cap bottles.. out of stock!! have to go back tomorrow to get lor..

christine, actually it was supposed to be in the first few. Bcos the recipe called for horlicks and I didn't have lor. Didnt think of replacing that time so now push back.........hehehe
Suppose no.20???? now
1231091.gif

Shook, I think you are refering to tracing paper(dark grey tone). That's what I am using now. Bought greaseproof paper(off-white tone)last week. Haven't do any baking so didn't try yet.

Saw silicone paper somewhere, but it was 1pc for $1+. I was thinking to myself so expensive, so didn't buy. If everytime I bake must buy 1pc, than I'd rather save the money and invest on silicone mat liao. Which I am patiently waiting for the arrival.
1231092.gif

Let me know your findings once you buy and use.

Hi Shook,
My doggie cookie baked at 120 deg 25 mins. The original recipe is 140 deg 25 mins. For my oven, 140 deg will burn all the cookies.

The cookies are very easy to remove cos the baking sheet I put on the tray won't stick those cookies. Don't remember the exact name already. I bought it from Phoon Huat years ago. It is reuseable. Easy to wash too. Or you can use Glad baking sheet. It doesn't stick too. (Which I used to use it last time).

Have not been baking for very long time since I have kids.

yve
If u dun mind pre-owned red cap container, I can give u mine. But I hv to go home n dig. U want small or big one?

Maya
Silicone paper n silicone sheet different? How much does silicone sheet cost?
Yes I m referring to both tracing n greaseproof paper. Which is better? How much do they cost? Will it b more economical n environment friendly to use silicone sheet?

Chrilee
R u referring to silicone sheet? If Glad baking sheet more than I rather buy silicone sheet

Shook,
Don't remember the name leh. Should be silicone sheet. Check with Phoon Huat. It can be wash and reuse even you bake 100 times, it still don't stick. Better than Glad baking sheet that what I think. Which is use and discard type.

Thanks everyone
happy.gif
My girls had lots of fun making them! They are about 2.5cm in diameter - not very big. My recipe is very simple, only a few ingredients - resulting pastry is quite soft - not the crunchy/ crispy type.

500g plain flour
250g salted butter
2 yolks
1 egg

Cream the butter until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs. Mix till smooth and knead the flour until a soft dough forms. I wrapped the dough in cling wrap and refrigerated overnight. Next day, thaw at room temp for about 1 hour, roll out and use. Bake at 180 deg C for about 20 mins. If you want the colour to be yellow, add 1 to 2 drops of yellow colouring. Mine is for own consumption only so I didn't add any colouring.

fatmum, can share with me the recipe posted in ur third picture (cookies contained in clear round container) ... looks butterish... me love butter!!!
happy.gif
... then somemore can use those squeeze squeeze bag... thank you!!
happy.gif

IMO, as long as it can be reused many times, its more worth. Cos use and throw in the long when you calculate you wld've spent alot liao. The reusable that you both talking about will be the silicone mat/sheet. Not sure how much PH is selling. I've ordered online 2pcs for US7.99. If that brand is good might buy more.

You can even cut it to your pan size so you don't have to grease your pan.....

1231165.gif

shook,
yes yes.. it is silicon sheet from ph.. i went to check at amk ph just now.. that's the one that i buy too.. big enough to cut into half, and use for my 12in by 12in cookie trays.. Cost abt $4.. can wash and reuse.. much cheaper then buying glad baking sheet..

paiseh lah.. dun go and dig.. i also have some old ones, but even those i have used.. haha.. i use the smallest size possible..

dear fatmum

what fresh cream did you use for your cupcake icing? Is it the Red Man one on the left in the picture? Am also thinking of replacing buttercream icing with fresh cream icing. Do you have to whip it up with an electric mixer 1st?
1231233.jpg
photo courtesy of Pink

Hi Chrilee,

Hee, the zebra cake was great and the kids loved it. Tks pink for the recipe :D

Hi Chicken Little,

My hb din hv time to shop in Tokyo and he bot my cutters in Osaka branch, difference by JPY 53 and ur exchange rate is better than mine, overall urs is cheaper by almost $1.
sad.gif

TECHNO oven 42 L S$129... at Harvey Norman in Jurong Point with SHIOK card...
happy.gif
think quite a good buy...

who needs shiok card... i can meet u there...
happy.gif
till 06 feb i think...

PPP, i'm very keen to try coz my gal keep saying the doggie cookies v cute. Mayb after CNY. Btw, the Ikada bakery featured yest is very near your place. Have you ever tried before? Are they over-rated? Sometimes I will go and buy from these shops or restaurants that are featured on tv, but many of them are over-rated after I tried them.

Annelise, your hello kitty pineapple tart are lovely! My gal will not be able to keep her hands off them. She love Hello Kitty.

Cla,
ha ha not buying a lot exchange rate wont kill one lah. The thing is he bought it back for you.

Mummies who has got the cookie cutters via me.
So it is $6.27 for each set of cookie cutter and an pan man is $12.27. For the 2 mummies who requested for postage, just add another $0.80.

Can transfer to my POSB current account at 757039427. Please indicate your nick so I know who you are

Catika,
What is a shiok card ? Can have extended warranty. ha ha $129 should be very affordable for my hb to pay for me for my birthday ha ha

CL, i oso dunno... that time they launch, mum ask me sign up, i sign lor... think they accumulate expenditure n for me, kids eat mac, one meal can foc one apple pie.. dunnno change liow or not...
happy.gif

think u can call them to check...
happy.gif

wow eileen

That was fast leh. Thanks will check my account.

Mummies
Need help to put on your thinking cap. Today I just did a phone interview with a transfer indo maid. She has ex Taiwan 6 years exp and yes can understand Mandarin quite well. Whole conversation done in Mandarin.

Her 6 years exp was mainly to look after elderly. Then now for past 6 months she is working for SIN family looking after 2 kids 3 years old and 8 months. She is being employed under the name of the kids' grandma instead of the mummy. Grandma speaks dialect only and it seems like the instruction given by mummy and what grandma wants is different so grandma always angry with maid. In the end grandma does not want this maid.

I request to speak to previous employer but previous employer does not want to get involved.This is the only point that makes me hesitant in taking up this maid. Hmm if you were me, would you take up this maid ?

I thot speaking mandarin is a plus point as it will cut down a lot of communication breakdown between her and my mum as intial stage I will leave her and the children with my mum while I am at work.

She told me she has handphone and will ask for permission before calling her daughter who is 5 years old. This I can understand. I ask her if she has frens here but she says no fren but though no off days would like to go out on Hari Raya.

Then she pop a question on where I stay ? (Dunno why she ask , how relevant is it for her to decide to work for me or not)

Help Help, take or not to take leh ?

CL,

my grandma just had underwent 2 neuro-surgeries in Oct last year. My aunt who is staying alone with my grandma has to work during the day hence very desperately looking for a good maid experienced in looking after elderly. if you decide to forgo this maid, can you please PM me so I can see if she's suitable to look after my grandma? Thanks very much. Btw, is she Muslim or Christian?

chicken little
For myself, I don't want transfer maid or ever work in Singapore. I afraid they might have friends & will have a lot of calls or troubles. So I employ a fresh one from philippines but work in philippines as maid before. Lucky she is working quite well.
But employing maid is depending yr luck, I have a niece taking a indo transfer maid. She also can speak mandarin & she is very good & friendly. I wonder why she ask that maybe she has friend or relative in Singapore?

<font color="ff0000">THX HEAPS ERON!!! 3rd attempt, i've baked e cornflakes cookies succesfully!!! 2flops due to not enuf cornflakes hahahhaha...</font>

Hi Cl
after having 5 maids in last 5 yrs i learn few thing
1.do not give them off day they will make friends and later you might have problem
2.do not allow them to have a HP if you do you should be ready to meet their boyfriend sooner or later.(even if they are married and have kids)
3.only allow them to call their family once a week from your local house no.
4.do not let them go to market or downstairs alone

i dont know mummies here agree with me or not

but after having so much trouble i learn this thing and so far my current maid is ok

CL, have tt you liao. Thanks so much...

To Account POSB Current
757-03942-7 chicken little
Amount S$6.27
Transaction Reference 1553987451

Maya, Chrilee, Yve
Thx. I better buy the silicone sheet. Long term cheaper n environment friendly

yve
dun need pai seh lar. I dug my mum's cabinet 3 small ones red cap. 1 small one but white cap, 1 thin long one. Do u want those flat, round transparent one (not air tight)? I hv dat @ my own plc. Email me your contact. My email is [email protected] We sms faster

Annelise
Thx for sharing your recipe. It really looks simple
I love soft pastry. Actually I enjoy the pastry more than the pineapple fillings. I used to bake kosong pastry for my own consumption
biggrin.gif

mama_mya
i agree totally with u!! my previous maid worked with me for 4 yrs and is actually v good n v close to us already. after her 2nd yr she asked for hp then after that day off ever mth. my hubby said we shld treat maids like normal humans so he gave her all these perks. few mths later, her attitude started to change, couldnt concentrate in her work anymore. i wud say she take my kindness for granted and we couldnt take it anymore so one day we just asked her to go back. now my current maid is 36 yr old, no hp and off days and im v satisfied. maybe cos she is old n has kids already so all these perks dun bother her.

Back