Cup cakes for birthday

shook,
so you stayed at pasir ris too! I'm staying at 637 drive 1, you lei?
please don't say teach lei, my skills are not to that level yet. just would be more fun to practise and bake together ma!
happy.gif

so you are preggie? when due? first or 2nd child?

eileen,
oh i c ic.... no wonder cant stick la. so must add hot water... Thks for ur advise. tmr start do again.

Eileen n Ice lim,

Thanks.
happy.gif

Nikonnet,

I use cake flour...I also don know what is top flour leh...it is about 1 inch+. ya no egg n sugar needed!!!

ppp, you use full recipe for the doggie cookie can get roughly how many pieces? I am thinking of half recipe, but scare can get few pieces only, wasted effort lar.

Hi all
just finish baking the phoon & tigger cookie n the sugi cookie. Didn't expect the sugi cookie to expand till so big, the recipe stated can make 62cookies n I only made 28cookie. Can imagine how big I make it, hehe!
1229611.jpg
1229612.jpg

Nikonnet,

is about 40+ piece only - one and half samll red cover container.
happy.gif

Eileen,

So lucky that I still manage to a the pooh n micky set cutter from ep.....hope that can bake the cookies as nice as yours...hehe....u bake jumbo sugi cookies hah..as long as the taste is good can liao.
happy.gif

Is anybody still interested in getting bakeware from www.kitchencollection.com? I'm getting something from the website, and would like to see if anyone would like to tag along. I'll take orders till tomorrow (31 Jan 08) 10pm. No heavy/bulky items please. Please email your orders to: tanwawas(at)hotmail.com. Exchange rate will be 1.50, and thereafter adjusted according to my actual credit card exchange rate.

Conditions:
(1) Both US and Vpost shipping are payable (sadly no free domestic shipping currently).
(2) Collection at Jurong East or Gombak MRT only, or via postage.

Thks!

that night i baked sugi cookies (hammie's recipe) ... all melted and become rectangles... hahahaha... think i added too much ghee... cos my dough is 'wet' and sticky... shud the cookie's dough be pizza/bread dough like? ....

Eileen,

Nice cookies and sugis. I only managed to get 36 sugi cookies out of the same recipe. Wonder how the lady in the blog managed to get 62!

Eileen,

Thanks for reminding me. These few days my despatch quite busy so don dare to ask for his help..pai sei pai sei...can pm me your a/c no, i trf the fund to u then easier for my despatch just take n go.
happy.gif

ppp
no urgent to transfer fund to me leh! Just afraid u might need it before CNY. Can pay me anytime after the collection.

Eileen,
yes, it will expand...my first tray is super big too.
sad.gif

Catika,
shouldn't be too wet and sticky leh...did u follow the amount required?

cookiepie,
I double my ingredient and i made about 120+ of the sugi cos it will expand during baking.

i did for all........ excpet ghee..... cos i got no weighing scale... hahahah... one can = 425gram... so i divide into half and then minus off some..... :p

Did anyone make mini peanut puff (kok chai in cantonese) for cny? Couldn't find any nice ready made one selling outside.....found a recipe in dj fengying's blog though.

cookiepie, the sugi cookies recipe can make more than 60. I think is about 75. That time I counted the first tray I made is 25. It's baked about 3 tray plus.

Chrilee,
Wow you managed to get 75, that's much more than 62. Now I wonder if I convert the measurement from cup to gram wrongly. Is 1 and 1/3 cup = 160gm plain flour?

haiya.. all these cookie making making me itch to make too.. It is only 1 week to CNY and i want to make so many things..

Last Sat, Baked 7 bottles of pineapple tarts..
Monday, i tried kueh bangkit, failed. all went to dustbin..
Tues, I tried peanut cookie.. Good.. Got 3 bottles of them..
Today, thinking of melting moments or my tried and trusted choc chip chookies..

Every night burning midnight oil baking cookies..
Now I see these pics, so tempted to do the pooh biscuits..

Js'mum
Nice kueh bangkit shapes

ppp
I only bake cup cakes. Now I can only look @ the pic here n
kao_drool.gif

Thx for sharing the recipe. I keep the recipes here for future baking
biggrin.gif

U r v patient. The doggie cookies require a lot of work n time consuming to bake.
Notice the recipe doesn't use sugar n egg. Can replace cake flour/top flour wif self raising flour or not? Wat kinda milk powder u use? Can use 3 in 1 horlicks or not?

ice_lim
Shrimp roll eat v easy hor, make v taxing. I made once gave up liao. Backache, shoulder ache. Now I buy them. Last yr I bot the seaweed roll, tis yr v fast sold out liao. Din get the chance to buy.
I used to buy the smallest poh piah skin to make shrimp roll. Cut into 4 pcs
Hv u used up all the poh piah skin u bot? If not, can fry them n use for eating yu sheng

Maruolin
Me drive 1 too!! I m on the other side of the MRT track, blk 535
happy.gif

My due date is 3rd Apr, 2nd child.
Tis yr can't accept your invitation to bake tog. CNY next wk, haven't finish spring cleaning n CNY deco. Gotta attend a bb shower party tis wk n. Join u in the future can?
Aye, next time we can bake other things tog as well. Yipee!!

Eileen, Cookiepie
Your sugi cookies muz b jumbo

Eileen
V nice Pooh n Pigletz cookies u made. Wat's your secret? I made once only wif Mickey n Minnie cookies cutter. V pek chek wanna throw away the batter. Either stuck to the table top or broke

shook
some of cookie also broke, just didn't show u all, hehe! I placed plastic bag below & on top of the dough n roll it. So it will not stick on the table. And I placed baking paper on the baking tray so when baked just lift the paper up a bit then can remove the cookie easily.

christine,
bake and bake then give all away.. cannot possible eat all on my own.. peanut cookie so much easier than kueh bangkit.. but its main ingredient is oil, flour, ground peanut and icing sugar.. so scary..

You gals should try these. Its similiar to butter cookies. Can't recall the web I got it from but can search under Melting Moments.

1229892.jpg

Two pieces of butter cookies sandwiched with chocolate (nutella).
Yum! Yum!

3rascals, I think you can substitute gelatine with agar agar. Some mommies have discuss abt this in earlier thread. But I think maybe you shd use more tsp agar agar (mayb 5 tsp) as I notice the gelatine is really concentrated.
Once you omitted the baking part, I think its much easier to make the cheezecake. Coz my oven very siao, hard to estimate the right temperature. Once you burned the cake, then all effort goes down the drain.
sad.gif

PPP, your doggie cookies looks very cute. My gal loves it, but this lazy mummy scare of the decor part. Hard work.

Fatmum, you collecting your orders frm angelin? Can help me pickup frm her and sent to Pink's place? I'll go and drop angelin a mail now.

yve
Wow u v on, bake every9. R u working?
Blk 541, I think we r v near
Do u buy raw peanut to make peanut cookies?
All the cookies n cakes r sinful

Eileen
Thx for sharing your tips. I gonna try your mtd next time I use the cutters. Hope I can still remember
proud.gif

Maya
Wat is parchment paper?

Kathy, u jst need to infd Angelin that ur items comes under Pink. Cos I don't collect direct from Angelin but instead I need Angeline to trsf to Serangoon.

PPP, no la my standard cannot be a shifu yet. I jst share what i know. If I'm ur shifu then pink will be ur grand shifu liao ha...ha.... Think ur baking skill is catching up liao. Keep it up!!!

Niko if you follow the 10gm rule u can yield abt 40+ pieces.

3rascals to replace gelatine with agar agar the ration is 5:3 (Gelatine: Agar agar) this info is from Stonmama cos I asked the same qns as you. Agar agar use lesser.

Last week, baked the oatmeal cookies topped with M&M chocolate jst to attract my boy to take it. Also tried melting moment & did some cuppies for my boss farewell. I filled the inner cuppies with blueberry & used fresh cream.

1230097.jpg

1230098.jpg

1230099.jpg

1230100.jpg

1230101.jpg

fatmum, all your fruits very nice...For the melting moment, how you get that shape?
And your cuppies very nicely bake, all well level..not like mine always has that kind of volcano errupt type.
You using fresh cream for the topping? Won't it melt? Using Toppin pride brand, right? Give some tips leh....The mouse is cute...fresh cream too??

Eron, I used piping bag & shape nozzel. But I find it difficult to squeeze out from the bag. So u see some big some small cos no strength liao ha..ha....

Actually u see my cuppies also errupted. I reduced the baking powder content and avoid filling it too much. Hope it helps.

Ke...ke....the mouse is those ready made candy can get from Sheng siong. A big bottle $3. For cream I used redman brand. Must fast leg fast hand, when I find the cream in the piping bag too soft i put into fridge to refreeze b4 I used again. Bring to office which is air conditioned so still can withstand the heat. From far see nice nice but if zoom in hor got lots lobang liao. I normally piped at night then put in fridge, bring to office the next day ard 7am, eat ard noon, still ok.

fatmum, hahaha..if you din say, really cannot tell got big small cookies..
So you reduce the baking powder..ok, will try that too...
I went Sheng Siong last night but din see any mouse on the candy shelf leh...maybe smaller outlet don't carry..
Will try fresh cream next time..icing butter too sweet for me and most of the time is nice to see but not nice to eat...thanks for your tips..
happy.gif

angi_wee & mamato5Js, I just bake the cornflakes cookies again using lower temp 130'C for 35min. Its very crunchy and not soft inside. Though the paper cup becomes oily, but most important is taste is good. I bake some without putting in the paper cups and it will spread & become flatten unlike those in papercup will rise.

1230150.jpg
1230151.jpg

CL, ep,

Do you still have the disney cookie cutters? All the 5 designs? Asking on my fren's behalf. Thanks!

Eron,

Wow, nice cornflakes cookies leh. I oso want to bake but not enuff time.

Fatmum,

Nice fruits out there. I baked the melting moments before oso but my kids dun really like it..haiz... Ya, I agree with you, pipe till the hand so tiring.

eron, this was my recipe haiz... i used too little cornflakes la coz i didnt measure, juz filled half a ziplock bag... gei kiang haiz....

CORNFLAKES COOKIES

125gms softened good quality butter
1/3 cup castor sugar (Try not to reduce the proportion of sugar too much)
1 large egg
2/3 cup jumbo sultanas (usual sized ones if large ones are difficult to find)
1 cup self raising flour (sifted)
2-3 cups lightly crushed cornflakes (tip: use a plastic ziplock bag)

Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer till fluffy and well combined. Use a wooden spoon, large bowl and lotsa arm muscle if you don't have a mixer *good luck* haha~. Add egg, beat well. Fold in flour and sultanas. Spoon a tablespoon of cookie batter into crushed cornflakes and turn to coat. Form fairly into a sphere shape and place on nonstick cookie tray. Repeat with the rest of the batter and place cookies 2-3 cm's apart to allow for spreading. Bake in preheated 150 degree oven for 15-18 minutes. Surface should be golden and crisp.

Hwee
Pai seh, rushing for report in office. Now still working from home. Letting my mind rest a bit so pop by this thread

Got the exchange rate liao. SGD 1.328 for JPY 100 and the price JPY 472 is oredi inclusive of tax. So each set is $6.27 hor.

Peng,
The anpan man will be $12.27 since it is JPY 924

J's mum,
Pai seh bo liao. Watever my colleague bought back from me all distributed according to the list liao.

Mummies,
Nice work and yummy cookies. Ok me back to work liao. Sleepless nite, very ku min.

CL....ok...wat abt the pooh n piglet one...email me the total cost and ur acct no ok veronicachia@hotmail

cookiepie...for the sugi recipe i manage to get 70 pcs leh...juz roll into abt less than 1 tps size very cute after baking

eileen...wah can imagine how jumbo is ur cookie kekeke...first time i also din know also got large cookie..

Cla, Nice to meet you yesterday. Thanks you for the Disney Cookie Cutters. How's your zebra cake?

Cl, So I need to pay you S$13.34 for the two sets of Disney Cookie Cutter (including postage), right? May I have your POSB or DBS a/c no to transfer?

Hwee, I have bought the Mickey Cookie Cutter from Cla already. Don't have to grab it for me when you go to Japan during end March.

PPP and Fatmum,
My hubby and I baked the doggie cookie yesterday.
We try baked at 120 deg 25 mins and 130 deg 20 mins. He prefers the batch with 120 deg 25 mins.
I counted the number of cookies. Total can make 55 cookies.

Here the pictures:

1230531.jpg
1230532.jpg
1230533.jpg

shook,
yeah, i am working.. Made choc chip cookies last night.. 4 bottles.. they ended up crispy kind..

I cheat for peanut cookies.. buy ground peanut from PH lah.. so just mix everything up and roll into balls.. Din have a big enough bowl, end up mixing it in my wok..

Hmm, dunno what to make tonight.. kueh bangkit? I dried the flour 2 days ago.. this time i will make half portion to see see.. I need to get more bottles already..

Did anyone catch the xiao zhi zhan last night on channel 8? they featured the best cny goodies shops.. lots of clips showing how the bakeries baked their cookies.. can learn a few tricks from them..
happy.gif

shook,
oh, 535.. I will walk under this block if i go whitesands, my block is across drive 1, next to the bus-stop.. Maybe u can see my kitchen lights still on at midnight, that's me.. haha..

Last night not too late.. baked till 10 plus only.. drop cookies like choc chip cookies are so much easier..

Back