Cup cakes for birthday

Hi BlurQ,
Before you decide to get which type of oven, you ask yourself, which type of baking will you be doing most? Cookies, muffins, cupcakes, chiffons, cakes.... And budget, space in kitchen.

For myself, I started off with a moulinex 23litres. Initally it was sufficient as I did muffins and donuts most of the time. However, when i started on chiffon, this oven is not enough as it has no fan function. As a result, it didn't turn out well.

So, i went out to scout for a oven - with the advise of a friend, i bought a table top 42litres tecno, with fan. And of course with other funtions are well. So far, it has worked well for me. This oven cost me around $260. Didn't want to spend too much on it cos the ultimate oven i want is a built in one. So for the time being, i will bear with this one.

I also have looked into other brand of oven - Toyomi, Takada, Morris, Tefal, etc. Some of them do come with fan-force. The best place to view all these is Mustafa.

And welcome to our baking 'industry', blurq!!

keng.. dearie.. can can...
happy.gif
the pre-fruit kind... i still find them a bit sweet and the fruits not fresh lah...
happy.gif
add any fruits u like.

If you like digestives, can dip and eat... i like it that way too... coz to me, digestives too dry... the yoghurt cold and creamy... nice nice.
happy.gif

cat: ur lunch look good eh... i still haven taken lunch... took medi n slp till gong gong... nw see all these foods... still dunno wat to eat...

ling,
so fast?? wah...

pink & donut makers ,
is there anyway i can make the dough a bit more fluffy? add more flour or youghurt?? hee hee

ep,
i can't tahan already. anymore scale to spare, can post pics? issit can measure up to 1gm huh?

catika,
tks for tips, otherwise find eating yogurt a chore hehhe

Cat,
wow, yummy lunch, i oso eat my lunch abt the time , cook instant Kimchi mee.
Wat brand of yogurt u use huh?

Ep,
i received my scale liao, thank you

Where is Pink huh? i sms her but din reply me.
Anybody noe tat time Pink bought the blueberry from PH, is wat brand huh? and is packing in tin or just zip lock?

Cat,
wow, yummy lunch, i oso eat my lunch abt the time , cook instant Kimchi mee.
Wat brand of yogurt u use huh?

Ep,
i received my scale liao, thank you

Where is Pink huh? i sms her but din reply me.
Anyone noe tat time Pink bought the blueberry from PH, is wat brand huh? and is packing in tin or just zip lock?

ling, no prob for the glass part... it's sturdy leh... i put that IKEA BIG BIG BIG porcelain bowl on top before... it's okie.. no crack.
happy.gif
(to sieve flour into)

keng, no prob! go get marigold plain LOW fat yoghurt... i like it... creamy and nice.
happy.gif
otherwise get the strawberry one (I dislike others... weird taste) to start off.
happy.gif
(selling at 2 for 1.90 or 1.95)

keng, i kaypo here... got my scale from ep last time too... it's good... can measure up to 1gm... i weigh my pkt of cheeseballs... only 1gram differnce as stated from the pkt... very accurate lor!
happy.gif

lim, didn't see ur post... hahahaha.. marigold LOW fat yoghurt...
happy.gif
plain one...

i was almost contemplating to cook the silver packaging MAMA brand tom yam... but... my fats tell me to go healthy today lah... hahhahhaaha... :p

ling... the cheeseballs is 14g per pkt... it weighs 15g on scale lah... i tried other things also... very accurate!
happy.gif
[maybe the 1g is the air trapped inside the pkt?!?!?]

wah lau... now the weighing scale like maciam our toy like that... hahahahahaha

catika: ya ya love love love... hehe let's share the love...

Mmmm chey i tot my weighin machine got prob eh... i kept weighing... cannot weigh 1g @ all.. need at less 5g to appear on the thing...

Eileen, the thing is big lo... postman wan to see me for wat? hehe

ladies, i found out something... do u keep ur chiffon cake in the fridge? I kept mine cause i scared weather hot.. got coconut... wait spoilt..

I snack on one piece just now... it taste even better then the taste ytd.

Cat ask me won't it get harden.. mmm mine don't.. but if want softer... leave it out for ard 10min.... it will be softer then just take out from fridge.

Hi Ling,
Wanted to ask you about chiffon cake, when you invert the cake, can it come out easily? Will the cake sticked on the pan?

The weighing machine from EP:

1365526.jpg
1365527.jpg

catika..... cut liao cut liao... inside look like that.... this is the fruit from ytd... waited for hb to cut.... taken juz take out from the fridge....

1365528.jpg

Maruoline,

Is it a cupcake, can't wait to see your final design... My daugther birthday next month, still do not have confident and skills. Think need to buy from cakeshop.... :>

ep
Received it, thanks!

Ling
I purposely go downstair to check mailbox n it is inside. Why the postman bring it up for me? So unfair!

Eileen: Hehehe i dunno why eh... most of the time if we recieved bulky things, they will bring it up whether its register or non register mail.

Eileen, maybe your is the new mailbox tt can open behind is it? tt y the postman never bring it up from u since can squeeze into the mailbox.

Eileen: Lol cham la... the thing is sent under HB's name eh.... Jia lat liao -_-"

Joy747: Welcome to the big family. Failed nvm.. got heart to learn n try again.. can liao.... mine chiffon oso failed till no face to see ppl but nw... so glad it works.

ling... hmm.. differnt from mine... but still nice lah!
happy.gif

ling... the chiffon.. very holey... hahahaha... good!

maruolin.. looks yummy!!!
happy.gif

Back