Cup cakes for birthday

hi eileen,
waxed papercup more suitable for muffin, or those cupcake recipe which content lot's of butter.
those ang moh type cupcake.
aluminium cup also quite similar with waxed papercup.

if u make those cake that need to " hang on the wall" type, then u can't use waxed or aluminium cup.

japanese cheesecake also one of the cake that "need to hang on the wall" type.

another tips:
if u see the recipe required to seperate the egg whites and egg yolks, and later on fold in togather, then usually this type of cake need to "hang on the wall" type.

but again, u gotta see what is the rest of the ingredients leh..... very "luan" hor?
Hope i dun confuse u leh...

ep... i was at the wan at hougang lor.. near mall.. bought a block of choc coverture.. den they gave cream cheese.. ask them y.. they say cos boss say give.. so total paid $10.20.. for 1kg choc n 1 tub cream cheese

kendy
that means we went to the same shop!
issit buy choc then free cream cheese or with every purchase haha.. i dare not ask.. take n faster go back.. so we stay near each other?? wan to come over to bake some time? i m opp the punggol park..

hurry to hougang ph for free cream cheese!!

hammie, thanks!! the method is really simpler.. but i have never tried piping before.. so will try it out again either tmr or sunday!

Thanks!

ep,
means we are near to one another.. MIL plc is near the punggol pri, my own plc is at SK...but weekend sure at MIL plc.

Sher, U try and let me know if it is nice..hee hee...then i can also try... :p u test water first...hee hee.

realli.. i juz buy yesterday evening.. but hor.. ask them how come got give.. n spend how much den give.. she say depends.. zzz

hammie.. which part hougang u stay?? i stay hg green.. u got msn bo?? add me? [email protected]

ep.. no prob.. lol.. when free organize gathering lor.. don mind open house.. but house very messy..

thinking go back to buy somemore things today.. foc cream cheese.. don get den lugi...

ep : opposite punggol park
hammie : mil near ponggol pri
sher : near kovan
kendy : near hougang green

keke.. any other add ons??

Shers,
saw yr "fruits" & thought u had succeeded in making macarons leh! sori!

CL,
okie, will pm her to look look see see hehehe!
actually i got tin already, but don't know what to do.

Pink,
Abt butter, i use Gold Tree to make pineapple tarts but do get feedback that smells of too much butter.

Which brand of butter wld be more suitable huh?
thanks.

I stay near punggol park as well.

akohle: cck
dearie_e: Compassvale bow, opp singtel building

Shers,
yesterday mc at home so bake the pandan cake you post. so happy, successful at first try. my gal eat the whole cake (put extra batter in cupcake) herself.

Pink, I also do the oneh2 also.. silly me, go and boil the pandan leave with water. That why, i'm thinking why dont need to add colouring.. now I know, need to blend the pandan leave with water.
embarrassed.gif

Where do you put up:

Ling: Jurong west, Near Kovan ( Mil) Wdl ( Mum)

Where do you put up:

hammie : mil near ponggol pri & me @compassvale rd
Ling: Jurong west

Pink...me too dun like the SCS butter smell i prefer to use Anchor brand

Shers...i use piping bag to pipe out the dough, i overcooked the custard so looks ugly but taste is ok :D
1365103.jpg

i dun mind open my humble hse for the gathering :D

Peng: Punggol meridian lrt

peng
nice custard puff!

Just now trying to make chicken filling puff but don't know why the batter so waterly. Keep adding flour also the same. End up I pour the batter on the frying pan to fry it. Then add in the chicken filling & roll like spring roll. My boy still enjoy eating it, hehe! I am very terrible always give him eat my fail fruit.

pink
that mean muffin or butter cake can used waxed papercup & aluminium cup. Sponge cake or cheesecake must use no waxed papercup. Am I right?

Shers,
This is my recipe for Choux Pastry (for cream puff). I hv made it many times - no problem. Hope u will give it a try.

To get design on puffs, I use Wilton Tip No.1B to pipe.

4 nos. eggs
125g butter
1/4 litre water
150g flour
1/2 tsp sugar
pinch of salt

1. Bring water, sugar, salt and butter to the boil.
2. Remove from the heat and add flour and mix thoroughly.
3. Return to a gentle heat and stir continuously until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
4. Remove from the fire and allow to cool slightly. Gradually add the eggs and mix well.
5. The paste should be dropping consistency.

pink shifu,
now I confuse liao. Japanese cheesecake can use aluminium tray to bake right? (Thought I saw it in your recipe) Yesterday, me just go and buy the tray from S&S.

By the way, I have one S&S stamp. Anybody want?

pink... never tried ur durian puff before... *hint hint*... heheheheh

i am also confused about when to use what kind of cup/container leh....

pink... can teach us? ... maybe do a summary? like....

waxed cups: xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, etc.

paper cups: xxx, xxx, xx, xxx, xxx, etc.

aluminium continers: xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, etc.

just list a few more common bakes, especially those discussed here? ... thanks lots.... sometimes want to bake 'mini' versions of chiffon / sponge etc for boy to bring school rececss... also duuno must put in non-waxed?/waxed?/aluminium etc...
happy.gif

Shers,
remove pan from fire, then add flour.

once finish adding flour, return to fire (lower fire) and continue stirring until mixture leaves the sides of pan.

Cat
I mean the papercup are pack in a big packet in selling, how to see inside got wax or not? I always spent a lot of time checking & always bought the wrong one.

Dearie,
happy.gif
if times permit i would love to pop over...hee hee mess up ur house..hahahahah

web one veri slow...moreover my internet pc is standalone..diff from opi one...so i need to switch...pc..
sad.gif
haiz...later i on web msn..u msg me i also dunno if i go to office pc..hee hee...later u scold me why didnt answer...

hi mummies,

i will be converting to part time work frm May 08 onwards.
hope to learn baking during my free time and learn from all of u here.

1st i need recommendation on the type/brand of oven to get.

Catika
I ask u a stupid question, for passion fruit is to eat the seed? That day bought together with u n when I cut it quite confuse what to eat.

eileen... that day i bought two plates... i'm left with only 4 fruits now... yummy...

u cut half width wise... and then just use spoon to dig and eat all !!! including seeds... the green one... will be sourish... the ripe ones... very pang pang!!!
happy.gif

Hi,

I want to try the chiffon cake in the weekend, can I use any round aluminium cake tray or can I use the slicone bakeware for chiffon cake? Need your advice pls....

ep : opposite punggol park (Park Green)

ep : opposite punggol park (Park Green)
hammie : mil near ponggol pri & -Compassvale Rd