Cooking Tips & Recipe

Thank you Van, Amelia & Sophie,
Next time I will enlarge the pic to tempt u all. My hubby says my cooking so so, but I tot tat was quite tasty. Dun noe why his standard so high one.

Amelia,
That's impressive! Sewing needs a lot of patience and not many people can do that ;p My mom used to make clothes for others and we are always 'forced' to do hamming and I hated it
happy.gif
Show us some of your completed pieces lah!

I will try to post my photos on Yahoo when I have the time...today just got back to work so will be quite tied up...

Good Morning!

Slept at 3.30am last night.
499863.gif
DD vomitted in the middle of the night, dirtied the bedsheet,pillow,pilow case and even mattress protector. So hb washed her hair and bathed for her, while I changed the beddings, rinsed off the dirty and smelly stuff before putting them into washing machine,even have to throw away two new pillows.

She vomitted again twice, super kan cheong hb wanted to bring her to KK A&E,while I think 24hr clinic should be alright, in the end went to Bt Panjang's 24hr clinic,cos we don't trust the CCK's 24hr clinic anymore.

By the time came back, fed her medicine, hang up the washed beddings, prepare "liao" for this morning's cooking, already 3.30am!

Heavy breakfast today is Fried Beehoon with canned stewed pork ribs.

<font color="ff0000">Cat_tail,</font>
You hb's standard very high leh! My hb thought the hokkien mee was quite "authentic", same taste as the zi char stall's.He thought there is some special sauce for this type of hokkien mee and I managed to get hold of it.

<font color="0000ff">b2b3M4</font>
I have a Tiger Thermal pot, not Thermos.According to the Thermos promoter(not sure if it's true) Thermos didn't have enough demand to meet the minimum quantity for the production line, so they actually "sub" out the orders to Tiger, which means both Tiger and Thermos are using same material.

When I told him Tiger keeps having promotions, prices are much cheaper than Thermos, he said Tiger is clearing their warehouse stocks.Thermos will be doing that in Oct and Nov.

BTW, I think Taka will be having SALE in OCT, not sure whether Tiger will have discount or not,but they usually do.

I don't know anything about cooking brown rice in thermal pot.Why don't you try Sophie's tested method of cooking brown rice instead?

<font color="aa00aa">Amelia,</font>
You are right, my MIL hardly eat out, so no chance to sample new dishes that's why always cook the same dishes.She didn't even know how make simple seasoned chicken wings for deep frying...always coat the chicken wings with batter to deep fried,which I dislike.

Hb also agree that his mum should eat out more often to learn from other's cooking.

You must be really patient... I don't have the patience to sew.Would love to see your completed pieces too!

How much did you pay for the new sewing machine? I thought of getting a cheap one,even looking at auction sites for 2nd hand one.

<font color="119911">Sophie,</font>
My BIL's wife also said my MIL wants to be the Queen all the time, so one household cannot have two "Queen",sure have lots of conflict resulting from that.

Van,
Oh dear, so what did the doctor say was wrong with your dd? Is it food poisoning? Hmm... but no diarrhoea right? Is she feeling better today?

Your yakitori looks good!

Sophie,

Thank you. The doctor said it's food poisoning.She didn't vomit or complain of stomach ache after taking the medicine,no diarrhoea.This morning also looks alright but still continue to give her medicine,she's in school now.

My hb gave her half container of Po Chai pills (which I am not very comfortable),when she complained stomach ache.When she threw out, she also threw out the po chai pills.

Any one has tried giving po chai pills to young kids?

littlecat, my son bite someone in child care centre before, the reason is not because of jealousy. Before giving birth to my 2nd ds, I always tell him how much i love him and the tummy didi and explained his didi is so excited to see him soon and his didi love him so much etc..... to make sure he will not turn out to be jealous when bb is born and will treat and love him equally. No jealousy had happened from my elder boy and he really doted his didi. Only recently they began to fight with toys and my elder start to get angry with his didi.

annelise, you're so busy and still 'you xin' asking about my chicken poxs son, thanks!
He has recovered and went to the school today.

van, you're such a lovely wife and i think you're hb knows deep inside his heart and never shows.... some man are like that. Can tell that your hb is a mummy boy, but luckily not staying with MIL. I and my MIL cannot get along too... maybe we used to lived together before and at that there's some conflicts. Luckily we moved out in time and things and getting better now but then we still not close.....

van, I had the 'yu sheng' on sunday.I did not go to hua yuen and went to zhen zhen. Here's the details: 54, zhen zhen porriage, maxwell food centre. Closed on tuesday. I think their food will sold out after 2-3. Be prepare to queue for 30mins to an hour, not sure about the weekdays.

About zhen zhen porriage, my hb is so frustrated as he queue for an hour and he thinks is not worth to Q for the food plus he saw their hygiene is quite bad. The aunti was cleaning the floor using the same cloth to wipe their display glass, after that,she clear the dustbin and straight took a bowl, bit an egg for their customer without washing her hands. But then i think most hawker hygiene is not good and i chose not to look at how they deal with food if i want to buy somthing from them. As for me, zhen zhen porriage taste better, I and my hb prefered Hua yuen yu sheng.

van, cat_tail, I cooked the hokkien mee on Sunday, sorry never take picture cos desperate to eat them straight away. Thanks van!

van, how's your dd? Hope she get well soon!
I know that in middle of the night vomited and gotta clear everything that you mentioned and bath and after that KK a&amp;e cos my son vomited too and i experienced that before.
My son is not food poisoning, he's having bad cough and lotsa phlegm that makes him vomit.

About the po chai pills, it helps when i took them when im a kid and is safe. I didn't let my boys take it cos i don't think they'll know how to swallow the tiny pills and will vomit out.

Van,
I used to eat po chai pills when young, but have since stopped since teenage years so should be safe. But if she is already taking the western medicine, should try not to mix Western and Chinese. Anyway, the doc would have given you a small little pill (normally white colored) that is very effective in stopping stomach pains/spasms.

annlee,
The hawker place sounds disgusting! Wonder how come my sis never notice it! Plus handling raw fish and eggs, quite gross if they're so unhygienic!

Did your ds get any bad scars or anything? Cos that time you were worried about scars.
What about your second son, did he get infected too?

499910.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Stall</TD><TD>Where?</TD><TD>What's Good?</TD><TD>Remarks </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nasi Padang</TD><TD>Zion Rd Opposite Great World City</TD><TD>Tau Geh/Beef Rendang/Bergadil/sambal mussels/sambal goreng</TD><TD>? </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Malay Rice</TD><TD>Lucky Plaza #01-108 Cipta Rasa Cafe</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nasi Lemak</TD><TD>Lucky Plaza Basement</TD><TD>Crispy Ikan Kuning</TD><TD>crowded during lunch hour </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peranakan</TD><TD>Peramakan 92 Joo Chiat Rd</TD><TD>Fish Maw Soup/beef rendang/Chap chye</TD><TD>Closed on Sundays </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zi Yean Seafood</TD><TD>Stirlng Road</TD><TD>Kam Heong Chicken/Crispy beancurd</TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bu Ye Tian Yu Tou Lu</TD><TD>Cheong Chin Nam Road</TD><TD>? </TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ramen Ramen</TD><TD>Rail Mall</TD><TD>"Ramen Ramen"Ramen</TD><TD> ? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hand Made Soon Kueh</TD><TD>Alexandra Blk 123</TD><TD>? </TD><TD>? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hand Made Soon Kueh/Ang Ku Kueh</TD><TD>Blk 127 Bt Merah Lane 1 in a coffee shop</TD><TD>also have Ku Cai Kueh/SuanPanZi</TD><TD>Closed Sun/PH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ayam Penyet</TD><TD> 67 Beach Rd NTUC Income Beach Junction #B1-01/02</TD><TD> Ayam Penyet Indonesian Style/Sambal Chilli recommended by Channel 8</TD><TD> Mon- Fri 11am-9pm &amp; Sat/Sun 12noon- 10pm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kim Dae Mun Korean Food</TD><TD> Le Meridien Foodcourt</TD><TD> Grilled Mackerel (juicy)/Bulgogi Chicken/Soon Dubu/High fibre &amp; nutritious "Brown/Purple" Rice</TD><TD> Remark: Brown Rice runs out by lunchtime </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vegetarian "Zai" Beehoon</TD><TD> Telok Blangah Crescent Hawker Centre</TD><TD> Best Zai Beehoon around with yummy "luo han zai" on 1st &amp; 15th of lunar mth/not oily/lovely chili</TD><TD> Stall is in-between a lor mee and soy bean drink stall &amp; opens as early as 6:30am on 1st &amp; 15th lunar mth </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vegetarian Beehoon</TD><TD>AMK Ave 4 Blk 160</TD><TD> only $1.50!cheap n good</TD><TD> Avoid 1st &amp; 15th day </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBQ Seafood</TD><TD>Blk 450 Clementi Ave 3</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>11.30am-12.30am</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Soup Tulang</TD><TD>Beach Rd Golden Mile Food Ctr #B1-13 #B1-15</TD><TD>Soup Tulang/Mee goreng</TD><TD>Long waiting time/close alternate Wed </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mee Jiang Kueh</TD><TD>Bt Timah Hawker Centre</TD><TD>small/dry peanut filling/traditional version</TD><TD>cheap and good </TD></TR><TR><TD>Putu Piring</TD><TD>Haig Road S11 Food Court</TD><TD>recommended by Najip Ali</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Crab Beehoon Soup</TD><TD>Blk 232 Ang Mo Kio</TD><TD>Seafood</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hor Fun</TD><TD>Mei Ling St Hawker Centre/next to Multi-storey carparkk</TD><TD>chicken feet/braised duck/braised chicken hor fun</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ISTIMEWA NASI PADANG</TD><TD>Stall 3 Chong Wah Restaurant Block 28 Hoy Fatt Road</TD><TD>-</TD><TD> Opens: 6.30am to 3pm closed on Sundays </TD></TR><TR><TD>Golden Rooster</TD><TD> blk 284 bishan st 22</TD><TD> fried chicken</TD><TD> open 5pm to 1am close on alternate wed </TD></TR><TR><TD>hill st fried kway teow</TD><TD> Blk 16 bedok south #01-187</TD><TD> fried kway teow</TD><TD> open 1030am to 730pm </TD></TR><TR><TD>longhouse miow sin popiah n carrot cake</TD><TD> lavender food ctr 380 jln besar @01-04</TD><TD> nice popiah superb carrot cake</TD><TD> open 10am - 1230am (sun-thur) 10am - 1am (fri &amp; sat) </TD></TR><TR><TD>hill st tai wah pork noodles</TD><TD> blk 466 crawford lane #01-12</TD><TD> delicious pork noodles previously at marina sq</TD><TD> open 930am - 9pm </TD></TR><TR><TD>whitley rd soon li pork porridge</TD><TD> 39 macpherson rd jackson centre macpherson kopitiam stall 31</TD><TD> pork porridge &amp; macaroni</TD><TD> open 530pm - 2am (close on alt tuesday) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lao zhong zhong five spice stall</TD><TD> 39 macpherson rd jackson centre macpherson kopitiam #01-01</TD><TD> fried five spice stuffs</TD><TD> open 12pm to 11pm (close on alt mon) </TD></TR><TR><TD>tiong bahru lien fa shui jing pau</TD><TD> alexandra village food ctr blk 120 bt merah lane 1 #01-10</TD><TD> shui jing pau esp the yam one</TD><TD> open 9am - 7pm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zhen Zhen porridge</TD><TD>54 Maxwell Food Centre</TD><TD>Yu Sheng porridge</TD><TD>Long wait of 30min to 1hr/closed on TUES</td></tr></table>

Anyone knows if its ok to leave porridge to cook in slow cooker overnite so we can have porrige for breakfast the next morning?

Will the porridge turn out to be guley? I like those cantonese porridge.

I would love to have porridge for breakfast however its a bit rush to cook them in the monring as I try to catch as much sleep as I could (hee hee)

Pls share your recepie with me on porridge.

Thanks!

sophie, don't think my hb will notice it if theres no queue, my hb queue for an hour, nothing to do so peeped at the papers in front of a man and also see how they make the food.

My ds got a few big scars and is healing quite fast and now those small scars disappeared!! He's so young, so the recovery is fast. My younger boy nothing happen yet, gotta wait for another week to see whether he'll gets it or not.

Van,
Thanks for updating the food table
happy.gif

annlee,
Yeah, kids recovery is quicker cos their skin is still so young and good. Hope your younger ds won't get it, then can bing for vaccination!

I managed to get <font color="0000ff">Thermal Pot Dessert and Congee</font> cookbook from library.

Here's the POINTS TO NOTE WHEN USING THERMAL POT directly extracted from the book:

1) Cooker the inner pot over low or medium haeat to prevent the handle from being heated.

2) To cook congee, it is better to use round rice, like Australian rice and Japanese rice.

3) When cooking congee, only fill the pot with ingredients and water until 70% full or it may spill during cooking.

4) Cut meat into small pieces and scald in boiling water for a while before using it for cooking congee.

5) Marinate,scald or stiry fry seafood with ginger before using to cook congee.

6) Remember to place a towel onto the bottom of the inner pot when double boiling or steaming dishes or the pot will be scratched by the double boiling pot of wok rack.

7) Half of the double boiling pot must be immersed with water when double boiling desserts or soup in the thermal pot.
499949.gif

sophie, my sister saw my son chinese physician in the hospital and she mention to the doc that my son is having chicken pox and doc replied, good good..... good for them to have it when young and better for the younger one to have it now and will not suffer that much. I don't know why she encourage to have chicken pox maybe she against the vaccine and heard that is good to have chicken pox to boost their immune system.
If my ds get infected then no choice cos i don't see my elder son suffer and scars recovering so fast but not for me..... me sure go for vaccine, is a no no to scar on my face cos now so old how to recover hee..........

annlee,
Yeah, I think the traditional Chinese believe in letting it "come out" totally. For adults now, safer to go for vaccines... else if kenna bad case, how to look after kids too?

Me going to Raffles City Shopping Mall later to meet a friend for a short while
happy.gif
Very suaku and happy that I am starting to go out alone now! Just have to be careful of people bumping into me. Going to check out lavera too!

Van,
The carrot cake recipe looks good! I bought frozen/chilled chee cheong fun from NTUC last evening, and saw the pack of carrot cake in "sausage-like" form, was so tempted to buy and make, then hubby reminded me of my failed attempt last time, so I stopped myself. Maybe this recipe will make him change his mind about his wife being able to cook local delights
biggrin.gif

sophie, you going shopping huh..... happy huh..... lavera is at the basement.

van, I'm thinking of getting a XO sauce. Any brands to recommend? Never buy XO sauce before.

Chat later..... me going to fetch my son.

Gals,
I have aloe vera, but I dunno how to eat it... It taste a bit bitter and I dun like it.. any idea how to make fresh aloe vera more appetising? Or can I cook it to make some dessert?

Van,
Wah... Your cooking always look so appetising...
Hope your dd is feeling better today.
Does XO sauce really contain XO?

sophie,
Becareful of running school kids too... There's once when pregnant when at Orchard MRT, there's a boy who was running so fast and almost knock on me... hahaha... I think subconsciously I was so protective of myself from being knocked down and brought out my hand... I got stares from other people though... dunno is it they thought how come i so kancheong... lol...

lyn,
I don't think XO sauce has XO leh...the name was given probably becos it uses dried scallop, which is expensive...just like XO durian also no XO mah!
500087.gif

Recipes for desserts/oriental/western dishes/soups:

http://www.e-mart.com.sg/_/recipe.asp?action=submenu&amp;cat=eastern

<font color="119911">To Get Rid of Smells on Hands

A great tip for cleaning the fish smell off hands. Shampoo, especially Suave works well. Just wash your hands in the shampoo.
To get the onion or garlic smell off your hands just rub your hands on your stainless steel sink.
To get the smell of onion from your hands after cutting up an onion, simply rub a metal spoon all over your hands under water.
To get rid of the smell of garlic off of your hands, rub with lemon or tomatoes, and try coffee grounds after that if the smell is not gone.
Remove onion smells from your hands by rubbing with baking powder before washing them. </font>

hi all
so busy in the morning
sad.gif

van, hope your dd get well soon. btw what did she eat at dinner that cos that ?

wow like your yakitori! give us recepi leh..i tried b4 the meat not soft, give up...

annlee, glad to hear your elder boy is ok now..
heard b4 better let them have it at younger age. i heard a fren who brought kids to anotehr family just to let them 'get' the chicken pox...
But the new western way is the have the vaccine.

Starz, u take care. i find under a male boss, they are not so understanding. like my boss also he didn't treat me like a pg woman. then my the other female boss (btw i have 2 bosses
sad.gif
) is super 'too caring' till i scare!

amelia just the recepi and picture that's it? no other gossip u share with HB ? kekeke

About the difficult MIL thing, although i dun have one, but the auntie-in-law also not a easy person to get along with.
I heard my hb told me last time she look down on his ex-girl fren cos the gf not working.
i also worry if i turn sahm one day, she will behave that way.

sophie happy shopping and take care, dun 'chiong' too much
happy.gif

starz,
the brown rice water:
Fry the brown rice in a pan for about 5-10min. remember to stir make sure not 'chor-tar'.
Cool it and store in container. when u want to drink, scope a spoon in a cup, pour hot water, cover for 10min then u can drink.
u can make more and store in air tight container.
Other easy way :
- drink the brown rice cereal.
- drink red bean soup, this can help to get rid of water retention too.

LIttle cat,

Is this brown rice drink good to reduce water retention?

everytime u drink u got to take a new spoonful of fried brown rice? or we can make it in a flask and drink from there.. cos one day i can drink like 5 glass of water in office..

something i tried last saturday using thermal pot to cook porridge.
Put chicken stock and rice in inner pot, boil it. Put the minced meat in (for my son). Remove from stove put it back to outer pot.
I did tat around 4am, so in the morning the porridge is done. but abit thick. so i scope some out and put water to boil &amp; stir abit and it become like congee.
So i put some liver and century egg in as my breafast.
for my son he like thick porridge, so i just feed him minced meat with porridge.

Other suggestion:
- slice ginger
- fish slice
- fry beehoon (just fry the dry bee hoon with oil in a pan) nice to eat with the porridge.
- pepper &amp; sesame oil

Hi everyone! Just had some retail therapy this morning at Metro
happy.gif
Bought 2 Arthur Yen gowns at $39 each - which I thought were really good buys - need them for my bil's wedding end of this year. Wanted to buy more but didn't have my size
sad.gif
Now have to look for matching shoes! Have loads of ironing to do today - hoping to get all my chores and cooking done before 5.30 so that I can bring the girls for a dip in the pool.

Hi Van, oh your poor dd. Glad to hear she's much better. The 24 hour clinic at Mt Alvernia is quite good too - but maybe a bit far from your place. I ate loads of poh chai pills when I was a kid - it was my standard diarrhoea remedy - I didn't know it can be taken for vomiting too. Yeah, if she's not running a fever and there's no diarrhoea, then it's most likely to be food poisoning.

Hi annlee, yeah you should get the vaccine or at least take the antiviral meds if you do come down with it. I had it when I was in my 20s and boy did I suffer! The pox were everywhere - in my throat, on my scalp and I felt really dreadful with the fever and body ache...oooh! Luckily I didn't have any scars - was very careful about not scratching!

Hi Soph, yeah have to watch for the crowd - but weekday shopping shouldn't be too bad. I used to wear maternity clothes even when my tummy was still quite small, in the hope that people will be more careful around me!

Hi lyn, I dunno how to cook fresh aloe vera - but I noticed some packaged fruit juices come with aloe vera too - how about squeezing out the flesh and blending it with fruits? I believe in attachment parenting too - my girls are very close to me - so close that my hb feels a little jealous sometimes!

Hi LittleCat, the Nestle brown rice cereal for babies taste very good - will it work for reducing water retention too?

Hi Krisjoy, are you back at work already? Remember to keep your feet up when you can and don't stand for too long, ya?

Hi Sunsweet, I think leaving the porridge to cook for about 5 hours on "auto" setting should be quite ok - but you need to put sufficient water to make sure that the edge doesn't burn. My slow cooker is the 2nd smallest one in the Toyomi range and I find that putting about slightly more than half a cup of rice and filling the pot up to 80% with water yields a nice texture. More than 6 hours and the porridge may become too goopey.

Gotta go - loads of housework to catch up with after 2 days of idling
happy.gif

annelise,

my mum was suggesting me to get those rice cooker that have porridge mode so i can leave it to cook overnite and kept warm.

Anyone tried this?

LittleCat,
I used the off-the-shelf yaki tori sauce to make... easier that having to stock up sake,mirin and jap soya sauce...1 bottle vs 3 bottles mah!
500223.gif

What meat did you use for your yaki tori? I used Boneless Chicken leg,the one that is used for chicken chop.Leave the skin on, fats from the skin will make the chicken more tender,also don't need to add any oil to the meat,the meat will turn out tender and juicy.

Sometimes female may not be that caring towards pg employees also...if they themselves haven't got kids yet.But generally I find older male bosses don't care about the pg employee,like my 2 ex-bosses.
500224.gif

sunsweet, the brown rice water, i use the same spoon of rice and make few rounds
happy.gif

it is up to u really. i think take in moderation better.

another lazy dish i try on saturday.
cos saturday only me and my boy, hb not home yet, so run out of idea waht to cook.
i saw i have half a chicken, some potato, onion, &amp; carrot.
What i did was use the thermal pot, put some olive oil, fry some garlic, then put the onion in fry abit, then put in the potato, carrot and fry for awhile. then put the chicken in. i chop the chicken to half ( so it is quarter), then stir abit, put some dark soya sauce in, some italian mixed herb (I like the smell, like suddenly the dish "upgraded"). then some water, boil it. Then whole pot into the outer pot.
go for my nap. about 2 hours later, i eat the chicken, it taste just right, not over cook or under cook same for the potato and carrot too.
remember put some salt to taste.

annselis, not sure about the Nestle brown rice cereal for babies leh... the one i saw is for adult one lah, just like those 3-in-1 kind of cereal.
but i hate cereal during this period... so no choice lor...

sunsweet, not sure abt the slow cooker, i had bad experience with slow cooker, i find the smell/taste horrible after overnite... since now i have this thermal pot, my slow cooker in store room now :p

lyn, cooking aloe vera is new to me. I brought those green bottle aloe vera from NTUC and is very yummy.

annelise, my younger son takes Nestle brown rice for breakfast and he likes it too. Why you ask the cereal for water retention? you mean your bb water retention??? Don't think so lah.... maybe is the baby fat.

littlecat, I got one dish quite similar to your chicken one, using thermo pot. Instead of chicken i used pork and also carrot, onion, potatoes. I will marinate the meat with oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar and stir fry them. I add quite abit of water, when cooked i will transfer to thermopot for a fews hours so it will look like stew meat, all the stuff inside turns soft and the gravy is nice to go with rice too.

van, thanks for recommending the XO sauce! Will check it out at the supermarket.

the potato, carrot , onion and meat soup is called ABC soup in Taiwan.

my fav. esp with lots of pepper and go with rice hee hee..

Hi gals,
Back from my "shopping"
happy.gif
Didn't buy much - just a lipstick and loose powder from lavera cos silly me feel safer using organic cosmetic now
wink.gif
Really felt like a suaku, cos Raffles City changed so much!

Thanks all gals for advising to be careful of kids and people etc. Very good advice, cos it's quite crowded during lunch time!

Van,
I never tried XO carrot cake in HK before leh - actually I only eat their carrot cake in the dim sum place, so not sure if those were XO carrot cake. Heh, I was worried about XO sauce containing XO too, so now I know don't have, I'll prob go out and buy a bottle + carrot cake. So tired of eating pasta/porridge/beehoon for lunch, I think carrot cake will be a nice change!

Annelise,
Arthur Yen gowns at $39 is a very good deal! You looking for shoes now? Me also... trying to look for some nice non-slip flat pumps cos I find that people always step on my sandals... very dangerous!

lyn,
You very adventurous huh? Cook aloe vera?
happy.gif

I find raw aloe vera got a "fishy" smell, so never dared to buy it. Let me go dig out my "beautifying soup book" and see if there is any recipes for aloe soup... think I remember seeing one.

sunsweet, you from taiwan?

We also got ABC soup, but put more veg or bean stuff to make it healthier. As for the carrot, potato,onion and meat soup I always called that carrot soup.

sophie, yeah.....Raffles city changed a lot. Did you see a soup shop selling only soup? Not those kind of herbal chinese soup, is ang mo one. My hb says the soup is quite nice and actually I wanted to try that day for dinner but I look at it like no satisfaction only drinking soup so didn't go for it.

annlee,
I ate that that place... Soup Spoon - http://www.thesoupspoon.com/
Food is not bad, but a bit too "jed lat" cos maybe too creamy. Think if share, then not so bad.

The Jasons Marketplace is very nice too... got organic stuff, and I saw quite a good range of "Natural" sea salts on the salt shelf too.

van, thanks for infor on the ginseng. I remember my ex boss told me she's almost die eating the ginseng. When my boss is a child, she's very skinny so her mum put ginseng inside the rice and cook together. After eaten the rice, she's so sick and says almost die and bedridden for 6 months, so terrible.

annlee,
Ya...Chinese Sinseh said that's Xu2 Bu4 Shou4 Bu3...my cousin's chinese sinseh also told her not to give ginseng to her kids. BTW, do u know that eczema and asthma can't take birds nest? Both western and Chinese sinseh said so,my cousin's dd had a bad experience after taking birds nest regularly.

yes van, i knew that asthma can't take bird nest. Some says should take crocodile meat, but dunno how true and sg didn't sell that rite?

oh yes, how's GAIA products on your dd? My son having some rashes after using it, not sure is from GAIA or not. I'm going to order shampoo and body cleanser from Calfornia baby, is for eczema too. Will let you know about the products again.

annlee,
Not sure if it's due to the GAIA products, I find that my dd's skin became drier, especially her hands and neck,even though I applied GAIA body moisturiser on her, not just the soothing lotion.I stop using it for these few days, go back to Cetaphill to see whether it improves or not.

My dd vomited again,not sure if it's because she took a nap immediately after taking Pediasure?! Doct said it's ok to drink her normal milk but dilute it. Dare not let her eat other things, only cook plain porridge with dried scallop.

oh no... your dd vomits again. Did she have any phlghm, my son taking pediasure ard 1 yrs old and vomited a few times, doc says pediasure is very thick and produce alot of phlghm and makes him vomit. Or you wanna try giving her porriage but not the milk. See doc if get worst.

van, I suppose they're for dry eczema skin, how come gets drier?? That's bad then.I didn't use the soothing lotion cos my son having chicken pox and just recovered.

oh yes van, I remember doc says when having diahorrea or vomits, don't take milk or dairy products.

annlee,
no, she doesn't have any phlegm.I remembered when I had food poisoning, doctor advised me not to take any milk, honey, not even MILO and certain bread which has milk powder in it. But the doctor at the 24hr clinic said it's ok.

Hope she will be alright and won't vomit again,cos hb fly Taipei today, can't imagine handling last night's experience again ,got to clean her up and clean and change the beddings.

Actually my dd doesn't have problem taking Pediasure,she has been taking it since around 2yr+.

Van,
I thought if got stomach upset, cannot drink milk? That was what doctors always tell me, cos I always get stomach problems. But I guess if your doc says ok to drink diluted, should be safe. I think porridge is the best - good for hydration too, cos vomitting can be dehydrating for the body.

annlee,
I saw croc meat at Carrefour Plaza Sing frozen section opposite beef counter. My mum made a croc meat soup once, taste just like chicken.

Back