Cooking Tips & Recipe

tks Van, i will try tis method. u ladies seem so good in cooking
happy.gif

Beside samy curry, there's one similar to them next to tekka market, at Blk 661 or 663 buffolo road and also consider at little india.
I liked the food very much and is similar to samy curry using banana leaf with some side dishes with it, masala chicken, tandoori chicken, fried fish,chicken briyani etc.... saw some ppl eating those big round flat thing that goes with the curry, is not naan dunno what's that call.
They also have alot of different types of colorful india sweet stuff,like kway, place near the take away counter.

Their food is cheap compare to samy curry.

<table border=1><tr><td>YahooID in SPMCTR</TD><TD>SPMnick </TD></TR><TR><TD>angelbell00</TD><TD>annlee </TD></TR><TR><TD>annelise1021</TD><TD>annelise </TD></TR><TR><TD>celwong_sg </TD></TR><TR><TD>cheobu_007 </TD></TR><TR><TD>chua_family2003</TD><TD>chuafamily </TD></TR><TR><TD>cockle06 </TD><TD>choc06 </TD></TR><TR><TD>der_berg </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>eve_w </TD><TD>little cat </TD></TR><TR><TD>hazelle_yeo</TD><TD>starz </TD></TR><TR><TD>hunnyhunny10</TD><TD>paranoidmummy </TD></TR><TR><TD>jackielpp </TD></TR><TR><TD>janfyp11 </TD></TR><TR><TD>katherine_ly </TD></TR><TR><TD>lilipit_blossom </TD></TR><TR><TD>marinehouse </TD></TR><TR><TD>meijia38 </TD></TR><TR><TD>minminrog </TD><TD>Amelia </TD></TR><TR><TD>ngkimling </TD></TR><TR><TD>phantomcatz </TD></TR><TR><TD>priscilla_neo</TD><TD>priscilla </TD></TR><TR><TD>qi_09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>red_ridden </TD></TR><TR><TD>rena076</TD><TD>rena </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley_chan78 </TD></TR><TR><TD>shuenpping</TD><TD>sp </TD></TR><TR><TD>sunflower_sg</TD><TD>lyn </TD></TR><TR><TD>twendy </TD></TR><TR><TD>vangohsk </TD><TD>van </TD></TR><TR><TD>ymlsophie</TD><TD>sophie</td></tr></table>

I am trying to match the member list in our SPMCTR Yahoo Group with the "Regulars" in this thread.

Krisjoy,cat_tail, which one is your SPMCTR ID?

annlee,
Is the big round thing a flat brownish colored one? If it looks like that, issit chapatti?
If it's got air inside i.e. it looks like an oval balloon, it'll be either bathura or poori.

Choc should have given birth by now?

hi, ladies,
internet connection very poor today, will be so hard for me to eat snake here!

thanks for sharing the pics, ladies! sorry ah, I can't find any pic of myself in office pc, give me time k...

sophie,
hehe, that's my hand lor, only my hand is "thin" while the rest of me is fat and flabby, so cannot show in pic, hahaha...

starz,
I also thought that one yr dd leh, then remember u now preggie with yr no. 1! the little girl look very much like u lah, hehe.

meow, u look nice lah, very oriental keke...

ann,
yr sons very charming lah, their eyes so "mi ren" hehe...

van,
I saw yr album but b4 I can go in to see the connection gone, aiya, must try again later.

Q for mummies:
How to remove garlic smell from plastic food processor container? Pls help, thanks thanks...

van, your dd must be very happy going to disney. Will bring my boys to disney in HK when my younger one is older, now so young bring him there only waste my $.

starz, I thought the little girl is your daughter. You're a pretty young mummy.

littlecat, you got zi xiang mama look, your boy looks shy shy gentleboy to me.

sp, you're from malacca?

sophie, I think my son inherited their eyes from me, my relatives, friends, stranger aunti and uncle say so.

sophie,I've seen My lovely samsoon on SCV before but I skipped this show, don;t know why I just don't like the show. In korea, they say is more popular than Jewel in palace. Yah, don't let your hb read the subtitle and speak to him in mandarin.

van, same here.... I learned to sing canton and jap songs when i was a kid but still cannot speak cantonese.

annlee,
Your sons have beautiful and big eyes.My dd saw your sons'photos and insisted that your younger one is a girl.When I told her that's a boy, she said "but he looks like a girl!".That shows how "pretty" your son is!

ya, wait till your younger one is at least 2+ then bring him to HK Disney. I brought my dd to Bangkok's Dreamworld when she's 2+,she could take some rides and she enjoyed it.

I watched some episodes of My Lovely Samsoon on SCV, I don't really like this show.I love the show My Stories in Bali, but missed the first few episodes.One of the actors also appear in Glass Shoes,his name is Su something,looks like Jin Chen Wu,you know which one I am talking about?
494475.gif

Van,
Pic No. 9 is the one I like best - your dd smiling so happily and her cheeks so chubby... did I spot dimples on her cheeks?
happy.gif

annlee,
Woah, you got such dark and mesmerizing eyes? hehe... jialat, next time you ds grow up, sure a lot of girls go after them! I remember I used to like dark-eyed guys when in school
happy.gif

DH likes My Lovely Samsoon cos it's not a typical Korean show i.e. the girl is plump, not pretty and old
happy.gif
And she really looks like a bear at certain angles. But the guys in the show are very cute!

sp,
For getting rid of smells, I use a slice of lemon and rub it onto the tub itself, then if the smell is really strong, I leave the slice of lemon and close the tub for a few mins, then rinse off everything. Not sure if this will work for your strong garlic smell... any other tips from the gurus here?
happy.gif

Sophie,
I didn't know which disney picture you are referring to, so I put up the 3s that I thought she looked happy...so you are referring to the one with Minnie's big hands? Thanks for telling me...she doesn't really have dimples leh...or may be just a little..hmm.. I hope she has....
494492.gif

sp,
Usually I will rub the blades and container with lemon slice or lime immediately after using the blender.If the smell still there, I use warm water with lemon slice or half-lime and let it "stand" for a while.

sp, I used those plastic container from the dessert that i bought,i used them for garlic for few times then throw it away.

van, your dd is so sharp and smart. Not only your dd says about my younger son look like a girl, quite a few ppl say that too. Even the doctor ask my elder son, did you take care of your mei mei.... i told the doctor is di di not mei mei, kekeke. When on my 2nd preggies, I always thought and feel that is a girl and i wish to have a girl so i can close shop. Maybe because of the thought,feel and wish that made my son look like a girl. But now he don't look that girly anymore.

I know the Bali show. I know the actor you're talking about, is the gangster from Glass shoe. Don't look like Jin chen wu leh..... Jin chen wu or Takeshi kaneshiro is my idol you know, so charming and handsome.

van, one of your dd picture lying on the bed, is the bed or mattress bed from kidz mall?
I'm looking for a bed for my son like yours but must be foldable. My sons are sleeping with me and can't put in 2 beds for them in the room as theres limited space in the room. So im looking for foldable one

Any mummies can help??

annlee,
The Glass Shoe gangster, as in, Zhexiong?

I saw the Bali show reviews on those Korean drama reviews/forums. Look quite good... hope they'll show on Channel U soon.

sophie, yes is zhexiong.

Remember I told you the korea drama 'Goong' they're giving away the DVD when watching Glass shoe during the commericial. 'Goong' means palace in mandarin. They got a few name for the show goong, is princess hour or wa de ye man huang fei. Think they're showing on channel U.

So far, I find korea drama abit draggy.... interesting one i like is only Jewel in palace, Glass shoe and Eighteen years old bride.
Now waiting for korea drama 'My Girl' from my sister

Eh, Zhexiong don't look so much like Jin Chen Wu, but a bit more like Bruce Lee. Then again, makeup and styling can do wonders, esp. for these Korean actors.
The Yingxiu in Save the Last Dance does not look like some of her pic here at http://www.hancinema.net/korean_Yoo_Jin.php
Esp. the first row, 3rd pic from left... the closeup face, does not look like her in the show at all.

So maybe they makeup/style Zhexiong until he looked like Jin Chen Wu in the Bali show!

I catch every episode of Glass Shoe, how come didn't see the Goong commercial? Maybe cos I am always running into the kitchen to cook my dinner
happy.gif

I also like 18-yr-old bride, but missed the ending cos was in bed most of the time during that period.

Van_G,
U mean yahoo email a/c?
Mine is [email protected]

annlee,
I had finished "My Girl" &amp; it's very, very nice &amp; funny! As for "Goong", I just find it too draggy...I do a lot of fast forward..haha..

wah... u all "timing" very good leh..
when i "eng eng" waiting for photos to see, nothing.. this morning suddenly busy rushing report.. so many photos uploaded...
kao_sticktongue.gif

hehehehe.. thanks for e "compliments".. pre-pregnant i've been told i dont look my age cos of dressing also lah... but now preggers liaoz, look exactly like my age.. sometimes even "older" than actual age leh...
kao_sad.gif

No, my god-daughter no "blood relation" to me..
she is my hubby's niece's daughter, i.e. hubby's grand-niece... but she's very close to me,closer to me than her own mum.. she calls me "mummy" since young liaoz too... maybe tats y resemble me lor... nowadays also, she's jealous of the one inside my tummy.. she's almost my real dd liaoz...
kao_smile.gif

Van,
ur girl does hv dimple mah... i see e one she sitting on trolley smile until so sweet.. see dimples leh... does she look more like u or ur hubby??? time for 2nd one....??? hehehehe..
kao_sticktongue.gif

annlee,
ya ya i agree, ur boys look so handsome.. especially love their eyes.. so big n round leh.. next time u sure hv lots of girls calling ur house liaoz... hehehe...
same qn: do they look more like u or hubby leh??
hehehe, i also felt tat cantonese sounds more "decent" than hokkien lor.. but every language e same lah, depends on how u speak n e contents.. if u go HK, n u happen to hear them scolding ar, even worse ar.. at least most canto speakers here more "si wen" lor...

time to go for lunchie... continue when back...

annlee,
The toddler bed was bought from the shop at Beauty World, can bargain
494583.gif
and can order extra set of cover.Kiz Mall should have that too.But kids outgrow that very fast, and it's not foldable. Kids can sit on it during the day to read books....

If you want foldable, can get those three-fold mattress.I have one from Sea-Horse. You can fold it up for storage, or fold it up to make it look like a sofa without arms.

Starz,
Since baby, everyone said my dd looks like her dad,but recent years more people said she looks like me. Actually she has her dad's eyes and brows and my nose (Flat!).Her mouth is a combination of my and hb's.

Sophie,
You think that actor looks like Bruce Lee huh?He's quite cool in the show My stories in Bali...but the other actor also quite cute.Read that the actress shot to fame after this show.The ending is very unpredictable...very unusual...

I would like to watch the Glass Shoes,may be get 2nd hand ones from yahoo auction.

sophie, recently then they put goong on the commericial, they're giving away goong DVD. In commericial they mentioned the show 'wa de ye man huang fei' not goong but is the same show.

cat_tail, 'My girl' is nice and funny then i will chase the show from my sister. You're right, goong too draggy, I also do alot of forward.

sophie, van,
thanks for the tip to use lemon, I'll try and hope it works!

annlee,
I'm trying to remove smell from the food processor. My MIL/ SIL uses it to grind garlic, chili etc and sometimes they will leave the leftover garlic etc inside the container overnite (in fridge).

re: Korean drama
I've only watched several mins of the one abt the medicine girl trying to cure the emperor. How I wish I got the time to slowly "devour" dramas like watch from chapter 1 and never have to miss anything. Since married no time to watch tv. I think I sleep too much lah, always go to sleep early. Weekends always wanna go out, where got time to watch, hahaha.

cat_tail,
I PM you the link to join our Yahoo Group SPMCTR liaoz... you will need annelise to "approve" your membership before you could sign in.

Van,
I just tried to add the records in the DVD/VCD library - works well, but would it show who the owner of the DVD is? Not sure if someone else logs in and can see that the DVD belongs to me?
Do we need another field for Owner?

Van,
No prob... but paiseh, I messed up some records cos I didn't notice it asked for "Language of Subtitle", then I just put "Yes" meaning there are subtitle
embarrassed.gif

Now cannot find a way to edit too
proud.gif

Sophie,
I have changed the setting so that members can edit the record,hehe, my fault lah!

Thanks for uploading your DVDs titles! Very paiseh, I will find time to sort out mine.

Still very few members,think I need to promote it more actively

Heh, thanks!
Now tidying up my records... guess our "testing" all done! The fields in this DB should be very adequate!
happy.gif

I am also not updating all my titles yet... just a select few which is more mainstream
happy.gif

sophie and van, where to find dvd library?

sophie, goong is having the show preview on channel U now.

starz
Grand-niece, so u r the po-po status liao.. haha!
i also being promoted to 'yi-po' last year when my grand nephew was born. And the funny thing is he got to call my 4 years old son, uncle! then he is going to have one uncle who is younger than him in Nov, haha!

agreed, annlee you boys looks so adorable! eyes so big and round and charming!!

van, ur dd looks like u definately ! i think their looks just change and change...

annlee, i just posted 2 more his photos, after this u wont say he gentle gentle liao :D
he is the most cheeky one!

sp/annlee, must show us your photo, ok ?
happy.gif

good complexion? aiyoh so far of cos looks good, when come closer everyone faint!
i didn't really take care of it, so lots of black spot and big pores too.. but lucky i am more towards fair complexion type, so can still cover up, but look from far is ok, not too close.

sorry didn't watch any korean show, so no comments ;p

Hey I am also promoted to Jiu Po when my hb's niece gave birth. The grand nephew and grand niece, younger that my dd, but have to call my dd Aunty Berenice.haha!
494771.gif

Starz,
I sent a msg to you through Yahoo SPMCTR Group this morning, but it didn't appear in my "SENT" folder,did you receive any email from me?

Thanks sophie! I've just joined the group, you have alot of DVD to loan lor...

About the goong preview, they will repeat again and agin. Never mind, just wait for them to show on Channel U, maybe after Glass shoe.

littlecat, the last picture looks abit different, very cute, still gentleboy lah...

hi hi, back from curry chicken rice lunchie at forum...... hehehe..
kao_sticktongue.gif

Van,
yupz, received ur email liaoz....
hehehe... now i see, i think ur dd "generally" look like u leh... the only feature i think from her dad shd be her eyes lah... how u pronounce ur dd's name ar??? very unique leh.. if i teacher sure jia lat, donno how to pronounce leh...
kao_sticktongue.gif

littlecat,
hahaha... that's why i'm so smart.. immediately take her as god-daughter, so she will call me "mummy" instead of "yi-po" also mah...
kao_sticktongue.gif

no lah kidding only lah.. the thing is her mum is a teenage single mum, only mid-teens.. so me n hubby (last time still not married yet) thot we "adopt" her, can give her some properly "family" love once in awhile mah... furthermore, she was UNBELIEVABLY guai as a baby n toddler... so we love her even more lor..

i also have "niece n nephews" from my dad's side who are older than me.. in terms of "ranking", they have to call me auntie also... cos my cousins are my parents' age...
weird hor... hehehehe....

cheeky n lively then good ma.. as long as he's obedient MOST of the time can liaoz... cannot expect too much from kids nowadays...
kao_smile.gif

hehehe.. i also dont watch korean shows one...
i'm solely n exclusively a hongkong drama serials fan.. i dont even watch SG's dramas...

hey...
all the rest share share photos leh.... sophie, amelia, krisjoy, lyn... no kids one also never mind.. just urself and whoever's (pets, friends, etc etc) photos u want to share also can.....
kao_smile.gif

Littlecat, starz,
I realise eating oatmeal can help increase milk supply... I did supplement with formula for the first two weeks to slowly adapt to breast feeding.. I eat Hunza organic supplements which is safe for preggie and babies... and I also feed my baby with the supplements
happy.gif
My friends' babies who are fed with these supplements also very strong and healthy. "bak bak" kind... but not the fats...

annlee,
Initially, I was worried cos he's only 2.9kg at birth... Now, he seems to be growing very fast. Catching up with my friend's baby who was born at 4.1kg!
Yalor.. must also take care of myself... cos all the nutrients come from my body store!

twinkle starry,
Van's tips is very good... That's what I realised too
happy.gif

haha.. practice make perfect
happy.gif

Van,
sunflower_sg is not me... :p

Starz,
I look auntie now wor... paiseh... :p

wah.. so many photos to see... kekeke... I added an album... So you all will know my nickname in yahoo.. kekeke... dun laugh at me hor... :p

Annlee,
Your boy got big, mesmerising eyes... handsome boy...

sp,
Your boy is very cute...

Littlecat,
You pretty mommy...

starz,
Wah... "mei nu"... you can afford to eat more and enjoy the food...

Van,
HK disneyland looks very nice... I love that micky mouse umbrella... so cute...

lyn, saw your photo liao, eh u looks slim, u didn't put on much or becos of BF slim down fast?

eat too much heaty food, now got phelgm.. jialat liao.. any adv what to eat for pg ?

Hi Mummies,
All your kids look so great! I just posted my notti gal's pic to join in the fun
happy.gif

starz,
U very chio leh!!

Littlecat,
U looks so motherly.. heehee..doesn't match your nick.

Hello all,

My apologies...I've been rather busy.

I have lots of pics...but I will upload 2 pics with myself and Sally today...go look!!
happy.gif

Starz and LittleCat,

You are both fair beauties!Very pretty mommies!

Lyn,

You're so slim...can't tell that you just gave birth.
happy.gif
Aloysius is SUPER cute!

Annlee,

Your sons very handsome leh...next time I have a daughter, can intro each other or anot?:p

Cat_tail,

Edna so sweet and pretty.
happy.gif

Van,

Your daughter so lucky leh...you arranged so many interesting activities for her.
happy.gif

LittleCat,
I found the thermal pot cookbook at NLB's catalogue liao, there are three of them,one for soup, one for dessert and one for porridge. I reserved two of them liaoz!
495080.gif

cat_tail
Saw your Edna's photo.So sweet and pretty. She has got round eyes and chubby face, feel like pinching her cheek leh!

Amelia,
You "diam diam" never see your postings today, then all of sudden your photo is up liaoz! You are VERY slim hor!
495081.gif
Hope I can recognise you when I see you in Lot 1.

lyn,
Heard that breastfeeding can help losing weight.You and Violet from SAHM thread are two good examples!

Starz,
My daughter's name is pronounced the same as Bernice,but her Australian teacher always call her Be re nice ,as in <u>B air</u> re nice.

Van,

Yes I'm very unpredictable...my husband heart-attack since we got married till his hair all white liao!
I've problems putting on weight unfortunately..

lyn, you look tired. Must be feeding bb in the middle of the night. Take care!

cat_tail, your girl so sweet so cute.... i feel like pinching her little cheek.

amelia, another pretty mummy..... heh, sally look abit like you.

Littlecat, about the phelgm, spilt it out lah....

Annlee,

Yah Sally looks quite like me.
happy.gif
Alamak I look like a cat!
uhoh.gif

Little Cat,

Your son very cheeky!Even posing for pics.

sp,

got more pics?I love to see more of your son.

hi hi....
wah... now so many photos to see ya... hehehehe... at least now we "know" how each other look like mah...

lyn,
if u like tat is "auntie", then i dont mind being auntie after i give birth wor.... seriously, u dont even look like u got baby.. so slim...
wat kind of oatmeal u took? those "instant" type, tin can one, can??? wat other "tonic" u take to look "auntie" ar... hehehehe...
kao_sticktongue.gif

cat_tail,
ur daughter's cheeks very very chubby leh!!! so cute... irresistable to pinch leh...
kao_sticktongue.gif

post ur pictures in too leh...

Amelia,
tats good fortune to have problems putting on weight leh..... i wish i got tat problem..
kao_sticktongue.gif

huh??? wat u mean abt ur hubby heart-attack till his hair all white..??? abt ur "unpredictability"???

hehe.. thank u thank u.... tats my bridal photo, dats y esp pretty mah.. but "mei nu" now become "fei nu" liaoz....
kao_sad.gif

amelia, problems putting on weight is "fortunate" not "unfortunately" :p

eh u gals heard of WYSIWYG &amp; WYSINWYG ?
I am the latter, [What You See Is not What Get], when u gals see me in person will get a shock :p

Van, dun think i dare to join the hi-tea liao...wait u gals thot a wrong person joining when i say i am the little cat! ha!

annlee, eh whatever phelgm i have already spit out lah.. but it keep producing leh...

wonder how is Choc now? should given birth liao?

Annelise, how r u ? didn't hear from u for so long also...

cat_tail, saw your dd photo so cute!
hehe u know me and my son the same, when sitting there quietly people thot we so guai,but hor haha really the reverse!

Van, the very nice lor mee at Mei Ling street hawker center, the shop name is "Hai-tang" C.

Van,
ur dd name very good mah... can indirectly "praise" her if "mis-pronounce" like her australian teacher.... "very nice"...

littlecat,
wat u took too heaty..???
take some home boiled (reduced or no sugar)chrysanthemum (??) or if reli jia lat case see a doc lor.... better take care ya.. we r in the "final stretch" liaoz.....
me recently very worried tat i over-stress leh... today another stressful day... then tummy feels so tight sometimes... *touch wood*.. i very very scare stress till i premature leh........
kao_sad.gif

Starz,

It's meant as a joke lah..
But I made him join ghost tours and watch the most grossly murder movies with me late at night(just b4 bedtime) haha!

starzs,
yeah good idea, should go make some chrysanthemum.. i greedy lor, recently feel like eating sweet thing so cookies, chocolate lah.. aiyoh no good!

Yeah must jia you jia you!
found this from the http://www.youngnutrition.net/
at our stage we should take more :
* Omega 3 fatty acids /DHA [Salmon, Spanish Mackerel (Tenggiri), sardines, tuna, cod, beef liver, chicken breast &amp; egg]

*Omega 6 fatty acids/ARA/AA [Green leafy vegetables like spinach &amp; Kai Lan, legumes, milk, canola oil, corn oil, olive oil, peanuts, soybeans, sunflower seeds &amp; meats.

*Vitamin E [Wheatgerm, egg yolk, seeds like sunflower seeds, seed oils, margarines, nuts, almonds, avocado &amp; green leafy vegetables.]

U must take care, take it easy!
i know how it feel, the other day i was so kan cheong preparing the report i feel that too. These few days work from home, can't see them, so feel better
happy.gif

Hello ladies, howdy ? Miss yakking with you all !

Finally, got chance to log on.. What have you all been cooking in this hot weather?
My bb still not out yet ! Surprisingly, this little one is about 39 weeks and 5 days already and still doesn't want to come out ! My previous two were 38 weeks..

We have finally shifted and settling in this eastern part of s'pore !

Hey ladies, any makan to trigger off labour ? Can't wait for bb to come out now..hehe

amelia, you look like your cat, is a compliment, cats are beautiful you know....
I will tell my son to introduce himself to your dd if you got a dd ok.

lttlecat, now you can eat 'liang' stuff right? Drink fresh coconut juice. Chysanthemum is good too but don't add rock sugar, it produces more phlegm.

starz, cannot boil chrysanthemum. Pour hot boiled water into chrysanthemum and leave it, like making tea. If boiled the chrysanthemum, will get 'neng ar'

Back