Cooking Tips & Recipe

Choc
Missed out this part.What is the model of your Kenwood mixer? Did you look up your warranty card,instruction booklet for the agent's number? Can call them to ask where to buy or order.

I can also ask the shop that I bought my Kenwood mixer to order, but it's in Bukit Batok, may be too far for you?

LittleCat,
Some of my items also cheap cheap, $3,$5,$8 only.Karung Guni don't want, but it's wasteful to throw away as it's brand new items.

But Singaporean bidders always like to bargain, $20 item also must bargain to $18,$60 item want to bargain to $45....

It's really not easy.If you can tell me what are the items you have, more or less I can tell you whether they can "move" or not,beter still if you have taken pictures of them.If it's worn clothes, have to sell really cheap,below $10,unless it's branded.

haha.. cat.. thank you for the hantu info..
kao_scared.gif
So, must cut the bottle gourd into strips is it ?

no prob, soph, what kinda brown rice do you use ? I usually use the Songhe unpolished brown rice.. think you might like it in porridge cooked with peanuts,soy beans, chicken feet or pork ribs and carrots.. really nutritious !

Snake gourd is thin,light green and long with dark green lines.

Van, my kenwood is the most basic one, sorry, I got a problem squatting to take the mixer out, the whisk has a plastic top.. heehee.. if not troublesome for you, can I have the number ? My instruction booklet , warranty card all disappeared aft I shifted.. And this model is about 8 yrs ago..
TIA !! Btw, I very suakoo , where is Plaza by the park ? My ang also doesn't know, but it sounds familiar..
Hope your flu has flown away ..

thanks van for the tips
happy.gif
will try to take some photo this weekend..
currently i can take of 2 items, one is the elctric Can opener, only use twice.
another one is the juicer - for orange and lemon type, never use b4.
u thin got people want?

choc, u can cut into strips like the hairy gourd and fried with tong hoon, or juse cut into thin slice and with dried shrimp also taste good.
For us the hairy gourd with tong hoon, didn't put egg leh.. yours is 'luxurios' version lor
happy.gif

The hairy gourd fried with egg is a separate dish from tung hoon lah..

Hee hee.. yah.. hum fried with hairy gourd also nice hor..

Choc,
I'm currently using the Sunbrown Brown Rice, but after eating a very yummy lei(2) cha(2) fan(4), I think I like those with a bit of unpolished rice mixed in it, so have recently bought a pack from NTUC under The Pasar brand to try out. I don't remember seeing Songhe brand - is it normally stocked with the dried goods section or rice section?

Choc
The electrical shop at Blk 278 Bt Batok East Ave 3 is Sweetson,Tel: 65632308.I introduced a lot of friends,colleagues and relatives to buy from them when they got their new flat.The Lao Bang Niang always give them the best price.

I have Kenwood's ontact but not sure if they are still there. Kenwood Service Centre:
61 Lorong 17 Geylang #05-02 Lam Leong Building
Tel: 67490989

Plaza by the park is opposite SMU Bras Basah Road.Address is 51 Bras Basah Road Tel :68849929.

The buidling has a foodcourt and 7-eleven store on the ground floor.Baccarat is also on the ground floor. The owner of this restaurant used to be a hotel chef,so you can see some of the desserts presented in hotel-styles.They also have Chocolate Fondue,kids love that.

LittleCat
You can try selling both items,but will have to arrange for self-collection or meet-up.Take note of any defects/rust/peeling/scratches.etc. and put in the auction description if there is any.

Thanks alot van ! My ang wants to eat the oysters from plaza by the park..Ok,will call kenwood .. terima kasih !
Can I order the spare parts from the electrical shop and collect myself?

Soph, the Songhe brand is with the rice section. Saw in Shop and save and shengshiong.. Have you tried making pilaff rice ?

Eh cat, haven't tried hum with dao gei and ku chye yet.. cos every time I scald and shell the hum, it goes right to my mouth, so I think will end up have to fry dao gei and ku chye by itself.. it takes a lot of self-discipline not to eat the hum on its own one leh !!
what seasoning should I put if I want to fry ?

Morning, ladies!
happy.gif

Had a very happy nite last nite shopping for groceries and then baking the fail-proof banana walnut muffins.

Van, I so blur, I covered the muffins with aluminium foil loosely from the beginning, after it rose I took the foil away... end up hv to stop baking after 3 mins becoz start to burn.

Just now went to archives then saw that u advised to put the foil AFTER it has risen... *kok my own head*.

Anyway, the first batch of 4 muffins I didn't use the foil and the top was a bit burnt while insides a bit raw.

The 2nd batch of 4 muffins I used the foil wrongly, not sure what's the result becoz didn't eat any. Left all 4 at home. At 9+am when my hb called home to ask his family to eat the muffins, they told him all the muffins had already been eaten. They thought it was bought from outside. Guess it can't be too bad or no one would eat them hor...
wink.gif

sp,
Wow, your family thought you bought the muffins? Not bad for a start! You baked the muffins in an oven toaster? It's probably too small and heat too high that's why the outside burn faster. Will you be getting a tabletop oven soon now that your muffin is successful?
wink.gif

sp,
Not bad leh! Your second try of baking muffins with toaster oven seemed to be quite well done huh! Next time,try covering AFTER it has risen, and share with us the results. Cheers!

Choc,
No harm trying.You can call to ask,but you need to know the model number.Alternatively, when you go to big stores like Tangs,Best Denki etc, can ask the promoter there whether you can order replacement parts and collect from them.

choc, i know exactly what u mean by 'discpline' when peeling the hum!!!
I had that dish long time ago, i remember just some soya sauce or may be u can forget about cos i find the hum already very 'kiam'. Just fry like that will do.

Are you gals referring to buying electrical appliances? u can try those shop at Alexandra Village few shops there. They always fight with each other,so when got price war best time to go get. we bought a fridge at $350 last time,2 doors, can't rem how many litre, but it is huge and one european brand. We try asking the other shop they said is $450. Later then we discover, cos this shop selling cheaper not happy the other guys always lower their price to get more customer. so they also want lower to 'steal' their cust. So at the end we 'untung' lah!

LittleCat,
I am using the thermal pot to boil soup now.You "Boil" the soup on stove for 45min for boil once and simmer for 45min before transferring to the thermal pot?

Choc,
Have u started using you La Gourmet?

About the electrical appliances,I asked friends and relatives to go to big stores to check out models and functions, get a quote from another HDB shop.With the list, then they went to Sweetson.The Lao Bang Niang will tell them: "Whatever price in your list, I can quote lower."

Read about a electrical shop at Alexandra giving very good service,really extended themselves.

Van, after u boil for 45 min straight away put into the thermal pot (outer). that is how it preserve the heat. When it is in the thermal pot, the heat is there so it will continue cooking.

gals, found this info, for those who luv potato, here's one great to help u peel the skin :

Before boiling the potato, score the skin around the width of the potato.

After boiling, plunge the potato into a basin of ice water for 10 seconds.

You can then squeeze the skin out by pinching on both ends of the potato.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37GVvxcyz6I&search=japan%20ito%20urawaza%20potato%20skin%20peel

little cat,
haha, so good hor the shops fight like that, benefit the customers!
lol.gif

eh, the method to remove potato skin sounds very easy, does it work with all types of potatoes?

sophie, van,
hehe, I'm still testing out the existing toaster oven, if can use for most things, then no need to buy another oven.

van,
ok, next time I try putting foil after it has risen, I believe results will be much better esp if can bake longer & the top won't crack & burn.
happy.gif

van, i put medium heat, just make sure it is boiling thru out. Not big big fire it might damage your pot's handle.

sp not sure leh... i hope it is not only for Japanese potato lor...
eh can try it out lah esp for those who like potato mash one, wow what a easy way hor?

Choc,
I have only tried pilaf rice with those instant packs such as Uncle Ben's. Have you tried it and do you have any good recipe?

sp,
Actually toaster oven is quite useful too. I always use it to bake my salmon or other kinds of fish, cos it's small and does not use much electricity, and the high heat makes the fish cook faster. Sometimes, if I am lucky, my salmon comes out nicely grilled on the outside and inside is still slightly soft and pink.

Van, Choc,
Let me know how the soup using thermal cooker taste like ok?

LittleCat,
I like those shops at Alexander Village too - got my fridge, TV, and washing machine there at good price
happy.gif
At the same time can go eat the yummy soon kueh at the flats behind.

Van,
What soup are you cooking today? *kaypoh*
happy.gif
I couldn't find my lotus root for the 4th day in a row... using this as an excuse to give up cooking for the rest of the week!

Hi gals

Thanks for the well-wishes
happy.gif
My gynae just called - my blood count super low - what is the fastest way to bu xue besides eating hum?!!!

Hi sp, well done on your muffins! Maybe next time you could buy smaller muffin cups so that they'll cook faster!

Hi choc, thanks for your reassurance! I'm feeling pretty nervous about it cos' I've never had GA before. So was it very crowded at the Barney show? Thinking of bringing my gals too but don't like big crowds.

Hi LittleCat, wah, sounds very covenient! If the method doesn't work, try this: Wash and scrub the potatoes, poke holes all over with a fork and wrap each one with a paper towel. Put on high for about 15 mins. Let it cool and the skin comes off very easily cos' the potato would have lost some moisture and is wrinkled and easy to peel.

Hi Soph, thanks for sharing
happy.gif
I'll prob get my fil's maid to stay over at my place during that weekend cos' my fil will be away on biz trip.

Hi Van, I have some stuff to sell too - when I've taken the pics, can you advice me on whether they are worth the hassle of auctioning?

Sophie,
I love the soon kueh at Alexander too! Which one do you prefer? The one in a coffee shop or the one which has it's own shop?

I am cooking Pork Ribs with potato,carrot and tomato today.

You can try Fen Ge with peanuts(or brow bean Mei Dou),pork ribs and red dates instead of Lotus Root.Saw a lot of Fen Ge in the market today.

When choosing Fen Ge,don't get those that show black color at the two ends,it's not good already. Red color means it's good, pink means it's young.

Will let you know how the soup taste like.

LittleCat,
Thanks.My soup is in the thermal pot for close to 2 hr liao.

Hi all,
I plan to bring my dd for Barney show at IMM tomorrow, will catch the 7pm show.It's the last show tomorrow,any one going ?

Annelise,
No problem.You can post the pictures to may be, Yahoo Album, I take a look.Try to use smallest resolution,those setting for sending photos thru email,web site uploading,if not the photo files will be too big to upload to auction sites.

LittleCat, take note of the picture resolution too!

My earlier posting regarding Shangri La's buffet.....buffet girl should read birthday girl.

sophie,
yr salmon sounds yummy... what marinate to use for salmon?

annelise,
oh, smaller will cook faster hor, the cooking cups I'm using is 4oz, is it smaller than the standard size? btw, what's the standard size?

hmm, my mum & MIL said "tong kwai" (in Cantonese) is for bu xue, today my lunch was chicken soup with "tong kwai".

van,
remember to tell us how u find the thermal pot soup.

anne, can doctor adv to take any suppliment pill?
chinese style (other than hum..) i think chicken soup with red dates ?

van, remember to boil for about 20min before serving.
Good luck hor! and tell us how it taste.

tomorro 7pm? aiyoh not yet home leh...

sophie, we like the bbq fish and some zer char store there.
the crystal pao (shui-jing pao) is there too.

yeah when we move house all electrical appliance are from there, can save quite abit though. Compare to best denki, harvey norman or courts, can be few hundred diff for exp item.

Thanks all.I will check out JL for Tanyu sales.

Annelise,

Dont eat hum lah..I agree with the others on Dangui Chicken Soup and loads of good fish.

Sophie,

I find viet food taste like a flavourful version of our local food.Maybe it's becos of their beef stock base?I had their curry chicken, pho, hot pot, dumpling noodles and pork rib noodles, wraps etc i am sure i've tried lots more..not sure of their viet name tho'

I got rather interested in picking up sewing after watching Project Runway haha!Even wanted to buy a sewing machine during GSS!Think I better not get one..else it becomes one expensive white elephant!

Van,
I always go for the soon kueh stall in the coffeeshop. It's the stall in the corner. I didn't know there's another one which has a shop of its own? Which one do you think is nicer?
Fen Ge sounds like a good soup. Will probably try that this Sunday. Thanks for the tip on choosing Fen Ge,

LittleCat,
There is a shui-jing pao at Alexander? Is it in the hawker centre or in the coffee shops? I always go for my shui-jing pao at Tiong Bahru market.

Annelise,
Danggui is good for "bu" blood, but remember not to take it if you are bleeding cos it'll cause more bleeding.

Amelia,
Yeah, I heard Project Runway is good, but I am always asleep by 10:30pm so I never caught any of it. Maybe you can try a sewing class to see if you really want to take it up seriously before buying a sewing machine? Some girls in my class do not have a sewing machine at home, so they do it during the class, and it's a cheaper this way in the beginning.

sp,
Sometimes if I am in the mood, I will make an orange sauce or lemon dill butter to grill the salmon. But one thing about cooking it in the small oven toaster is the high heat that may cause it to burn, so most of the times I will slice some oranges or garlic to cover the top to prevent it from burning so quickly. Then halfway thru', I'll push the oranges/garlic to the side if they're not burnt by then. Then grill the salmon without cover for the second half so that the skin will come out crispy.

For a quick fix, I like Kikkoman's Teriyaki Sauce with Roasted Garlic. Just pour over the salmon, rub it in and grill like what I mentioned above. My friend even used this sauce to make a stuffed chicken at my place last Xmas. Looks burnt and dark... but quite yummy
happy.gif

436362.jpg

sophie,
the stuffed chicken looks big and delicious, hehe. thanks for sharing the different marinates for salmon and the tips for using oven toaster to cook it. Roughly how long does it take to cook, 10-15 mins?

Hi all,
My soup is good! My ang couldn't tell that it's cooked differently, and finished a big soup bowl of it. Besides, it is very clear, not cloudy like those cooked in slow cooker. But I am very sotong, forgot to put onion, only remembered when I was about to scoop a bowl for my daughter.

Sophie,
I used to "da bao" soon kueh from the shop before I discovered that there is stall in the corner coffee shop. The stall has more varieties.If I go there with my counsins,nephews and nieces, we will always eat at the stall.Can order different types of kueh to go with kopi,whereas the shop is only for "da bao" only.

The shop is facing the main road.Opposite Queensway Shopping Centre.If you come down from Ikea, you can see it on the left side of the road.

The roast chicken looks plump and yummy,but your friend didn't wrap the "backside" with aluminium foil is it? ha ha ha!

Amelia,
I am also very tempted to get a sewing machine during GSS, but also worried that it turns into an expensive,bulky white elephant.I already have too many white elephants at home,even the Singapore Zoos can't accomodate them!

Annelise,
Did the doctor give you iron tablets? Better to take it regularly. Do you take pig's liver? Spinach? Beef? All high in iron. You take care.

van, glad to hear the soup is good! u will appreciate it more when u know it can save your stove gas
happy.gif

sophie, thanks for the tips! sometime i also lazy to use the big oven, also it consume more electricity
happy.gif

i like salmon, but dun like to fried it cos the oil will fly all over the place. If use baking method, sometime it doesn't got the burnt or crispy taste, so i find using overn toaster also a good choice, since it is close to the hot bar on top.

Anyone watch yesterday channel 16 show? i saw the chef cooking the pudding. He mixed the egg yolks with the 'cream', but the cream looks like milk leh.. what ist he diff between cream and normal milk?
The coffee pudding looks yummy and easy to do. The difficult part is how they burn the sugar on top. but he said can put the pudding very close to the top where the heat is there and can burn the sugar.

sp,
I normally put the salmon in for 10 mins only. This is assuming it's a standard size and not too thick, something like the tail fillet. If it's the centre part of the fish and is thicker, I normally leave it in for 15 mins. Remember to cover the top with garlic/orange/foil for the first part to prevent fish from getting burnt!

Van,
Soup is good? Heh, I may go to Taka to take a look later! Thanks for info on the soon kuey shop; will hunt for it next time!

Eh, actually my friend made the roast chicken at my place; I only roughly saw what she did, but most of the time was busy passing her the sauces and utensils cos she doesn't know where I keep my stuff, and of course cleaning up splatters
wink.gif
I only know she bought a larger chicken than what she normally bakes, and with my oven at 180 degrees C, it took her longer than her normal time to cook. She claims that with a smaller chicken, she takes only 1 hour, and with this one, she took 2 hours at my place. Then the sauce dried up completely and some parts started getting burnt that's why you see the black parts on my casserole dish. Then I heard (luckily never see that part!) that they poured one-third of my bottle of olive oil into the chicken to keep it moist and prevent it from getting burnt
uhoh.gif
I think I will faint if I see so much oil being poured in cos I'm quite a health-conscious freak
wink.gif
The final result was a yummy though a tad oily roast chicken! Any tips for me if I want to roast a chicken too?

sophie, haha that is fun! but i think olive oil should be ok lah healthy oil.

yes pls share the tips for roasting chicken. Sometime i run out of idea of what to cook think of baking it. but very scare the whole chicken half cook, cos the drumstick take longer time. But by the time the drumsbtick fully cooked, the rest could be chao-tar liao...

Sophie,
My good friend's father can roast very good turkey for Christmas,just like a pro.I saw him wrapping the whole bird with aluminium foil to roast,only remove the aluminium foil after some time to make it brown and crispy.Not sure how long he roasted before removing the foil and after removing the foil.And I can't check with him already, cos he has passed away due to liver failure.
kao_cry.gif

I'll probably ask my friend to see if her dad has passed down his secret recipe.

May be you should wait for Choc to test out her La Gourmet 1st,since hers is cheaper and can cook rice with it?

I am also keen to try out grill salmon in oven toaster.Thanks for the tips.

LittleCat,
It sure saved electricity(usually cook soup with slow cooker) and gas.It's still hot when my hb's back,don't need to reheat the soup.

Fat Content in Milk and Cream:

Whole milk (1 cup) 8g
2% milk (1 cup) 5g
1% milk (1 cup) 2.5g
Skim milk (1 cup) .5g
Condensed milk (1/3 cup) 9g
Half 'n half (1 tbs) 1.5g
Heavy cream (1 tbs) 3g
Light cream (1 tbs) 2.5g

LittleCat,
Cream is thicker in consistency than milk right? My hubby uses it to cook his signature dish - spaghetti with chicken in cream sauce
happy.gif

You like salmon? That's good... it's full of Omega-3 and good for baby!

sp,
If you like lemon type of fish, try this lemon-dill butter sauce:
- Squeeze some juice out of 1 lemon and put in a small pan over very low heat. You must keep stirring it to prevent it from getting burnt.
- This concentrated lemon juice will caramelize after some time i.e. it will become thicker and sticky and extrememly sour!
- Take it off the fire and scrap the sticky caramelised lemon off the pan into a bowl.
- When cooled, add in unsalted butter and a little dill and stir the whole thing till well-mixed.

This lemon-dill butter can be used to spread on top of fish (dory is best) for baking or for BBQ in foil. I used to put it in those small plastic container cups (which supermarket aunties use for sampling) and bring it for BBQ to cook fish in foil. It keeps in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.

I do not have the exact quantity as this is through trial and error, but the sticky caramelized juice from one lemon will probably be mixed with 1 or 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter. You don't need to make a lot of this as this is only used as a sauce, and the butter melts once it's in the oven anyway (I only make 1 lemon at a time). Dill is just added sparingly as flavour of dried herbs is stronger than fresh herbs. Remember to use unsalted butter, otherwise the salt in the butter will make the whole thing funnily sourish-salty.

Oh yes, Choc, where are you? How's your soup in your La Gourmet?

Van, LittleCat,
Now I remember my friend cutting slits in the thighs of the chicken before she puts it into the oven. Wrapping the whole thing in foil is a good idea; maybe the next time I bake it, I'll wrap it for half the time and take out foil during second half.

Eh, I still don't like too much oil
happy.gif
I keep imagining that the oil will oxidize when under such high heat and turn cancerous! OK OK, now you guys know I am abit of a hypochondriac
biggrin.gif

btw what is dill ?
looks interesting, i want to try leh
how long (rough guess) does it take to get into the concerntrated caramelize stage?

so if want to cook the pudding have to buy the 'cream' where to buy huh?
jia luck so much fat content :p

eh van that is a good idea! so wrap it first to make sure it is cooked, then remove it to have the brown/crispy colour and taste!
cos sometime i wrap it but the result is like 'steaming'...
Like the salmon. some they pan fry the surface then bake. But i just try to avoid the 'pan fry'...

Sophie but u r right even healthy oil, after high heat will turn bad.
I read a book they compare diff oil with the diff 'boiling point" (can't rem the exact term). so for olive oil it is better to eat it just like that eg as dipping or for salad. cos after high heat it will also turn bad.
then they also mention, olive oil must choose the 'pure' or the 'virgin' type, dun take the 'light' one. People thought 'light' is good, but according to the book, the 'light' for the olive here is opposite. They are the lower grade and also has been sort of like processed before.

LittleCat,
Dill is a kind of herb that goes very well with fish. Cold Storage sells them fresh in packs, but they're quite expensive. Another alternative is to buy the McCormicks dried ones, but we always put half the amount of dried herbs compared to fresh herbs cos dried herbs has a stronger flavour and smell. It looks like this:
http://www.sallys-place.com/food/columns/gilbert/dill.htm

To get to the caramelized stage, it took me quite a while due to the super low heat... around 20mins to 30mins. I sometimes have to take the pan away from the stove to lower the heat in the pan too.

Apparently the Vietnamese uses quite a bit of it too. Here's a picture of what I ate in Vietnam - Ca Cha La Vong, marinated fish fried with dill, mint and basil, then mixed with peanuts, crackers, fish sauce and their Bun (vermicelli)
436596.jpg

LittleCat,
Yep, you're right. Different oils have different boiling points. I only use the Pure/Virgin type for salad dressing i.e. I never heat them. If I need to make a light pasta with olive oil, I heat the normal Olive oil (not pure or virgin type) over very low heat. And for Chinese cooking, I use Canola. My mum thinks I am crazy cos she uses her Knife Brand oil for all her cooking
happy.gif

Sophie, thanks for the info on dill.
happy.gif

how about those herb for spagathie ?
I saw under the McCormicks brand so many diff herb, not sure which one is good for what.

wow take so long? u must be a very patience person...

btw is Canola good? i rem very long time ago there is an email about how bad is this oil... sometime really not sure if is hoax or it is real...

LittleCat,
For the herbs used in spaghetti, it's normally oregano. Another herb that I quite like is McCormick's Italian Seasoning, containing oregano and other herbs. I use it in my spaghetti sauce, salads, garlic spread and pizza toast.

My lazy pizza toast: use rolling pin to flatten a piece of bread, spread a little leftover spaghetti sauce and spread some sliced mushrooms and green/red peppers and top with grated mozarella cheese. Put it into oven toaster and I get a quick pizza toast. Maybe kids will like it if they do this themselves for a tea break?

hmm... I didn't know about Canola Oil being toxic or anything. Will go check it out on the Internet and find out more.

Van,
Thanks for the baked rice recipe. Didn't know we have to preheat the empty dish; no wonder the last time I made something similar, my top cheese part was burnt and inside not even sizzling. Actually my rice inside was only lukewarm, so the whole thing was not very nice, then decided to just go Swensens to eat baked rice next time.

sophie thanks for the pizza toast!
that's a quick way of doing some 'pizza'!

eh how come today so quiet huh?

choc dun eat too much hums, come back to the computer here!!
btw if u do eat, email some hums here lah

Yo kakis, howdy ?
went for check up and pig out at crystal jade xiao long bao with my mum and sis! If you like shanghainese la mian, it's quite a good authentic place..

thanks van, for the info !

Hey Soph, your big roast bird looks great !
Thanks for the pics
A friend told me that if you want the roast chicken to have crispy skin, rub butter on it.. I tried salt, balck pepper and butter rub on the chicken, quite nice aft roasting.. but must marinade for a longer time

Anne, red dates, wolfberries tea is good to bu blood.. Aft drinking the red date, wolfberries, longan and tongkwei tea for a few weeks for conf, my blood count shot up.. but if tongkwei can cause bleeding, maybe omit that.. Take more red meat like beef ..

Haven't tried using my thermal cooker, these few nights didn't cook..

Fenge is a nice soup, I can be a witness ! My MIL says can get rid of "bone heat"

cat, hehe.. tomorrow, I'm eating fried hum with dou jiang... hehe..

The spagetti herbs, you can try oregano or italian herbs in NTUC or cold storage

Hello Choc!
How did your check-up go? Do you know if it's a boy or girl yet?

Yep, I also like Crystal Jade Xiao Long Bao; in fact, I prefer it to Din Tai Fong. I like this dessert they have - some yellow coloured souffle bun with red bean paste in it and topped with icing sugar.

I never tried butter for roast chicken before... will try that next time!

Thanks soph, my check up was ok, bb 's a boy, but on the small side!An excuse to PIGOUT again ! hehe.. not hum's fault hor.. bb has been very active, might be due to kopi,can't kick drinking kopi habit leh.. doc says to cut off totally.. I'm afraid that I'll have withdrawal symptoms.. haha..

Haven't tried pilaff rice, but a friend told me to put tomatoes, seafood and can't remember what kind of seasoning .. Shop and save sells prepared risotto rice, have you tried it ? Waiting for the verdict of others.. hee..

Heard about din tai fong's tim sum, must try it one day.. Have you tried tong heng's egg tarts ? the one at chinatown sells good and fresh ones..
So have you boiled your fen gei ? Fresh huai san soup is also nice..

Also had the problem of the burnt cheese on the baked rice, the rice was luke warm, I use aluminium foil to cover the casserole first, bake for half an hr , remove the foil and bake for another 20 mins, the melted cheese on the rice is great..

Good idea for the fast pizza, didn't occur to me to roll the bread to flaten it..
If you all like a healthier choice of bread , there are more selections in Delifrance now, I normally cut the ciabatta horizontally and put my pizza liao on the bread and toast it.. They have the multi-grain milano too..

Yo van , hope this info is not too late !

If you are going for the 7pm barney show, and want to have photo taking with barney, you must take the tickets 1 and half hrs before hand..They limit to 20 families only.. Or else, you can choose to sit at the back to watch the show. My dds love barney but they are afraid of the life size thing..
Or they'll be off to Semb shopping centre on 10th and 11th june

choc,
active boy is good mah, oh, ya, can go shopping for boy-boy clothes hor, can't wear yr dds' hand-me-downs.

huh, can't drink coffee at all, so strict, hehe. can eat more is good, "can eat is blessing" the chinese saying goes.

everyone, enjoy yr weekend! My weekend will start after 1pm......
happy.gif

Back