Cooking Tips & Recipe

annelise, glad u find the disposable glove useful.
U can use it as inner glove for the latex one, cos sometime there is small hole on the latex one, but still usesable, so can double it. but the latex really 'koyak' then throw...

Btw about the Baking Soda, is it the Sodium Bicarbonate ?

choc06 enjoy your swim!

For pork cum coke lovers, you can try making

COKE PORK RIBS
--------------
Marinate Prime ribs (1 kg) with Lee Kum Kee Cha-Siew Sauce (used 2-3 tablespoon) for 1-2 hours.

ADD 1 can of coke and marinate for another 1/2 hour.

Bring to boil on high heat until the coke dries up (for me will leave a little bit of sauce to serve together with the ribs)

Got the above recipe from another Forum.
My family like it very much.

Easy to make and very tasty ...
Just a note, for those who do not like sweet things, pls reduce the Char Siew sauce.

Sixty Uses Of Baking Soda

Bicarbonate of soda or baking soda has many different uses in the household. Although much more expensive products have been developed over the years to do the same jobs, baking soda can work for you just as well, if not better. Use it in the following ways:
1. To make your own baking powder, stir and sift together 2 parts of Cream of Tartar to 1 part baking soda and 1 part cornstarch.

2. Be sure to keep an extra box of baking soda by your stove in case of grease or electrical fire. Scatter the powder by the handful to safely put it out.

3. Keep a container of baking soda in your garage as well as in your car to put out a fire. It won't damage anything it touches.

4. Baking soda will also put out fires in clothing, fuel, wood, upholstery and rugs.

5. Clean vegetables and fruit with baking soda. Sprinkle in water, soak and rise the produce.

6. Wash garbage cans with baking soda.

7. Soak and wash diapers with baking soda.

8. Oil and grease - stained clothing washes out better with soda added to the washing water.

9. Clean your fridge and freezer with dry soda sprinkled on a damp cloth. rinse with clear water.

10. Deodorize your fridge and freezer by putting in an open container of baking soda to absorb odors. Stir and turn over the soda from time to time. Replace every 2 months.

11. Soda absorbs kitty litter odors. Cover the bottom of the kitty box with 1 part soda; then add a layer of 3 parts kitty litter on top.

12. Always add 1/2 cup soda to your washing machine load.

13. Clean combs and brushes in a soda solution.

14. Wash food and drink containers with soda and water.

15. Wash marble-topped furniture with a solution of 3 tablespoons of soda in 1 quart of warm water. Let stand awhile, then rinse.

16. Clean formica counter tops with baking soda on a damp sponge.

17. Wash out thermos bottles and cooling containers with soda and water to get rid of stale smells.

18. To remove stubborn stains from marble, formica or plastic surfaces, scour with a paste of soda and water.

19. Wash glass or stainless steel coffee pots (but not aluminum) in a soda solution ( 3 tbsp. soda to 1 quart water).

20. Run you coffee maker through its cycle with a soda solution. Rinse.

21. Give baby bottles a good cleaning with soda and hot water.

22. Sprinkle soda on barbecue grills, let soak, then rinse off.

23. Sprinkle soda on greasy garage floor. Let stand, scrub and rinse.

24. Polish silverware with dry soda on a damp cloth. Rub, rinse and dry.

25. For silver pieces without raised patterns or cemented-on handles: place the silver on aluminum foil in an enamel pot. Add boiling water and 4 tbsp. baking soda. Let stand, rinse and dry.

26. Reduce odor build-up in your dishwasher by sprinkling some soda on the bottom.

27. Run your dishwasher through its cycle with soda in it instead of soap to give it a good cleaning.

28. To remove burned-on food from a pan: let the pan soak in soda and water for 10 minutes before washing. Or scrub the pot with dry soda and a moist scouring pad.

29. For a badly-burned pan with a thick layer of burned-on food: pour a thick layer of soda directly onto the bottom of the pan, then sprinkle on just enough water so as to moisten the soda. Leave the pot overnight, then scrub it clean next day.

30. Rub stainless steel and chrome with a moist cloth and dry baking soda to shine it up. Rinse and dry. On stainless steel, scrub in the direction of the grain.

31. Clean plastic, porcelain and glass with dry soda on a damp cloth. Rinse and dry.

32. Remove that bad smell from ashtrays with soda and water.

33. Sprinkle a bit of dry soda in your ashtrays to prevent smoldering and reduce odor.

34. Clean your bathroom with dry soda on a moist sponge - sink, tub, tiles, shower stall, etc.

35. Keep your drains clean and free-flowing by putting 4 tablespoons of soda in them each week. Flush the soda down with hot water.

36. Soak your shower curtains in water and soda to clean them.

37. To remove strong odors from your hands, wet your hands and rub them hard with soda, then rinse.

38. Sprinkle baking soda on your wet toothbrush and brush your teeth and dentures with it.

39. Sprinkle soda in tennis shoes, socks, boots and slippers to eliminate odor.

40. Add 1/2 cups or more of baking soda to your bath water to soften your skin.

41. Putting 2 tbsp. of baking soda in your baby's bath water will help relieve diaper rash irritations.

42. Apply soda directly to insect bites, rashes and poison ivy to relieve discomfort. Make a paste with water.

43. Take a soda bath to relieve general skin irritations such as measles and chicken pox.

44. Take 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in 1/2 glass of water to relieve acid indigestion or heartburn.

45. Gargle with 1/2 tsp. baking soda in 1/2 glass of water. Freshens and cleans your mouth.

46. Used as a mouthwash, baking soda will also relieve canker sore pain.

47. To relieve sunburn: use a paste of baking soda and water.

48. Bug bites: use a poultice of baking soda and vinegar.

49. Bee sting: use a poultice of baking soda and water.

50. Windburns: moisten some baking soda and apply directly.

51. Making Play Clay with baking soda: combine 1 1/4 cups water, 2 cups soda, 1 cup cornstarch.

52. Use soda as an underarm deodorant.

53. If your baby spits up on his shirt after feeding, moisten a cloth, dip it in baking soda and dab at the dribbled shirt. The odor will go away.

54. When scalding a chicken, add 1 tsp. of soda to the boiling water. The feathers will come off easier and flesh will be clean and white.

55. Repel rain from windshield. Put gobs of baking soda on a dampened cloth and wipe windows inside and out.

56. Add to water to soak dried beans to make them more digestible.

57. Add to water to remove the "gamey" taste from wild game.

58. Use to sweeten sour dishcloths.

59. Use dry with a small brush to rub canvas handbags clean.

60. Use to remove melted plastic bread wrapper from toaster. Dampen cloth and make a mild abrasive with baking soda.

Use of Herbs

Basil: best with tomatoes, cheese, poultry, eggs, vegetables, pesto sauce.

Tip for pesto: combine basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, and olive oil

Dill: best with seafood, chicken, boiled potatoes, cucumbers, beets, eggs

Tip snip leaves, discard stems. Great in egg salad

Oregano: best with tomatoes, pork, beef, chicken, vegetables, Italian dishes

Tip strip leaves from stems good substitute for marjoram

Rosemary: best with grilled meat, vegetables, split pea/bean soups

Tip as good dried as fresh add to marinades

Sage: best with poultry stuffing, pork chops, vegetables

Tip strip leaves from stems slip sprigs under breast skin before roasting chicken

Tarragon: best with seafood, chicken, salad dressings, omelets

Tip strip leaves from stems; use a sprig to brush basting sauce on grilled meats

Thyme: best with chicken, soups, rice and beans, marinades, stews, vegetables

Tip combines well with other flavors like parsley, bay and lemon

hi LittleCat,
Baking soda is Bicarbonate of Soda, also same as sodium bicarbonate. You can find "Bicarbonate of Soda" under the Bake King brand at all supermarkets. On its bottle, it says it can be used in cooking to retain the green colour of vegetables, but then research has found that doing so destroys the Vit C in the vege.

Coca cola pork ribs? heh, so interesting! didn't know can do that... will try in when I'm in my adventurous mood
happy.gif
I only know my HK friends told me to boil Coke with half a lemon when I had a cold... supposedly to cure a cold!

van,
thanks for the tips on baking soda & herbs!
happy.gif

sophie,
good idea to go for short holiday! I wish I can just pack up and go, nowadays can't leh, got bb to think abt, hehe.

huh, boil coke with half a lemon will cure cold? my hb having cold now & he loves coke, hmm, must try it tonite, see can cure him or not, hehe.

yr grandma really cute, hmm, wonder what we'll tell our kids when they start asking abt such things...
embarrassed.gif

lyn,
I am not a cheesy person but my hubby & frds' kids luv this. Heehee..
happy.gif

Oh, I got the thickened cream from NTUC.

Choc06,
No prob, hope u like this simple recipe.

van,
Wah say! Din noe baking soda got so many use! Thanks, I will try to get rid of my hubby's stinkoo clothings..keke...

Van, thanks for the long list! hehe hope the baking soda price won't increase after this, hahaha... sisters! better go stock up now!!!

Sophie, eh u really know all the chemical name leh...
yes heard of the coke with lemon thing, but hor SP, if someone who likes coke won't like this 'remedy' cos after warming up the coke, no more gassy feel, taste like syrup... do let us know what your hb said... skali he said waste my can of coke :p

Good morning gals!

Van,
Thank you for the baking soda and herbs list... Very interesting...
happy.gif

Last nite I boiled soup and my hubby loves it
happy.gif
hee... so happy
happy.gif

Ingredients: Onions, potatoes, celery, soya beans, black beans, Ikan bilis, Salt.

Soak soya beans, black beans. Remove skin.
Boil soya beans, black beans, ikan bilis, onions for 20 minutes.
Throw in celery to boil for another 10 minutes.
Throw in potatoes to boil till potatoes are soft.
Add salt to taste.
Bingo!

Hi everyone

Juz a quick one from me - managed to bake this morning - this is fresh from the oven! Haven't tried it yet, will take a pic of the cross section after I cut it when it's cooled. Gotta go wash up and get the kids from school. See ya!

422822.jpg

Yeah, the thing is, once you boil the coke, it goes flat. I went and dig around to find out how this cold remedy came about, and I think it's because the very first Coke contained Codeine, the same thing you find in cough syrup that make you drowsy. The locals in HK probably knows about this and started the practice of boiling Coke with lemon for the Vit C for recovery. As far as I know, Coke no longer puts Codeine in their formula, but the Hk-ers still use this traditional cold remedy. Hehe, sp, try it and let me know if it works!

Annelise, your cake look so perfect and yummmy. Nice to go with coffee.
kao_drool.gif

What cake is that? Do share the recipe here. TIA.

Did you cook the sweet and sour pork ribs last night?

Choc06,
My apple pork chop tasted alright but wasn't crispy enough.Didn't get a chance to take picture of it. My dd said it smell good and wanted to try,so I immediately cut it out for her.

It's quite tender, she thought it's chicken, she couldn't believe that was apple on top,but she doesn't like the apple.

hi lyn,
Wow, your soup sounds good... I feel like trying it tonight, but dh says he's got enough beans these few days... haha, probably farting like nobody's business... so I'm banned from cooking beans today. Will probably try it this weekend
happy.gif

Annelise,
Cheesecake looks lovely!
kao_drool.gif

Look forward to more pics and the recipe!

annelise,
Wow.. your cake looks very delicious... cham liao.. I craving for cakes! and more cakes! drooling liao... lol...

Sophie,
Black beans and soya beans will cause gas ah? I only know those canned baked beans will cause lots of gas... :p

Today I gotta cook my watercress... soaked the vege already, but havent decided how to boil :p hee...

anne, wah... your cheesecake looks yummy and I'm sure it's going to be..

OK, everybody standby your kopi or tea..
anne, you can serve liao..
You woke up so early to do this , salute salute..

Hey aa , thanks for the coke pork ribs recipe.. quite easy to make huh..

thanks van, for the useful tips, must print out and paste on the fridge.
Going to make the apple pork chop for lunch.. my ang going overseas tonight ..

My TCM physician told me that lotus root, bai he,lian zhi(lotus seed ?) chinese barley to good for women's womb.

cat tail, yah.. my ang likes ang moh food, so he'll like that baked pots.

For those who like ice-cream, Gelare has 50% discount for the waffle with ice cream every tues.. causeway pt has one ..

Delifrance is selling $100 voucher worth $125 (that means $25 free).. plus a tin of nice choc biscuits

Eh lyn, cook your watercress with red dates and honey dates ?

choc06,
I read somewhere lotus root, bai he, lian zhi are good for us... kekeke... but I forgot in what ways already. I only remember what I gotta eat :p Eating these are good for pregnancy too, and also can eat during confinement to "bu".
happy.gif

hee... I am boiling red dates and black beans and soya beans now... later will put in the watercress
happy.gif
then eat with stir fried brown rice...

annelise, i dun want recipe, i dun want picture, i want your home address..!! drooling liao...
Must give details instruction how u make this nice cake!

is watercress very 'liang' ?

choc06, how often your hb go overseas?
how about the rest ?

Lyn, u start to drink coconut water liao?

annelise,

Ur cake look very very well done!

Dear mothers,
u girls are really gd man! salute to all!

Sorry i really cant catch up.

Van,
thanks for the Baking soda tips. is very very useful to me. I am going to print it out and paste it on my fridge so i can remind myself.

Where to get big pack of soda? Those we get are mean for baking will be very ex if we use it for hsehold purposes.

Littlecat,
Watercress is quite ok. I eat it cos it's dark green in color... apparently got lots of iron to "bu" blood...
happy.gif

I have started to drink coconut water already. I started at 32 weeks
happy.gif
Nowadays the weather is very hot, so I will drink one or twice a week...

aiyo... this afternoon my hubby had wantan mee for lunch at Joo Chiat... Now my mind all "wantan mee"
sad.gif
Feel like eating, but lazy to walk to tabao... Today's weather quite hot and making me breathless. Now I switch on the fan at number 2 and aircon also, blowing directly at me...
happy.gif

hi lyn, its best to reduce intake of noodle, cos they contain "gee" (in hokkien) the yellowish ting that is not healthy
u not working today ar? so gd hubby accompany u...ya v hot weather
happy.gif

I did not take coconut water, watermelon etc for pregnancy as my peranakan grandmother has instructed us not to take that. No sure why....my mum also can't recall but just told us not to take. But I have lots of homemade soya bean milk, soya beancurd and then birds' nest in the 3rd trimester (mum said that birds' nest cannot take in first trimester as she learnt don't know from where that some babies may be prompt to asthma so only can start taking from 3rd trimester....I had one in the morning and one in the evening, double boiled with pao sheng, wolfberry and rock sugar)

Coriander leaf with century egg soups

3-4 coriander
2 century eggs
Chicken Stocks (can make your own chicken stocks or get those ready can stock)
Ginger V few slices
Fish slices / Minced meat
Salt & pepper

Clean the coriander leaf, cut the root away, slice each century eggs into 4 wedges, slices the ginger.
Cook all ingredients in chicken stock for about 15 minutes. Put the fish slices or minced meat in. Boil till the fish/meat is cooked. Season with salt & pepper.

Coriander leaf and century eggs believe can remove heaty-ness in your body. Century eggs is good for minor sore throat.

Heres the picture of the coriander leaf - http://home1.pacific.net.sg/~ccchia/pict07.html

aspialle,
No la... My hubby went to eat wantan mee with his colleagues
happy.gif
We ICQ during the day one
happy.gif

Today is also humid hor? Maybe that's why I cannot breath properly...

Priscilla,
Coconut water and watermelon are "liang", according to some...
Regarding bird nests, I hear two opposite versions. One is take during 3rd trimester like what you did, and another one is take in 1st trimester. **faintz** Dunno who to follow... I just take whenever I feel like and when I feel heaty...
happy.gif

wow Pris, u can follow huh? i half way give in liao..
yesterday just kena scolded by my hb, he normally dun really border about me drinking soft drinks. But yesterday i keep feel like drinking, he saw me drink one at home (aiyah, forgot to throw lor) then at auntie's house another half then go back still feel like drinking.. he said CAN NOT drink!

And after lunch i bought one slice of pineapple and watermelon, finish liao...

Good nite prisc.

Lyn last time i am at your stage also, fan and air cond still feel hot
sad.gif

Then we should cook hand made noodle liao, no gee and more healthy as u know what u put into your noodle.

Hi everyone

Thanks
happy.gif
Here's a pic of the cut cake - the texture is very nice and light but next time, I won't put lemon juice cos' I don't like the tangy taste.

422940.jpg

200g Philadelphia cream cheese (avail in most supermarkets. leave at room temp for about 30 mins to soften it)
1/4 cup fresh milk
1/2 cup fine sugar
3 eggs (need to separate yolk from white)
1/4 cup corn flour (the type we use to thicken sauces with when cooking)
1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
1/2 tsp cream of tartar

1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C
2. Line a 7 inch round cake tin with baking paper (I like the paper from Glad - it comes paked like aluminium foil and is found in the same section)
3. Using electric beater, beat cheese and milk. When the mixture is smooth, add egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, corn flour and juice. Beat until smooth.
4. Using a clean bowl, put in the egg whites and whisk on high speed. When the mixture starts to turn opaque, add the sugar and cream of tartar. Continue to whisk until stiff peaks form.
5.Fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Don't put all in at one go, split into 2 or 3 parts and fold gently.
6.Pour into cake pan and put the cake pan into a roasting tray (I used the disposable aluminium tray by Reynold which is available at most supermarkets). Pour BOILING hot water into the roasting pan - careful not to splash into the cake mixture - up to half way up the pan. If you are using a springform tin, must wrap tightly with aluminium foil or else water will seep into the cake mixture.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or so.
8. Remove cake from oven when ready but leave it in the hot water bath for it to cool down slowly - hopefully the cake won't sink back too much.

annelise,

can i know 1/2 cup of ingredient is how many grams? Cos everyone use diff cup as measurement. Infact i am very scare the book use cup as measurement.

Hi Hong

1/2 cup is 125g. For cup measurement, you'll need to get the standard measuring cups - you know, those stackable ones? I bought them from Cold Storage recently cos' mine got lost when I shifted house
happy.gif

Annelise...Thanks for the recipes.

Lyn...I just followed what mum says...

Little Cat...yep...I just what my said....as I took dates, longan and ginger tea prepared by my mil...was constipated...then my mum boiled the honey dates, longan and ginger tea...I was ok with it and lots of fruits and green vegetables cook in sesame oil

Remember to take your vitamins every day!

Anxious? Take Vitamin A. "All things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Blue? Take Vitamin B. "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name." (Psalm 103:1)

Crushed? Take Vitamin C. "Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Depressed? Take Vitamin D. "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you." (James 4:8)

Empty? Take Vitamin E. "Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise. Give thanks to him, bless his name." (Psalm 100:4)

Fearful? Take Vitamin F. "Fear not, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God." (Isaiah 41:10)

Greedy? Take Vitamin G. "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put unto your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get back." (Luke 6:38)

Hesitant? Take Vitamin H. "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of the messenger who announces peace, who brings good news, who announces salvation, who says to Zion, 'Your God reigns.'" (Isaiah 52:7)

Insecure? Take Vitamin I. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

Jittery? Take Vitamin J. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:8)

Know nothing? Take Vitamin K. "Know this that the Lord is God, it is He that made us and not we ourselves. (Psalm 100:3)

Lonely? Take Vitamin L. "Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)

Mortgaged? Take Vitamin M. "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Nervous? Take Vitamin N. "Never, no never will I leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)

Overwhelmed? Take Vitamin O. "Overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

Perplexed or puzzled? Take Vitamin P. "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid." (John 14:27)

Quitting? Take Vitamin Q. "Quit you like men and women, be strong." (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Restless? Take Vitamin R. "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him." (Psalm 37:7)

Scared? Take Vitamin S. "Stay with me, and do not be afraid; for the one who seeks my life seeks your life; you will be safe with me." (1 Samuel 22:23)

Tired? Take Vitamin T. "Those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

Uncertain? Take Vitamin U. "Understand that I am (the Lord). Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me." (Isaiah 43:10)

Vain? Take Vitamin V. "Vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one. (Acts 5:16)

Wondering what to do? Take Vitamin W. "What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" (Micah 6:8)

Exhausted? Take Vitamin X. "Exercise thyself rather unto godliness." (1 Timothy 4:7)

Yearning for hope? Take Vitamin Y. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for you art with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4)

Zapped? Take Vitamin Z. "Zealous for good deeds." (Titus 2:14)

Wah.. I want to eat leh... my kopi is ready liao.. The mice in my house love cheesecakes too!!

anne, I just bought a pkt of betty crockers devil cake mix, going to bake it and whip up cream and add some blackforest in the middle .. on sat for no.2's bday.. But dunno what to decorate, any idea ? mums ?

Hey cat, my ang travels every 2 weeks or so.. sian... sometimes at night, I peng san.. my girls are very energetic ..so these few days, I'll just fry rice with soup .. Thanks for the century egg soup, eh, can put kow kee chye also right ?

I have been drinking coke, kopi...tsk tsk tsk.. terrible mum hor ?
My first one complexion very good, my second one dark , third one maybe chao da ..

van, is your ang in town ?

eh lyn, how's ya soup ? can't imagine watercress with black beans leh.. you put pork ribs boh ?
My apple sauce pork chop quite ok but a little tough, should have added soda but my no.1 likes it.

hong, do you have the diff measuring cups ? That one is very useful .. I seldom use weighing scale ..

Choc06,
No i didnt use measuring cups. Look like i can get one incase the book using cup.

annelise,
thanks alot.
I wanted to make some muffin and in the ingredient they have Emulsifier gel. U heard before? Let me try one of the weekend and i take photo to show all.

Van,
Thanks for the baking soda tips. It is indeed useful as it is now pasted to my fridge.

I have been bored the whole morning... just edited the 60 Uses of Baking Soda tips into a PDF file with pictures etc. As the file is about 128kb, I cannot upload it here. I have put it into the Yahoo Group under "Files" on the left-hand navigation column. Help yourself to it!

choc06 u like century egg ?
i have one recipe to cook with kow kee chye and the century eggs, salted eggs and eggs ( u can choose less eggs) and u can replace the kow kee chye with heng chye too!

eh i really think we need to have a live demo for cake baking leh... cooking still can agak-agak baking hor aiyoh...

Sophie, do u feel bored now ? can type the Van's fridge list on what item to keep for how long after opening one leh ? :p

my ang is trying for another job the required traveling i find it is good for him.. but i have the same worry as u choc06. I can't handle my son alone... terrible right...

Hey hong, remember to show us your muffin huh..

Soph, how about trying and testing all the recipes and fine -tuning them? hehe..
What are your hobbies ?

cat, I love century eggs with pickled ginger but ang doesn't, so i'll go back to mum's place to eat with her..
Time to sell your house and move to Tamp liao..

Eh traveling overseas often very jia lat for wife one leh.. My ang cut down a lot already..still got to travel.. sigh ! boh pian !!

Remember to take your vitamins every day!

Anxious? Take Vitamin A. "All things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Blue? Take Vitamin B. "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name." (Psalm 103:1)

Crushed? Take Vitamin C. "Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Depressed? Take Vitamin D. "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you." (James 4:8)

Empty? Take Vitamin E. "Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise. Give thanks to him, bless his name." (Psalm 100:4)

Fearful? Take Vitamin F. "Fear not, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God." (Isaiah 41:10)

Greedy? Take Vitamin G. "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put unto your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get back." (Luke 6:38)

Hesitant? Take Vitamin H. "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of the messenger who announces peace, who brings good news, who announces salvation, who says to Zion, 'Your God reigns.'" (Isaiah 52:7)

Insecure? Take Vitamin I. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

Jittery? Take Vitamin J. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:8)

Know nothing? Take Vitamin K. "Know this that the Lord is God, it is He that made us and not we ourselves. (Psalm 100:3)

Lonely? Take Vitamin L. "Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)

Mortgaged? Take Vitamin M. "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

Nervous? Take Vitamin N. "Never, no never will I leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)

Overwhelmed? Take Vitamin O. "Overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

Perplexed or puzzled? Take Vitamin P. "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid." (John 14:27)

Quitting? Take Vitamin Q. "Quit you like men and women, be strong." (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Restless? Take Vitamin R. "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him." (Psalm 37:7)

Scared? Take Vitamin S. "Stay with me, and do not be afraid; for the one who seeks my life seeks your life; you will be safe with me." (1 Samuel 22:23)

Tired? Take Vitamin T. "Those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

Uncertain? Take Vitamin U. "Understand that I am (the Lord). Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me." (Isaiah 43:10)

Vain? Take Vitamin V. "Vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one. (Acts 5:16)

Wondering what to do? Take Vitamin W. "What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" (Micah 6:8)

Exhausted? Take Vitamin X. "Exercise thyself rather unto godliness." (1 Timothy 4:7)

Yearning for hope? Take Vitamin Y. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for you art with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4)

Zapped? Take Vitamin Z. "Zealous for good deeds." (Titus 2:14)

Choc,
Cannot try out & fine-tune all the recipes... need a culinary expert to do that and I am definitely not one. More like an eating expert ;)

Ignore me... I think I am just moody. Today is CD31 and there is only light spotting; period is like want to come and yet don't want to come. My period normally quite regular, 28 to 30 days cycle. HPT is also negative yesterday. Guess deep inside I am worried if it is ectopic etc. But I think I should try and look on the bright side that maybe it's just the cycle going haywire cos I stopped my TCM.

Ok, gonna take a nap now. Hopefully when I wake up, my period will come
happy.gif

Hi Van

The pork ribs turned out very well last night - my hubby finished the whole pot
happy.gif
The cake is Japanese cheesecake - just gave some to my neighbour and she liked it very much
kao_blush.gif

Hi LittleCat

Ok, next time I bake this, if my ang at home, I'll ask him to videotape! Haha! Hot water bath is to keep the cake moist - I've tried baking cheesecake without using this method but it turns out a bit dry but still quite nice lah!

Hi Choc

I woke up the usual time - just that my younger one didn't go to school today so my hb helped me send the older one so I had more time this morning. I took about half an hour to prep the whole thing and 40 minutes to bake, so by 10am everything was done - including washing up.

You're going to ice the cake with whipped cream? Which brand do you use? I haven't covered a whole cake with icing before - sounds like fun! Do you have the special cake stand that can turn whilst you ice? I used to love watching bakers ice their cakes when I was young - at Orchard Yaohan, I think, where Plaza Sing is now. Will scout around for ideas and let you know
happy.gif

Wah, quite siong for you ah - have to look after your girls on your own plus you're pg some more!

Littlecat,
My hubby need the duvet everynite now... lol... I need the aircon and fan and no duvet!
hahaha... can eat beehoon also to replace the noodles.

aspialle,
hee... Sometimes I feel like adding more noodles for wantan mee... The coffee shop near my place got very nice wantan mee... Very difficult to resists...

Choc06,
I havent drink my soup... hahaha.. now whole mind "wantan mee" and "pei dan chok". lol...
Maybe you can ask the butcher to "tok tok tok" the pork chop to make it more tender... Or put the soda to tenderise the pork.

Sophie,
You have anymore HPT? Can test again on CD35 morning if still not here... Use first morning urine...
happy.gif
My gynae last time asked me to test one week after missed period...

Hi Sophie

Have a good nap and try not to worry. Have you tried testing with first morning urine?

Hi hong

I haven't heard of emulsifier gel before. Have you tried Phoon Huat?

Hi Choc

I'm not sure if you're aware that Simei has a small Phoon Huat outlet near the MRT station - but they don't conduct classes there. Still, it's a convenient place to get baking supplies when you've moved to Tamp
happy.gif

Back