Child Adoption

Hi, I am new here and looking to adopt a baby girl. Not submitted the HSR application yet as I am single and biggest concern is the childcare support. Can anyone advise on how strict the agencies are with single women adopters?
Thanks!
Hi, would like to check how is ur process of adopting? And update me..

I'm also single and would like to adopt too currently I'm in the process of HSR.

Is it possible for these ages: 5-yo and a 3-yo pair of siblings to be adopted? Elder is a girl and younger is a boy.

Helping a friend, a single mother who is struggling financially and their father is running away from responsibilities. Parents are divorced.

The mother hopes to find a good family for the siblings and grow up in a complete and happier family.

Is it possible for these ages: 5-yo and a 3-yo pair of siblings to be adopted? Elder is a girl and younger is a boy.

Helping a friend, a single mother who is struggling financially and their father is running away from responsibilities. Parents are divorced.

The mother hopes to find a good family for the siblings and grow up in a complete and happier family.
What is ur race?

Updated....
because of Fb rules..i have changed my name to GEE PRICE

Reposting & Re-edited:

All prospective adoptive parents who wish to join our FB group,

The procedure for joining the group

Steps:
1. login to ur usual fb account
2. Please send a friend request to "Gee Price". ( prev known as giftsat budgetprice). I understand, some of you have reservations as to just writing & not sending the fren req. I cant add u in the group , because of fb settings. this group is a secret group & cant be viewed on fb search engine
3. please send a reply to :
"We would like to know the reason, why you would like to join this group? Are you in the process of adopting? are u an adoptive parent or currently exploring to adopt for yourself or for anyonelse? Please reply, so that we can process ur request accordingly. Thanks Admin

PS: if you would like to join the group, Its mandatory to send in a answer to the above :)

4. please allow 2 weeks for admin to "add-in" ur request ( I'll check my fb acc only when i've time)

NOTE: This group is only for serious prospective parents & adoptive parents. IF you are a agent please don't join or if you are looking for your friend, please don't join on behalf of them
happy.gif

NOTE2: If you would like to check on about the service quality or to found out his reliability, please don't join the group, just because ur agent had asked u to do so. Please post ur query in this forum, so that others could reply.
NOTE3: Please dont worry that ur friend would know about u joining the group. The group setting is secret. So, you can only communicate send/ receive with the fellow members of the group ( ur fellow members can see u & you'll get the messages in your news feed. your comments/ like will not be notified to your friends (non-group))
NOTE4: My fb page was a place for cheap gifts :). I dont write or post anything regarding adoption on my wall. I respect the privacy of my family(group members). i cant tag them on my wall , everyone have their issues. please understand
NOTE5: We're a very active family of almost (more than 100 people) & we answer all questions to the best of our ability & knowledge.

A request to AGENTS: please don't use our group as ur marketing tool.

Thanks for your understanding

I'm also single and would like to adopt too currently I'm in the process of HSR.

Hi I am new here and also a single female trying to adopt. I have not done HSR as I wonder if it is difficult to get approval for single. How is your HSR experience so far?

i have a baby for adoption, anyone who has completed hsr report and interested may contact me at 88099140. Please contact only if you are serious.

Updated....
because of Fb rules..i have changed my name to GB Pri

Reposting & Re-edited:

All prospective adoptive parents who wish to join our FB group,

The procedure for joining the group

Steps:
1. login to ur usual fb account
2. Please send a friend request to "GB Pri". ( prev known as giftsat budgetprice). I understand, some of you have reservations as to just writing & not sending the fren req. I cant add u in the group , because of fb settings. this group is a secret group & cant be viewed on fb search engine
3. please send a reply to :
"We would like to know the reason, why you would like to join this group? Are you in the process of adopting? are u an adoptive parent or currently exploring to adopt for yourself or for anyonelse? Please reply, so that we can process ur request accordingly. Thanks Admin

PS: if you would like to join the group, Its mandatory to send in a answer to the above :)

4. please allow 2 weeks for admin to "add-in" ur request ( I'll check my fb acc only when i've time)

NOTE: This group is only for serious prospective parents & adoptive parents. IF you are a agent please don't join or if you are looking for your friend, please don't join on behalf of them
happy.gif

NOTE2: If you would like to check on about the service quality or to found out his reliability, please don't join the group, just because ur agent had asked u to do so. Please post ur query in this forum, so that others could reply.
NOTE3: Please dont worry that ur friend would know about u joining the group. The group setting is secret. So, you can only communicate send/ receive with the fellow members of the group ( ur fellow members can see u & you'll get the messages in your news feed. your comments/ like will not be notified to your friends (non-group))
NOTE4: My fb page was a place for cheap gifts :). I dont write or post anything regarding adoption on my wall. I respect the privacy of my family(group members). i cant tag them on my wall , everyone have their issues. please understand
NOTE5: We're a very active family of almost (more than 100 people) & we answer all questions to the best of our ability & knowledge.

A request to AGENTS: please don't use our group as ur marketing tool.

Thanks for your understanding

God has blessed us with 2 adopted kids and we are super grateful... it has always been on our mind to post here but was just too busy... just wanna give back to the community here and may text me privately here if u need personal advice but sorry give me time to reply sometimes I don't check messages here... God bless!

God has blessed us with 2 adopted kids and we are super grateful... it has always been on our mind to post here but was just too busy... just wanna give back to the community here and may text me privately here if u need personal advice but sorry give me time to reply sometimes I don't check messages here... God bless!
Hi, please share ur wonderful journey for adopting.

Did u ever heard the Adoption Agency not helpful ? I mean not so nice to talk and ask everything last minute and like in the rush.

Looking forward to hear your story for inspiration.

Hi everyone

Came across this forum and hope to meet fellow adoptive/prospective parents.
I'm a single mother looking to adopt. I already have my HSR (a long and tedious process) and starting my search.

I have the briefing few months ago. I am filling up the home study and submitting it soon. I just have a feeling that it's not easy to pass the home study as a single adopter
Hi there....how did it go for you? I'm also a single looking to adopt...so can understand how tough it can be.:)

Did u ever heard the Adoption Agency not helpful ? I mean not so nice to talk and ask everything last minute and like in the rush.
Yes, I had encounters with 2 such agencies. Quite a disappointing experience.
Some withheld info, like not breaking down what the costs involve etc. Some send me photos and chase me whether I want and if I didn't respond immediately they will chase quite rudely. o_O

Anyone know where to get adoption book in Singapore ? cause o found it good book in Amazon but the shipping cause is more expensive from the book itself .

<font color="ff0000">Hi Chris,</font>
the process of BC is you go to ICA with all documents stated in the letter you get from lawyer(ICA will send to the lawyer instead of us). an appointment will be given. an officer will help to process the BC n you will get it on the spot. The officer is so friendly n greeted us "CONGRATULATIONS!!" when he handed us the laminated BC. Chinese characters can now be printed together with the other particulars.(i am so worried bcos of my lousy chinese handwriting).

On the same day, with same officer, we applied the citizenship for my daughter. officer will helped check thru whether we had filled the form correctly, documents are ready as requested in the letter. then officer will send to the dept. who in charge of it to process... they will leave contact number n names who r in charge for u to call them in case u wanted to know abt the status...

DH n i had thumbs up for ICA services yesterday. we r impressed with their services n efficient...

<font color="ff0000">Catherine,</font>
i would think the so called whole process is over only when we receive the citizenship for my younger DD. another 3 mths to wait... but my family r very happy when we brought back the BC yesterday...

Thank you for all your help & advises!!
Hi , just wondering if husband just change new job and we don't have the latest 6 months payslip , can we still apply for Singaporean Citizenship ? All paper work is done , and we are collecting his Birth Certificate this coming friday , so we need to wait the process after my hubby got latest 6 months payslip ? really need help

<font color="ff0000">Hi everybody here,</font>

Good news to share! I had got my daughter's Birth Certificate today, this morning!!!

At the same time, applied for her Singapore Citizenship. Process time is 3 months! Hopefully, we can get it before Chinese New Year! It will be Double Happiness!
Hi VQ , i have few question after collection for baby birth certificate , can we renewal baby DP ? waiting for Singaporean Citizenship approval , pls need advise my email : [email protected]

<font color="ff6000">Hi Everybody,</font>

Pls allow me to announce that my little DD is a <font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">SINGAPOREAN</font></font> TODAY!!!

We had collected her citizenship today!!!

Our family is SO HAPPY!!! We bought a cake for her celebration!!! The best part is the date on her citizenship doc. is also our 10th Wedding Anniversary!!! No words can best describe our happiness!!!
Hi VQ , any issue if we cannot submit the 6 months latest payslip cause my hubby just change job ? pls advice.

Hi all, I have just completed my home visit for my HSR. Can I know if there is any whatsapp or facebook group that I can join? Many thanks.
Hi hi..

How has it been so far post HSR? I just got mine 2 weeks ago and am sussing out agencies.

Any good agency recommendations?

Hi hi..

How has it been so far post HSR? I just got mine 2 weeks ago and am sussing out agencies.

Any good agency recommendations?

I have just received my in-principle approval for my dependent pass. MSF took more than 3 weeks to issue.

PM me for my agency.

Hi i am looking for a baby to adopt.I am a singaporean Indian.I am also getting my HSR ready.It will be great if they are twins also.If anyone ready to legally let me adopt please let me know.No gender preferrance..

Thanks.
Hi

Are u still looking to adopt a baby ?

Hi all!

I just applied for HSR and will be going for my first interview in a few weeks time. Would just want to know of the experience that you guys went through during the HSR assessment?

And would the VWO also be able to match us with a baby after they assess us and after we got the HSR?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all!

I just applied for HSR and will be going for my first interview in a few weeks time. Would just want to know of the experience that you guys went through during the HSR assessment?

And would the VWO also be able to match us with a baby after they assess us and after we got the HSR?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, for me, it is a very emotional experience as I have to recount my infertility journey and my loses. However, there is nothing to fear. Just answer the questions truthfully. The counselor is very understanding.

The counselor is also looking for the support between the couple.

The VWO is able to match you with a baby but just bear in mind that it is not easy to find a baby in Singapore. You would also need to pay $200 to register with the VWO.

In the end, I opt not to register with my VWO as I have already identify my baby.

Hi i am looking for a baby to adopt.I am a singaporean Indian.I am also getting my HSR ready.It will be great if they are twins also.If anyone ready to legally let me adopt please let me know.No gender preferrance..

Thanks.
Hi

I'm an Indian going to due very soon.. It's a baby gal. I'm unable to look after financially. Would u love a baby gal?

Hi, we are Singaporean Chinese couple looking for Singapore Chinese baby preferably. We are in our 40s and have fertility issues. If you are interested to give up your baby, kindly contact me: [email protected]

Hi Lis,

I would like to share with you. My aunt(now i know SHE is suppose to be my aunt!=P) fm indonesia called my mom just now, telling us that there will be a newborn girl and boy available for adoption, who will be borne in Jan2007!!!

But after asking my mom what r my DH, DD n mine chinese horoscopes. My aunt said the newborns r not suitable for us as they will "Xiang-Cong" with 3 of us. She advised us to wait for 2007 after chinese new year's "little piggie" who will be good for 3 of us. I didn't know there r such believes too!! Anyway, i know my aunt is doing us good!!!

Hi

I read your post and got excited. Would your aunt be willing to help someone else adopt. Our first child is from Indonesia but I don’t want to go back to an agency and would rather go through real families and let the birth mother

Thank you so much

Selena

Hi VQ,

Yes, you did sound like it... I guess that is the problem with writing... miscommunications do happen...
happy.gif

Hi Elizabeth,

I guess all of us go into adoption with a lingering fear and doubt. But we are all doing well now aren't we?

Hi all,

Looks like we could move on to start another thread on bringing up adopted kids? Issues and concerns? Babies are cute and all that but they do grow and start to talk, think, etc etc, then we'll have new things to grapple with? Even my 3-year-old now is asking questions already - I have told him that he has two daddies and mummies since he was about 2. Of course he can't really get the concept of adoption but I can see that he will ask more really soon, with the way this chatterbox is progressing.

So why not we start a thread to keep in touch as our babies grow?

What say you? I might start a thread asking for mummies/daddies who were adopted themselves or have siblings who were adopted. It'll be great to hear their growing-up stories, especially the emotional part. Will have to find time to do this... will keep you people informed.

Please do start a thread or support group on bringing up adopted children. We so need one selena

Hi,
We are still discussing at home for possible adoption. Could you share here how did you take the decision? You sit around the table and decide or what? I want to ask something else also. Do you think that you will be able to replace the real mother. I am really afraid that I won`t cope as a mother.

I have brought up the topic of adoption to my husband after my still birth. To pacify me, he went along for the pre-adoption briefing with me. After the briefing, both of us felt that we were not ready. Subsequently I have another miscarriage. After that, we went ahead with the adoption process.

Actually once baby comes into your life, you would not feel any different from biological kids. You would feel that you are the mum as this little life depends on you entirely.

Till now I keep telling my husband that I am satisfied with my life now as I have my son. I cannot imagine the sadness and emptiness that we would be feeling if he did not come into our life.

Discuss with your family and go for the pre-adoption talk. From there, you would know if you are ready.

I have brought up the topic of adoption to my husband after my still birth. To pacify me, he went along for the pre-adoption briefing with me. After the briefing, both of us felt that we were not ready. Subsequently I have another miscarriage. After that, we went ahead with the adoption process.

Actually once baby comes into your life, you would not feel any different from biological kids. You would feel that you are the mum as this little life depends on you entirely.

Till now I keep telling my husband that I am satisfied with my life now as I have my son. I cannot imagine the sadness and emptiness that we would be feeling if he did not come into our life.

Discuss with your family and go for the pre-adoption talk. From there, you would know if you are ready.
hi, can u share which agency you went? We are overwhelmed by so many to choose from. How long is the whole process? We have attended the pre-adoption briefing, what’s the next step? Thank you.

Back