Child Adoption

<font color="ff0000">Hi bbteng,</font>
it's RM30k for a twin boys! RM30 is too cheap right? You wouldn't dare to even adopt them. Hehe...

Hi VQ,

Thanks for you infor
happy.gif

Hi Catherine,

Ok i will try to read up before the BB come. Cos now I think I am very worried later the BB come I cannot cope cos I have no experiance at all. I will ask my sister along to shop for the thing cos she have 4 Kids
happy.gif

I am now waiting to sign contract for my new job which I promise to start on Jan next year. Then i resign for my current job and I hope to stay at hm for at least a month to take care of the BB.
I actually do not want the BB to come so fast as my plan is end of Oct but I also worried that later I cannot find a BB after I resign at home... so I call Linda earlier..
But now everything have not settle yet... my HSR ..my new job...my current job...... alots alots of thing.... Aiya very worried...
sad.gif

Hi Mocha,

I think it is best that you not put too many things into one basket and worry. Worrying is like rocking chair, it gives you somthing to do but it gets you nowhere
happy.gif

The ideal sequence of events is to have the HSR approved and report obtained. Then start with the baby search. Hope you are able to get your HSR soon as it takes about 5 weeks for the formal HSR report. Also some foreign countries may want to see the HSR report before they are willing to release the babies out of their countries. So it is still better to formally secure your HSR before anything else. The HSR is like a Singapore Government COE before going out to buy a car!

It is really going to take a lot of work when the baby comes and it is also going to be a lot of fun. Seriously, it has been a lot of fun and running around for my wife and I. I was also lucky as I have almost a 3 month "leave" from work as my travel schedule was not hectic when our daughter arrived.

For those of you whose adoption proceedings are going on now in the Courts and MYCS and if both you and your hubby are unable to attend the Disclosure talk, you can liaise with the MCYS case officer to arrange for a private session.

It can be done and we did that on a day when my wife and I were able to make it for the personal session, but of course then the fee is like $50 instead of the usual $30. Something to consider.

Thanks v_ni for your info...

If I really cant have my own BB, very hard to have chance to adopt a child in s'pore... sad...

I m Malaysian.

Hi, Chris,

I think you ae right , I am worried abt too many things. Now after the weekend I finally come up with my decision. I have decide to quit my job and take up my new job.
happy.gif
Although the work place is further from my place but the stablility of the job is what I am looking for.

I have start to make phone calls to some adoption agency. I have call Linda few week ago and I have chat with her this morning.. telling her girl or boy os ok for us, but she say she got no BB on hand. I have call another 2 adoption agent. One of them is joyful adoption agency and the other one is King adoption agency. Both of them have ready BB girl for viewing.

I will go down to view one of the BB tomorrow night. The other I will view on coming Sat. I am very excited now.

Anyone have experience with the above two agency?? If yes please share your experience?

Hi Chris

Can i check with u regarding the Disclosure talk
? U attend it urself or only when the MCYS social officer request u to attend? U mean u actually managed to have a private session, how u do it? on a weekday too? Is it that both must attend or either party will do? thks

Hi Justmum,

MCYS require every parents(both husband and wife) that want to have adoption of BB to attend this course. For me, before we complete our HSR we need to attend the talk to 'complete' the HSR. You could get more information on the MCYS web site on the requirment for adoption.

Hi Mocha/Justmum,

I only heard of the need for the Disclosure talk when we applied for the Dependant Pass for our daughter. At no time during the HSR stage were we informed of the need to attend.

Also initially, the MCYS lady (not mentioning names) said one person attend is sufficient but later another officer (again not mentioning names) said both must attend. So no choice.

What we did was to communicate to the MCYS that the dates for the talk clashes with my travelling schedule and in view of the need for MCYS to submit their application in support of our adoption proceedings by end October, they arranged for a private session during one of the weekdays. We went to Fei Yue in Bukit Batok for this this one hour session.

Hi Mocha,

I initially went to Joyful before the complete fiasco with Fox and was disappointed with them too. Let me explain why.

Joyful initially said there was a baby arriving Singapore on a particular date. When the date came, they said not coming and provided another date, when that date came again, was informed the baby was not coming. After a while, was informed that another was available but I need to go to Malaysia to view the baby as they are not bringing her down.

So I was not too happy with the Professionalism of the people from Joyful. So many changes and I need to go and view another baby in Malaysia.

Whatever you choose, please please please be very careful and not be caught up in the emotions. I can understand how you would feel upon seeing a baby and will just sign any agreement they put before you. Always read, re-read and seek a second opinion on the agreement. You do not want a situation when things turned sour and should you decide to seek legal means for resolution, you cant as you have agreed to everything under the sun.

Just be cautious as as many adoption agencies who are wolves out there, there are also the sincere and genininue ones. Just need to sort that out.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for you advice.
happy.gif
yes we will be very careful about the contract. W did not go t view any of the BB yet. That day I wanted to go view a BB girl for Joyful but the girl is born in lunear 7th month so we decide not to view cos in-law and my mum will not feel very comfortable with that. This few days I make alot of phone call to the agency and I find that it is not easy to find a BB now cos all agency seem to be "out of stock"

Aiya I hope that BB angle will help me to find one loving child for me...

Hi,

Dose BB girl 4 month plus still need to go for heart scan and chest X-ray check up before comfirm her? Need advice!

Hi Mocha,

It is advisable to bring BB of any age for checks before you decide to adopt her/him. This will put your mind at ease.

Agree with Chris regarding the lack of professionalism of some agencies. Just want to caution everyone here to make sure that the documents produced by the agencies with regard to the baby you wish to adopt are in order and complete. I have come across a case where a baby had already been adopted twice in her country of origin and is now advailable for adoption here. If successful, this will make it the third adoption for the baby and she is barely 1 year old!. Given the background as complicated as this, interested parents are advised to make sure that the consents for adoption from the natural parents and the last two adoptive parents are in place (ie to say, check all legal documents carefully) before you proceed with the adoption. It will definitely save you from lots of headaches and heartaches later on. You definitely don't want anyone to turn up at your door one day and challenge your parental rights!

Hi,

I need advice on the issues regarding about consent form from the baby's biological parent. Does the agent need to give us a copy of the consent form with the new name that we want to call the adopted baby? Cos the agent keep insist us to give a name for the baby then she will proceed with the dependent pass. Can we bring the baby home once the medical report is out and without having the dependent pass on hand . because it will take about 2 week to process the dependent pass.
Do we need to keep the original passport and the birth-cert of the baby? Anyway to check dose the baby have been adopted by other pple not? Anyone have any good lawyer to take care of th e adoption legel matter and how much dose it cost for the lawyer??
Got so many question to ask.. Anyone please advice. Thanks.

The consent form from the biological parents that they agreed to give up their child for adoption is a must. As with regard to your concern whether the consent form need to have the baby's new name, this is not needed at all. I also do not understand why your agent need you to give the baby a new name so that she can proceed with the dependent pass. For I had applied for my dependent pass using my baby's original name stated in her birth cert as advised by MCYS. You may also wish to note that under MCYS regulation, we are not supposed to bring the baby back without the dependent pass even though the medical report is cleared. As for your question how to check whether the baby hhad been adopted by other people previously, I would like to advise you to check carefully ALL the baby's papers (birth cert, passport, original parents' consent form, etc) given to you for viewing by the agent. Check especially the names of the biological parents appeared in the consent form are the same as that in the birth cert and passport. If possible, pass all the baby's papers, agent's contract to a lawyer for clearance before signing anything. You may approach the TOUCH for some good lawyers to engage. Hope you find some of the tips given here useful. God bless.

Hi Mocha,

I agree with Shannon that the baby's new name is not required for the biological parents consent form. This is the usual practice from these agents.

Honestly you can go and process the dependant pass by yourself without the Agent's involvement. We did it ourselves. We just got the required application forms, provided the required original/copies of the documents needed and got it done at MCYS.

We applied for the baby's dependant pass under the baby's original name too.

There are just too many dishonest agents out there. So be very very very careful. All that glitters is not always gold. So dont be caught up with the emotional side in your adoption procedures. Put on your critcal hat and analyse, review multiple times the documnents the agent is asking you to sign.

Dont appear too eager or unsure in front of the agent. Always say your lawyer will check and revert whether it is ok. Never ever show that you need the agent or else they will take advantage and come up with lots of bullshit.

Trust me, we have been there before and we have learnt from it.

Good luck!!

BTW: Our lovely baby is now 5 months old, we just baptise her, she is just adorable!!

Hi Chris

I showed my husband this thread and he would like to know which adoption agency did you go to? Also, our heartiest congratulations on your baby girl's baptism.
happy.gif
We can sense the joy from your post! Btw, what's her name?

Hi Angel,

Which agency did we go where we faced a mountain of problems or which agency did we go after that to have our lovely baby Alessandra in our lives?

The first agency we went to was Fox. The second was not through any agency but thru relatives from overseas.

Chris,

oh, my husband and I are keen to know the latter. I see, so it's through relatives...sighz. We have limited connections in that sense, so if you do hear of anymore, can you keep us informed? We want to have that kind of joy that Alessandra brought you too. Thanks v much...by the way, what a lovely name for a lovely baby...

Hi Chris,

So you ditched the Fox agency? I was puzzled when you mentioned that your daughter is 5 months old 'cos from your earlier posts, you were supposed to get your baby by Chinese New Year. So did you have to forego all those payments? What really happened? Perhaps you can share so that other potential adoptive parents will learn from your experience.

Hi Chris and Shannon,

Thank so much for the advise. We have do our lovely baby DP our own. Now we have already brought her home. Although the first few day very very stress, but now when we are happy parents cos she smile to us everyday when we she see us. she is also 5 month old liao, we wish that she can grow up happily..
happy.gif

Hi Mocha,

Congratulations! You must still feel like you are dreaming right? A mother now! Needs some time to sink in... that's how I felt and spent lots of time just gazing at the baby?

It'll be 'non-stop' from now on - if you get what I mean...

By the way, which agency did you finally use?

Good news to share!

The adoption of my daughter has been made final. We finally got the adoption order from the Family Court, signed and sealed!

This is really great news indeed
happy.gif

Wonderful to hear that Chris. Now with the legal matters done, you can enjoy your fatherhood in peace!
happy.gif
Congrats! How long a process was it?

Hi angel,

Hmm...it took almost 6 months but was ok. Everything proceeded smoothly plus my wife was directly monitoring the legal procedures.

So it is a truly happy feeling.

How about your progress? You seeking help with an agency? I know the feeling, the inner struggles and sadness, so dont feel like you are alone. In fact everyone on the thread would understand. Just hang in there and pray....sometimes that is the only thing we can do...

hi Chris

thanks for your encouragement. Well, we've not actively sought out any private adoption agencies yet as the cost is simply too high. Now, we're just living like zombies everyday, going to work to earn our keeps, feel sad on weekends when our home is so quiet and there's nothing to look forward to. Esp for me, every morning before I start work or when my mind starts to wonder, I would visit my babies' blog and feel depressed all over again.
sad.gif
We feel very alone in this journey...

6 months to get the adoption paperwork finalised is a long time, so it is completed, you and your wife must be really relieved. I am happy for your family. My hubby and I have stopped praying since the day Ashley died, what's the use when God chose to keep quiet though He could raise Lazarus from the dead? Maybe there is only Science, no God...
sad.gif
Call us faithless but we're only humans who have seen our babies breathed their last not once, not twice but three times...

Hi Angel,

My wife and I can relate to your feelings of living day by day. We've been there and we know the pain, the unhappiness and the tears shed....and we feel really sad for you and your husband. The last sentence in your post has really struck me as it shows continued strength in your message despite the tremendous loss. Your experience is truly a pain which I would be ashamed to say, might break the minds and hearts of many people, including my wife and I. I really dont have the answer for you why God allowed bad things to happen to really good people, but sometimes, somehow, based on our experience, it does seem to work out in the end. It will, it must, it should..

I believe you and your husband are nice, warm and generous people who love children as much as everyone else in this thread, something positive will turn up...somehow and somewhere.rest assured you will always be in our prayers.

Have you considered going to MCYS? The MCYS case officer who was attending to our adoption is really a nice lady and we were fortunate to have a sincere case officer. She mentioned that they have lots of children - babies and toodlers from broken families who need a loving home. Its all about matching an appropriate child to a couple. If you and your husband is keen, I can try get you her contact details and hopefully that will start some process at their end.

Hi All,

Thank you everyone in this thread continue to give support to each other. Yes now I feel I am very fortunate to choose this BB to be my daugther. She very independent and is a happy BB.

Hi Catherine,
I have my BB from King adoption. I should not say this agency is a good one because in between we have some issue like the BB social pass expired and the BB is on my side and we have to go ICA to get extend and wrost case is that BB cannot extend anymore cos she been in Singapore too long... Really have lots of problem in between but finally we got our BB DP and now we are proceed with her Birth Cert. We also look for 'xifu' to give a good name to her so that next time she can have lots of 'guiren' and healthy.

Hi Angle,
Do not be sad, all of us here will pray for you. I always belive there must be a way out.Did you look for the adoption agency? I can passed you the lists. I acutally call up 5 agency to look for the BB, and my BB is the one and only one that we see and we like her at the first time we saw her because she smile to us at the first time she saw us
happy.gif

Hi Chris,
Congratulation to you. Did your BB have all the injection done? How dose your doctor help you to fill in the Health Book? I have problem with the Health book cos until now my BB have not go for any injection and in the Health book we need to record the BB information when she give birth.. Eg BB weight, length...etc... I will bring her for injection tomorrow so may be the doctor can help..

Hi Chris

Can i check with u when u r required to go MCYS interview, does they require u to bring a couple as Sponsors(guardian) together for the interview? thks

Hi Justmum,

Hmm....for the interview, MCYS also said both my wife and I and our baby need to be at MCYS. They did not asked for the guardian to be present too. Guardian? What do they mean by guardian? Perhaps you may want to ask the MCYS officer why the guardian need to be present.

Hi Mocha,

Yes my baby is up to date with all her injections. We just updated all the information that we had and I think its ok not to have the full details. Dont fret too much over the contents of the health booklet, the most important thing to be on top of the baby's injection.

In fact, we told the our baby's pediatrician that our baby was adopted and he helped to update as much information as he could.

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for your infor. I am going to the doctor who has a adopted son himself and i guess he could help us and he is the one that do the check up and give advice to us whether our BB is ok to adopt or not.

Hi Chris,

I also dunno y i need to bring a couple as guardian.. seem that alot dun need leh.. Can i know who the officer incharge? I have to wait for to come back then i can clarify with her, the office is currently on leave..

Hi Justnum,

Sometimes it depends on the officer cos she would want to know the background of the guardian who has been designated to take over the care and custody of your baby should anything happen to yourself or your husband.

Dont fret too much. Its just a formality for them to know. They are not out to "fail" you during the interview. In fact, their job is to bolster your case as they need to prepare an affidavit to support your adoption.

If any nurses from KK know of any unwedded mum who intend to give up their baby for adoption, do PM me. My hubby and I can give the baby a wonderful home sweet home.

Chris.. i read abt Fox Family... care to share why u switch to another agency?

Hi Mocha,

Hmm...unfortunately I am unable to comment further about Fox on an online forum. That was the a requirement in our settlement of the matter. but I think all my previous post give good details about our experiences from them.

<font color="ff0000">Hi everybody here,</font>

Good news to share! I had got my daughter's Birth Certificate today, this morning!!!

At the same time, applied for her Singapore Citizenship. Process time is 3 months! Hopefully, we can get it before Chinese New Year! It will be Double Happiness!

Hi VQ,

Congratulations!

How long did the birth certificate process take?

We are also waiting for ours as the adoption order was only finalised begining of this month...so we are still waiting.

Hi VQ,

Congratulations! You must be very happy! We were relieved and happy when the whole process was over. It was like a birthday! Your process sure is fast, mine took 4 months which I thought was superfast already...

It's time for you to celebrate even more!

Take care!

<font color="ff0000">Hi Chris,</font>
the process of BC is you go to ICA with all documents stated in the letter you get from lawyer(ICA will send to the lawyer instead of us). an appointment will be given. an officer will help to process the BC n you will get it on the spot. The officer is so friendly n greeted us "CONGRATULATIONS!!" when he handed us the laminated BC. Chinese characters can now be printed together with the other particulars.(i am so worried bcos of my lousy chinese handwriting).

On the same day, with same officer, we applied the citizenship for my daughter. officer will helped check thru whether we had filled the form correctly, documents are ready as requested in the letter. then officer will send to the dept. who in charge of it to process... they will leave contact number n names who r in charge for u to call them in case u wanted to know abt the status...

DH n i had thumbs up for ICA services yesterday. we r impressed with their services n efficient...

<font color="ff0000">Catherine,</font>
i would think the so called whole process is over only when we receive the citizenship for my younger DD. another 3 mths to wait... but my family r very happy when we brought back the BC yesterday...

Thank you for all your help & advises!!

Hi VQ,

This is interesting as at no point were we informed that we need to go to ICA. We were informed by the courts that they will submit the documents on our behalf to ICA for processing.

My wife just called ICA today and found out that after one month, they have NO trace of any records for the processing of our daughter's birth cert!!! Somewhere someone just didnt do their job!!!!

So now we got to call the court to find out what the delay is all about and what is going on.....so much for court + ICA efficiency!!!

<font color="ff0000">Hi Chris,</font>
Is there any miscommunication anywhere? You might want to check with your lawyer.

as i know from my lawyer, after the approval of Adoption Order, they need to wait for ICA to send the letter for BC application n Citizenship application to them.

Then, lawyer will inform us to go down to their office to collect all the docs. needed for these applications.

With the appointment, we will meet up with the officer to do BC n Citizenship application.(We do not need to bring our child along). BC have to be done by us personally. No one can submit on our behalf. They need most original documents which are with us.

Hi Chris,

VQ is right, all those processes were done by the lawyer or our lawyers at least (not sure if VQ's one is the same as mine).

I remembered just going about our lives and waiting for the lawyer to call us to inform us on the completion of each step and what was next. At no time did we need to call anywhere to check anything - maybe our lawyer was very efficient.

Hi VQ,

You're most welcome! I'm glad I have helped in a little way to change your lives. About the Chinese character thing - we had the same problem. My husband was the one who went to process the BC and called me while I was at work to say he needed to write in Chinese characters - both of us write terribly in Chinese! The officer told him I could write in my office and fax it to them if my husband wasn't able to - in the end, we left out the Chinese characters (shameful right?! Hee!hee!). Up till today, I'm still wondering why couldn't they just type out the Chinese characters? Weird isn't it?

Hi VQ,

Congratulation. Very happy for you
happy.gif
! My still waiting and the first court hearing will be on 28 Dec and hope everything will be fine.

Back